PDA

View Full Version : Errr...

freddyfox
03-12-2001, 11:09 AM
I was just taking a lovely walk through the servers, and I have only one question:
WHAT THE HECK DID YOU GET HIT BY AND HAVE SERIOUS BRAIN DAMAGE FROM LINK?
I was on one of the servers... there's an NPC from Valikorlia as well as several classes, it's horribly linked, the quests are easy, the weapons are powerful, there's even an NPC that refills your magic for FREE! Come on Link!
Then there's the new server, "Ashreum" or something.... It's a big box with one town and pathetic levels. No NPC's, not even a quest to do.

So WHY is Link letting all these playerworlds on? Bribery? Death Threats? Blackmail? Legal Threats? What?

Lion'el-Jonson
03-12-2001, 12:10 PM
I know how you feel TGF...I know how you feel.

grim_squeaker_x
03-12-2001, 07:27 PM
Coasta de Agua is Link's playerworld, and he thinks it's good. 'nuff said?

Lycia
03-12-2001, 08:24 PM
I don't think a player server owner should be the one to determine a player servers fate.

Its not fair.

grim_squeaker_x
03-12-2001, 08:26 PM
Yup, we need someone from the LAT or something who hasn't got his own PW to judge if they are good enough or not. Plus all of them servers should be checekd once a month at least to see if they have something new.

Lycia
03-12-2001, 08:29 PM
Not even the LAT.

grim_squeaker_x
03-12-2001, 08:31 PM
How about Stefan Knorr, Christopher Sohns (Galen) and Stéphane Portha (Unixmad) checking it? BTW, I'm weird I know the real names of Graal Online staff members.

S;ightly edited unixmad's real name so that it's completely right ^^

Lycia
03-12-2001, 08:33 PM
Stéphane Portha plis.

Lion'el-Jonson
03-12-2001, 11:48 PM
They should also change the rule of send them your BEST 2 levels with some NPCs...

Tyhm
03-13-2001, 01:09 AM
Yeah, not LAT, we're too busy as it is!

Besides, Lycia's still bitter we wouldn't kick Fox out and make her the instant leader even after she got a vote she had no right to call for, and lost...

I say a PW Team. Link, that "newbie" guy that coordinates PW Projects or whatever, hire some players that actually KNOW what's good v. what sucks...

freddyfox
03-13-2001, 01:15 AM
That's why I'm saying Tyhm... if he's accepting all these playerworlds that really stink on the basis he knows jack squat about good levels.

Lycia
03-13-2001, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Yeah, not LAT, we're too busy as it is!

Besides, Lycia's still bitter we wouldn't kick Fox out and make her the instant leader even after she got a vote she had no right to call for, and lost...

I say a PW Team. Link, that "newbie" guy that coordinates PW Projects or whatever, hire some players that actually KNOW what's good v. what sucks...

As I recall, NightLord was going to make me head levels admin, but I decided to return to the "other place."

Tyhm
03-13-2001, 04:44 AM
Um, let's see here....
Nightlord chose Jalen, then changed his mind and chose Fox...
You came in and said you should lead....
Nightlord said okay, then oh wait, I should check with the staff...we told him in no uncertain terms that he couldn't just change his mind this late in the game...
He talked to you, you wanted us to vote on it, he said fine, you said no wait, I would NEVER allow that....you lost by like 7:3...and then you went to Olorin, saying (and I quote, albeit poorly) "If Olorin wants me to be the head of LAT then I will be."

A meeting was called, we all sat there for hours until it became clear that neither Olorin nor Nightlord had any intention of showing up, you got offered a place on G2K1 and quit (further demonstrating your priorities), then Fox got Head LAT and I wrote up a charter so you couldn't pull another stunt like that again.

Lycia
03-13-2001, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
I wrote up a charter so you couldn't pull another stunt like that again.

The charter means diddly. If Stefan came to Galen tomorrow and said that he wanted The Game to be head levels admin, that would be the end of it. Stefan has the last word on anything relating to Graal, so your little charter means jack.

Hawk
03-13-2001, 05:07 PM
Well, you both have good points.
Tyhm, I remember that all.

grim_squeaker_x
03-13-2001, 08:37 PM
I have no idea how it actually is, and frankly I don't really care, Fox was Classic's levels admin, he's quit, and now Tyhm is Classic's levels admin, that's just how it is and you can't get him fired except if you have really good proof that he isn't dong his job right and frankly I think Tyhm is doing a god job on classic.

Tyhm
03-14-2001, 04:05 AM
This is true. It even says at the bottom, this charter does not apply to the 3 top admins, since they outrank us all anyway and have FTP...they can also make special exceptions TO the charter, but these are the rules we default to absent their guidance.

However, I would hope our benevolent admins are above hiring their friends and firing the senior staff to do it.

ReBBisH
03-15-2001, 05:28 AM
NL asked me to be the Levels Admin before Fox so get your story straight Tyhm ;) Lycia is also right about one thing, Stefan is the ultimate say in Graal, No if's and's or buts...

http://www.hyperspacehq.com/rebsig.gif

Tyhm
03-15-2001, 10:39 PM
(Thinks he knows ReBBish by another name)