PDA

View Full Version : Yummy (no, this is not spam :p)

G_yoshi
02-10-2002, 12:51 PM
Well, I've been working on the second part of my opener for Doragon Koden. I don't have it online yet, but here is a screen shot so that you can see what I did :)

Also note, it's subject to change as far as tile layout goes.

Qwert616
02-10-2002, 12:52 PM
Pretty cool.

LiVeToDiE
02-10-2002, 12:53 PM
Ugh, thats cool i guess, i dont really get it though.

psichill
02-10-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by G_yoshi
Well, I've been working on the second part of my opener for Doragon Koden. I don't have it online yet, but here is a screen shot so that you can see what I did :)

Also note, it's subject to change as far as tile layout goes.
I don't want to sound like an ass or anything but..

It seems that you have no one helping you with that server.

And I was wondering if you need any help because Greg.. well you're just damn cool ;)

Qwert616
02-10-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by LiVeToDiE

It's just a kind of opening for his server. I'm assuming that it is un-controlled.

FFusion
02-10-2002, 12:58 PM
Awesome. :)

G_yoshi
02-10-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by LiVeToDiE

Then you do not understand the concepts of lighting and shadows...though doing shadows in Graal would be nice but at this point, it would be a little tricky to pull off probably...best way I can think of is to use ganis (for the player) in this situation...so expect this to get better and more screen shots to come from it :D

I'm just taking advantage of the NPC commands in ways people have not done yet...I'm also creating somewhat of an illusion since the orange sky is nothing more than a cutout of that upper area with some smudging on the edges to make it look like the light "bleeds" over the tops of the trees :)

G_yoshi
02-10-2002, 02:03 PM
*bump*

Frolic_RC2
02-10-2002, 02:14 PM
Excellent.

toad1413
02-10-2002, 03:34 PM

Then you do not understand the concepts of lighting and shadows...though doing shadows in Graal would be nice but at this point, it would be a little tricky to pull off probably...best way I can think of is to use ganis (for the player) in this situation...so expect this to get better and more screen shots to come from it :D

I'm just taking advantage of the NPC commands in ways people have not done yet...I'm also creating somewhat of an illusion since the orange sky is nothing more than a cutout of that upper area with some smudging on the edges to make it look like the light "bleeds" over the tops of the trees :)

uhhhhh... *drools* that's good... that's really good...

Also, don't lose that level again, or I'll kill you. ;)

G_yoshi
02-11-2002, 04:43 AM
Update!

I've now added the player shadow...and since it's not too hard to do more, I may actually do a control-npc that does shadow effects...but only in certain areas...

Mustang1988
02-11-2002, 04:44 AM
Update!

I've now added the player shadow...and since it's not too hard to do more, I may actually do a control-npc that does shadow effects...but only in certain areas...

COOL!

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
02-11-2002, 04:46 AM
That's sweet :eek:

G_yoshi
02-11-2002, 04:50 AM
I'll be adding tree shadows and other things to make it look a little more realistic as for as lighting goes....right now, the ground should be lit but seteffect affects the whole screen...maybe Stefan could add seteffect 2 that allows you to specify an area that can be affected by lighting?

FFusion
02-11-2002, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by FFusion
Awesome. :)

Kohojogo
02-11-2002, 04:59 AM
Look good :D
And yes, that's all i have to say.... :rolleyes:

Banjo180
02-11-2002, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
That's sweet :eek:

James
02-11-2002, 08:46 AM
Wow, that's pretty nice. By the way, Soul Blade that is the best signature I have EVER seen.

Frolic_RC2
02-11-2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by James
Wow, that's pretty nice. By the way, Soul Blade that is the best signature I have EVER seen.

Why, thank you. :)

Lomgren
02-11-2002, 08:57 AM
That looks great, but if there was a stretch command for width and height of showimgs, you could put most all of the shadows into ganis, and use ganiscript to adjust the shadow's scew.

Like, for instance, you could set a variable in each level for the x,y position of the light source, then the gani could read the variables, and adjust the shadow for the difference in players' position and the light source! If you could get it to where it wouldn't lag, it would be awesome!

G_yoshi
02-11-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Lomgren
That looks great, but if there was a stretch command for width and height of showimgs, you could put most all of the shadows into ganis, and use ganiscript to adjust the shadow's scew.

Like, for instance, you could set a variable in each level for the x,y position of the light source, then the gani could read the variables, and adjust the shadow for the difference in players' position and the light source! If you could get it to where it wouldn't lag, it would be awesome!

That would be nice...problem is...you'd need a 3D card to do that.

Also, having multiple light sources would be fun too...lots of shadows :) but that would be really stressful on older 3D cards.

Frolic_RC2
02-11-2002, 09:04 PM

That would be nice...problem is...you'd need a 3D card to do that.

Also, having multiple light sources would be fun too...lots of shadows :) but that would be really stressful on older 3D cards.

Stefan could always use some software rendered alpha lighting...

Spanko
02-11-2002, 09:05 PM
I'll be adding tree shadows and other things to make it look a little more realistic as for as lighting goes....right now, the ground should be lit but seteffect affects the whole screen...maybe Stefan could add seteffect 2 that allows you to specify an area that can be affected by lighting? Just make a large white image and show it where you want with showimg, then just resize it using changeimgpart, then you can do that, though it also get's affected by seteffect.

G_yoshi
02-11-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Spanko
Just make a large white image and show it where you want with showimg, then just resize it using changeimgpart, then you can do that, though it also get's affected by seteffect.

Ehem...considering the light source is either up, down, left, or right....this is from an angle :p You can't generate angles with 1 changeimgpart command. Also, a solid white image would not be properly cutout to match the shape of the player necessarily ;) It would be a solid block :x If you are talking about my background (orange sky) it's one what image...with space where the trees are cutout ;)

This is what it is for now....I'll work on the light bleed more later...I just did it quick so I know what it will sorta look like :)

ArchOwl
02-11-2002, 09:38 PM

Ehem...considering the light source is either up, down, left, or right....this is from an angle :p You can't generate angles with 1 changeimgpart command. Also, a solid white image would not be properly cutout to match the shape of the player necessarily ;) It would be a solid block :x If you are talking about my background (orange sky) it's one what image...with space where the trees are cutout ;)

This is what it is for now....I'll work on the light bleed more later...I just did it quick so I know what it will sorta look like :)

hahaha dk will rox