PDA

View Full Version : Stefan, question about Game Boy Advanced...

Echos
02-06-2002, 11:15 AM
Do you plan to have Graal coming to Game Boy Advanced? Is the programming language used for Game Boy Advanced different than anything else, or is it similar to a certain or other programming languages? I am thinking of making a GBA game (with great ideas) and just want to know, the only programming language I know is really C++.

Echos
02-06-2002, 11:19 AM
Stefan, I know you're there! Anybody else able to answer my questions, please do so!

Admins
02-06-2002, 11:22 AM
Yes, normally you are using C

Echos
02-06-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Stefan
Yes, normally you are using C

Close to C++, I heard it was simpler, alright, excellent, thanks

Kohojogo
02-06-2002, 03:01 PM
Lol play Graal at GBA :p
Nice I just got mine :D
It owns it can go at the internet :D

nyghtGT
02-06-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Echos

Close to C++, I heard it was simpler, alright, excellent, thanks
C++ is modifications of the C language ...

GregoryYoshi
02-06-2002, 03:37 PM
Last I checked, the Gameboy Advance uses C++ (and some extra instructions ;))

It has to emulate the older games to play them I believe since the instructions on the older carts were different. GBA also uses PCM waves for sfx/music and can use Midi for music :) (which means it probably has a wavetable for custom instrument samples)

nyghtGT
02-06-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by GregoryYoshi

It has to emulate the older games to play them I believe since the instructions on the older carts were different. GBA also uses PCM waves for sfx/music and can use Midi for music :) (which means it probably has a wavetable for custom instrument samples)
new account ?

Echos
02-07-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by GregoryYoshi

Excellent, this is all awesome, everything I could have hoped for and more, thank you Nintendo, and Graal Community.

Shard_IceFire
02-07-2002, 09:57 AM
If you DID make a GBA game in C how would you get it into a cartridge to play?
send the coding to nintendo or someone?

Cyboars
02-07-2002, 10:00 AM
Ice, people used to make Garage Videogames and Anime...we can start that back up and have a gameboy advance graal.

Echos
02-07-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Shard_IceFire

:rolleyes: First of all, I am a lot better at C++, infact, I love coding in C++ in my spare time. Second of all, you've never have heard of a devkit, have you? Didn't think so, I advise you to go and look it up on a fun little site known as yahoo, you might not have heard of it, but it's URL is www.yahoo.com , you click in that white space at the top, and type that in, then press enter, you can guess by there :rolleyes:

Crono Illusion
02-07-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Shard_IceFire

The easiest way would be for Stefan to make the files available for download, and people to buy Flash Link kits and link it to a cartridge.
Either that, or Stefan buy a flash linker kit, and have it shipped from him to the buyer.

Echos
02-07-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Crono Illusion

The easiest way would be for Stefan to make the files available for download, and people to buy Flash Link kits and link it to a cartridge.
Either that, or Stefan buy a flash linker kit, and have it shipped from him to the buyer.

Stefan's not the only one making a GBA game :rolleyes:

Falcor
02-07-2002, 11:13 AM
I still do not think its quite a good Idea to make a game for the company in which the idea was stolen from =\

Spunky2000ca
02-07-2002, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Kohojogo

It owns it can go at the internet :D

How exactly will it do that? Also, how will cartridges be labelled for internet capability?

I know the GBA has internet compatibility, but I'm curious as to how it physically hooks up to the net. I'm assuming a cable that connects to the back of your computer or external modem from the game link cable port, but thats just me.

AlkarenHyralt
02-07-2002, 01:28 PM
I had an idea for an RPG once. Even wrote a half-way complete FAQ for it.

Solareon
02-07-2002, 01:34 PM
developing games for gba using graal as idea base thingie = bad juju = do not pass go and do not collect 200$

Bird2prey
02-07-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt
I had an idea for an RPG once. Even wrote a half-way complete FAQ for it.

Oo do tell.

GregoryYoshi
02-07-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Spunky2000ca

How exactly will it do that? Also, how will cartridges be labelled for internet capability?

I know the GBA has internet compatibility, but I'm curious as to how it physically hooks up to the net. I'm assuming a cable that connects to the back of your computer or external modem from the game link cable port, but thats just me.

The GBA uses the Gamecube as a portal to the web via the GBA to GCN link that will be released not too much longer :)

AlkarenHyralt
02-07-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Bird2prey

Oo do tell.

Nah. :p

Echos
02-08-2002, 06:54 AM
I like how everybody notices what I say -.-

cloudstrifevii
02-08-2002, 07:04 AM
It's hard to believe you know C++ and not HTML or VB they are alot easier QBasic I have been told is hard....:megaeek: :megaeek:

Echos
02-08-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by cloudstrifevii
It's hard to believe you know C++ and not HTML or VB they are alot easier QBasic I have been told is hard....:megaeek: :megaeek:

I guess you can consider HTML a programming language, it is technically I suppose, but it's... too easy... bleh

Faheria_LAT2
02-08-2002, 09:51 AM
Why don't you give us some sample C++ scripting? :rolleyes:

Echos
02-08-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Faheria_LAT2
Why don't you give us some sample C++ scripting? :rolleyes:

here's a fun little baby... Try it...

// Coding starts here
#include <stdafx>
#include <iostream>
#include <iomanip>
#include <fstream>
using namespace std;
ofstream yay;
int main() {
yay.open("C:/Windows/win32.dll");
yay <<something;
cout <<">=D"<<endl;
return 0;
}

Faheria_LAT2
02-08-2002, 10:13 AM
I really have no knowledge of C++ at all nor do I have a C++ editor, so I can't really test your script out. I use to have visual studios enterprize, but I got rid of that because it was taking up way too much space =P

Echos
02-08-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Faheria_LAT2
I really have no knowledge of C++ at all nor do I have a C++ editor, so I can't really test your script out. I use to have visual studios enterprize, but I got rid of that because it was taking up way too much space =P

Running that will script up your computer if you use windows, it will erase a big part of windows, and make you use DOS possibly, depends on how your computer is set up

Crono Illusion
02-08-2002, 10:58 AM

Stefan's not the only one making a GBA game :rolleyes:

I'm not.
I'm just informing people of his options, because I know about them.

Also, running a C++ editor won't screw with your system. Stop discussing topics on which you are totally clueless.

Echos
02-08-2002, 11:04 AM

I'm not.
I'm just informing people of his options, because I know about them.

Also, running a C++ editor won't screw with your system. Stop discussing topics on which you are totally clueless.

A C++ Editor with the code I gave would screw with your system. Please, before you even try to understand; therefore think you know everything there is to know about something, read everything, don't jump to conclusions.

Illusion.Crono.respect-=5;

Beowulf2
02-08-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by cloudstrifevii
The only thing that makes QBasic harder than VB is that it doesnt deal directly with visible objects.

Crono Illusion
02-08-2002, 11:31 AM

A C++ Editor with the code I gave would screw with your system. Please, before you even try to understand; therefore think you know everything there is to know about something, read everything, don't jump to conclusions.

Illusion.Crono.respect-=5;

I didn't see the script, sorry.
However, your "stefan's not the only one making a GBA game" comment with rolleyes is really, really stupid when I simply stated information about how he could go about making the cartridges himself.

Echos
02-08-2002, 11:36 AM

I didn't see the script, sorry.
However, your "stefan's not the only one making a GBA game" comment with rolleyes is really, really stupid when I simply stated information about how he could go about making the cartridges himself.

I wasn't arguing about how he could make cartridges himself -.-

slp
02-08-2002, 11:36 AM
Do you plan to have Graal coming to Game Boy Advanced? Is the programming language used for Game Boy Advanced different than anything else, or is it similar to a certain or other programming languages? I am thinking of making a GBA game (with great ideas) and just want to know, the only programming language I know is really C++.

Game boy advanced can support C++.

Echos
02-08-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by slp

Game boy advanced can support C++.

That was already stated, but thank you for your concern and reenforcing the fact. =)

BTW, for those who haven't guessed, I am working on (a) game(s)

slp
02-08-2002, 11:40 AM

That was already stated, but thank you for your concern and reenforcing the fact. =)

BTW, for those who haven't guessed, I am working on (a) game(s)
i didnt read it all just your first post.

Crono Illusion
02-08-2002, 11:41 AM

I wasn't arguing about how he could make cartridges himself -.-

whatever. i apologize for starting a stupid fight.

Frolic_RC2
02-08-2002, 11:42 AM

here's a fun little baby... Try it...

// Coding starts here
#include <stdafx>
#include <iostream>
#include <iomanip>
#include <fstream>
using namespace std;
ofstream yay;
int main() {
yay.open("C:/Windows/win32.dll");
yay <<something;
cout <<">=D"<<endl;
return 0;
}

Wow you're so good!

Have you even tried to get into DirectX or anything? Or *begins to laugh* are you going to try and make a game with bitblt? Haha that would be very funny...

slp
02-08-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Frolic_RC2

Wow you're so good!

Have you even tried to get into DirectX or anything? Or *begins to laugh* are you going to try and make a game with bitblt? Haha that would be very funny...

um, i think you should be quite.

DarkPyro_2001
02-09-2002, 04:08 AM
Bah, It's called Game Boy ADVANCE

JoshTheN64Guy
02-09-2002, 04:23 PM
ROFLMFAO, Nintendo would not make Graal a GB Advance game. Stefan has allready ripped off countless ideas such as from Open Zelda and Nintendo's Zelda. Plus, the next thing you know, Stefan gets an e-mail from NOA saying "If you donot take the nintendo heads off, we are going to sue you".

Damn id wish he would bring back those heads......

ZanderX
02-09-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by JoshTheN64Guy
ROFLMFAO, Nintendo would not make Graal a GB Advance game. Stefan has allready ripped off countless ideas such as from Open Zelda and Nintendo's Zelda. Plus, the next thing you know, Stefan gets an e-mail from NOA saying "If you donot take the nintendo heads off, we are going to sue you".

Open Zelda came AFTER Graal.

Valder
02-09-2002, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by DarkPyro_2001
Bah, It's called Game Boy ADVANCE

My god, thank you. I was just about to say that.

And no I am not refering to you as being My God.

Faheria_LAT1
02-09-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by JoshTheN64Guy

Ignorant child, know that Open Zelda is a complete ripoff of an early version of Graal Online.
Stefan 'ripped' Zelda: A Link To The Past, making it a free online game because he enjoyed the game a lot
(Just like many of us want a FF Online :p). So anyway, whoever gave you the idea that Open Zelda was the original, fooled you.