PDA

View Full Version : Tile blocking

Oladahn
01-14-2002, 04:47 PM
Does anyone know if there's any way to edit tile blocking? And I mean any way at all, even NPC server stuff, or are we still limited to editing over the old set and using the current blocking?

If there's a way please explain here. Thanks.

Infamy
01-14-2002, 05:24 PM
Yes please inform me because i r an newbie.

konidias
01-14-2002, 08:06 PM
Um there is a way currently but I don't know how its done.. (addtiledef using 1 instead of 0 at end or something?)

I asked stefan and he said its complicated.. but I think a better explanation and more options for custom tiles will be coming in the next version or update or whatever to graal.. and stefan told me its on its way. :)

Slaktmaster
01-14-2002, 08:37 PM
Rescript the whole movement system and stort the tiles in a few small arrays. ;)

yoshee15
01-15-2002, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by konidias
Um there is a way currently but I don't know how its done.. (addtiledef using 1 instead of 0 at end or something?)

I asked stefan and he said its complicated.. but I think a better explanation and more options for custom tiles will be coming in the next version or update or whatever to graal.. and stefan told me its on its way. :)
very very good!

Faheria_LAT1
01-15-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by konidias

y0

Oladahn
01-15-2002, 02:47 PM
Now that is an incredibly good example, thank you very much. I just wish I understood how you made each color a different tile style. Do you happen to have a txt file explaining it or anything?

PS. like the new comic in your sig man. ;)

Faheria_LAT1
01-15-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Oladahn
Now that is an incredibly good example, thank you very much. I just wish I understood how you made each color a different tile style. Do you happen to have a txt file explaining it or anything?

PS. like the new comic in your sig man. ;)

>_< posted the wrong zip file.. Bhala posted this a few months ago in the npcs forums. i think this is the right zip. but as bhala said, he was unable to identify all of the tiles so youll have to figure out and test :p ...... cant find the zip.. bah lemme check.. on the forum.. damn it.. -_-'

Faheria_LAT1
01-15-2002, 04:14 PM
found ;D

(overwrite your other zip)

Oladahn
01-15-2002, 04:31 PM
Ok, that list is good, but I still don't really understand how to apply this to my own custom tileset. Ok, take this for example. I make my whole tileset. I put the stuff in in no particular order, I just keep all the tiles to an object together and cram everything in as tight as possible. How do i specify whick tiles do what? say I wanted to make, just for arguments sake, tile 5,22 blocking and tile 5,23 a jumping stone block. How would that work? Or is this the same as the original set, where I just fill in the colors with my tiles that are the same blocking type and hope there's enough space allocated for them all?

Oladahn
01-15-2002, 04:51 PM
hmm... the stuff at the bottom like the sign and bush and whatnot aren't in the right spots, i just hit the sign with the sword and it exploded, hehe. Guess this will take a little testing.

konidias
01-16-2002, 06:24 AM
What is the point in doing it the hard way when there will be an easier way some time this month? Plus you can't have tiles overlap the player.. and also.. is it just me, or do the animated tiles not work right? (I lay down 5 or 6 animated tiles and only one animates)

konidias
01-16-2002, 06:34 AM
Oh.. and there is no purple color on the pics image but there is purple on the chart.. oh and the black square above the "near water, near lava" tiles is SUPPOSED to be overlapping tiles.. but they are disabled or something because stefan is a meany. :p

Oladahn
01-16-2002, 11:59 AM
So the editor with blocking settings is coming out this month Koni? Thats good to know. And speaking of doing it that hard way, I've been editing over the old tileset checking the blocking of each square one by one, talk about doing it the hard way :( But I wanted to test out my tiles.