PDA

View Full Version : Thing Graal needs so you can find out who is laggy

Rekad
05-05-2001, 10:00 AM
I think that Graal should Ping the players or something like that so you can tell if someone is gonna lagg, before you spar them or stuff like that

Zulithe
05-05-2001, 10:15 AM
Hmm... I wouldn't mind that feature.

What I REALLY want though is a chatroom built into the Graal client!

Psyker
05-05-2001, 11:02 AM
That would be nice.

Tyhm
05-05-2001, 04:09 PM
Use the AP colors on the rating for ping. 0 lag = gold, 1 second = black

MoonAngel
05-05-2001, 07:52 PM
psyker would be black 300% of the time.. well.. except when he had too much Pink Lemonade like yesterday ; )

FxChiP
05-06-2001, 01:11 AM
No problem with that idea, except for one thing. People will show someone their ping and go like "YOU [email protected]" if they were beaten.

KJS
05-06-2001, 04:58 AM
the ping from your computer to someone elses computer on graal is depended on all this...

it first has to send data to the graal server then the graal server sends it to playerB. Then once playerB gets that data it would send it back to the server. once the server gets it again it would have to send it to you again. Then how long that is, is the ping.

So like if you lived next door to playerB and you both have a cable modem or something like that you could still get a ping of over 1 second. It would have a lot to deal with the server.

this would probly lag up the server with all the data being sent back and forth. Like I mean right now you send your x and y and all the things you do and to add a ping I beleve would just lag up the server even more.

It would be a cool idea but probly lag people up more and the server up more.

freddyfox
05-06-2001, 06:03 AM
I "thing" that's a great idea!

Cloud_X
05-06-2001, 07:16 AM
Great Idea!
Maybe it could be like a color system kinda like on battle net where 1 green is great and 5 red is bad it could go next to the players name in the player list =]

Psyker
05-06-2001, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by MoonAngel
psyker would be black 300% of the time.. well.. except when he had too much Pink Lemonade like yesterday ; )
:(:(:(
The colour thing sounds good, but what Silver said would be so true...