PDA

View Full Version : Why was deltaria taken down?

aires_graal
12-12-2001, 10:05 AM
Just wounder........ anyone know the real reason?

Brad_Elven
12-12-2001, 10:24 AM
it sucked?

aires_graal
12-12-2001, 11:03 AM
i dont know, i liked it, but some kid is telling me that stefan told them that ice pick hacked a bunch of peoples accounts and told them if they played, he would kill them....... this sounds like bs huh, oh well, whatever

r_u_f_u_s
12-12-2001, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Brad_Elven
it sucked?

Not nearly as much as your sig sucks....

I'll break it down for you quickly :

Ice Pick always has supported hackers, unjailing them and what not; and to top it off he gave Pie a RC. Stefan supposedly fired Ice because of this and shut down Delteria until he could get a new owner... That's about it, SP Agent and I have been trying to contact Stefan for over a week now about making a new owner official and putting it back up, but we have gotten no response, I assume he is too busy working on Graal2002.....

If you are reading this Stefan, please answer my/our emails concerning this... it won't take long to pick a new owner and get Delteria back up, we just need you to make it official and put us back up then we can take care of the rest. SP and I have already started working on new things and stuff to improve for Delteria, so hopefully you will respond and get this whole thing straightened out soon :)

Faheria_LAT1
12-12-2001, 11:12 AM
Let it die.

r_u_f_u_s
12-12-2001, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Faheria_LAT1
Let it die.

Why should we do that? Delteria will improve drastically once Ice Pick is gone, since he is the whole reason our playerworld had a bad reputation to begin with. When SP and I are done fixing it up, it will be the number one free server again (behind classic... classic always wins!!!!)

Faheria_LAT1
12-12-2001, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by r_u_f_u_s

Why should we do that? Delteria will improve drastically once Ice Pick is gone, since he is the whole reason our playerworld had a bad reputation to begin with. When SP and I are done fixing it up, it will be the number one free server again (behind classic... classic always wins!!!!)

It had way too much time to get fixed and it took you guys all this time to realize that you could get Ice Pick fired easily.

Most of us remember Stefan's post which said this: "You have 24 hours to remove all copyrighted images and illegal stuff" (not the exact words but thats the amount of time) and what do you know, it took more then 3 months to shut it down! :rolleyes:

r_u_f_u_s
12-12-2001, 11:18 AM

It had way too much time to get fixed and it took you guys all this time to realize that you could get Ice Pick fired easily.

Most of us remember Stefan's post which said this: "You have 24 hours to remove all copyrighted images and illegal stuff" (not the exact words but thats the amount of time) and what do you know, it took more then 3 months to shut it down! :rolleyes:

Blah... Blah.. Blah...?
::wonders if you know what you are talking about::

There is no copyrighted images and "illegal stuff" on our server anymore... And Delteria was not shut down because of "illegal stuff", it was shut down because Ice Pick was doing a bad job and supported hackers, and gave pie a RC.

Faheria_LAT1
12-12-2001, 11:21 AM

Blah... Blah.. Blah...?
::wonders if you know what you are talking about::

There is no copyrighted images and "illegal stuff" on our server anymore... And Delteria was not shut down because of "illegal stuff", it was shut down because Ice Pick was doing a bad job and supported hackers, and gave pie a RC.

Hello *****, I know what I'm talking about, Stefan did say that back in June. And we were very disappointed when Stefan didnt shut it down.

r_u_f_u_s
12-12-2001, 11:24 AM

Hello *****, I know what I'm talking about, Stefan did say that back in June. And we were very disappointed when Stefan didnt shut it down.

Things have changed since June, grow up bud, go worry about Faheria... which is still under construction? Maybe you guys should worry about your server and fix it up before you mock ours.

The one thing you need to comprehend before this gets into a pointless argument, is that Ice Pick was the reason that Delteria had bad things on it, and now that Ice Pick is gone, we are going to change it around and improve it tremendously. Back in June, Ice Pick was still the owner... now he isn't, see the difference? With him gone there are numerous opportunities to fix it up completely, not just add random things and pretend it's better.

Faheria_GP2
12-12-2001, 11:58 AM
Why was delteria taken down?

why wasn't it taken down sooner?

Faheria_LAT1
12-12-2001, 12:01 PM

Things have changed since June, grow up bud, go worry about Faheria... which is still under construction? Maybe you guys should worry about your server and fix it up before you mock ours.

Your intelligence is going down each time you post. We dont have to worry about Faheria. The only reason it's still UC is because our lack of talented LATs leaves us with 3 people to make more then 1000 levels.

aires_graal
12-12-2001, 12:48 PM
i do hope deltaria goes up again, I had fun pking and sparring, thats the main reason i went on, and because i was in elf armies, But if it does go up can you pleassseee put my house up? lol DarkRival was supposed to put it up in Mt Kitegra but he stopped going on, well if i do get a house, i'd probably want to make a new one since my level editing skill imporved...... somewhat

fugitive316
12-12-2001, 01:45 PM
If people want to play on a server, why stop them? If the server "sucks" then don't play it.

Faheria_LAT3
12-12-2001, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by fugitive316
If people want to play on a server, why stop them? If the server "sucks" then don't play it.

Crappy take up server bandwitdth, thus making all the "good" servers laggy.

fugitive316
12-12-2001, 01:54 PM
Isn't "server bandwitdth" used when people log on a server and play on it? If this is true, the people who usually would go on Delteria would just go to another server. I don't see how the "bandwitdth" would drop, or lessen.

Of course I could be wrong.

Slaktmaster
12-12-2001, 02:10 PM
Crappy servers does not steal bandwidth. The reason some playersworlds lag when lots of people is on isn't because of bandwidth, its just the server resources that's low.

cell424
12-12-2001, 06:09 PM
Yes most servers that are running now, use allot of times out, and if you dont notice when testing a script you make you kind of freeze for like a part of a second. It is better to use functions in most cases. Not only because you can amke multiples in 1 script, but so you dont glitch.

-Trunks

fugitive316
12-12-2001, 08:26 PM
Ahh I see, so having a server online does not create additional lag, unless it has bad scripts etc.

Thanks.

Psyker
12-13-2001, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by fugitive316
Ahh I see, so having a server online does not create additional lag, unless it has bad scripts etc.

Thanks.
whoa, i never knew that...

ninjaterd
12-13-2001, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by aires_graal
i dont know, i liked it, but some kid is telling me that stefan told them that ice pick hacked a bunch of peoples accounts and told them if they played, he would kill them....... this sounds like bs huh, oh well, whatever
yes i remember this big post about this kid crying and stuff saying ice pick threatened to kill him.....no-one believed that poor inncoent kid....except me i said 'WTF he could bloody die and here are all u guys saying hes a **** and ice picks just a kid and woudnt do that' ..................and btw.....ur a *****

6Burning6Church6
12-15-2001, 11:34 PM
What Really Happened:

Pie hacked delteria website, and threatened (dont know if he did) to hack RC's
Ice gave pie RC temporarily until he got everything under control
Stefan saw pie with RC, and took delteria down
Told Ice to sign ownership over to Maximus
Ice refused
Delteria stays down until Ice signs ownership over which he wont
kthxbye

12-15-2001, 11:40 PM
I never did support hackers, I hate hackers and that is true.....

Pie got access to delteria website and ftp to the levels... He said give me rc or I will delete all delteria's levels and the website... I said okay and gave him rc where he can only warp so he couldnt do nothing at all... He also wanted me to unjail two of his accounts and one of his friends. I agreed as long as he didnt delete anything. So while he has on rc for a half houre I was busy making a new backup of all delteria's levels, which I did. After I made the backup pie got rebanned.

Stefan thinks I support hackers ect because of the rumors and lies that are going around. I will not sign Delteria over to ANYBODY because I did nothing wrong, and you should know that.

12-15-2001, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Faheria_LAT3

Crappy take up server bandwitdth, thus making all the "good" servers laggy. Delteria wasnt crapy, neither was it laggy. Delteria was never laggy unless something gets added with crapy scripting which lagged the server, if something gets uploaded that does lag the server or has crapy scripting someone with ftp or I will immediately take it down, fix the script, then reupload it.

Delteria was one of the few servers that did not lag, unlike other servers...

ZeroFXSM
12-17-2001, 03:50 AM
Everyone stops replying after ice pick.. go figure.

I have to believe you I guess.

aires_graal
12-18-2001, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by ninjaterd

yes i remember this big post about this kid crying and stuff saying ice pick threatened to kill him.....no-one believed that poor inncoent kid....except me i said 'WTF he could bloody die and here are all u guys saying hes a **** and ice picks just a kid and woudnt do that' ..................and btw.....ur a *****

LOL sorry ninjaterd were talking about two different people, i was talking to someone from msn messenger, who might i add doesnt even have a p2p account, hmmm i didnt think it was possible but you sound more stupid everytime you post a thread or on one for that matter, dont you realise everyone thinks your an idiot by now?

Warcaptain
12-22-2001, 10:10 AM
id like to take this moment to remind everyone how wonderful it is that delt. is gone!

nyghtGT
12-22-2001, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by aires_graal
Just wounder........ anyone know the real reason?
for many reasons...

1. being it only got worked on when threatened to be taken down ....
2. Ice Pick played graal 2001 instead of working on his server.
and a bunch of other things i dont want to list ...