PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye?

Echos
02-02-2002, 10:11 AM
Recently, my family, which has been quite wealthy, has gone bankrupt. We are flat broke. This is probably the last month for me on the internet, and we might sell our computer soon, as well as our large house.

Please don't flame me or lock/delete this thread, it is for all my friends to read, just incase they wonder about me, therefore anybody I know on Graal.

I've known that this day was coming since September, and I pushed it into the back of my mind, trying to enjoy myself in the house I grew up in, and enjoying my computer stuff and video games. Now it seems that all that will have to be sold, I am in a family of 5, my mom, day, brother, sister, and I. I would like to say goodbye to all in advance, how far in advance, I do not know, hopefully something will happen and we will spring back up, but there seems to be no way. I'd make a list of all my friends, but that would be useless, I consider all my friends here, and I will continue on in Graal until my day has come, goodbye my friends. :(

- Shaun / Shaun Elementis

Vyse_the_Blue_Rogue
02-02-2002, 10:12 AM
dude, that must be hard...

ZanderX
02-02-2002, 10:13 AM
:( :( :(!

Sorry to hear, man. I hope things get better. X_X

Torankusu
02-02-2002, 10:15 AM
Good things come to those who wait.

I hope it gets better soon. I would like to see some of your horrible(JOKE JOKEJ OKE) levels. :[

IceHawk
02-02-2002, 10:16 AM
That sucks badly.

Echos
02-02-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
Good things come to those who wait.

I hope it gets better soon. I would like to see some of your horrible(JOKE JOKEJ OKE) levels. :[

here =\ , steal them and when I die in poverty I will haunt you

cshank4
02-02-2002, 10:20 AM
Man that sucks, I know how it feels...
God Bless You!

Torankusu
02-02-2002, 10:21 AM
Those really don't look all that bad...

Psyker
02-02-2002, 10:24 AM
Ugh. That sucks. I hope you can scrounge up enough money to live a good life.

02-02-2002, 10:26 AM
may you win the lottery!

c0nsp1racy
02-02-2002, 10:27 AM
You should sell crack youll spring right back up.

Soto2001
02-02-2002, 10:27 AM
damnit no :( Shaun i hope everything gets better and you return soon:( :( :( :(

sac
02-02-2002, 10:28 AM
did your dad invest in Enron stocks?

c0nsp1racy
Soto that signatures badass who made it?

Echos
Originally posted by Psyker
Ugh. That sucks. I hope you can scrounge up enough money to live a good life.

Looks like I'm not going to medical school, I am really good in science and have the grades too =\

I still have to have surgery x.x , guess that won't happen anytime soon.

Thanks for your support, I just don't want people to wonder if I one day not appear ever again and am not heard of

c0nsp1racy
02-02-2002, 10:29 AM
Yo since yer leaving anyway can i get yer **** on graal?
j/p

Echos
02-02-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by somebody
Soto that signatures badass who made it?

That's the Shadow Dragons image he uses, except blue

may you win the lottery!

We bought a ticket, come on 10 million!

You should sell crack youll spring right back up.

This is British Columbia I'm in, that would be simple, but no, it's dishonourable, and I take honour seriously

did your dad invest in Enron stocks?

No, it's just the economy just shut it's doors, and my dad is trying to get a job as an Oracle Database Admin... Maybe Cyberjoueurs needs one...?

mrkriton
02-02-2002, 10:35 AM
:( :( Sorry for the bankrupcy Shaun...thats the time where life crashed before your eyes. Gotta freakin S***

Valder
02-02-2002, 10:36 AM
I'm sorry, that sucks
Große Sachen Mais geschehen Ihnen ab jetzt untill, das Sie sterben
Believe me, I know what it feels like to live in low-society levels. My mom almost never has money and we can barely pay for what we have now, but yur situation is worse, best of luck <3

c0nsp1racy
02-02-2002, 10:38 AM
wtf did you say about the gfx i made for soto?

Echos
02-02-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by c0nsp1racy
wtf did you say about the gfx i made for soto?

They're the logo of the Shadow Dragons, except shaded blue

Jinx
02-02-2002, 10:49 AM
My god...

This is horrible =/

Well, I want you to know you've been a great Friend all this time I've known you.... a great friend, great staff, great level maker...everything....

Good luck in the future... I seriously hope everything comes out ok.

=(

-Jinx

Sir_Gareth
02-02-2002, 10:49 AM
:/ that sucks, I dont know who you are but at least were both canadian ;)

It must suck, jut knowing you mave money,
My family doesnt have like lots but its enough to get byand have a nice enough house,
I not saying im dreadfully poor but in this city there arent great jobs,
Its not like you wont be able to live live, its just that you cant go places and get everything that you want, you will get back on your feet dont worry ;) best of luck <3

Echos
02-02-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Sir_Gareth
:/ that sucks, I dont know who you are but at least were both canadian ;)

It must suck, jut knowing you mave money,
My family doesnt have like lots but its enough to get byand have a nice enough house,
I not saying im dreadfully poor but in this city there arent great jobs,
Its not like you wont be able to live live, its just that you cant go places and get everything that you want, you will get back on your feet dont worry ;) best of luck <3

Thank you, it just hurts going from one of the more wealthier people in town to going to only a one floor house, no games, and only thing I can do with my time is draw or play with... rats...

Sir_Gareth
02-02-2002, 10:55 AM
how much money did you lose? :/

Psyker
02-02-2002, 10:58 AM
i. am. canadian.

Echos
02-02-2002, 10:59 AM
how much money did you lose? :/

It's not like that. We've been surviving off of our reserved money and myself and siblings' university money. It's gone now... Myself, my brother, and my sister, ages 9 and 10, we might all get seperated... I'm so close to my family too... I am in tears writing this...

Jinx
02-02-2002, 11:04 AM
This sucks...

-Jinx

Bird2prey
02-02-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Echos

It's not like that. We've been surviving off of our reserved money and myself and siblings' university money. It's gone now... Myself, my brother, and my sister, ages 9 and 10, we might all get seperated... I'm so close to my family too... I am in tears writing this...

I... I don't know what to say. Hope things turn out for the best...?

Sir_Gareth
02-02-2002, 11:06 AM

It's gone now... Myself, my brother, and my sister, ages 9 and 10, we might all get seperated... I'm so close to my family too... I am in tears writing this...

Thats so sad :(
I sure hope you won't..

and im sure your in tears...tahts really sad,... :(

I dont think anyone can really feel what your felling :(
<3
<3
<3
<3
<3
<3
<3

funnylinkwantsbomys
02-02-2002, 11:07 AM
move to us yo

Sir_Gareth
02-02-2002, 11:10 AM
Do you have any old antiques or anthing old or collectable that maybe worth lots of money that yu may of forgot of?

Echos
02-02-2002, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by funnylinkwantsbomys
move to us yo

You need money to move

this, is all really weird. It's like a weird dream, more like a nightmare, I just wish I would wake up... It's like when you do something on accident, and you think to yourself "That didn't just happen", I hate it, and wish it would end, ruining my life and losing everything I've ever known or had, including my family, I hate it, I wish something would happen...

Echos
02-02-2002, 11:13 AM
Do you have any old antiques or anthing old or collectable that maybe worth lots of money that yu may of forgot of?

No, already thought of that... I'll have to sell my GameCube and GameBoy Advanced though, so there goes my entertainment =\

mrkriton
02-02-2002, 11:14 AM
Dont worry shaun. Lets hope the Canadian Government pulls through to assist everyone who went bankrupt. If not the US Government may asisst...but i dunno, i dont know anything that the Government does or what acts/bill/ whatnot they pass

Link188
02-02-2002, 11:15 AM

I just have to say that you do not deserve that punishment...nor do any of us in this forum, in this country, in this world. I don't like goodbyes... I know I have seen some pretty sad ones, but this is just unexplainable... Don't worry, I trust that your family can get themselves out of this, just like you have gotten yourself out of those many hard times on graal such as PK rages... God bless you... (Well, now you know the real Jeice Lighthawk)

Until we meet again...

Bird2prey
02-02-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by mrkriton
Dont worry shaun. Lets hope the Canadian Government pulls through to assist everyone who went bankrupt. If not the US Government may asisst...but i dunno, i dont know anything that the Government does or what acts/bill/ whatnot they pass

Hmm? Something about mass bankrupcy in Canada?

mrkriton
02-02-2002, 11:16 AM
No, already thought of that... I'll have to sell my GameCube and GameBoy Advanced though, so there goes my entertainment =\
you must have some antiques...I mean we have a couch in our living room thats over 100 years old ((i think)) old school desk from the 1800's... but nothing in the attic, we never use it. and theirs tons of crap in boxes in our basement

funnylinkwantsbomys
02-02-2002, 11:17 AM
in the us things are alot better and more jobs....even i could work at mcdonalds...do you guys ever think about when your old enuff to all get jobs and get lots of income?

Link188
02-02-2002, 11:18 AM

You need money to move

this, is all really weird. It's like a weird dream, more like a nightmare, I just wish I would wake up... It's like when you do something on accident, and you think to yourself "That didn't just happen", I hate it, and wish it would end, ruining my life and losing everything I've ever known or had, including my family, I hate it, I wish something would happen...

"One day you will wake up and conquer all that stands in your path..." Remember that...

~Jeice Lighthawk~

Sir_Gareth
02-02-2002, 11:19 AM
Well I hope that lottery ticket is a luckey one =X!!!

I have to go, dont worry shaun im sure EVERYTHING will coem around

Bird2prey
02-02-2002, 11:21 AM
Well I hope that lottery ticket is a luckey one =X!!!

I have to go, dont worry shaun im sure EVERYTHING will coem around

Waht are you basing that on? :rolleyes:

Jinx
02-02-2002, 11:23 AM

this, is all really weird. It's like a weird dream, more like a nightmare, I just wish I would wake up...

In a way I feel the same way, only I can imagine you feel it much worse.

=/

-Jinx

Echos
02-02-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Bird2prey

Hmm? Something about mass bankrupcy in Canada?

Try British Columbia, and yes, we are having an economic meltdown. Last week 1/3 of the Government employees were laid off.

Link188
02-02-2002, 11:25 AM
Shaun do you have a Screenname or any way I can contact you? Or can you go on graal now? Please respond!

Echos
02-02-2002, 11:28 AM
AIM: ShaunElementis
Email: [email protected]

Try one

Bird2prey
02-02-2002, 11:34 AM

Try British Columbia, and yes, we are having an economic meltdown. Last week 1/3 of the Government employees were laid off.
^^ I'm sorry I didn't know.

Echos
02-02-2002, 11:37 AM

^^ I'm sorry I didn't know.

It's not your fault, it's just an effect from September 11th, the world is of a Global economy

Bird2prey
02-02-2002, 11:38 AM

It's not your fault, it's just an effect from September 11th, the world is of a Global economy

The terrorists are ignorant of the fact they are affecting more than America.

Echos
02-02-2002, 11:39 AM
I also apologize for anybody that hates me for whatever reason they may hate me, nobody has 0 friends, but nobody has 0 enemies

Jinx
02-02-2002, 11:40 AM

The terrorists are ignorant of the fact they are affecting more than America.

bah, terrorists dont care. If anything they'd be happy =/

-Jinx

Bird2prey
02-02-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Jinx

-Jinx

The terrorist only hate America... and declared war on Australia and other Alliance countries claiming them to be just as bad.

agretsguest
02-02-2002, 11:46 AM
You need money to move

Well...what if you open a paypal account and we all give you $5? cmon only $5 people and then with all the people viewing this it might help.....

Link188
02-02-2002, 11:47 AM

-Jinx

Terrorists don't deserve to live...

Echos
02-02-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by agretsguest

Well...what if you open a paypal account and we all give you $5? cmon only $5 people and then with all the people viewing this it might help.....

No thanks, I cannot take money that way, even if I did have a credit card. I am surprised, I was expecting to get flamed and get told to leave. In a non *** way, I love all of you, and this community.

Jinx
02-02-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by agretsguest

I would be more than willing...

-Jinx

Bird2prey
02-02-2002, 11:53 AM

I would be more than willing...

-Jinx

As would I. I hate to see people in situations like this...

Jinx
02-02-2002, 11:55 AM

As would I. I hate to see people in situations like this...

I hate seeing people in situations like this, but seeing friends like shaun in situations like this....

...I just couldn't imagine it before today...

-Jinx

Echos
02-02-2002, 11:56 AM
I was thinking.. I am insured for a half million alone, would it be best if I just died and let them collect the insurance?

Jinx
02-02-2002, 12:00 PM
I was thinking.. I am insured for a half million alone, would it be best if I just died and let them collect the insurance?

HELL NO SHAUN!!!!

-Jinx

funnylinkwantsbomys
02-02-2002, 12:02 PM
O.o dumb thing to jus kill people for money :/

spi
02-02-2002, 12:03 PM
sounds like enron

Echos
02-02-2002, 12:03 PM

HELL NO SHAUN!!!!

-Jinx

It would be better for 1 to go quickly than 5 slowly...

Jinx
02-02-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by funnylinkwantsbomys
O.o dumb thing to jus kill people for money :/

People did it during the Great Depression =/

And Shaun, at least wait and see how things go =(

-Jinx

Bird2prey
02-02-2002, 12:18 PM

People did it during the Great Depression =/

And Shaun, at least wait and see how things go =(

-Jinx

And the American Civil War.

Milkdude99
02-02-2002, 12:34 PM

Try British Columbia, and yes, we are having an economic meltdown. Last week 1/3 of the Government employees were laid off. Its sad when life deals you a rotten blow but we all must try to get thru it and move on and do the best with what we have and not think about what was.I am a firm believer that you can do anything you set your mind to , I have lost a brother to a drunk driver and have a bitter divorce which took me 20 years to get to know my oldest daughter and that was really hard on me to be apart from her and not to get to see her or get to see her grow up and yet I never gave up hope and now after all these years we are getting to know each other and I even have a 4 yearold Grand daughter from her and it is looking alot brighter now so never give up hope , it make take along time but nothing is impossible. :)

IceHawk
02-02-2002, 12:49 PM
I live in BC too, it sucks badly.
Sorry for you, and I wish you the best.

nyghtGT
02-02-2002, 12:52 PM
Recently, my family, which has been quite wealthy, has gone bankrupt. We are flat broke. This is probably the last month for me on the internet, and we might sell our computer soon, as well as our large house.

Please don't flame me or lock/delete this thread, it is for all my friends to read, just incase they wonder about me, therefore anybody I know on Graal.

I've known that this day was coming since September, and I pushed it into the back of my mind, trying to enjoy myself in the house I grew up in, and enjoying my computer stuff and video games. Now it seems that all that will have to be sold, I am in a family of 5, my mom, day, brother, sister, and I. I would like to say goodbye to all in advance, how far in advance, I do not know, hopefully something will happen and we will spring back up, but there seems to be no way. I'd make a list of all my friends, but that would be useless, I consider all my friends here, and I will continue on in Graal until my day has come, goodbye my friends. :(

- Shaun / Shaun Elementis
That sucks so much, I hope things work out ...

Bird2prey
02-02-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by nyghtGT

That sucks so much, I hope things work out ...

Beowulf2
02-02-2002, 12:57 PM
Even though I never knew you personally, anyone who let Kaimetsu use their account is cool as they can be :) . I'm sorry to learn of your misfortune :( . My dad got laid off from his job in November, and being the only one having good luck bringing money in this past year (real estate sucked for my mom) we are currently living off of our stored money. He's hopefully getting a job again real soon and maybe your father can find work as well.

Suicide is never the way to solve anyone's problems. Do you think your parents would really want to go on living off of money they collected from your death? It would be a haunting reminder to them. You just have to take what life throws at you, and I hope that your family can persevere through this.

AlkarenHyralt
02-02-2002, 01:01 PM
That's rough man, sorry to hear you and your family must got through with that. I hope everyting works out in the end for you all, though. :(

TrueHeaT
02-02-2002, 01:10 PM
Shaun from Vancouver? Anyway, I'm sorry. I hope you guys pull through all right.

agretsguest
02-02-2002, 03:36 PM

It would be better for 1 to go quickly than 5 slowly...
if you want to get insurance dont kill yourself just try to get your foot ran over by a car BUT DON'T do that we'd give you money through paypal or cheque give us your adress if you want cheques instead since you dont have a credit card and dont f***in cut your wrists or anything to get half a million Jehuty almost did that but he wasn't poor and **** like you but same story he was reallly depressed... we're trying to support you as much as possible why would you think people would flame we're not evil monsters we're happy to help....

Zelgadis_Geywords
02-02-2002, 05:40 PM
Shaun, I knew you not, but reading this thread, I was compelled to comment. I cannot say anything here that has been said to express how I feel, but I can only wish you the best.

Echos
02-03-2002, 12:04 AM
Trueheat, I just said I was from Vancouver, it's simpler than explaining where Chilliwack (45 minute drive away) was.

Beowulf, you're right, I guess I shouldn't, that would make matters worse. Your story sounds very like mine, best of you luck to you. As my mom keeps repeating (I think she snapped), When one door closes, another opens.

Once again, thanks for your support. Right now, it's really cold, a Canadian Winter x.x , and we can't have heat, so we have to use a lot of blankets.

Bird2prey
02-03-2002, 12:12 AM
Trueheat, I just said I was from Vancouver, it's simpler than explaining where Chilliwack (45 minute drive away) was.

Beowulf, you're right, I guess I shouldn't, that would make matters worse. Your story sounds very like mine, best of you luck to you. As my mom keeps repeating (I think she snapped), When one door closes, another opens.

Once again, thanks for your support. Right now, it's really cold, a Canadian Winter x.x , and we can't have heat, so we have to use a lot of blankets.

Ack.

Torankusu
02-03-2002, 12:14 AM

Looks like I'm not going to medical school, I am really good in science and have the grades too =\

I still have to have surgery x.x , guess that won't happen anytime soon.

Thanks for your support, I just don't want people to wonder if I one day not appear ever again and am not heard of Scholarships. I think they are a possibility.

Bird2prey
02-03-2002, 12:17 AM
Scholarships. I think they are a possibility.

There's always hope...

Echos
02-03-2002, 12:27 AM
Scholarships. I think they are a possibility.

Yes, that is my only hope, but, I might have to quit school to get a job to support my family

Lomgren
02-03-2002, 12:27 AM
***Lomgren speaking***

This is something I never thought I would see. I've known you for a while now Shaun, through Classic. I hope things turn out for the better for you, and I will pray for you and keep you in my thoughts.

Lomgren *this will probably be my last post on the board, as you can see Chad is using the account now*

Bird2prey
02-03-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Lomgren
***Lomgren speaking***

This is something I never thought I would see. I've known you for a while now Shaun, through Classic. I hope things turn out for the better for you, and I will pray for you and keep you in my thoughts.

Lomgren *this will probably be my last post on the board, as you can see Chad is using the account now*

Why do you get a custom status with only around 150 posts when I have over 900, without one.

Beowulf2
02-03-2002, 12:31 AM
My situation is no where near as serious as yours is. We still have three or four months left of reserves that we can use before we have to seriously panic. We'll make it through, I think =P. I really wish there was something I could do to help you. I feel so awful reading this and being so helpless :( .

Echos
02-03-2002, 12:34 AM
It'll be alright. As some of you may know, I had tons of ideas for games, I'm very creative. I was planning on making the games myself, but because this happened, maybe I could find a way to sell the ideas, and make money off that for a few more months

Beowulf2
02-03-2002, 01:03 AM

Why do you get a custom status with only around 150 posts when I have over 900, without one.
Because he made one before the 1000-post rule was in place.

Bird2prey
02-03-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Beowulf2

Because he made one before the 1000-post rule was in place.

Lucky bastard. >:)

ArchOwl
02-03-2002, 01:08 AM
:megaeek:

Bird2prey
02-03-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by ArchOwl

A terrible shame, isn't it?

Link188
02-03-2002, 01:29 AM

HELL NO SHAUN!!!!

-Jinx

Exactly what i said...:(

Echos
02-03-2002, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by ArchOwl

might as well as used this one : :spam:

VyralP2P
02-03-2002, 06:38 AM
:(
I feel sorry for you and lot's of people in diffrent country's being affected by the actions that took place september 11th..
But life is life , and there is nothing anyone can do anything about it..But I hope you get the chanse to finish school and get a good job , and that your family survives this hard time.

Echos
02-03-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by VyralP2P
:(
I feel sorry for you and lot's of people in diffrent country's being affected by the actions that took place september 11th..
But life is life , and there is nothing anyone can do anything about it..But I hope you get the chanse to finish school and get a good job , and that your family survives this hard time.

Many others have it worse, with their own family already dead.. I hope we survive too, thank you. I will be visiting every playerworld, one per day, getting to know everybody to keep for memories in the cold..

Faheria_LAT2
02-03-2002, 07:08 AM
Sorry to see this happen, hope many things become better for you.

Torankusu
02-03-2002, 07:13 AM

It would be better for 1 to go quickly than 5 slowly... When they care for you, it's not. Then chances are it'd still be four going slowly, if not one or two instantly.

As I said before. Good things are sure to come to those who wait.

Echos
02-03-2002, 07:14 AM
I feel sorry for my parents, they must be devastated and feel responsible, I sure hope not. =*(

yoshee15
02-03-2002, 07:20 AM
Sad state of affair your familys in, hope everything pulls through in the end.

PlazmaX
02-03-2002, 11:18 AM
I do not know you , but I say good luck and good bye because dam I don't even want to imagine if that happened to my family that would be the worst thing to have to go through.