PDA

View Full Version : *scratches head* Problem with mah new world.

GrowlZP2P
12-28-2001, 11:53 PM
I'm making a bunch of levels which are probably gonna get uploaded to Sanstrata, but I have a little problem. You know the map files that string the levels together? Well I'm a good scripter and a below-average LAT (i.e. I suck at it) but I really haven't a clue when it comes to map files. Can someone tell me how to make levels that are joined together up and down? I know how to join levels next to each other ("levelontheleft.nw","levelinthemiddle.nw","levelontheright.nw") but how do I join, say, topofthemountain.nw, middleofthemountain.nw and bottomofthemountain.nw together? Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

grim_squeaker_x
12-29-2001, 12:28 AM
"","TopOfTheMountain.nw",""
"LeftPartOfTheMountain.nw","CenterOfTheMountain.nw","RightPartOfTheMountain.nw"
"","BottomOfTheMountain.nw",""

yoshee15
12-29-2001, 01:07 AM
exactly what grim squeaker x said, just put the ones you want on bottom underneath in the txt etc.

GrowlZP2P
12-29-2001, 01:31 AM
Thanks... but it still didn't work. Eh, I suck at this whole levels thing. I can't exactly think how to put this in words, so I made a nice graphic to show you how my town's linked together so far. (Ten seconds in Paint.)

http://www.growlzdownloads.f2s.com/diag.gif

Sorry about this, I try to do most of my stuff myself. If you help me I will give you credit.

WoRlaNN2k
12-29-2001, 01:49 AM
according to your little picture that you made, the map should look like this:

"","","statonplateautop2.graal","statonplateautop1.graal",""
"","","","statonplateau2.graal",""
"","","","statonplateau1.graal",""
"staton4.graal","staton2.graal","staton1.graal","staton3.graal","statonpark.graal"
"","","tothetown.graal","",""

Dont forget that the levels have to be linked together (ie. The bottom of statonplateutop1.graal should have a link to the top of statonplateu2.graal.

Hope this helps.

GrowlZP2P
12-29-2001, 03:00 AM
Thanks, that map works, but some levels are glitched into each other... Wuh, probably copied it wrong. Help much appreciated, people.