PDA

View Full Version : Graal Names

Funkee
01-16-2002, 02:57 PM
Hey there, I have seen a forum like this b4 but I am going to do it again lol.. Please explain how you got your graal names.

I got my name Funkee coz my brother had an acc called Chunkee and I thought having 'em similar would be cool, then I fell inlove with the name lol..

-Funkee

Qwert616
01-16-2002, 03:00 PM
I use Ian, because it's my name and I'm unoriginal...

Funkee
01-16-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Qwert616
I use Ian, because it's my name and I'm unoriginal...

I prefer to have my nickname what my account name is and I find accounts that have nothing todo with your nickname quite annoying, but if you say so

Qwert616
01-16-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Funkee

I prefer to have my nickname what my account name is and I find accounts that have nothing todo with your nickname quite annoying, but if you say so

Heh, I made this account a while ago.I couldn't think of anything to use.

Funkee
01-16-2002, 03:09 PM
oh ok :) thats ok then lol.. ;)

Rented_Human
01-16-2002, 03:16 PM
you can look up my name in the dictionary

Ultima_P2P
01-16-2002, 03:16 PM
i thought of my account name when i first downloaded a online game called questria (http://www.iquestria.com/) and it is based on FF8/9's card games Triple Triad and Tetra Master and since Ultima is "suposedly" the strongest magic in FF8 i used that. :)

Funkee
01-16-2002, 03:18 PM
cool :)

Hey Kraken just tell us please.. lol

Qwert616
01-16-2002, 03:20 PM
Main Entry: kra·ken
Pronunciation: 'krä-k&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Norwegian dialect
Date: 1755
: a fabulous Scandinavian sea monster

konidias
01-16-2002, 03:21 PM
A kraken is a sea monster. :D

Funkee
01-16-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Qwert616
Main Entry: kra·ken
Pronunciation: 'krä-k&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Norwegian dialect
Date: 1755
: a fabulous Scandinavian sea monster

Wow, thats extremely good reason for your name Kraken and thats other guy for posting that :)

konidias
01-16-2002, 03:22 PM
whoops you beat me =X

Qwert616
01-16-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by konidias
whoops you beat me =X

:)

I have to get some sleep tonight. Bye

AlkarenHyralt
01-16-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by konidias
A kraken is a sea monster. :D

More precisely a large mythological sea monster that is somewhat related to the octopus, and is the size of an island, and is sometimes mistaken as one…at least in mythology. :)

Anyway, I've used Alkaren Hyralt for so long, I've basicly forgotten the reason why, but it is based of of Alkaiser/Alkarl from SaGa Frontier, in some small way :).

Faheria_LAT1
01-16-2002, 03:40 PM
Like I said before, how I chose my nickname will remain a mistery to you forever and it has nothing to do with the mineral or the color.

Birdbird_0
01-16-2002, 04:30 PM
Well, about 3 years ago, in a far far away land called the msn gameing zone, (BEFORE IT WAS SO STUPID AND WHEN IT WAS BLUISH GREENISH WITH GAME LINKS AND NEWS NOT 12092109 AVRATIZEMENTS) I wanted to create and account, everything Stefan was taken, so since I just got my parrot than, I thought Bird would do, bird was taken, birdbird was as well, so I typed in birdbird, and it came up with about 50 birdbird combonations, adn Birdbird_0 was not there, but I saw BirdBuTT_() and such, so I tryed Birdbird_0 and viola, the mose uniquke name of zem all.

Kumada
01-16-2002, 04:36 PM
i used this name for warcraft , thx
and no its not japanese i think..
or chinese

Rented_Human
01-16-2002, 05:02 PM
ya my zodiac sign is cancer.. the crab quest starting to make sense?

edit: and my moon sign is scorpio (level 3 shield.. hint hint, on classic that is)

Zulithe
01-16-2002, 05:04 PM
Satan told me to use this nick.

It's true.

Birdbird_0
01-16-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Zulithe
Satan told me to use this nick.

It's true.

can I have a hug? really, I really need one, hug me, becuase I'm birdbird underscore zero.

Zulithe
01-16-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Birdbird_0

can I have a hug? really, I really need one, hug me, becuase I'm birdbird underscore zero. Okay, but if you become damned to hell for all eternity for doing so, don't blame me!

*hug*

Funkee
01-16-2002, 06:05 PM
Me: Zulithe tells the truth..
What your thinking: How the hell does he know?
Me: umm
What your thinking: lol he has know proof
Me: FINE OK I AM SATAN I TOLD HIM!

Kasuagi
01-16-2002, 06:24 PM
I got Kasuagi and Muroshi from... absolutely nowhere!

I was totolly original and came up with both of them, cause I like anime and stuff. my friend told me that theres a popular candy store in Japan though by the name of Kasugi

go figure

Kasuagi
01-16-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Birdbird_0
Well, about 3 years ago, in a far far away land called the msn gameing zone, (BEFORE IT WAS SO STUPID AND WHEN IT WAS BLUISH GREENISH WITH GAME LINKS AND NEWS NOT 12092109 AVRATIZEMENTS) I wanted to create and account, everything Stefan was taken, so since I just got my parrot than, I thought Bird would do, bird was taken, birdbird was as well, so I typed in birdbird, and it came up with about 50 birdbird combonations, adn Birdbird_0 was not there, but I saw BirdBuTT_() and such, so I tryed Birdbird_0 and viola, the mose uniquke name of zem all.

don't you just hate it when someone takes your sn/account when you find those new places? some bastard on r-g-n-r-k decided to use both of my nicks :(

Vyse_the_Blue_Rogue
01-16-2002, 07:42 PM
I got my name from Skies of Arcadia
but that's obvious :P

craig_bomy
01-16-2002, 08:06 PM
cds my initials, 96 69 backwards and next to each other

grim_squeaker_x
01-16-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt

More precisely a large mythological sea monster that is somewhat related to the octopus, and is the size of an island, and is sometimes mistaken as one…at least in mythology. :)I think the Kraken is also mentioned in the Bible somewhere, yet I'm probably wrong.

-
And my name is still just plain stolen from a book, just like my avatar.

Falcor
01-16-2002, 09:23 PM
Erm, people think I am the owner of Vagabonds Quest (www.netdragons.com/games/vq1 i think?) And like thats not the case. Acually, Its just a Brazillian name that sounds really cool so I took it. but then one day on an I Party chat. I named myself
!Nova and talked like him and stuff (high pitched). iSplash asked me what the ! was for. So I said cucumber and it just like stuck. So I put the ! in front of my name and got a theme song and everything And now I am Cucumber Falados or !Falados :)!

I was Falados Krayaith but that was really just for Valikorlia (Kharlia at the time), And I still use that name to Role Play :)

So like there is my name and stuff

PlazmaX
01-16-2002, 09:27 PM
Got my name Plazma from myself, well how about that

AlkarenHyralt
01-16-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by grim_squeaker_x
I think the Kraken is also mentioned in the Bible somewhere, yet I'm probably wrong.

It never says in the bible if it's a kraken or not. I've always gotten the impression it was something like a leviathan (sp).

Falcor
01-16-2002, 09:54 PM
Greek Myth. Human-like Lizard that towered above cities and devoured all in its path. Otherwise known as a Titan.

WHIPENIE4
01-16-2002, 10:14 PM
[screen_name says:]

well, i started graal about version 1.24 - 1.26, back when the website was white and it had the javascript counter or how many where on the site, (o the good ol days) and i signed up, played some, after a while i stopped playing for a long time, then i singed up for a new account, chastin (my real name), then my mom wouldn't let me play b/c some idiot was cursing and she seen it, anyways, when i came back, (i had deleted graal), i donwloaded again and couldn't remember my password, so i started to sign up for a new one, but i couldn't get chastin again, it was already taken (:P), anyways i started thinking, then i seen the words, screen name somewhere, i thought, hey thats a good idea, alas, screen_name wasn't taken!!!

so that is the saga of how screen_name came to be.

thank you, i'll be here all week

grim_squeaker_x
01-16-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt

It never says in the bible if it's a kraken or not. I've always gotten the impression it was something like a leviathan (sp). I always got the impression it was a kraken, oh well. At least there is some kind of mythological sea monster in the bible.

Shorty2Dope
01-16-2002, 11:25 PM
Insane Clown Posse > Shaggy2Dope * Short Person = Shorty2Dope

:D

vovavziggy
01-16-2002, 11:43 PM
I knew a guy called samziggy once, so I copied his name, and tried vovaziggy, but i mistyped it, and it turned out to be vovavziggy, and I've used that name ever since.

Psyker
01-16-2002, 11:55 PM
i forgot how i got my name.

it's not only my graal name, either.

Xythar
01-17-2002, 02:03 AM
I wanted Roland, but it was taken. :( So of course, the closest thing you can really get to Roland is Xythar.

jeff335
01-17-2002, 02:07 AM
I bet you cannot guess what my real name is.

*coughjeffcough*

joeycmoore
01-17-2002, 02:44 AM
i'm not content with having just one name.

this account = my friend *gasp* joey's.

Lesbian Circus - something I made up a couple years ago, I had this idea for a kid's cartoon where the people are half animals/half human (like in so many kids cartoons) and they were a circus act. Nothing sexual.

Hobo Karaoke - i'm going into the world of entrepeneurial duties, Hobo Karaoke just happens to be the name of the product.

Alf - People still call me this when I haven't used it in months. Oh well, tradition sticks.

freddyfox
01-17-2002, 02:47 AM
I was surfing around the heads (Back when they had only about 200.) and I found this head that looked like a rat. I took a minute and thought up "Vermain." The rest is pretty much history.

feivel
01-17-2002, 03:25 AM
The bible..
probly a Leviathan...
cant remember where its mentioned though...
anyway the faheria LAT dude..
whats his nickname????
his custom title is Seraphim warrior...
Seraphim is a hebrew term on the bible for angels...
a Seraph is an angel..
Seraphim the plural means angels...
anyway I got the name Dash cus i used to play Pokemon..
and i would be like making up stories in my had about people who's names ryhmed with Ash lol..
and i ddidnt want my name to be Slash..
cus alots of people had it..
so i made my name Dash..
and I have never seen anyone with that name...

Psyker
01-17-2002, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by feivel
The bible..
probly a Leviathan...
whats his nickname????
a Seraph is an angel..
and i would be like making up stories in my had about people who's names ryhmed with Ash lol..
so i made my name Dash..
and I have never seen anyone with that name... that's silverangel, my good french pal.

revalation
01-17-2002, 04:01 AM
dante called me kuromu once and it just stuck. ;p

Lord-Andrew
01-17-2002, 08:35 AM
I got my name because I saw lots of people with lord before their name and since my name is andrew... Lord Andrew

Providence_Admin3
01-17-2002, 08:40 AM
Marle is the lead female heroine of Chrono Trigger.

DuoX
01-17-2002, 08:41 AM
I got my name from Gundam Wing :( I got the name Shinigami because its the dark sider duo name. :\ Pretty Unoriginal.

JinZero
01-17-2002, 08:41 AM
Jin from Tekken :cool:

Nastazio
01-17-2002, 08:47 AM
Cory Nastazio is a pro BMXer. Maybe some of you've seen the comercial for Vans where the guy does the double-backflip? Well one day i was riding down at sheep hills ( a famouse biking spot in Huntington Beach) and he was there. I talked to him for a while, watched him bike. And a few days later, i downloaded graal and badda bing badda boom there is my name. I've also met up with "The Nasty One" at numerouse biking events and hung out with him.

Kagero
01-17-2002, 09:04 AM
I said "Kasuagi I need a good account name."
and he said "Use Kagero."
me: "ok"
me: "it's already taken..."
kas: "Oh yeah, I took it, stupid me."
me: "..."
Anyways, somehow, I ended up getting it from him.

Faheria_LAT1
01-17-2002, 09:06 AM

whats his nickname????
a Seraph is an angel..

My nickname is Silver, aka SilverAngel by some...
In French "Séraphin" is Seraph but I didnt know Seraphim was a plural word =P
So anyway... I still prefer using Seraphim Warrior in my title because Seraph Warrior just doesnt sound right..

Lionel-Jonson
01-17-2002, 09:10 AM
http://www.penny-arcade.com

YES I AM LAME!!!!!!!!!!! :( but hey! I invented Mint Squad!...Actually I got that from a guy on starcraft....:(((((((((( and I got Ishmael from Moby ****....ARARGH :*([email protected]

feivel
01-17-2002, 09:16 AM
Yup Seraphim is plural and is really a hebrew term from the bible meaning angels...

Darkspector
01-17-2002, 10:09 AM
Emrys Magia = Merlin Magic
Emrys = Early Merlin
Magia = Spanish for Magic
Emrys Magia = Cool
Other names i've had are
HyperMage *better than a Super
CoolTrainer *let you guess
Saturn14 *first online name forgot
Gandolf * like my Email i stll have
Darkspector *my acount **Dark ghost
Matthias *Redwall
Mattameo *Redwall
Gonff * redwall

Funkee
01-17-2002, 10:54 AM
heheheheheheheh :)

Vincent_TK
01-17-2002, 10:56 AM
I got my Graal name from my real life name, Vincent. Yay.

Sildae
01-17-2002, 07:46 PM
I got my name when thinking about a cool fantasy name for UO... it's Sildarin for "glowing shadow"; although that's quite paradox, I like it ;)

Grim Squeaker, your name and avatar are from Discworld, aren't they?

Council
01-17-2002, 08:43 PM
The bible..
probly a Leviathan...
whats his nickname????
a Seraph is an angel..
so i made my name Dash..
and I have never seen anyone with that name...

"Seraphim" does not mean "angel". Malachim (Ma-lah-heem) are angels. Seraphim (Sra-pheem) are creatures behond your imagination... they usually fly around God. Their body is like a fiery snake. They have six wings: Two to cover their legs, for they must not show them in front of God; Two for flight; And two cover their eyes, for even they cannot look at God. Their voice is said to be so powerfull, it can demolish mountains. Ishayia and some other prohpehts like Hazkaia were the only ones who actually saw them. These prophets, in their dreams arrived in a great hall room, with God sitting on a huge golden chair and with the Seraphim flying around him. Seraphim is plural, Seraph is single form.. I guess they would have been named "Burnings" or something in English...
Lol, Seraphim aren't even humanoid...
I'm from Israel so I'm supposed to know this :cool:

The name I use (Atlantis)... I chose it because I like the myth of Atlantis. x.x;

grim_squeaker_x
01-17-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Sildae
Grim Squeaker, your name and avatar are from Discworld, aren't they? Indeed.

evilive
01-17-2002, 10:52 PM
(This was taken from an earlier post.... a long time ago... by me... just to explain)

Well now, there's quite a bit of things to clear up here....

1. The name Gonmon Kitatchi is pronounced Gun-min Kit-ought-chi. Not Gone Mon, not Goon mun. Gun-Min is how it's pronounced.

2. The account name was not my idea. It's actually some other guy's... he was Infamous Freak's friend, I know that.. Any ways, I lost account due to a hack (Me being hacked, not the other way around), plus it was Mafukie that banned my account, so I'm none to happy that he never revived the original Gonmon account... Any ways, I had lost that password so I asked IF's friend for some help and he let me use his account and then he let me have it forever since he was quitting Graal. There's that.

3. The Name Gonmon was taken from my friend's character's name, Gonhai. Gon is pronounced Gun, like mine, and the hai is pronounced how it's spelled (And like the Japanese term for 'yes').
How the entier thing came to be was because my friend had larengitous (Spelling?) and so he and his other friend from Florida came up with it....
Gonmon came around when me the same guy were playing a game we created (Japanese Soccer; A ball game played in a wide hallway where the objective is to hit a ball in any way shape or form into the opponant's wall.....). Any ways, he was using a guy named Gonhai Kitatchi, so I came up with his counter part and brother, Gonmon Kitatchi. The entier thing stuck and went on for another few years. We created an entier story and such and I'm still working on the novel...

Well, there ya have it folks!

SabreKnot
01-18-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by evilive

2. The account name was not my idea. It's actually some other guy's... he was Infamous Freak's friend, I know that.. Any ways, I lost account due to a hack (Me being hacked, not the other way around), plus it was Mafukie that banned my account, so I'm none to happy that he never revived the original Gonmon account... Any ways, I had lost that password so I asked IF's friend for some help and he let me use his account and then he let me have it forever since he was quitting Graal. There's that.

Evilive is the name of a Misfits cd (a live version). O.o

My Account
Sabreknot - I had SlipLocke as account, but when I upgraded to p2p I couldnt remember what the password was or the email i used to create it, about this time I was Sabre/oOo Anti oOo on Rudora and since I had used a part of Slipknot in my last account name, I used it again and the Sabre fit better than AntiKnot or SlipAnti :).

My Names
SlipLocke - I use to go by Locke on Sidra/Npulse, then it was about the time I started listening to Slipknot, so I guess it just rhymed, Idont use it much anymore but I will always have it :p

Catacyst - Catacyst is the name of mah friend's Misfits cover band :). I often joke with people that I shoulda named my band this because they dont know its already being used :)

Subcatacyst - People recognize me as catacyst, so when I needed a name change, i Just combined it with my aol screen name (which is named after the subhumans) and got subcatacyst :)

Solareon
01-18-2002, 02:54 AM
I named my self after my favorite operating system. Solaris =)

feivel
01-18-2002, 04:28 AM
I know Melachim are anglels k?
but Seraphim are also angel thignies k?
Im jewish k?
anyway and melachim are thought to have one leg..
and like three heads/faces wierd huh?

haunter
01-18-2002, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Rented_Human
you can look up my name in the dictionary

A Kraken is a mythalogocial sea-monster... It kinda reminds me of a big slimey blue monkey... And I didn't look in dictornay... (Ps foo... I didn't read the whole forum so ;P)

mrkriton
01-18-2002, 05:04 AM
My name Kriton i picked out randomly. It really has no meaning until i found out that Chriton from Farscape sounds the exact same thing as my name. I was in a AOL chatroom and some guy IMs me up saying im discrasing the name and i had no idea what hes talking about until he showed me the website. But I picked this name before seeing the show Farscape

fenderbender2965
01-18-2002, 07:10 AM
when i was really a newbie (like didnt know anything) I was dart. then i formed the family §trife then i was Dart_§trife. Then i changed my name to §ephiroth_§trife because back then not many people used it. then a few months ago i became ¤†Holy Swordsman†¤ because i thought seph strife was too unoriginal. k thanks.

DarkPyro_2001
01-18-2002, 08:52 AM
I've used the name 'Ken Takino' since long before Graal was created (if any of you can think back that far).. I think when I was 7 or 8.. which would be probably 4 or 5 years ago. My accountname even has the space in it. :D

mrkriton
01-18-2002, 09:04 AM
I had mind also before graal.
hey!! we have the same quote signiture pic

sac
01-18-2002, 09:36 AM
SAC IS A PORK PRODUCT I GOT IT FROM THEM K

01-18-2002, 10:27 AM
Jesus
Josis
Kosis
Sisok
;)

Council
01-18-2002, 06:23 PM
I know Melachim are anglels k?
but Seraphim are also angel thignies k?
Im jewish k?
anyway and melachim are thought to have one leg..
and like three heads/faces wierd huh?

K, k, and k. I'm Jewish too! :D

One leg? Are you sure? I thought Malachim were humanoid...

Yup, that's weird.

And watch out how you pronounce their names: Melachim (Mel-ah-heem) are kings, Malachim (Mal-ah-heem) are angels.

Yes, I am a jerk. :cool:

enishi-2001
01-18-2002, 06:39 PM
I got Enishi From the Villan character in the anime and manga series Rurouni Kenshin and then i wanted to have a different last name so i translated youshin and thats how i got Enishi Youshin

jeff335
01-18-2002, 09:39 PM
"Kriton" sounds just like "cretin" :D

Kasuagi
01-18-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by mrkriton
I had mind also before graal.
hey!! we have the same quote signiture pic

same here, I've used my alias for the longest time