PDA

View Full Version : Recolours

Psyker
03-15-2001, 01:58 AM
hmm... I just thought of this.

lets say, for example, you're wearing head10.gif. but you want a red recolour, so you recolour it and send it in, but it gets rejected.

my idea is...

"sethead head10_red.gif"
"sethead head10_purple.gif"

for each head, there is a recoloured theme for each colour!

that's a lot of work to put on the graphics team, though...

Tyhm
03-15-2001, 02:20 AM
Wow....

That would be pretty cool!

I always thought it would be spiffy if you could apply like clothing colors to heads, but the implementation for that's ridiculous...
But yeah, stack the recolors....

The downside is the graphics team hates recolors for some reason...in any way, shape, or form...

SSmutz
03-15-2001, 03:00 AM
i think the only admin that accept the recolors is whoever the bomy admin is, cuz i keep seeing lots of new recolored bomys everyday (including some i made myself). but when i submit recolors of a head (that i made myself) to the graphics team, it gets rejected
when i made head875, i also sent in other just like it with different hair colo but only one of them got online (the one with blue hair)

Psyker
03-15-2001, 03:14 AM
hmm, seems like my idea's pretty good.
credit would be given to the original head, too.
(maybe call it the "base" head?)

grim_squeaker_x
03-15-2001, 07:05 PM
Something along that line I'm working on for a night/day system:

Alowing a settimefont fontname.png thing, but with one font you can say for example 255 timered, this will then get divided by 255 for conversion to Graal's system for RGB and you could then make custom colors for it (As long as your video card supports setcoloreffect).

FatherDante
03-16-2001, 06:56 AM
But wouldn't that make the whole graphic red?

grim_squeaker_x
03-16-2001, 07:48 PM
Well the effects of that are weird but it would make the graphic red and slightly transparent ^^, blah but you can use it for letters and stuff ^^