PDA

View Full Version : let me be just say..

Warcaptain
01-09-2002, 03:07 AM
let me say.. the new level editor bites butt..

removing scroll bar is HORRIBLE, and the fact that it was made using the picso, makes it worse, when it makes a new level it uses the 2k2 grass as def tiles, which is thick grass for those who dont want to use picso.
and then when it makes that new level, it saves it to the HD, as new#.nw, which stinks alot. and you cant even play the levels that it makes, the new#.nw, for some reason, i havent looked into it to find out.

i know its a preview, but plz release a version that those who DONT work on 2k2 can use well.

because, and i mean this with all due respect to stefan and unixmad, some of us would like to make levels.

please stefan or unixmad read this, id like it to be fixed.

OutlawP2P
01-09-2002, 05:40 AM
just uninstall the g2k2 preview and move the graal to a new folder, then reinstall so you have both graals and can make levels with one and play g2k2 with the other, i guess. I dont play g2k2 so i just use the old one

thomasward
01-09-2002, 06:36 AM
I completely agree with Warcaptain, I very much dislike the new editor, how it puts the long grass as a default tile. Also I have had like 4 or so levels I have made that have been completely wiped using the new editor. I don't know how but it really pissed me off :grrr: I also agree with the scroll bar bit, it was so much easier to move round with that. Well thats all I gotta say, bye.

yoshee15
01-09-2002, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by Warcaptain

removing scroll bar is HORRIBLE, and the fact that it was made using the picso, makes it worse, when it makes a new level it uses the 2k2 grass as def tiles, which is thick grass for those who dont want to use picso.
and then when it makes that new level, it saves it to the HD, as new#.nw, which stinks alot. and you cant even play the levels that it makes, the new#.nw, for some reason, i havent looked into it to find out.

i know its a preview, but plz release a version that those who DONT work on 2k2 can use well.

because, and i mean this with all due respect to stefan and unixmad, some of us would like to make levels.

actually it's not that much worse without a scrollbar....plus you can eidt multiple levels at once, making tiling between two levels so much easier. its not any different at all for making levels, i dont see what your problem is

Neglegence2002
01-09-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Warcaptain

yah it does..:(

Slaktmaster
01-09-2002, 02:42 PM
If I don't add ALL THE DAMN BUGS CAUSING YOU TO LOSE NEW PARTS OF YOUR SCRIPT OR TILING ON LEVELS into consideration I like it a lot. It's a lot better than the old one and the little guy you move around is cute. :D!

Ultima_P2P
01-09-2002, 03:04 PM
When i first saw it i hated it, but now i like it because of the editing between levels feture

great for making trees and houses

Warcaptain
01-10-2002, 03:50 AM
they still coulda added the scroll bar, and made it so if you moved the bar the guy centered.
and if you went into another level the bar would reset to the new coord

mastervampire
01-11-2002, 12:03 PM
I posted a copy of the old editor in the new features forum in a post called new/ old editor or something like that. Any of you besides WC (who I already sent it to that want it to;) ) that would like it can go there and get it.