PDA

View Full Version : Possible NPC tag:

Pago
05-08-2001, 05:22 AM
I downloaded the new G2k1 version today, and that "action" tag sounds like it would be very useful for future NPCs :). But unfortunately, there's still no way to set a variable for a specific player/group of players that can be manipulated and changed. So I'm proposing a tag that would be beneficial to G-Script and would be very useful for making CS type matches.

if(event){ setplayerindex #index, flag}

Also, you could be able to assign a few lines of code to only the specified index... like so:

player(index){

Notice that the tag is stationed next to an "if-then" thing. If the specified event occurs, an index would be set for the player who triggered the event, until the specified flag is unset. Here's an example of how this could be used:

if(playerenters || timeout){
timeout= .05;
}
if(timeout && this.mode=0){
if(playery<20 && playery>15 && playerx>20 && playerx<25){
setplayerindex #PL, pagosflag;
this.mode=1;
}
}

if(timeout && keydown(a)){

player(#PL){

if(this.mode=1){
freezeplayer 3;
setplayerprop #c, EEK! LEAVE MY BRAIN ALONE!;
unset pagosflag;
}
}
}

This would cause the NPC to set an index for the player standing in that five by five area. If someone presses "a", the indexed player freezes in place, saying "Leave my brain alone!" Of course, this tag would be used for much more, well, useful things. But this should give you a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about.

Lion'el-Jonson
05-08-2001, 07:51 AM
Action tag?

Psyker
05-08-2001, 08:18 AM
Same here, what are they?

Thak2
05-08-2001, 08:21 PM
read newfeatures2001.txt, it is a new and powerful scripting command thing.

Pago
05-10-2001, 08:39 AM
Ok, now that we all know what the "trigger action" tag is, how do you think the NPC tag I proposed would help Graal? Oh, and I kind of need it for level I plan to make ;) , unless Stefan replied to my e-mail... then the tag would be simply obselete.

Thak2
05-10-2001, 10:36 AM
Yes, I like your idea, it would be useful for many group activities.

GexGecko
05-11-2001, 08:47 PM
We could use magic, then I'd draw an ice cube... and you'll see really cool freeze effects... when you hit them, they're free... or you can push blocks to keep doors closed... and it would be used for a quest... Good for keeping Dark Lotus out! 'Cause only you can break the ice!

Kaimetsu
05-11-2001, 08:49 PM
Pago, you can already do this with the NPC Server and the "with(){" statement.