PDA

View Full Version : Look at the new Magnoria Space system!

T-Squad
11-18-2001, 08:25 AM
This has to do with graal, because, well, its just cool for everyone.

Go here to look at screens:

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=332697&t=7928#post332697

T-Squad
11-18-2001, 08:26 AM
*bump*

TDK_RC15
11-18-2001, 08:29 AM
cool, are those lighting effects or something else?

Faheria_LAT1
11-18-2001, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by TDK_RC15
cool, are those lighting effects or something else?

yes

konidias
11-18-2001, 08:31 AM
But can we say LAG?

Providence_Admin2
Originally posted by Faheria_LAT1

yes

if they're light effects, a good portion of us can have a lot of fun with a system-crashing bluescreen or possibly a black background.

translation: this most likely will not work under current circumstances.

TDK_RC15

yes doh :(
NOc4me

T-Squad
11-18-2001, 08:32 AM
haha....you are completely wrong. Its like the starfield script everyone has seen, it uses showimg, and everything is stored within arrays. Its COMPELTELY non-laggy, and I already had 3 people test it.

Providence_Admin2
11-18-2001, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by TDK_RC15
doh :(
NOc4me

I could see them in 2.05, but 2.1 is nothing but bluescreens.

Providence_Admin2
11-18-2001, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by T-Squad
haha....you are completely wrong. Its like the starfield script everyone has seen, it uses showimg, and everything is stored within arrays. Its COMPELTELY non-laggy, and I already had 3 people test it.

Nevermind, then. It'll work.

Faheria_LAT1
11-18-2001, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Providence_Admin2

if they're light effects, a good portion of us can have a lot of fun with a system-crashing bluescreen or possibly a black background.

translation: this most likely will not work under current circumstances.

Offline would be fine, but online.. many would crash o_O That's why I prefer the way TB3 made his spaceship simulation ;)

the red thingy is a meteor btw :p

konidias
11-18-2001, 08:34 AM
LOL and what about people with no lighting effects? Please tell me how it would not cause slowdown, you have hundreds of lights in that one square of level.. birdbirds levels on 2001 make me lag and even made STEFAN lag and he never lags. :p

Yes birdbirds lights are clientside so yours couldn't be any better.

Faheria_LAT1
11-18-2001, 08:35 AM

ok!

Raven
11-18-2001, 08:36 AM
HAHA lights done lag me up because of the power of cable!

Faheria_LAT1
11-18-2001, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Raven
HAHA lights done lag me up because of the power of cable!

Cable doesn't change a thing about Clientside lights, but anyways, I don't lag at all in the UG lake and I know some people still lag in there even with cable.

Jerom
11-18-2001, 08:42 AM

Cable doesn't change a thing about Clientside lights, but anyways, I don't lag at all in the UG lake and I know some people still lag in there even with cable.
If people think they lag just because of their internet speed, then they deserve to be hit by a speeding car.

Faheria_LAT1
11-18-2001, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Jerom

If people think they lag just because of their internet speed, then they deserve to be hit by a speeding car.

*is driving the car* :D

One thing's for sure, Lagging on Graal is caused by your computer, because currently, my ISP is having technical difficulties, I can't acces Battle.net, magewar.com and other site.. even microsoft.com isn't responding but graal is lagless o_O

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
11-18-2001, 09:18 AM
If you want your computer to crash, by all means go to Birdbird's house

T-Squad
11-18-2001, 11:08 AM
Konidious do you know anything about scripting? You must not, because apparently you don't know what an array is. The nebula is simply a more advanced starfield script. Nothing more. It doesn't lag WHAT SO EVER, because it isn't the "common" light effect. Its show image with its color changed, and alpha blending, not extra NPC, not anything like that.

Jerom
11-18-2001, 11:31 AM
Konidious do you know anything about scripting? You must not, because apparently you don't know what an array is. The nebula is simply a more advanced starfield script. Nothing more. It doesn't lag WHAT SO EVER, because it isn't the "common" light effect. Its show image with its color changed, and alpha blending, not extra NPC, not anything like that.
Free eye-candy for everyone!

Brad2
11-18-2001, 11:34 AM
your helping W Dragoon Soul?

T-Squad
11-18-2001, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Brad2
your helping W Dragoon Soul?

Yes....

T-Squad
11-18-2001, 12:16 PM
hmm...next thing i think I will make is a 3d type thing...yes...i got it in my head...

T-Squad
11-18-2001, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Jerom

Free eye-candy for everyone!
hehe thats pretty cool, you make it?

T-Squad
11-18-2001, 01:14 PM
*bump*

Faheria_GP2
11-18-2001, 01:38 PM
I made some fun eye candy once, but i deleted the level, it looked so cool too

BeZeRkEr
11-18-2001, 02:19 PM
alt+enter maximizes the screen and the lag go bye bye
i can go through birdbird's light-filled levels lag-free

psihunter
11-18-2001, 02:39 PM
Lovely
Dunno how Graal2230 is going to bet that

And yet another space server coming about...Well there goes my uniqueness to the whole Space Project

Oh well =X

T-Squad
11-18-2001, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by psihunter
Lovely
Dunno how Graal2230 is going to bet that

And yet another space server coming about...Well there goes my uniqueness to the whole Space Project

Oh well =X

lol...sorry. I'm just helping W-Dragoon on his PW...so it wasn't my idea. Although it was pretty fun making that whole space stuff...the inertia is pretty cool.

W-Dragoon's PW is more with mechs and stuff, I think. So if yours is based more around space ships, you shouldn't have a problem...

psihunter
11-18-2001, 02:52 PM
We will be having
Space Trade
Space/Land terrians
Company wars
All that good stuff >=)
All packed in with a nicely fit title of
Graal2230: The Space Adventure!

"DOOOD WHERES MEH STARSNIP!"

T-Squad
11-18-2001, 02:55 PM
We will be having
Space Trade
Space/Land terrians
Company wars
All that good stuff >=)
All packed in with a nicely fit title of
Graal2230: The Space Adventure!

"DOOOD WHERES MEH STARSNIP!"
Woah thats a cool ship....

If only graal had a rotate image command....

psihunter
11-18-2001, 02:57 PM

Woah thats a cool ship....

If only graal had a rotate image command....

It does but Stefan says it looks ugly doing it =X

Heres another =X

T-Squad
11-18-2001, 02:58 PM
Heh well Ghost Pirate, I will help you on something you need...I'm best with "scenary scripting" and special effects ;). I could maybe make a cool light speed travel effect or something...just PM me with something you need done and I will see if I can do it.

maybe a cool purpolsion thing, with a cool effect with flames based on ship movement...

psihunter
11-18-2001, 03:03 PM
Heh well Ghost Pirate, I will help you on something you need...I'm best with "scenary scripting" and special effects ;). I could maybe make a cool light speed travel effect or something...just PM me with something you need done and I will see if I can do it.

maybe a cool purpolsion thing, with a cool effect with flames based on ship movement...

Yeah engine thrust

prototype sprite set

We do need a space levels
I'll be drawing up some star systems soon
As for a type of "warp" travel
Its called Magnetic Engines

Using Magnetic streams found within space-time a starship capable of using these engines can charge them to create a magnetic wormhole >=)

T-Squad
11-18-2001, 11:32 PM

Yeah engine thrust

prototype sprite set

We do need a space levels
I'll be drawing up some star systems soon
As for a type of "warp" travel
Its called Magnetic Engines

Using Magnetic streams found within space-time a starship capable of using these engines can charge them to create a magnetic wormhole >=)

Sounds pretty cool, I will see what I can do.