PDA

View Full Version : Economy, Reset?

Loriel
02-09-2002, 11:29 PM
I think the economy of Graal2001 is really screwed up. There is ways too much money out there, and people just care about gralat, hats and bomies. It's no fun at all to play.
So I think we need to change it drastically.
First thing to do would be to kill all the extremely economic things, like hats. Reduce the money you get out of jobs, probably make them include more risk. Have some monsters or other ebil stuff permanently taking your money.
Then do a cool complete Server reset so everbody starts equal.

What do you think?

KawaiiSaRiA
02-10-2002, 01:20 AM
No way dude...then there would be alot of unsatisfied customers...I think, we need to put the customers first. Why not make a poll on the main forum about it. For one thing, I don't think it's a good idea at all. But yea, add some monsters, that take your money permanently, and reduce the amount of gralat you earn for each job..just DON'T reset the accounts. Everyone will be mad o.O

Slaktmaster
02-10-2002, 01:41 AM
Cut down gralats to 1/10 of what it is now, the rich people will still be rich. :)

Hulk Hogan
02-10-2002, 03:18 AM
Have hats be free.
BUT you can only carry like 3 hats at a time.
and if you want to change one of your 3 hats then you have to pay a fee of "x" amount of gralats.

Or maybe drop gralats and have things cost "x" amount of fish or minerals?

Falcor
02-10-2002, 04:22 AM
Hey, G2k1 one is a theme park, and people (rich people) like it. It was screwed from the time we had pets and there is no turning back.

People were mad when classic was reset, but graal is adictive and they sill play. I predict the same for 2k1, but that is my prediction.

Birdbird_0
02-10-2002, 07:51 AM
solar flar happens that hits too close and everyone dies the end.

thta would work ...

Slaktmaster
02-10-2002, 08:13 AM
The evil guy named "Corvax" ran around and poured weird venomous goo and everyone and they died then he stole the money and ate it!

Hulk Hogan
02-10-2002, 11:08 AM
The Gralat Monster (lookies like the cookie monster but with stefan's head) runs around eating all the gralats up!

Tyhm
02-10-2002, 01:49 PM
I have some fairly simple code in the Classic system where, if you die, you lose 10% of your wealth, the dropped not to exceed 1000 gelats.

You could easily change it to 10%, with only 10 gralats being dropped.

Then every time anyone dies, the total cash on G2K1 drops considerably...a man with 1000 gralats is killed. He wakes up with 900 gralats, still feeling pretty good about life. His assassin gets a measly 10 gralats. The remaining 90? It goes under free parking. ^_~

Realistically though - money is meaningless because there's nothing lasting to buy with it. The same thing happens in the entire Zelda series after you buy the shovel, or the well fairy stops giving you extra bomb storage - then you reach 999 rupees and stay that way for the rest of the game.

Hey, there's an idea. Put a cap on gralats. After 1000 gralats, or 2000, or whatever you anticipate no auction to ever go over, anything you earn goes directly to "charity", a server variable that's divided evenly between the newbies or ETs or whatever.

Me, I just think it's kinda lame how the big activity on G2K1 is working. Classic's is PKing, so it's no better, but at least it's more interesting. =_=

Falcor
02-11-2002, 02:12 AM
Hmm, Thats a neat idea. :) Maybe the Silvester Burns up the planet, then we can kill off everyone and reset har har har.

konidias
02-11-2002, 03:46 AM
The problem is easily solved.

Make new things that people can pay for that don't lose value.. Just like I was working on the new playerhouse system, so that people would pay weekly from their account and that money would be gone from the server.

The more things that people can buy that AREN'T circulated back into the economy, the more money you will remove. Let people rent things, and buy unsellable things (such as clothes helper that costs 100)

Create some minigames like metris and have them cost a ton of money. People are willing to pay extremely large ammounts of money for ridiculous items just to have them or use them. Just remember not to have the items be tradeable, and then the money would just go to the server and be gone forever.

Tyhm
02-11-2002, 06:30 AM
Enter the Taxman.

Every Sylvester, the Ghost of Taxman comes and robs players of 10% of their wealth-gralats, apples, durbies, whatever. Newbies lose 1 gralat, hoarders lose thousands.

konidias
02-11-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Enter the Taxman.

Every Sylvester, the Ghost of Taxman comes and robs players of 10% of their wealth-gralats, apples, durbies, whatever. Newbies lose 1 gralat, hoarders lose thousands.

That's not very good if you ask me.. I would hate to work hard for my money just to know that 10 percent of it, and a bunch of my items are just going to disappear. That would be even worse then getting a complete reset.

I for one would hate to lose anything for no good reason, especially to lose everything with an account wipe. Sometimes you have to think about what the players will think of the actions. Sure it might seem good economically and it might seem good in idea, but if you went and did an account wipe, you would have even angrier customers then the ones you have now that complain about the bad economy.

I'm sure people that have been collecting things and have like 1000 hours would quit playing all together if they got reset. I know I would. It isn't always about being "just a game".. to some people collecting the stuff and being super rich is their entire goal and the reason they play. If you take that away from them, it's like smashing a sculpture that someone had been working on for a year.

Falcor
02-11-2002, 01:24 PM
They come back, they always do, Mwhahaahaha.

People do spend lots of hourse trying to achive 1 goal, but on 2k1, that 1 goal is so foggy, and what if you do reach that one goal, thats it, you might aswell quit. G2k1 needs something lasting, Hats are lasting yet they were bad for the economy. Bomies are lasting but they are bad for the economy. I say we back up the accounts, and reset them and if people start rioting and threatening to comit suicide or whatever the case may be, they can be reloaded.

konidias
02-11-2002, 02:11 PM
The biggest concern is the purpose factor.. If there is a reset, lots of people will think "what is the purpose of even playing and getting stuff and working if it's just going to eventually be reset?"

I mean if there was a reset now, I would lose trust in there not being a reset 6 months later or something. It isn't like you can just reset everything whenever it seems the economy is stuffed up or uneven. People would go nuts. "Oh well, you have 30,000 gralat, that isn't fair to others, even though you earned it. We have to take half of your money." It just doesn't work.

Falcor
02-11-2002, 10:18 PM
Most people got thier money by cheating, EG: Donations cheat, Doubling Rupees, Bottle Dupe, Stealing Market items.
and I think it is fair to say that most of the money circulating around is cheated in some way.

As I said, Mayb ethe accounts should be backed up and then reset and if the people are so anrgy, they can be reloaded. that way we can try it and restore it if necessary.

Tyhm
02-12-2002, 11:00 AM
Nope. Still a bad idea.

Slowly filtering it out would work better. Add a thief NPC that runs around robbing from the rich and giving (a percentage) to the poor. Or tax players that don't show up for a month. Or even better, start a lottery - a tax for people who can't do math. The prize is 50% of the take.

Slaktmaster
02-12-2002, 02:15 PM
I can help think up some items that they can buy that is easily scripted. :D

Slaktmaster
02-12-2002, 02:34 PM
Level 2 glove to carry stones
Teleport flute?
Buying land?

Level 2 glove is pretty obvious what it is.

The teleport flute is an instrument, and when you play the right tune you get warped to another part of the world, prettu much like in Zelda. (Ouch, too similar?) Something like this would of course cost a lot of money so hopefully this will take down the gralat count. :)

Now about buying land, maybe you should be able to buy levels from the main overworld, and possibly change the levels to a degree and have them uploaded? Someone made a thread about this before and was willing to pay 20000 for just a very little place. :)

Falcor
02-13-2002, 03:24 AM
there isnt enough levels on the overworld.

Houses are enough, now if there was only some way to make it automated. acually there is but no one has done it. I'd maybe do It but I don't have the access.

Slaktmaster
02-13-2002, 03:42 AM
Hmm, thats true. We could get a good start by shortening your sig!%!"#!%"

Tyhm
02-13-2002, 08:56 AM
Hey, you guys are bright, lemme know if NOW this is possible (I been suggesting it since day 1....>_<)
Every client has a variable indicating total wealth. That's how much they have and how much they paid for everything they own and how much they'd have if they sold everything else - it goes down when they drop something, it goes up when they get something. The ammount they can earn for any given job is inversely proportional to their total wealth. For instance, an oldbie can sell a gold durby for 1 gralat, a newbie can sell a gold durby for 10.

It wouldn't fix everything - nothing will - but it'd be a start.

Torankusu
05-28-2002, 07:17 AM
Deleting the people is the only full-proof way to destroy the economy.

Falcor
05-28-2002, 07:24 AM
no the only fool proof way is deleteing the server.
hardly anyone plays on 2k1 now that 2k2 is out.
I really don't see the big deal now that 2k2 is out, to reset 2k1's accounts would be perfetly fine. Im sure that the people are too preocupied with 2k2 =\ sadly.

Torankusu
05-28-2002, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by Falcor
no the only fool proof way is deleteing the server.
hardly anyone plays on 2k1 now that 2k2 is out.
I really don't see the big deal now that 2k2 is out, to reset 2k1's accounts would be perfetly fine. Im sure that the people are too preocupied with 2k2 =\ sadly. Haha, yeah, and the bad thing is that most of the 2k2 players are thinking about an Economy. "The Gralat Game."

Ugh.