PDA

View Full Version : Some of my new ideas for Dustari.


ZanderX
11-21-2001, 10:52 PM
Since the new castle levels are going to be uploaded this weekend, possibly earlier than I expected, I might as well ask for public opinion on some of the changes I intend to make to Dustari.

For example, I may or may not use a new tag system I just thought up earlier this morning.

Instead of having <position> <name> of (Dustari), I might have it something like this...for example, in my case:

Kamuii Shirou, King of (Dustari)

or, perhaps, for Xythar:

Xythar Ceavok, Magistrate of (Dustari)

Is it good, or should I stick with the traditional <position> <name> tagging system? I always like to be unique, and alot of the newer Kingdoms and one of the old copied my "of (Dustari)" bit. :) So I need something new.

Also, as far as ranking and promotion goes; I used to promote people depending on how much I saw them do, etc. From now on, all entry-level people into the military will be Squires, and I'll either attatch them to someone or let them go on their own. After a week, if they are on tag and show that they're a good, decent RPer, then they will be promoted to Footman, or a Horseman, or an Archer, etcetera.

Do you like this idea?

I don't have time to post them all, I will continue to update this around 10:00 when I am in my Teacher Assistant class when I have time to continue. :)

Lyndzey
11-21-2001, 10:55 PM
Kalaron used to be Derrick *King*. I don't really like the Kamuii, King of idea, but it could be used.

PowderCoveredBinky
11-21-2001, 11:29 PM
I like the new tag idea, it sounds better in my opinion :)

Keyan
11-22-2001, 12:55 AM
Even tho i am not part of dustari, i feel it right to comment on this topic:

I say keep it the way it is, it allows for organization.
I personally keep my playerlist in abc order, and if you have it <position> <name> <tag>, then people with the same position would appear next to each other, and i find that very useful when having to find someone quick with alot of people on.....but then again, if you dont know the person's position, it could be a great hassle to find his/her name since it'll in abc order of the position
take your pick :)

cds96
11-22-2001, 01:03 AM
I was the first blacksmith of dustari ;)

JeffTL
11-22-2001, 01:19 AM
doesn't really matter...you're the king, make the tag how you want it. And when did an old kingdom copy the Of? Pirates and Samurai don't use it...I know, I'm a samurai and I've never seen a pirate use of in his nick.

ZanderX
11-22-2001, 01:22 AM
Zormite.

I saw it in Zormite a while back.

psihunter
11-22-2001, 01:28 AM
I think having of (Kingdom name) is rather stupid
I mean
Captain Ghost Pirate
Its me rank and name
of (Pirate Crew) is not part of my name

Lionel-Jonson
11-22-2001, 01:31 AM
it should be of the (blah)

ZanderX
11-22-2001, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by psihunter
I think having of (Kingdom name) is rather stupid
I mean
Captain Ghost Pirate
Its me rank and name
of (Pirate Crew) is not part of my name

Then why have the "(Pirate Crew)" at all? It's still part of your name then by your reasoning, and the "of" being there or not would not/should not matter.

psihunter
11-22-2001, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX


Then why have the "(Pirate Crew)" at all? It's still part of your name then by your reasoning, and the "of" being there or not would not/should not matter.


(Pirate Crew) is not a incharacter name object

ZanderX
11-22-2001, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by psihunter



(Pirate Crew) is not a incharacter name object

Neither is "of (Dustari)".

Think of it this way.

At court, they did not say "Lord Variel De'torrance, Marseilles". They would say "Lord Variel De'torrance of Marseilles". That's how I figure the "of (Dustari)".

psihunter
11-22-2001, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX


Neither is "of (Dustari)".

Think of it this way.

At court, they did not say "Lord Variel De'torrance, Marseilles". They would say "Lord Variel De'torrance of Marseilles". That's how I figure the "of (Dustari)".

Notice the ( ) around the tag >=)
That example shows sort of how it would be incharacter or so it looks like...

Added note...The new tag it ruins the whole reason of being king =X

Why change what is still good?

Asuka
11-22-2001, 02:46 AM
If you want my input which i doubt any of you do but i'll give it to you anyways.

Name (Dustari) would be better. Have them introduce themselves in a RP sort of way if someone doesn't know what position they are in the kingdom. Also have them dress as their position as well.

JeffTL
11-22-2001, 05:06 AM
I always forget the Zormites, silly me.

AlkarenHyralt
11-22-2001, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Asuka
If you want my input which i doubt any of you do but i'll give it to you anyways.

Name (Dustari) would be better. Have them introduce themselves in a RP sort of way if someone doesn't know what position they are in the kingdom. Also have them dress as their position as well.

As a cardinal and head of the Dustari church I dressed the best I could for my role-playing; it's one of the reasons I went and bought the clothes changer NPC.

FatherDante
11-22-2001, 06:15 AM
We use the Japanese system so it's only appropriate that we have our titles preceding our names as they are.

However, we samurai don't have ranks, so whatever you choose to do wouldn't really relate to us.

gozen
11-22-2001, 06:25 AM
samurai only really use person ,person with ability to recruit, emperor and Empress :rolleyes:

FatherDante
11-22-2001, 06:42 AM
No, it's like this:
Citizen
Emperor

Nothing in between. -.-

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-22-2001, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by FatherDante
No, it's like this:
Citizen
Emperor

Nothing in between. -.-
I take it the Japanese loved simplicity?

Brad2
11-22-2001, 07:17 AM
Zormite doesnt use of
and we use rank name (zormite)

the basic thing

FatherDante
11-22-2001, 07:17 AM
Well, that's not based on the Japanese system. The feudal Japanese social order was extremely regimented and divisive; the exact opposite of ours.

WingDrgn
11-22-2001, 07:55 AM
Keep a list of everyone's rank, but have the form be Name (Dustari). I forget who posted it, but I agree. The way you present yourself is how people know your rank.

Asuka
11-22-2001, 11:36 AM
It was me, the genious behind the rp world yet still seen a ***** by all Dustari [email protected]

MaximusP2P
11-22-2001, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by ZanderX
Instead of having <position> <name> of (Dustari), I might have it something like this...for example, in my case:

Kamuii Shirou, King of (Dustari)

or, perhaps, for Xythar:

Xythar Ceavok, Magistrate of (Dustari)

good idea it looks better for RPing