PDA

View Full Version : Sparring arena. Not big on tiles, but...

GrowlZP2P
12-30-2001, 05:22 AM
... mind telling me what you think of the layout? I made this a while back and updated it recently.

Shard_IceFire
12-30-2001, 05:55 AM
Ok no offense and please don't chew me out. The following is just constructive criticism:
This is a common case of NLMS (n00b level making syndrome).
You make the level HUMONGOUS when there is no reason for it to be...I remember when I first started level making and I would make the inside of a 8x8 tile building have an inside of 64x64 tiles...
Anyway it also needs better design in general..the layout seems kind of confusing.
If you are new to level making I'd give it a 7/10, but if you're not I'd give it a 2/10.

Oxy-Moron
12-30-2001, 06:01 AM
Well, I spar a lot so the first thing I have to say is the actual fighting ring is FAR too large... Secondly, all the hallways just outside of the ring are too confining if you actually want people to watch the fights, and for that matter, are a bit annoying to navigate through in the first place. Obviously you haven't tried to tile the level yet, so I won't comment on that. In other words, reverse what you have now.

Decrease the fighting ring's size, and keep it simple, and add more detail and a bit more freespace (less railing) to the rest of the level. Shrink the entire thing down though.

{words of a good critic, but a bad level maker}

Torankusu
12-30-2001, 07:08 AM
What about this? I haven't worked on it in a month or so...

Kagero
12-30-2001, 07:15 AM
What is with everyone's obsession with spar rooms this week? :)

Slaktmaster
12-30-2001, 07:28 AM
Posting spar rooms makes you cool.

yoshee15
12-30-2001, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
What about this? I haven't worked on it in a month or so...
looks pretty nice :)

yoshee15
12-30-2001, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Slaktmaster
Posting spar rooms makes you cool.
YOUR NOT COOL YOU HAVNT POSTED ONE

GrowlZP2P
12-30-2001, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Shard_IceFire
Ok no offense and please don't chew me out. The following is just constructive criticism:
This is a common case of NLMS (n00b level making syndrome).
You make the level HUMONGOUS when there is no reason for it to be...I remember when I first started level making and I would make the inside of a 8x8 tile building have an inside of 64x64 tiles...
Anyway it also needs better design in general..the layout seems kind of confusing.
If you are new to level making I'd give it a 7/10, but if you're not I'd give it a 2/10.

I don't plan on chewing you out and I appreciate your comments. :D I made this level about September (and joined Graal in August :p), saw it recently and thought I could maybe do something with it, so I added that fire/lightning control script and the healer (works for players with any AP, btw). Maybe I'll go back to making them like a big box with carpet like I did when I was a complete n00b... *sigh*