PDA

View Full Version : Tile Testing...

Oxy-Moron
12-30-2001, 05:43 AM
Rawr... I'm a major noob to level making, but I've been dabbling here and there trying to improve my skills for a few days now. Threw together a small level for some NPCs I was working on, and ended up attempting to put detail into the level... so far all I've focused on is water tiling, but I wanted to find out what others thought of my early progress on it...

Any input will be rewarded with cake... O.o

Oxy-Moron
12-30-2001, 05:44 AM
Swear to god I attached the file the first time x.x

::curses::

Shard_IceFire
12-30-2001, 05:50 AM
Ok just 2 things to complain about in your level:
1.The cave looks too manmade and square...try varying the positions of the cave walls.
2.(This is just me but) the marble floor looks really bad...

Oxy-Moron
12-30-2001, 05:52 AM
Eep, I should have made myself more clear... the rest of the level was thrown together in one minute, I was just asking about the water tiling itself, since that's what I spent the time on. I know the cave itself is horrid x.x

JustDallandra
12-30-2001, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Oxy-*****
Eep, I should have made myself more clear... the rest of the level was thrown together in one minute, I was just asking about the water tiling itself, since that's what I spent the time on. I know the cave itself is horrid x.x

Well, the water looks nice :)

Oxy-Moron
12-30-2001, 06:04 AM
I've been reading the level editting board far before I actually registered, so I knew what to try to avoid; namely "squares" and mismanaged tiles. With that in mind, I'll put some more work together soon -_- For now...

::gives promised cake::

yoshee15
12-30-2001, 06:31 AM
its very 'beginner' try making everything not so straight, yes the water too!

Oxy-Moron
12-30-2001, 06:34 AM
Trust me, when I actually focus on creating a real level, it won't be "straight". I'm having a lot of trouble though with trying to get the "puddle" tiles to look less cornered though. I've tinkered with them for a while and I still can't get it right.

Slaktmaster
12-30-2001, 06:35 AM
The water tiling is good. Keep it up.

Welcome to the forums. ;)

DarkPyro_2001
12-31-2001, 12:53 AM
The water tiling looks great; it's just that everything else in there needs to be worked on.