PDA

View Full Version : Staff Accounts on Forum

Boozy_Bravo
11-04-2001, 05:39 AM
I was wondering why the staff of a PW, P2P or Free should get an account to use on the forums. I don't think that they should get a free one while the rest of us have to pay.
Well, yes the owner and possibly Co Owner should. So that they can post news on their PW.
What do you think?

Loriel
11-04-2001, 05:41 AM
Nope.
Just let only people post here with adminworlds='all'.

Lyndzey
11-04-2001, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Boozy_Bravo
I was wondering why the staff of a PW, P2P or Free should get an account to use on the forums. I don't think that they should get a free one while the rest of us have to pay.
Well, yes the owner and possibly Co Owner should. So that they can post news on their PW.
What do you think?

Most of the Owners/Co Owners are semi-*****ic.

Faheria_LAT1
11-04-2001, 05:44 AM
Originally posted by Lyndzey

Most of the Owners/Co Owners are semi-*****ic.

True.

ZanderX
11-04-2001, 05:46 AM
I personally think they should. Some staff members don't have Pay accounts, and thus have no way to communicate with paying members of Graal or forum users to say things and so forth...Some of them might not want to pay, and we certainly can't make them pay for forum use!

Reiko_Lonja
11-04-2001, 05:49 AM
The owners should be allowed to post in the playa worlds bit

Boozy_Bravo
11-04-2001, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX
I personally think they should. Some staff members don't have Pay accounts, and thus have no way to communicate with paying members of Graal or forum users to say things and so forth...Some of them might not want to pay, and we certainly can't make them pay for forum use!
Well then maybe the whole staff should be able to post in the PlayerWorld Forum.

Lyndzey
11-04-2001, 05:51 AM
If we do this...we would have people from Delteria and Dino Valley posting.

ZanderX
11-04-2001, 05:52 AM

Well then maybe the whole staff should be able to post in the PlayerWorld Forum.

Yeah. But then we're restricting people in a stupid way. People who have access to the forums should be able to have access to all of the standard forums and faculties that the rest of us have.

Boozy_Bravo
11-04-2001, 05:53 AM
If we do this...we would have people from Delteria and Dino Valley posting.
Well I mainly was thinking of people from Pay servers. But then again, people on Enigma are allowed to use their accounts on the forum.

ZanderX
11-04-2001, 05:54 AM

Well I mainly was thinking of people from Pay servers. But then again, people on Enigma are allowed to use their accounts on the forum.

Good point.

Staff from pay or quality servers should be allowed to post as far as the staff account situation goes, and that's it.

Lyndzey
11-04-2001, 05:54 AM
Do you guys really want 57328058320542 threads saying "DELTERIA DOES NOT SUCK!!!!11"

Boozy_Bravo
11-04-2001, 05:55 AM

Yeah. But then we're restricting people in a stupid way. People who have access to the forums should be able to have access to all of the standard forums and faculties that the rest of us have.
But we have payed for our accounts. That's why I thought that it would be a good idea to give them a forum in which to post news about their PW.

ZanderX
11-04-2001, 05:56 AM

But we have payed for our accounts. That's why I thought that it would be a good idea to give them a thread in which to post news about their PW.

Give them their own forum to do that, then. This forum is for people who play Graal, staff play Graal just as much as the players do.

Lyndzey
11-04-2001, 05:56 AM

Good point.

Staff from pay or quality servers should be allowed to post as far as the staff account situation goes, and that's it.

But Pay servers can post.

ZanderX
11-04-2001, 05:57 AM

But Pay servers can post.

Yeah. But some non-pay servers can, too (see: Enigma)

Boozy_Bravo
11-04-2001, 05:59 AM

Yeah. But some non-pay servers can, too (see: Enigma)
But that's because once they were P2P I think. And when Mithica goes free they will be able to post too.

ZanderX
11-04-2001, 06:01 AM

But that's because once they were P2P I think. And when Mithica goes free they will be able to post too.

Who knows. They register as p2p accounts for the forums, and when the server goes non-p2p, the forum will no longer register them as paid accounts, most likely.

Boozy_Bravo
11-04-2001, 06:04 AM

Who knows. They register as p2p accounts for the forums, and when the server goes non-p2p, the forum will no longer register them as paid accounts, most likely.
But then why can Enigma accounts post?
There's nothing special or anything that would make the staff of that server need access to the forums.

Lyndzey
11-04-2001, 06:08 AM
i think at least one staff from every server has a staff account.

11-04-2001, 06:08 AM
But if Playerworld staff couldn't post, Sisok couldn't! DEAR GOD! YOU ARE DEPRIVING SISOK OF THE FORUMS! =D He'd die of withdrawal!!

Loriel
11-04-2001, 06:17 AM
The server goes non-p2p, but not the accounts, they are not p2p just because the server is p2p, they are upgraded by Stefan (for ~32 years I think).

Jerom
11-04-2001, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Loriel

The server goes non-p2p, but the accounts are not p2p if the server is p2p, they are upgraded by Stefan (for ~32 years I think).
If you said 32 years...which I think you did say... why oh whyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYY would they need it that long?!?!?

grim_squeaker_x
11-04-2001, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Jerom

If you said 32 years...which I think you did say... why oh whyyyyyyyyyyyyyYYYYYY would they need it that long?!?!? I think Stefan just wants to make sure he'll never have to upgrade them again.

James205
Why let them have a forum account? They get free access while we have to pay to post. They can e-mail the pw team/Stefan, they don't need to post here. They are not paying, for these forums you have to have a upgraded account. I could easily get a account on a p2p playerworld and post here. Like when accounts are banned, they just use those accounts. No they shouldn't be able to post unless they upgrade there account.

Loriel
So lazy Stefan does not have to re-upgrade it?
It only affects the [name]_[pw] accounts, which are restricted to their world, so it does not matter for us non-pw-staff-but-still-upgraded-people besides on the boards.

psihunter
11-04-2001, 06:22 AM
Staff accounts should ONLY work on Playerworld forums

If they want to post on the boards at a whole
They have to pay for it like the rest of us