PDA

View Full Version : Graal + Chat Room

Shorty2Dope
11-29-2001, 12:56 AM
They need a chatroom for the forums/webpage, I would rather go in there and answer some of peoples stupid questions.. Make our own FAQ bot for the channel :)

I know theres already graal chat rooms but they need a official one for the site.

G_yoshi
11-29-2001, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Shorty2Dope
They need a chatroom for the forums/webpage, I would rather go in there and answer some of peoples stupid questions.. Make our own FAQ bot for the channel :)

I know theres already graal chat rooms but they need a official one for the site.

I have heard a few rumors that alude to unixmad not liking #graal on irc.alphanine.net :(

Shorty2Dope
11-29-2001, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by G_yoshi

I have heard a few rumors that alude to unixmad not liking #graal on irc.alphanine.net :(

I think if they had one it would rid some of the threads people think are useless.. Most threads are being spammed because they use them like a chat.

AlkarenHyralt
11-29-2001, 01:36 AM
If someone wanted me to, I might be able to set up an irc server (unoffical one, of course)

Shorty2Dope
11-29-2001, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt
If someone wanted me to, I might be able to set up an irc server (unoffical one, of course)

we need one that everyone will go to.. so we would need it posted on the site.. maybe make one and we can post it on the new 2001 news thing?

Fidel Castro
11-29-2001, 02:11 AM
anything would be an improvement to that piece of trash on irc (alphanine) now

ZanderX
11-29-2001, 02:14 AM
People use these forums like a chat because that's what they are! Oh my! They are a DISCUSSION BOARD. We can DISCUSS things if we WANT.

mikepg
11-29-2001, 03:51 AM
i doubt they will ever make an official chat server and channel. IF they REALLY wanted to, they would have back in the classic classic days (yes, 2 classics, my train of thought was not interrupted). If stefan can script a program to run off of a web server and a program that uses an SQL dump, then he can set up an egg drop account (or whatever it is, i know its egg something). There are more IRC servers than there are words in the english language.

joeycmoore
11-29-2001, 03:53 AM
SINCE EVERYONE USES AOL LETS JUST MAKE A GRAAL CHAT THERE

Providence_Admin3
11-29-2001, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Fidel Castro
anything would be an improvement to that piece of trash on irc (alphanine) now

Reiko_Lonja
11-29-2001, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by joeycmoore

i dont use crappy AOL

Shorty2Dope
11-29-2001, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX
People use these forums like a chat because that's what they are! Oh my! They are a DISCUSSION BOARD. We can DISCUSS things if we WANT.

Yes but there not a chat smart ass. Chatting is much faster, easier and will stop more spamming or people getting annoyed..

Blade50
11-29-2001, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by joeycmoore
kewl letz doi t