PDA

View Full Version : Bomy riders!

Rekad
04-28-2001, 11:32 PM
I think it would be great if you could use the bomys as a towboat, like use the rope to tie it to the bomy and they can control wer you go, but there will be like different things the human can do, like pull up on the rope to slow the bomy down and make the bomy more manuverable, or go farther down on the rope to make the bomy faster but it would have to make wider turns.

and if you can find 2 bomys, you would be able to have them both pull you, so they can go faster and easier to pull you. if anyone like this general idea and but doesnt like some of the details, just reply to this and tell me what is gonna be something better

WhoopA
05-02-2001, 10:55 AM
Um, have you seen how small those things are? I doubt that two bomies would have the strength to pull a human, let alone only one. The only foreseeable way is having them tow in a river, and even then it's slow pickings.

Tyhm
05-02-2001, 12:14 PM
Nah, weight in water is drastically reduced. A sea tortoise really can haul a raft (Swiss Family Robinson), so a Bomy should have no trouble pulling a canoe...hell, a goldfish could pull a canoe, just very slowly...

CrazedMerlin
05-02-2001, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Nah, weight in water is drastically reduced. A sea tortoise really can haul a raft (Swiss Family Robinson), so a Bomy should have no trouble pulling a canoe...hell, a goldfish could pull a canoe, just very slowly...
rotl

IceHawk
05-02-2001, 02:13 PM
When my parents had a 23-foot boat, I could push it when I was in the water.

Psyker
05-03-2001, 03:20 AM
Some bomies could be stonger than others... add maybe a simple script like this:

strength = 0;

And replace 0 with the number of strength, maybe 10 being the strongest...

Rekad
05-03-2001, 05:59 AM
yeah, plus, if a bomy could kick people and hurt them they could damn well pull a boat.

WhoopA
05-03-2001, 08:16 AM
I said it would be possible on water, just not on land. Plus, personality figures in to it. Most bomies are intelligent and I don't think that they'd appreciate being treated as pack animals.

So sue me for being an "equal rights to bomies" activist.

ReBBisH
05-03-2001, 08:42 AM
oo like bomy/owner races..they pull you but you control them and you move fast ;)

Rekad
05-03-2001, 10:11 AM
yeah, but it wouldnt be completely bomy owners, cuz most of em dont need money. if they wanted to be in the race, they would have to give commands like "careful" "faster" and those kind of commands, and if they wanted to, the could do things like U-up D-down R-right L-left

Rekad
05-08-2001, 04:22 AM
and if its your bomy, you can make it do ANYTHING....

Psyker
05-08-2001, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Rekad
yeah, but it wouldnt be completely bomy owners, cuz most of em dont need money. if they wanted to be in the race, they would have to give commands like "careful" "faster" and those kind of commands, and if they wanted to, the could do things like U-up D-down R-right L-left
That sounds awesome!