PDA

View Full Version : ...This game...it sucks you in...

T3CK
11-23-2001, 05:14 AM
~This is Cloud X sorry about using this account I needed to post this~

First, before I started this game...note that I was very kind...happy..and talented in school and more. This changed horribly soon after...
When I first found graal it just started playing an hour if that a day. It picked up though and I was playing more and more. School was still first and I still acted a lot. The years passed I continued to play more and more and It became all I thought about. When I slept I even had dreams about it.
I was adicted. My grades began to slip and I just didn't care about homework or anything. I became cruel from the type of people who plague this game. Swearing now more then ever...Then I stopped acting. I wanted more time to play for graal. Even last year I only took part in one play and my teacher for drama said I was talented and should try out for more. I didn't I wanted to play graal.
I hope so much I can still change the course of my life. The next play no matter what I will try out for it. Even if it is a musical and I cannot sing. The next term just starting now I will work hard. However most of all I will never ever return to this community.
Graal has simply and formost no matter how stupid you call me know you will know soon enough. It has...ruined my life thus far. When reading the terms of agreement or whatever the currutpion of minds never really made sense. Now it does. As I sit here and wish I had never found graal. For that at the moment is all I can do...I hope others will see this and leave.
Sorry stefan and unixmad if this takes business away. Life is more important. Mine may be screwed now...but not all of yours are. Hopefully one day...I will get back to everything I left behind for this...this...'thing'.

Googi
11-23-2001, 05:16 AM
Yeup, then BirdBird gives the house you have all your money in to Kondias x_x, well, I'll still play and try to get my money back but x_x

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-23-2001, 06:34 AM
This is the same reason why SSMutz left

haromaru
11-23-2001, 06:43 AM
It's weird, Graal has had a positive effect over me.

I've learned much about how to deal with people, work experience, and investments. I've learned how to argue, and most importantly, how to roleplay.

Sure, I've become a bit more rash, but for the most part, it's been positive for me.

feivel
11-23-2001, 06:54 AM
*applause*
I couldnt do anything else even if i stopped playing graal lol...

yoshee15
11-23-2001, 06:56 AM
i always put PC before homework =P and you know what, i still ahve an 83 average, AHAHA, well hope your life umm turns around!

feivel
11-23-2001, 06:58 AM
:) I have like a B average..
I could make A's..
but I dont wanna try that hard..
Its not like I need to prove it to myself...

Domini
11-23-2001, 06:59 AM
Nastazio: I've found myself getting on Graal before doing my homework, that is a horrid thing :( bye cloud.

Providence_Admin3
11-23-2001, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by T3CK

First, before I started this game...note that I was very kind...happy..and talented in school and more. This changed horribly soon after...
When I first found graal it just started playing an hour if that a day. It picked up though and I was playing more and more. School was still first and I still acted a lot. The years passed I continued to play more and more and It became all I thought about. When I slept I even had dreams about it.
I was adicted. My grades began to slip and I just didn't care about homework or anything. I became cruel from the type of people who plague this game. Swearing now more then ever...Then I stopped acting. I wanted more time to play for graal. Even last year I only took part in one play and my teacher for drama said I was talented and should try out for more. I didn't I wanted to play graal.
I hope so much I can still change the course of my life. The next play no matter what I will try out for it. Even if it is a musical and I cannot sing. The next term just starting now I will work hard. However most of all I will never ever return to this community.
Graal has simply and formost no matter how stupid you call me know you will know soon enough. It has...ruined my life thus far. When reading the terms of agreement or whatever the currutpion of minds never really made sense. Now it does. As I sit here and wish I had never found graal. For that at the moment is all I can do...I hope others will see this and leave.
Sorry stefan and unixmad if this takes business away. Life is more important. Mine may be screwed now...but not all of yours are. Hopefully one day...I will get back to everything I left behind for this...this...'thing'.

...whoa. You take this game way too seriously. ;/

Torankusu
11-23-2001, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
This is the same reason why SSMutz left ?

Ssmutz used a stolen credit card to buy alot of things...
He wanted to get his life back in order...

Antago
11-23-2001, 07:39 AM

That is just.... uhm........ only 1 symptom.

Graal has changed me for the better. You can learn a lot from it -- a lot of stuff about computers, language, vocabulary, and whatever else.

Use Graal for the best... and don't complain if you get lazy on a side note because you just want to "play" Graal... rather than become a part of it.

Antago
11-23-2001, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by yoshee15
i always put PC before homework =P and you know what, i still ahve an 83 average, AHAHA, well hope your life umm turns around!

And you all know damn well I'm on the computer with Graal more than anything.
My grades are As and Bs.... not to mention, since Graal is the only thing I ever knew to love about a computer, it hasn't given me a "nerdy" effect either.

Antago
11-23-2001, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by feivel
I could make A's..

It's not often about yourself... it's about the world.

Jerom
11-23-2001, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Antago

And you all know damn well I'm on the computer with Graal more than anything.
My grades are As and Bs.... not to mention, since Graal is the only thing I ever knew to love about a computer, it hasn't given me a "nerdy" effect either.
Was the same way with me.
But I do like other things about computers...such as games...online role playing games.... games LIKE Graal... but not Graal... *runs over to kitchen table for his anti-Graal pills*

Brad2
11-23-2001, 07:45 AM
Graals been double edged for me, ive learned alot more words and made myself more intelligent by some intellectual people in graal, on the other hand it IS addictive and soemtimes I pick graal over things such as hanging out with friends :/

Admins
11-23-2001, 07:55 AM
Many things can work as 'drugs', and the human
needs somehow drugs, things he can think of when
he feels bad or so to motivate himself. But you
must control yourself to not let it destroy your life,
not easy though.

Antago
11-23-2001, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Stefan
Many things can work as 'drugs', and the human
needs somehow drugs, things he can think of when
he feels bad or so to motivate himself. But you
must control yourself to not let it destroy your life,
not easy though.

If people see this game as a drug, they have deeper problems than just being on here day and night....

Admins
11-23-2001, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Antago

If people see this game as a drug, they have deeper problems than just being on here day and night....

Well, playing online games can be more interesting
than watching stupid TV or walking through the
streets at -10 degrees celcius or so

feivel
11-23-2001, 08:02 AM
Stefan is it true that in Germany there are strict lawsa on video games..
like they cant have human blood and stuff and be sold publicly..
so you have to order them from special shops and have to be older then 18...
and thats why in command and conquer,
the german verison when the people get squished by tanks instead of them splattering and blood coming out and it going sqquish...
you actually har a metallic crunch so its as if the soldiers were really robots?

Antago
11-23-2001, 08:05 AM

Indeed.
I am stumped to as why people struggle in theirselves to leave and see Graal as a necropathic drug that destroys you....... hmmmmmmmm

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-23-2001, 08:14 AM
TV isn't stupid, I mean, it's not like I watch it all the time, but if there is a good movie on or a sports event I like I watch it

haromaru
11-23-2001, 08:25 AM

Speak it.

T3CK
11-23-2001, 08:31 AM

~CloudX~
I agree...
However...when you start going from A's to B's and a C or two that isnt good. Ill Take tv if It means I get friends,acting,and grades back. Hell ill even take the -10 degrees celcius If I get all that back

r_u_f_u_s
11-23-2001, 08:41 AM

~CloudX~
I agree...
However...when you start going from A's to B's and a C or two that isnt good. Ill Take tv if It means I get friends,acting,and grades back. Hell ill even take the -10 degrees celcius If I get all that back

All you have to do is budget your time. Anything can be addicting, not just graal, and you need to realize when enough is enough and you need a change. Why don't you do your homework first then play graal? I find it frustrating to do homework when I get home from school though, so I usually use the computer (and play graal) until 5:00 or 6:00, then I do my work the rest of the night. It really works out, trust me, because you have enough time to play and unwind, while you still have enough time to study and be serious about school. My grades are good and I have enough time to play, while I still have time for my friends and girlfriend, so just try budgeting your time, it will help you a lot. All you need is the motivation to change it though and we can't help you with that.....

FatherDante
11-23-2001, 09:08 AM
Sorry if Graal ruined your life. Really, I think you're being melodramatic, but you have a right to say what you want.

Exaggeration or no, I'm glad you're leaving. I hope it brings you happiness.

JeffTL
11-23-2001, 10:42 AM
I have learned enough about C from Graal that when Neverwinter Nights comes out...I should be able to script for it, if it's well documented.

Griffyn
11-23-2001, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by haromaru
It's weird, Graal has had a positive effect over me.

I've learned much about how to deal with people, work experience, and investments. I've learned how to argue, and most importantly, how to roleplay.

Sure, I've become a bit more rash, but for the most part, it's been positive for me.

6Burning6Church6
11-23-2001, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by feivel
I could make A's..

I have a F average.

fenderbender2965
11-23-2001, 12:11 PM
wow so you get like zeros??? are you trying to get bad grades? you could go in to something you dont know anything about and get better than an f average

CrispinX
11-23-2001, 12:16 PM
Graal is the reason that I got C's in all my classes last year. I was too obsessed, but I can control it now. :)

I remember one time turning down an offer to go to the movies with my friends because I was in a Survivor tournament with about 2 minutes left. I didn't even win. God, I was pitiful.

Providence_Admin3
11-23-2001, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Gspeed2000
yeah it happened to me last year when I began coding in the game for no reason what so ever under the assumption that I would actually get some money out of it.

I failed math that year and had to go to night school to reclaim it.

Uhm... I think I will be doing a "Galan" soon :\

You mean Galen?