PDA

View Full Version : colour for bodies

Thak2
05-06-2001, 09:44 PM
for setting the colours for body,belt,shoes,etc. it should use 256 colour so itd be like:
setsleevecolor Red,Green,Blue;

This way we can get any colour we want.

KJS
05-06-2001, 11:58 PM
I think it would be cool like that also then everyone can have there own colors. I dont know how hard it would be for stefan to code(I dont think it would take much more to add but I am not sure...) but like it would be a cool thing to add..

the thing is, it would still have to have things like

setcoatcolor <color>

for people who dont know what colors are what in rgb...

then there can be standerd colors and rgb

FxChiP
05-07-2001, 01:07 AM
It wouldn't take that much extra coding. Just have to single out the Red,Green,Blue, convert the numbers to hex, and draw that color over the one used in body.png.

Psyker
05-07-2001, 04:48 AM
Did that idea spawn from my other idea? :)

Thak2
05-07-2001, 05:38 AM
Yeah that also influenced me, mostly from when I was fooling around with a php/png thing and creating blending colours with RGB... I thought itd be useful for graal.

Psyker
05-07-2001, 08:30 AM
:):):)

I think the idea would be very useful.

WhoopA
05-07-2001, 08:35 AM
Why not make it so setcolor supports web colors? I mean, you could do "setcolor blue" or "setcolor #0000FF" for the same effect. You'd have thje ease-of-use of the old version and the flexibility of the new!

[Edit] Web colors are in the format #RRGGBB, each color being a 2 digit hex. So, pure red is #FF0000, pure green is #00FF00, pure blue is #0000FF. Black is #000000. White if #FFFFFF. Catch my drift?

LilbrojX
05-07-2001, 08:51 AM
if he changed it from setcoat red to setcoat R,G,B it would mess up everything, so it'd have to be setcoat2 or something... wouldn't he? unless everyone went through and changed all their scripts that changed body collors and such... but that'd suck

Psyker
05-07-2001, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by LilbrojX
if he changed it from setcoat red to setcoat R,G,B it would mess up everything, so it'd have to be setcoat2 or something... wouldn't he? unless everyone went through and changed all their scripts that changed body collors and such... but that'd suck
It would be worth it in the end though, wouldn't it?

everandom
05-11-2001, 04:25 PM
I think they should just make it more base colour which u can choose
eg. lightblue, lightblue1, lightblue2, etc.

KJS
05-11-2001, 10:21 PM
yea it would accually be better in web colors
but yea I would like the old way to stay the same but with a new way with the other colors.
so
setcolor2 red,green,blue
or
setcolor2 #RRGGBB

I wouldn't care what way it is but like I think it would be cool to have one of the ways...

and I say setcolor2 (so then we still have the old way and no one would have ot change there scripts)

Kaimetsu
05-11-2001, 11:14 PM
There's already the potential for extra colours. I'd even go so far as to guess that there's a pattern to them too that lets us work out some kind of index. Then we wouldn't need to change the #C0, #C1 etc formats.