PDA

View Full Version : Graal Price

Graal518
02-10-2002, 04:14 AM
Im sure this was a thread before but it's just so much crap that Graal is now 39 euro dollars. First of all that's 54 dollars canadian. And only for a year of playing, I can buy like any popular professional game for 54 dollars and not have to worry about my account running out.

Secondly, it doesn't make it worth it once again because Stefan will give 'kids' unlimited amount of communist power. And put peoples gaming future (WHO PAID REAL CASH MONEY!!!) in the hands of kids!! Im not saying everyone, but most a lot of them!!

Thirdly, how is Graal2k1 worth it now when there hasn't been much added in a while, the staff run around with special things for themselves (I thought it was gonna be different there stefan).

Also I think it's absolutely unnecessary that staff run around with tags (Staff), I mean come on is that supposed to be a taunt or something?? How about have their tags on so people know what they're actually doing there.

As well for a game with so many bugs (server and game) how can you charge that much money? Geeze there's been more bugs on G2k1 since SK became staff then ever.

Graal2001 is also just screwed up in the 'economy' system to, money is now worth nothing, it got screwed up somewhere but now everyone has tons and tons of money. And it's not because of excessive playing either, it's because Graal2001 got nucked up somewhere along the lines.

I left many many things out that could and would be said, but under these circumstances, how can graal expect to charge that much money??

Torankusu
02-10-2002, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Graal518

Secondly, it doesn't make it worth it once again because Stefan will give 'kids' unlimited amount of communist power. And put peoples gaming future (WHO PAID REAL CASH MONEY!!!) in the hands of kids!! Im not saying everyone, but most a lot of them!!
What the hell is with your problem about kids administrating a game made for them/some adults?

I don't know many adults that play.

Griffyn
02-10-2002, 04:17 AM
Get a job, or a life, you choose

James
02-10-2002, 04:18 AM
If you don't want to upgrade no one is forcing you to, if unixmad wants to "lose" players he can; it's his and Stefan's game. I think this is a good decision but the prices shouldn't rise anymore in my opinion.

Torankusu
02-10-2002, 04:20 AM
Also I think it's absolutely unnecessary that staff run around with tags (Staff), I mean come on is that supposed to be a taunt or something?? How about have their tags on so people know what they're actually doing there.

They know what they're doing, and what they're supposed to do. They just don't update that much for players. They usually do put themselves before the players.

As well for a game with so many bugs (server and game) how can you charge that much money? Geeze there's been more bugs on G2k1 since SK became staff then ever.I haven't really seen that many... just none of those updates he was talking about.

He said he'd add water cans and shovels into the trading item so that you could see the number you had instead of having to drop it.

Kaimetsu
02-10-2002, 04:22 AM
Long post [Squeaky!]
Really stupid correction warning!
The things are just called Euros.
End of really stupid correction.

Anyway, it isn't really that expensive, considering more get's added over time, which isn't the case in most professional games, and you can still play for free on a number of servers if you really don't want to pay.
[/Squeaky!]

Zurkiba
02-10-2002, 04:28 AM
First thing... Communism doesn't give any power to anyone... Learn what communism is before you use it... Because it really harrasses me when people use Communism as power hungered corrupt econimy :o/

AlkarenHyralt
02-10-2002, 04:38 AM
(Staff) is coded to make all npcs respond to it. The devolpment people use it so they can work on the npcs. It has nothing to do with them taunting players.

Graal518
02-10-2002, 04:38 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kaimetsu
[Squeaky!]
[b]Really stupid correction warning!
The things are just called Euros.
End of really stupid correction.
[QUOTE]

What the hell? They're called euros and have a different exchange rate in different countrys. ummm??? Money exchange isn't the same in every country so I don't know what the hell your talking about..

I like the game very much my self, most of the reason I come back to it is because of level and npc editing. I'm not rich and 54 dollars for a game is not easily afforded for me. Even though I have a job. It's the same for other players that want to re-upgrade to im sure of it.

Graal518
02-10-2002, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt
(Staff) is coded to make all npcs respond to it. The devolpment people use it so they can work on the npcs. It has nothing to do with them taunting players.

Well I was ignorant to know that, sorry then. I was TOLD when I came back that it was a taunt.

\Edit
I don't mean people like Loriel and Birdbird when I say 'run by kids' it's just that there are so many people who get hired, fired, because they are incompitent.

funnylinkwantsbomys
02-10-2002, 04:40 AM
rar graal2001 is going to hell...but when all the newbs go over to 2002 because its newer g2k1 will be lonely and sink into what i call redeeming lol

Graal518
02-10-2002, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Griffyn
Get a job, or a life, you choose

I have a Job (A REAL ONE) and I have a life, notice that by my post count not being 2341 or in the thousands. And that I don't post things saying "Get a job,or a life, you choose"

Kaimetsu
02-10-2002, 04:49 AM
What the hell? They're called euros and have a different exchange rate in different countrys. ummm??? Money exchange isn't the same in every country so I don't know what the hell your talking about..[Squeaky!]
Ahem, I was just referring to what they're called in all countries which actually use them. I did put in a really stupid correction warning :)
[/Squeaky!]

Graal518
02-10-2002, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
[Squeaky!]
Ahem, I was just referring to what they're called in all countries which actually use them. I did put in a really stupid correction warning :)
[/Squeaky!]

Ummm? I knew they were called euros. And I know that they are called that in all countrys. I made no stupid mistake there. So what the hell are you talking about???

Torankusu
02-10-2002, 04:52 AM

I have a Job (A REAL ONE) and I have a life, notice that by my post count not being 2341 or in the thousands. And that I don't post things saying "Get a job,or a life, you choose" Don't base your opinions of peoples' lives that you know NOTHING about on a post count.

Torankusu
02-10-2002, 04:53 AM
You called it "euro dollars." It's "euros."

Graal518
02-10-2002, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
Don't base your opinions of peoples' lives that you know NOTHING about on a post count.

Just gotta say that I like your opinions a lot more then before Toran, the thing is he told me to get a job or a life. I have both of those things. He was being an idiot, telling me to get a life when as far as I can tell all he does is sit here and post on the graal boards. I know, that I know NOTHING about his life but he knows nothing about mine either.

/edit
Oh about the euro thing, I did know that it was EUROS, I guess I wasn't paying attention to what I was saying.

Torankusu
02-10-2002, 04:58 AM

Just gotta say that I like your opinions a lot more then before Toran, the thing is he told me to get a job or a life. I have both of those things. He was being an idiot, telling me to get a life when as far as I can tell all he does is sit here and post on the graal boards. I know, that I know NOTHING about his life but he knows nothing about mine either. His real point was just like james' (or was it icehawk's?). Find something else to do. If you don't like the price, work extra for the extra money to pay that off, or don't bother paying and find something in some other game.

Torankusu
02-10-2002, 04:59 AM
/edit
Oh about the euro thing, I did know that it was EUROS, I guess I wasn't paying attention to what I was saying. Euro dollars. Euros. No dollars.

ZanderX
02-10-2002, 05:00 AM
Hey Xerphier. No offense, but you're being an idiot.

Graal costs a lot of money to maintain. A price hike was necessary, or Graal would have died. Would you rather play Graal, or no Graal at all?

Graal518
02-10-2002, 05:00 AM
His real point was just like james' (or was it icehawk's?). Find something else to do. If you don't like the price, work extra for the extra money to pay that off, or don't bother paying and find something in some other game.

It was to sudden to make the prices go up that mucH IN MY OPINION. Maybe when graal2002 was released.

ZanderX
02-10-2002, 05:01 AM

It was to sudden to make the prices go up that mucH IN MY OPINION. Maybe when graal2002 was released.

Too sudden?

They gave everyone a month and a half warning that there would be a price hike in february. No one paid attention and now complain because they can't read.

Graal518
02-10-2002, 05:02 AM
Euro dollars. Euros. No dollars.

Yep I understood that mistake

Graal518
02-10-2002, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

Too sudden?

They gave everyone a month and a half warning that there would be a price hike in february. No one paid attention and now complain because they can't read.

I've been off graal and focusing on work and school for months.
I didn't know about the price hike.
If it was in the case that it's that or no more graal I'd pay it.
But if it was just because they wanted extra extra money off it then It wouldn't be worth it. Maybe they should go back to banners in free server pm's.

ZanderX
02-10-2002, 05:06 AM

I've been off graal and focusing on work and school for months.
I didn't know about the price hike.
If it was in the case that it's that or no more graal I'd pay it.
But if it was just because they wanted extra extra money off it then It wouldn't be worth it. Maybe they should go back to banners in free server pm's.

They don't want to make more money; they want to continue to run the game. Which requires more money.

Torankusu
02-10-2002, 05:07 AM

Too sudden?

They gave everyone a month and a half warning that there would be a price hike in february. No one paid attention and now complain because they can't read. edit.

i thought they were 49.

Graal518
02-10-2002, 05:08 AM

They don't want to make more money; they want to continue to run the game. Which requires more money.

I suppose.

ZanderX
02-10-2002, 05:11 AM

I suppose.

Uh? Server space, an office, bandwidth, it all costs money. Paying the 5 employees of Cyberjoueurs (which owns Graal) requires money...