PDA

View Full Version : Scammed by ArchOwl! Police and Admins respond...


Kasuagi
11-21-2001, 06:08 AM
Usually I wouldn't post in the forums about something like this. But I thought I could trust someone like ArchOwl. But it appears that wasn't the case. He scammed me for 3500. If it was even 1k, i wouldn't care. But that is a lot of money! He told everyone he'd sell it for 350, I offered that. Then he takes the price from 400g and puts it up for 3500. This happen to me before with a Wizard hat for 1001g. Please do something. Plenty of witnesses can be called.

Thank you. Sorry for posting such an uneeded thread. I guess some people just don't understand the work that goes into making so much money and losing it so fast.

Blade50
11-21-2001, 06:13 AM
haw haw archowl rawxed u

Kasuagi
11-21-2001, 06:14 AM
Now he is trying to buy a bomy to get rid of my money! Ugh, damnit. Anyways, It's considered illegal cause he said he'd sell for '350' and that is False Advertisment! He sold for 3500! Banner and all... Argh!

This is from the Police website. Paraphrased...

'If too many people complain or theres enough evidence.' So I hope enough people will come forward and tell the truth.

Faheria_GP2
11-21-2001, 06:25 AM
ok, i was not scammed by ArchOwl

ArchOwl
11-21-2001, 06:26 AM
1
it was a typo and i was typing take item 1 because i was going to change it but you bought it too fast
2
no i will not give it back because your trying to gety me banned and jailed
3
you bought it yourself which is not illegal

spi
11-21-2001, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by Kasuagi
Usually I wouldn't post in the forums about something like this. But I thought I could trust someone like ArchOwl. But it appears that wasn't the case. He scammed me for 3500. If it was even 1k, i wouldn't care. But that is a lot of money! He told everyone he'd sell it for 350, I offered that. Then he takes the price from 400g and puts it up for 3500. This happen to me before with a Wizard hat for 1001g. Please do something. Plenty of witnesses can be called.

Thank you. Sorry for posting such an uneeded thread. I guess some people just don't understand the work that goes into making so much money and losing it so fast.

i think you deserve it, i heard you scammed pj for 1.8k or something

Torankusu_2002
11-21-2001, 06:29 AM
I doubt you will get it back.

Torankusu_2002
11-21-2001, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by spi


i think you deserve it, i heard you scammed pj for 1.8k or something he went "I QUITE"
hehe.

Kumada
11-21-2001, 06:33 AM
liek i spend 18k on hats

Spyder5782
11-21-2001, 06:39 AM
Your pretty stupid to keep giving him your money. I remember scamming people while i was in the Karakaze Troupe....good days

EFX
11-21-2001, 06:40 AM
archowl: 500g
kasuagi: lower it to 400
archowl: 400
kasuagi leaves
archowl follows
archowl: fine, 350!!!!
kasuagi: ok
archowl: 3500
kasuagi: buy item 1
kasuagi dies, scammed
archowl banned

everyone is happy.. zorro is on i think. i told him the story too!!

Kasuagi
11-21-2001, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by EFX
archowl: 500g
kasuagi: lower it to 400
archowl: 400
kasuagi leaves
archowl follows
archowl: fine, 350!!!!
kasuagi: ok
archowl: 3500
kasuagi: buy item 1
kasuagi dies, scammed
archowl banned

everyone is happy.. zorro is on i think. i told him the story too!!

Exactly. Who are you? I ran off to trade with some guy and he followed me and told me he'd sell for 350. So I came back and he put it up for 3500? That's not False Advertisment? Plus, if enough people argue and complain. Something has to be done.

He bought a bomy with my money. Now he has 1g. Why do I play this game?

Spyder5782
11-21-2001, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Kasuagi

Why do I play this game?
Do you think your doing everyone a favor by playing? You paid for your account, you can't take the money back, so quit. Don't act as if its a threat.

ArchOwl
11-21-2001, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by EFX
archowl: 500g
kasuagi: lower it to 400
archowl: 400
kasuagi leaves
archowl follows
archowl: fine, 350!!!!
kasuagi: ok
archowl: 3500
kasuagi: buy item 1
kasuagi dies, scammed
archowl banned

everyone is happy.. zorro is on i think. i told him the story too!!

if i was banned everyone wouldnt be happy
person wouldnt be happy = me

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-21-2001, 07:19 AM
You were banned?

ArchOwl
11-21-2001, 07:23 AM
no
if i was id be 50000x more madder

Raven
11-21-2001, 08:40 AM
It is not his problem if he puts it up at the market for alot and you buy it. I doubt you will ever see that money again so stop complaining.

Providence_Admin3
11-21-2001, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Kasuagi
Usually I wouldn't post in the forums about something like this. But I thought I could trust someone like ArchOwl. But it appears that wasn't the case. He scammed me for 3500. If it was even 1k, i wouldn't care. But that is a lot of money! He told everyone he'd sell it for 350, I offered that. Then he takes the price from 400g and puts it up for 3500. This happen to me before with a Wizard hat for 1001g. Please do something. Plenty of witnesses can be called.

Thank you. Sorry for posting such an uneeded thread. I guess some people just don't understand the work that goes into making so much money and losing it so fast.


Was it just sitting there for 3500...? If it was, and you genuinely looked at the price, it was your fault. If he just put it up and you said "Buy item 1," thinking it was for 350, that's a bit unfair.

Dilrod
11-21-2001, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Kasuagi
Usually I wouldn't post in the forums about something like this. But I thought I could trust someone like ArchOwl. But it appears that wasn't the case. He scammed me for 3500. If it was even 1k, i wouldn't care. But that is a lot of money! He told everyone he'd sell it for 350, I offered that. Then he takes the price from 400g and puts it up for 3500. This happen to me before with a Wizard hat for 1001g. Please do something. Plenty of witnesses can be called.

Thank you. Sorry for posting such an uneeded thread. I guess some people just don't understand the work that goes into making so much money and losing it so fast.
:roleeyes: like scamming PJ!

Frank
11-21-2001, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Providence_Admin3



Was it just sitting there for 3500...? If it was, and you genuinely looked at the price, it was your fault. If he just put it up and you said "Buy item 1," thinking it was for 350, that's a bit unfair. Arent you the one who bough an apple for 1000

konidias
11-21-2001, 09:13 AM
*sigh*

I doubt you will be getting it back.. the thing about most of these cases is that the person that got scammed exaggerates so they don't look like an idiot.

Look, you bought the item using your own free will. It was not forced upon you to by the item, you said "buy item #" and you bought it. If you were too careless to wait ONE SECOND to look at the price, then that's what you get.

PEOPLE GETTING SCAMMED AT MARKET:
STOP BLINDLY BUYING THINGS

Thank you

Frank
11-21-2001, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by konidias
*sigh*

I doubt you will be getting it back.. the thing about most of these cases is that the person that got scammed exaggerates so they don't look like an idiot.

Look, you bought the item using your own free will. It was not forced upon you to by the item, you said "buy item #" and you bought it. If you were too careless to wait ONE SECOND to look at the price, then that's what you get.

PEOPLE GETTING SCAMMED AT MARKET:
STOP BLINDLY BUYING THINGS

Thank you Yeahh thats all good and fun, but what if you gave ur pass to an accounts managaer he went on your account and ransacked it for everything

CloudStrife_2001
11-21-2001, 09:19 AM
Good, I am glad you got scammed for all the time you being going on efx and stealing hats, so good job archowl!

konidias
11-21-2001, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Frank
Yeahh thats all good and fun, but what if you gave ur pass to an accounts managaer he went on your account and ransacked it for everything

Then you still deserve it because you don't have to give your password to anyone.

Frank
11-21-2001, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by konidias


Then you still deserve it because you don't have to give your password to anyone. eh "Graalians the most decitful bastards around"

ArchOwl
11-21-2001, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by CloudStrife_2001
Good, I am glad you got scammed for all the time you being going on efx and stealing hats, so good job archowl!

othx:)

Pith
11-21-2001, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by konidias
*sigh*

I doubt you will be getting it back.. the thing about most of these cases is that the person that got scammed exaggerates so they don't look like an idiot.

Look, you bought the item using your own free will. It was not forced upon you to by the item, you said "buy item #" and you bought it. If you were too careless to wait ONE SECOND to look at the price, then that's what you get.

PEOPLE GETTING SCAMMED AT MARKET:
STOP BLINDLY BUYING THINGS

Thank you

hey nice hat.

Qwert616
11-21-2001, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Pith


hey nice hat.

*really wants that hat*
ah, i'll probably never get it anyway

Pith
11-21-2001, 09:38 AM
what's the problem?
you get money from scamming people and now you get scammed.just go and scam more people k?

ZanderX
11-21-2001, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Frank
eh "Graalians the most decitful bastards around"


eh "You're just stupid haha ohmy"...

You don't have to give your password to anyone, not even an admin. It's your fault if someone with an account manager tag "ransacked" your account.

Providence_Admin3
11-21-2001, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Frank
eh "Graalians the most decitful bastards around"

HEY IT'D BE NICE IF YOU COULD ACTUALLY SPELL.

ArchOwl
01-02-2002, 03:03 PM
lessthanzero

Kasuagi
01-02-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by ArchOwl
lessthanzero

ahhhh, no! i hate you, die, die, die... =(

this thread was posted when someone hacked my account, yeah that's it!

ArchOwl
01-02-2002, 03:09 PM
sowwy:(


i made this awesome level for you to cheer you up

Kasuagi
01-02-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by ArchOwl
sowwy:(


i made this awesome level for you to cheer you up

you just had to go revive this thread...