PDA

View Full Version : Role Playing

Graal518
02-07-2002, 06:11 AM
First of all I'd like to start by asking a question you must all reflect on before answering, what does Role Playing (RP) mean to you.

To me role playing means almost the exactly what it sounds, it means that you are "playing" a "role". Ok so Now I wonder this, why do people insist on that things like the karts on Graal2002 are NOT role playing. Role playing does not mean any particular time in history, so how does everyone think that something such as Go karts on Graal2002 take away role playing value?

Secondly, Role Playing is usually what the players, themselves make of it, is it not? How can some sort of NPC add or take away Role Playing value from a server. Of course things can add to role playing such as classes, therefor players have different roles to play (which is much like bomys). Kingdoms are of course role playing, with wars and alliances,ranks and such...

Please voice your opinions on this and don't criticize mine. No Spam (PLEASE!!!) aswell as no hate posts. Thanks.

Googi
02-07-2002, 09:05 AM
Because Graal2002 is supposed to be based on medival times, in which Go-Karts didn't exist.