PDA

View Full Version : Graal 2001 Website Suggestions


Pith
11-29-2001, 07:39 AM
1.Let people able to submit polls and if the webmaster approves it you can put it up in a special player's poll page.
2.Topstats.Make a top stats for graal 2001 with Top Kills,Deaths,Gralats(and tell how many total gralats are on g2k1 on that page too),and Online Time.
3.On the top somewhere add a p2p account counter.
4.make a g2k1 FAQ page.FAQs can submit FAQ questions and answers to the page
5.Use the level update log
6.under each news box.add a comment page so we can comment on it.


add more...

6Burning6Church6
11-29-2001, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Pith
1.Let people able to submit polls and if the webmaster approves it you can put it up in a special player's poll page.
2.Topstats.Make a top stats for graal 2001 with Top Kills,Deaths,Gralats(and tell how many total gralats are on g2k1 on that page too),and Online Time.
3.On the top somewhere add a p2p account counter.
4.make a g2k1 FAQ page.FAQs can submit FAQ questions and answers to the page
5.Use the level update log
6.under each news box.add a comment page so we can comment on it.


add more...

Stefan uses a site called phpnuke.com.. he didn't even make half of the stuff :O

Pith
11-29-2001, 07:48 AM
7.Hire people that knows php,html,cgi,and all the crap

Jerom
11-29-2001, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Pith
7.Hire people that knows php,html,cgi,and all the crap
Change to 7...
7.Hire ADULTS that know php,html,cgi,and all that crap ;)

galen
11-29-2001, 11:43 AM
*That* is phpNuke?! Oh dear god!!! That fance piece of open source software has SOOOO many security holes in it, no WONDER people are getting their passwords changed. I can't believe they would use that piece of sh**.

Shorty2Dope
11-29-2001, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Pith
1.Let people able to submit polls and if the webmaster approves it you can put it up in a special player's poll page.
2.Topstats.Make a top stats for graal 2001 with Top Kills,Deaths,Gralats(and tell how many total gralats are on g2k1 on that page too),and Online Time.
3.On the top somewhere add a p2p account counter.
4.make a g2k1 FAQ page.FAQs can submit FAQ questions and answers to the page
5.Use the level update log
6.under each news box.add a comment page so we can comment on it.


add more...

Good ideas be nice to see some of them up.. I Like the topstats that could make things more competative and intresting

ZanderX
11-29-2001, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by galen
*That* is phpNuke?! Oh dear god!!! That fance piece of open source software has SOOOO many security holes in it, no WONDER people are getting their passwords changed. I can't believe they would use that piece of sh**.


:(

TrueHeaT
11-29-2001, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by galen
*That* is phpNuke?! Oh dear god!!! That fance piece of open source software has SOOOO many security holes in it, no WONDER people are getting their passwords changed. I can't believe they would use that piece of sh**.

today they broke into graal 2001.com today and got the password for every single graal account and they got 2002 and all that junk thanks to phpnuke

ZanderX
11-29-2001, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by TrueHeaT


today they broke into graal 2001.com today and got the password for every single graal account and they got 2002 and all that junk thanks to phpnuke


are "they" some of the people who hang out in #graal? I heard something about that it was some of the #graal regulars.

TrueHeaT
11-29-2001, 12:31 PM
*shrugs* hell if i know

Zulithe
11-29-2001, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by ZanderX



are "they" some of the people who hang out in #graal? I heard something about that it was some of the #graal regulars. some of them were in there, and yes they WERE BANNED from the room, you can ask GodSpeed, Er1c, James205, they know about it.

ZanderX
11-29-2001, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Zulithe
some of them were in there, and yes they WERE BANNED from the room, you can ask GodSpeed, Er1c, James205, they know about it.

Okay. I just wasn't sure and wanted to know. >_<

Admins
11-29-2001, 12:45 PM
We can display things like the kart races best time.
A top10 of kills or so would be harder.

CloudStrife_2001
11-29-2001, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by ZanderX



are "they" some of the people who hang out in #graal? I heard something about that it was some of the #graal regulars.

they, would be Hell Raven and a couple of his friends, he been hacking onto everything related to graal.

Kumada
11-29-2001, 01:22 PM
omi omi good

unixmad
11-29-2001, 02:22 PM
I am really fade up to hear some peoples there to speak about that or that and always complain and never give any positive ideas:

About the web site don't complain against Stefan, it's me that work on the web site not Stefan.

Yes, we have use some phpnuke code for the news system and that's not more bugged than the code that Galen have written for the guilds or accounts, we are not perfect and all programmers do bugs, even big team @ microsoft include a lot of security holes in there code.

It's the problem to use open source software, since this software are public anyone can read the code and find bugs, but after some time you can be sure that the bugs are well known and corrected.

Now for the future we will focus on correcting bugs and security holes and more important put interesting features related to graal, like real time monitoring of graal worlds from a Java applet.

Unixmad.

T-Squad
11-29-2001, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by unixmad
I am really fade up to hear some peoples there to speak about that or that and always complain and never give any positive ideas:

About the web site don't complain against Stefan, it's me that work on the web site not Stefan.

Yes, we have use some phpnuke code for the news system and that's not more bugged than the code that Galen have written for the guilds or accounts, we are not perfect and all programmers do bugs, even big team @ microsoft include a lot of security holes in there code.

It's the problem to use open source software, since this software are public anyone can read the code and find bugs, but after some time you can be sure that the bugs are well known and corrected.

Now for the future we will focus on correcting bugs and security holes and more important put interesting features related to graal, like real time monitoring of graal worlds from a Java applet.

Unixmad.

For once Unixmad said something intelligent...although I disagree with Microsoft bugs...those are rare and insignificant....

But anyway, programming is tough. The stuff they did, with such a small staff, is incredible. Give them credit.

galen
11-29-2001, 02:56 PM
Yes, I do admit that all the stiff I wrote was half-assed and thrown together at the last minute. I was the Game Master, *not* the Webmaster, but we needed those things and no one else was making them so I stepped up to the plate.

Anyways...someone needs to do a through code audit to weed out and exploitable bugs that I missed. I am *very* happy to hear that Unixmad is fully aware of my coding mishaps and those of phpnuke and is correcting them swiftly.

If it was indeed a bug in something I wrote...I'll just have to eat my hat =(

Reiko_Lonja
11-29-2001, 06:09 PM
from what iv read it sounds like althought unixmad is an extremly good programer he isnt proffesional

now if this is the case, then does cyberjour(sp?) have pros, if so (i dont know if this would cost money since cyberjour owns graal) could graal have a loan of one to 'iron' out all the bugs.

if this is possible and not to costly it would be great.

also the people complaining, if u can do better, then do better and send it to unixmad:)

grim_squeaker_x
11-29-2001, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Reiko_Lonja
from what iv read it sounds like althought unixmad is an extremly good programer he isnt proffesional

now if this is the case, then does cyberjour(sp?) have pros, if so (i dont know if this would cost money since cyberjour owns graal) could graal have a loan of one to 'iron' out all the bugs.

if this is possible and not to costly it would be great.

also the people complaining, if u can do better, then do better and send it to unixmad:) Actually professional is not an indication of you're good or not, professional means that you do it as your profession. It's just that in the last centure or so the meaning of the word also changed to being good.

Reiko_Lonja
11-29-2001, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by grim_squeaker_x
Actually professional is not an indication of you're good or not, professional means that you do it as your profession. It's just that in the last centure or so the meaning of the word also changed to being good.

well to make it your profession u need to be good or noone would hire your or pay you

Shorty2Dope
11-29-2001, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by T-Squad


For once Unixmad said something intelligent...although I disagree with Microsoft bugs...those are rare and insignificant....

But anyway, programming is tough. The stuff they did, with such a small staff, is incredible. Give them credit.

What world do you come from kid? Microsoft has many bugs in there products.. XP i would say is very well done, I have not had a problem yet.. Unixmad is always smart.. people cut him down to much and i see nothing wrong about him.. The thing about graal is they let the users interact and help graal. Thats what brings alot of people here and still around. I think everythings fine, there are things needing fixing, but you also forget unixmad and stefan arn't making enough money to spend all day on just graal.

Shorty2Dope
11-29-2001, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by galen
Yes, I do admit that all the stiff I wrote was half-assed and thrown together at the last minute. I was the Game Master, *not* the Webmaster, but we needed those things and no one else was making them so I stepped up to the plate.

Anyways...someone needs to do a through code audit to weed out and exploitable bugs that I missed. I am *very* happy to hear that Unixmad is fully aware of my coding mishaps and those of phpnuke and is correcting them swiftly.

If it was indeed a bug in something I wrote...I'll just have to eat my hat =(

Thats good that you admit to things you did wrong :) You can go eat your hat now :)

AlkarenHyralt
11-29-2001, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by galen
Anyways...someone needs to do a through code audit to weed out and exploitable bugs that I missed. I am *very* happy to hear that Unixmad is fully aware of my coding mishaps and those of phpnuke and is correcting them swiftly.

If it was indeed a bug in something I wrote...I'll just have to eat my hat =(

*raises his hand* I could do that...and maybe then be able to fix the forums and all the horrible errors that are in the forum's scripts...

Frank
11-29-2001, 10:43 PM
So does this mean I am going to get my stuff back because all of it is gone thanks to this.... oh and you might want to check out this site (Its where all our account stuff is posted) http://sg111.*******ers.net/

LiquidIce00
11-30-2001, 04:34 AM
:D :cool: :D

Microsoft has like the most bugs T-Squad.. well windows had over 5,000 bugs itself.. and most of them are still not corrected. And about security holes , microsoft wins again. Go look at the website u find like 3049304930940934 updates for security holes..
Its not easy to make things that are not hackable since you dont think when youre making something about every different possible way a person can use the program and it can crash/bug out and crap like that..