PDA

View Full Version : Considering the administrative power of players...

Pago
04-30-2001, 04:54 AM
Hellloooooo Everyone...

I decided to try out that new Zormite fishing place while playing Graal, since I was right next to the diving area, and I heard it was a good place to fish. Anyway, when I finally got to the fishing area, this member of the PW Projects Team was already fishing. Trying to get myself into a good position, I shuffled over behind him. Trunks (that guy's name) reeled his line in, then picked up a bush and threw it right at me. In retaliation, I gave him a whack with my sword. Immediately, Trunks asks me why I hit him via PMs, and when I answer him, poof! bang! pow! I find myself in jail.

Eventually, after an almost monotonous amount of accusations and denials, Trunks let me out. But what could he have been doing that was soooo important, he had to jail everyone who hit him once with a sword? Ok, he was fishing. Fishing isn't an administrative task, it's something players do to get money. If he were working on a playerworld, I wouldn't see a need to throw a bush at poor Pago. But Trunks wasn't working on a playerworld...

...so there's no reason to jail anyone, right? Noooo, if someone hit me while I was fishing, I'd just hit him back. But if a super duper PW Admin is fishing and decides to throw a bush at me, I can't hit him back because it's a seemingly automatic jail sentence.

The way I see it, these players are being handed admin tags and the power to do the same things they could do as players, but with jailing everyone who hits them as an added bonus. If they come on Graal with an administrative tag, they're expected to do one thing, and one thing only: Carry out their duties as admin. If Trunks decided to come onto Graal with a PW Admin tag, he'd better be working on a PW, or at least doing work having to do with PW Projects.

And finally, my solution:

1) The highest authority of these admins should fire everyone who fails to perform their expected duties as administrator. If they come on Graal with an administrative tag, they shouldn't be fishing, or mining, or chatting... they should be doing their job. If they expect to play Graal, the tag should stay at home.

2) Admins shouldn't be able to play the game. PW Admins do work associated with Player Worlds, and that can be done without planting a foot on G2k1 soil.

Events Team members can host events, but that doesn't involve completing quests or gaining money. In fact, the Events Team is becoming more and more obselete every time a new event house is uploaded. Graal should have no problem without them.

3) As for the Police, if the reason for jailing is going to be as petty as simply hitting a police member (which it usually is), then the police are simply not needed. If a player is truly feeling abused by another player, he should be able to complain to an admin, and the matter should be solved privately.

Feel free to comment on this post. It was rather long, but I hope it will open new eyes on this issue.

fugitive316
04-30-2001, 05:05 AM
Jailing you was very unneccacary, and should not have happend.

In the right hands, the (Police) position can be very helpfull and honest.

Lion'el-Jonson
04-30-2001, 05:11 AM
And he attacked you first!

fugitive316
04-30-2001, 05:15 AM
The best thing to do is just take screenshots like a madman. You might catch someone in the wrong, and could send it right to stefan.

Lion'el-Jonson
04-30-2001, 05:25 AM
I don't see why PW Projects Team needs: A) a tag B) the guild up in the staff portion of the playerlist.

fugitive316
04-30-2001, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Lion'el-Jonson
I don't see why PW Projects Team needs: A) a tag B) the guild up in the staff portion of the playerlist.

I would have to agree on that one.

Rekad
04-30-2001, 07:23 AM
I think the reason that admins get special tags is, that since they are supposed to take on more responcibility, they should get more respect, but some of the admins abuse that power and that why not much gets done that should be done on graal, such as the point on the PW admins

Lion'el-Jonson
04-30-2001, 07:37 AM
But why do PW Projects need tags? Working on PWs doesn't require walking around graal2001 jailing innocents.

fugitive316
04-30-2001, 07:39 AM
But why do PW Projects need tags? Working on PWs doesn't require walking around graal2001 jailing innocents.

They don't need any special powers.

KJS
04-30-2001, 08:05 AM

they dont work on pw's they help out on things and review pw's. They also look for new pw's.
they dont work on pw's they just help out and review and look over them.

Lion'el-Jonson
04-30-2001, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by KJS

they dont work on pw's they help out on things and review pw's. They also look for new pw's.
they dont work on pw's they just help out and review and look over them.

Ok.....but why do they need a tag?

KJS
04-30-2001, 08:31 AM
it is so when they sign on a pw they can do there job and get the info and get what they need to get and do what they need to do...

Fai
04-30-2001, 09:50 AM
Wth

Lion'el-Jonson
04-30-2001, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Fai
Wth

fugitive316
04-30-2001, 10:40 AM
Having more power than you need, usually leads to abuse.

(usually, not all the time)

TylerS36
04-30-2001, 03:33 PM

yes.

sniperjoe10
05-01-2001, 03:04 AM

Rekad
05-01-2001, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by fugitive316
abuse all the time

yeah, they do abuse their powers alot

Rekad
05-01-2001, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by fugitive316
Having more power than you need, usually leads to abuse.

(usually, not all the time) yeah, but admins are kids too, thats why we need all the work to be done by people of at least 18 years old of age, (cept police, they dont need much responsibility, they do their job fine)

Psyker
05-03-2001, 03:26 AM
I don't see why hiring anybody named Trunks is a smart thing to do.

It's like hiring somebody called "SSJ 574308678349678349".

Rekad
05-03-2001, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by SSJ level 4 Trunks69
"I would Kame Kame any of you guys then finish you off with a final flash! ". lol!