PDA

View Full Version : Um.....place your bets?

Hulk Hogan
11-22-2001, 06:34 AM
"New RC: Birdbird_0
Birdbird_0: hi
Admin Msg: Administrator Birdbird_0:
Ok, last time you guys will see me on graal k? I suck at everyting I do and Get hated for doing alot, alot of people keep on hating me, well, it finaly got to me, I just get spit on and run over and everything I do gets blown up in my face, well, I had enough, bye guys.
RC disconnected: Birdbird_0
Hulk Hogan: kk birdo"

--------------------

How long til you guys think he back? a couple hours?

psihunter
11-22-2001, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Hulk Hogan
"New RC: Birdbird_0
Birdbird_0: hi
Admin Msg: Administrator Birdbird_0:
Ok, last time you guys will see me on graal k? I suck at everyting I do and Get hated for doing alot, alot of people keep on hating me, well, it finaly got to me, I just get spit on and run over and everything I do gets blown up in my face, well, I had enough, bye guys.
RC disconnected: Birdbird_0
Hulk Hogan: kk birdo"

--------------------

How long til you guys think he back? a couple hours?

I dunno

Hyped
11-22-2001, 06:38 AM
I wub the birdbird, I dont want him to go. :(

Hulk Hogan
11-22-2001, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by psihunter

I dunno

:-\

you can do better at gfx than that!

FatherDante
11-22-2001, 06:39 AM
1hour is my bet. That's how long it was last time.

Leave for Pete's sake, Birdbird.

Torankusu
11-22-2001, 06:39 AM
hopefully he won't.

I asked him a question related to transparency like the ones on his zalactid hud lcd things and he tells me to go away.

Domini
11-22-2001, 06:40 AM
nastazio: I am on the phone with birdbird, he is my good friend, i don't want to see him go. Toran, your a *****.

Admins
11-22-2001, 06:41 AM
Um birdbird did so much stuff for Graal2001,
it would be a big loss if he leaves :(

Hulk Hogan
11-22-2001, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by FatherDante
1hour is my bet. That's how long it was last time.

Leave for Pete's sake, Birdbird.

I'm guessing if he's not back by Saturday then it will be maybe a week or two until we see him again?

I HIGHLY doubt he could stay away actually....

konidias
11-22-2001, 06:43 AM
He told me he is tired of the anguish.. He said he doesn't get anything but hate and no one appreciates what he does for graal.. and he said people like torankusu are the worst ones..

Then he gave me his house and left :(

psihunter
11-22-2001, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Stefan
Um birdbird did so much stuff for Graal2001,
it would be a big loss if he leaves :(

So true....

Stefan make a memorial if he is really gone for good!

FatherDante
11-22-2001, 06:45 AM
Yeah, a good monument would be tile definition NPC with his name in it instead of those 20 million tree graphics in the underground lake. :o

Torankusu
11-22-2001, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by konidias
He told me he is tired of the anguish.. He said he doesn't get anything but hate and no one appreciates what he does for graal.. and he said people like torankusu are the worst ones..

Then he gave me his house and left :( Of course I am the worst one. It seems like I am the only one that speaks up around here. The rest of the players just hide under rocks.

psihunter
11-22-2001, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Torankusu
Of course I am the worst one. It seems like I am the only one that speaks up around here. The rest of the players just hide under rocks.

I dunno about that
But I like Birdbirds work

I was the only one that really supported him when he released UnderGround lake

konidias
Of course I am the worst one. It seems like I am the only one that speaks up around here. The rest of the players just hide under rocks.

You do nothing but give negative feedback to some of the staff.. How are we supposed to feel when everything we do for Graal gets thrown in our face by you because you like destroying the little good that is left in Graal.

If I wasn't so dedicated in staying here to help out you would have drove me away long ago.. Now look who is making Graal loser players.

Torankusu
It's people like konidias that are making me want to leave and have my money refunded.

They get all huffy puffy when people complain about something (admin house, whatever,) and go "well some people like it." That is just the thing. If not everyone likes it, It should be improved/editted until everyone, or next to everyone likes it.

Like the tileset issue(s): Stefan shows he is always open for constructive critisism, but konidias just blows you off and says your opinion doesn't matter when you say you don't like something he made.

Torankusu
11-22-2001, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by psihunter

I dunno about that
But I like Birdbirds work

I was the only one that really supported him when he released UnderGround lake I shot a fireball, and he died, and jailed me for around 3 hours.

konidias
11-22-2001, 06:51 AM
You can't make everybody happy.. The only reason I don't listen to your opinion is because they are all negative.. you don't like one thing about my tileset, you can't compliment any of the work I have done.. it's just complaining.

I want feedback that I can work with not "Your trees suck, graal was better without you"

FatherDante
11-22-2001, 06:53 AM
If I wasn't so dedicated in staying here to help out you would have drove me away long ago.. Now look who is making Graal loser players.
If I wasn't such a considerate person, I would comment on how you describe yourself.

cds96
11-22-2001, 06:53 AM
:( sad birdie

Brad2
11-22-2001, 06:54 AM
graal really sucks

Torankusu
11-22-2001, 06:54 AM

You do nothing but give negative feedback to some of the staff..
Constructive critisism. Learn to accept and build from it.

If I wasn't so dedicated in staying here to help out you would have drove me away long ago..[/B]
Driven. It is Driven. Not drove.

Now look who's making graal lose players...
It has nothing to do with me. Making a tileset that is unattractive and makes classic look really bad won't really make alot of people want to upgrade. Think about it; If the Classic server, one that has alot of people that upgrade playing on it, looks horrible with the new tileset, what will they think Graal2001 will look like?

Hulk Hogan
11-22-2001, 06:56 AM
oh no :(.

One more little negative fight and i'm deleteing this thread :(

Domini
11-22-2001, 06:57 AM
Dont close it let people speak their minds about this matter....

konidias
11-22-2001, 06:57 AM

Driven. It is Driven. Not drove.

It has nothing to do with me. Making a tileset that is unattractive and makes classic look really bad won't really make alot of people want to upgrade. Think about it; If the Classic server, one that has alot of people that upgrade playing on it, looks horrible with the new tileset, what will they think Graal2001 will look like?

Why is it that stefan and unixmad say they like my work, people posted threads when the tileset came out like "wow look how much better the tileset makes this server look" Then you sit there and tell me it completely sucks and drives away customers.. where is the logic?

kyle0654
11-22-2001, 06:58 AM

Oye...it doesn't help build if you don't tell them what's wrong in a way that's not personally attacking.

I see why Birdbird left......haven't seen much of him for a while either...I'd have at least liked to say goodbye :(

Jerom
11-22-2001, 06:58 AM

Why is it that stefan and unixmad say they like my work, people posted threads when the tileset came out like "wow look how much better the tileset makes this server look" Then you sit there and tell me it completely sucks and drives away customers.. where is the logic?
It's not all of your tiles that suck, just a selected few make the rest of the tileset look like pig pooo.
Quak!

Torankusu
11-22-2001, 06:59 AM
You can't make everybody happy.. The only reason I don't listen to your opinion is because they are all negative.. you don't like one thing about my tileset, you can't compliment any of the work I have done.. it's just complaining.

I want feedback that I can work with not "Your trees suck, graal was better without you" Okay then:

A few of the only things I like about the tileset is the new houses, and the snow-related tiles.

The trees look really jumbled and are too dark/bright. (Depends.) The roads look OKAY, but they are too not-road like. The other ones looked better. Most of the new tiles have too much of a dark appearence. Brighten it up. It makes it more attractive.

The market place was an OK idea, but it's caused alot of commotion in the past month(s) or so it's been up. Other than that, it has been a great thing released into graal.

Snow cones: I guess it's worth it to take forever to use 6 apples, that later go into 21 gralats.

Admins
11-22-2001, 06:59 AM
Yes konidias, toran doesn't like the graphics and
then thinks no one likes it, but most people like it
much more than the old one which is nostalgic but not
really very nice looking.

Torankusu
11-22-2001, 07:00 AM

Why is it that stefan and unixmad say they like my work, people posted threads when the tileset came out like "wow look how much better the tileset makes this server look" Then you sit there and tell me it completely sucks and drives away customers.. where is the logic? What the hell are you talking about? Was this in your dreams? EVOLVE, SOMEONE WHO PLAYED CLASSIC, POSTED ABOUT 2-3 THREADS THAT STEFAN POSTED IN.

I don't remember any "LOOK At thIS TLESSET IT ROX" when they were referring to yours...

Jerom
11-22-2001, 07:00 AM
really very nice looking.
well now that you're paying attention... ;)
Instead of replacing the already fit tiles... don't you think it would be a much better idea to just ADD ONTO the tileset?

Torankusu
11-22-2001, 07:01 AM
really very nice looking. Sorry, but read my post, please.

konidias
11-22-2001, 07:01 AM
Okay then:

A few of the only things I like about the tileset is the new houses, and the snow-related tiles.

The trees look really jumbled and are too dark/bright. (Depends.) The roads look OKAY, but they are too not-road like. The other ones looked better. Most of the new tiles have too much of a dark appearence. Brighten it up. It makes it more attractive.

The market place was an OK idea, but it's caused alot of commotion in the past month(s) or so it's been up. Other than that, it has been a great thing released into graal.

Snow cones: I guess it's worth it to take forever to use 6 apples, that later go into 21 gralats.

THANK YOU
That is the first decent reply on my work you have made since I have been working here.

Admins
11-22-2001, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Jerom

well now that you're paying attention... ;)
Instead of replacing the already fit tiles... don't you think it would be a much better idea to just ADD ONTO the tileset?

Why not taking the better graphics instead of the
old ones? When we have added grass with more than
just 1 color there were also people complaining, but
after some time the old screenshots looked really
crappy.

psihunter
11-22-2001, 07:03 AM
KONIDIAS SPACE TILESET
STEFAN GRAAL2230 TEST SERVER =X!

Admins
The only thing I don't like yet about the new tiles
is the house roof, don't know

Torankusu

crappy. Agreed.

Let me go into more detail on the trees:
They are too hard to find the tile errors. :(

konidias
11-22-2001, 07:05 AM
The only thing I don't like yet about the new tiles
is the house roof, don't know

Stefan check your forum pm's like.. 3 days ago I sent you a small preview of my NEW tileset.. not the one on graal now.. but completely new. :)

Jerom
11-22-2001, 07:05 AM

crappy.
Well yes, we could take the better graphics in, and add them onto the tileset as long as they fit the Graal tileset in general.
This will give level makers a much bigger variety of tiles to choose from when making levels. Which means that levels will have more detail and will be unique.

Lyndzey
11-22-2001, 07:06 AM
The only good tileset I have ever seen is Faheria's...Kon did an awesome job on the ice tiles though. Although I dislike Birdbird for massing out with his RC a lot, I still like him. I don't like how he abuses warpto, but hell, NL did it all the time (who is finally gone)...I wish people would be able to get along for a change.

Torankusu
11-22-2001, 07:06 AM
I loved birdbird's use of light effects in his house and around it,
but the constant use of that one tree made it less attractive.

Lyndzey
11-22-2001, 07:07 AM

I don't really like his levels because they lag so much for me on a 56k, but he has done a lot of work for 2001...

konidias
11-22-2001, 07:08 AM
I still think it would be nice to have a tileset selector like in the options you could pick a set to use. Of course that would require images like "treetop.png" to come in different variations and adjust with each tileset.

Jerom
11-22-2001, 07:08 AM
Treenm3.png(i made it). At first, I was pretty glad that everyone was using my tree image, but then people used it waaay too much in levels. The tree was made to be singular, unique, etc. Not to be made a default tree.

Brad2
11-22-2001, 07:10 AM
hey
how bout people dont act like complete *******s to one another 24/7

I agree, I used to be mean and yell at *****s, but hell, who didint at one point? But, Im sick of it now, every day you come on to see "so and so quit, so and so is corrupt, etc." cant we just get along (no pun intended). I am sick and tired of this crap, people hate each other for the dumbest reasons and people who have no life once so ever start it up. Toran, you are an instigator, whether you do it on purpose or not YOU ARE. Your always the one bashing ideas, and being a complete ass to someone and me and a lot of others are tired of it. God, cant people just lay off each other? I bet I will be bashed about this by some people who enjoy hurting others, but hell, thats graal now isnt it?

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-22-2001, 07:10 AM
Well, I think that the new tileset is better, I mean, there can be some improvement but Graal is starting to look more profssional with koni's tileset.

BUT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT SAYING BYE BYE TO THE BIRD :(

cds96
11-22-2001, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Lyndzey
The only good tileset I have ever seen is Faheria's

FatherDante
11-22-2001, 07:16 AM
Torankusu is cool

Raven
11-22-2001, 07:18 AM
It was pretty serious now i dont think the bird is comming back
=**(

EThor
11-22-2001, 07:20 AM
:(

Fidel Castro
11-22-2001, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by FatherDante
Torankusu is cool

yeah i agree

hey why doesn't konidias just take over stefan and unixmad's job because he seems like he would love it.
"YOU DRIVE AWAY THE CUSTOMERS"
"YOU MAKE LOSER PLAYERS LEAVE" (odd how he says losers there though)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i have never used his tileset i like my mysterious one

hey bird you still owe me shades dangit.

Valder_2
11-22-2001, 10:20 AM
My thoughts :
Concerning Birdbird leaving : Good ridance >=[ YOU KNOW WHY I DON'T LIKE YOU ANYMORE! :(

Concerning Captain Obvious' idea of konidias making graal look more professional : Now before you say somthing like "Just because u hate it doesnt mean others do" I started it with "MY thoughts" ;) Konidias' tileset DOESN'T make graal look professional. The trees are sloppy pixelated and don't fit in with the pure black outline. His path tiles are sloppy and have repetive'ness written all over it. His bricks don't work with each other. In other words, smoke you.

Bird's level : Copy and paste x 50 + lightning effects with loriel's scripts.

Konidias : Stop kissing ass. ;o

Toran : Fight the system!

Yes I'm a jerk, and proud of it. :rolleyes:

My bet : When he comes back if ever.

Antago
11-22-2001, 10:23 AM

Then he gave me his house and left :(

The same thing happened to me... and did I quit? Well, yes... but that was 2 years later and only for 8 months.

Andor_Admin1
11-22-2001, 10:26 AM
I really can't understand many of the players of Graal. It seems as though you're out to get every good person that plays Graal. And even worse, having a staff position makes you a immediate target. Birdbird put a lot of time into Graal, and did many good things for Graal 2001. I can't be certain, but I have a feeling that whomever is responsible has driven him away for good this time. I hope those of you that are responsible for him finally giving up are pleased with yourselves. :grrr:

AlkarenHyralt
11-22-2001, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by EThor
:(

Jerom
11-22-2001, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Andor_Admin1
I really can't understand many of the players of Graal. It seems as though you're out to get every good person that plays Graal. And even worse, having a staff position makes you a immediate target. Birdbird put a lot of time into Graal, and did many good things for Graal 2001. I can't be certain, but I have a feeling that whomever is responsible has driven him away for good this time. I hope those of you that are responsible for him finally giving up are pleased with yourselves. :grrr:
Example of Good People:Lyndzey, kyle0654
Example of Bad People:Yakuzo, Mafukie
Example of People Inbetween:People who do not play Graal...

Antago
11-22-2001, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Andor_Admin1

Yes, well, unlike UO and other games, Graal does not strike out against such things.

Even the mere action of banning the problems from using public chat tools (message board and toalls) could help a little if they get out of hand with their speeches as opposed to what the rules allow. =/

Qwert616
11-22-2001, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
BYE BYE TO THE BIRD :(

Torankusu
11-22-2001, 10:44 AM
i am one of the horrible persons.