PDA

View Full Version : Graal2002 Level Editor / Generator


JubeiSaotomeX
01-03-2002, 09:27 AM
Will the Graal2002 Level Editor / Generator be released any time soon? i'd love to practice making levels with it

AlexH
01-03-2002, 09:29 AM
well ive been givin 3 answers to that question by 3 staff

1 - you need a new exe which will be released probally when g2k2 is offically relesed

2 - i can already make them. i dun think he understood me :(

and Krakken said i can make them when im bigga

haunter
01-03-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by JubeiSaotomeX
Will the Graal2002 Level Editor / Generator be released any time soon? i'd love to practice making levels with it

you can make them now, I think... Look in the tile defs folder, they're just new tiles...

AlexH
01-03-2002, 09:33 AM
yea but how did they do all those hills
i really like them

Faheria_LAT1
01-03-2002, 09:36 AM
The Level Editor for Graal 2002 is for Staff Only and uses gmaps.

Dlaiyre
01-03-2002, 12:35 PM
If thats true how do they find staff when the need arises?
just go like "ok billy your hired you gave me head"
And how do people make playerhouses?

yoshee15
01-03-2002, 02:24 PM
no, i dunno if it will be released for public.....maybe when it is officially released. the version now doesnt even have the 3d terrain feature, nor many others. although it does include being able to edit 4 levels at once...making tiling between multiple levels MUCH easier!

Faheria_LAT1
01-03-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Dlaiyre
If thats true how do they find staff when the need arises?
just go like "ok billy your hired you gave me head"
And how do people make playerhouses?

They hire people that are good with the first version's editor (graal 2001). As for playerhouses, who knows.. we'll have to wait for the Graal 2002 release =\

btedji
01-03-2002, 08:24 PM
what the heck are gmaps i see the extension on the allowed attachments but what exactly are they?

grim_squeaker_x
01-03-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by btedji
what the heck are gmaps i see the extension on the allowed attachments but what exactly are they? I think those are the things that define the heights of the terrain etc.
And they're probably only on the attachments so that Graal2002 (and probably NewWorld) staff can share them between each other.

Slaktmaster
01-03-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by yoshee15
no, i dunno if it will be released for public.....maybe when it is officially released. the version now doesnt even have the 3d terrain feature, nor many others. although it does include being able to edit 4 levels at once...making tiling between multiple levels MUCH easier!
You can alrad edit multiple maps with the new editor = <3

VyralP2P
01-04-2002, 06:28 PM
I hate to have a guy walking in f4 when I'm making levels can you get him outta there?and I don't really undertstand how it works :-|

Loriel
01-04-2002, 10:14 PM
We use the standard exe you also have (at least I do, probably all the other staff is laughing at me for doing so), but there is another program that even most of us don't have (or probably only I don't, and they are still laughing) to edit/create gmaps.

nyghtGT
01-04-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by AlexH
yea but how did they do all those hills
i really like them
on the editor for it (Graal2002) there are elevation points where you can raise the ground and stuff ...

Echos
01-05-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Loriel
We use the standard exe you also have (at least I do, probably all the other staff is laughing at me for doing so), but there is another program that even most of us don't have (or probably only I don't, and they are still laughing) to edit/create gmaps.

Why is there not a level editor released to the public? If you say because it doesn't matter because anybody who is good with levels works for g2k2, I laugh at you, you think that just anybody who has the choice would give their time for free? Please, release a level editor, make the people, as well as myself, happy.

Bhala
01-05-2002, 11:30 AM
You need the gmap editor to make the 3d stuff... but its not avable to the public yet

Psyker
01-05-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Bhala
You need the gmap editor to make the 3d stuff... but its not avable to the public yet
Keyword : yet

:)

Cyber-X
01-08-2002, 08:42 AM
But it will take long to the Graal2002 Level Editor comes on...
Because I think that Stefan dont want someone trying to make a server like Graal2002... cause G2k2 will be p2p... and giving the Level Editor to the public, anyone will can create a similar PW and no one will buy p2p accounts anymore...

grim_squeaker_x
01-08-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Cyber-X
But it will take long to the Graal2002 Level Editor comes on...
Because I think that Stefan dont want someone trying to make a server like Graal2002... cause G2k2 will be p2p... and giving the Level Editor to the public, anyone will can create a similar PW and no one will buy p2p accounts anymore... Ever thought of the fact that he could perhaps make the 3d terrain work only on servers with a NPC Server?

toad1413
01-08-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by grim_squeaker_x
Ever thought of the fact that he could perhaps make the 3d terrain work only on servers with a NPC Server?

Owned. :)