PDA

View Full Version : Bomy Pet Breeding?

Zulithe
04-19-2001, 05:28 PM
A new way to make money...? If you have more than one bomy pet and own (rent) a home you can set up a breeding pen or something and breed them, sell the offspring for cash! Of course if this happened it would need to be very very difficult (or take a very long time) for you to have an actual bomy to sell.

And you would not be able to call on your bomy pets (can't use 'bomy o bomy') until they are done breeding and raising the young bomy. Once the one bomy reaches say, 9 weeks old in Graal Time it will be old enough to sell? Perhaps longer, as 9 Graal weeks may not be long enough.

Just an idea!

Hulk Hogan
04-19-2001, 06:21 PM
Maybe if you have a house and 2 bomys then you could breed bomys.....but they wouldn't be good bomys because Stefan didn't make them with his all mighty power and the bomy dies after like 2 Graal Months or something like that.....so you could sell temp bomys to people then breed more and sell more temp bomys when the others die ;-) just an idea i got from yours ......

Zulithe
04-19-2001, 06:47 PM
Thanks for replying. And yeah you are probably right, it would breed more of a "temp" bomy or something? G2K1 is already overcrowded with NPC bomys as it is! You can't go anywhere without seeing them walking around aimlessly. Personally I think we need more NPC humans walking around (other than the now cliche' Police) How about a Graal Ranger, he is an NPC that is programmed to walk ALL over Graal. He has set paths, he will walk from one town to the next, to the next, to the next, and will take breaks fishing, sitting on a chair, etc. No doubt it would be one of the most complex NPCs but think of how cool ^_^

Maybe he sells/buys items from you and part of the catch is that you have to find him! He's always on the move!

Tyhm
04-20-2001, 04:07 AM
Err, that sounds wrong.

If Bomys are sentient, breeding and selling their offspring would be a step down from slavery.

Personally, I don't think Bomys should be players AND pets...one or the other, but not both. You're bound to get a lot of these issues. A Bomy player trying to get it on with a human's pet...and what happens when a Bomy player buys a Bomy pet? Can they, even?

GexGecko
04-20-2001, 05:30 AM
Dey can. But shouldn't bomys lay eggs? They're not platypuses, so they're reptiles. Watching your bomy hatch it's egg would be nice.

SSmutz
04-20-2001, 06:17 AM
Yea, well if humans are going to breed bomys, bomys should breed humans >=P

Tyhm
04-20-2001, 07:10 AM
That would be cool...slave girl auctions...^_~

Noo, maybe not...
Maybe Bomys are an entirely different breed from Bomy Pets. Bomy players are the dominant speciews on the Bomy planet, and Bomy pets are their livestock. They look the same to humans, but Bomys think there's a HUGE difference!

Bomy players can't mate with Bomy pets, Bomy pets can mate with Bomy pets....I guess that'd work...

And Bomys can have Bomy pets, Bomy pets are like the Bomy dogs...they just LOOK just like Bomy players.

FatherDante
04-20-2001, 07:22 AM
I think this is just too much of a way to make rich people REALLY rich.

SSmutz
04-20-2001, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by FatherDante
I think this is just too much of a way to make rich people REALLY rich.

I agree.

Anyway, I dun like the idea of having Bomy Pets in the first place. It represents slavery in a way. And people think that humans are the dominate race =(. Also, the only players that actually have bomy pets are the staff (just like houses) cuz they get all the money.

Nai
04-20-2001, 07:45 AM
That would be fun! But, How about you get a Baby Bomy and sometimes you dont.

Zulithe
04-20-2001, 01:13 PM
Bomy pets are here to stay. If you are offended and think it similar to slavery then go cry to Stefan, that is not what this thread is about.

I don't even own a Bomy pet, heck I don't even really like Bomys in the first place, just trying to think of something fun for the rich people to do. Once you have like 1000 gralat its not like theres much else you can do with your money but set back and wait for the next new items or whatever to come out. This way they can actually produce something, add some new aspects to the game, and sell them to make a profit, everyones happy.

And I do think Bomys would lay eggs, it makes the most sense and would be cooler that way.

04-20-2001, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by SSmutz

I agree.

Anyway, I dun like the idea of having Bomy Pets in the first place. It represents slavery in a way. And people think that humans are the dominate race =(. Also, the only players that actually have bomy pets are the staff (just like houses) cuz they get all the money.

hahaha thats great... lol

The white man is bringing the Bomy down.

grim_squeaker_x
04-20-2001, 07:49 PM
Actually come to think of it, if bomy pets have offspring there will be more bomys, when there are more bomys the value of bomys will go down because they are less rare.

psihunter
04-20-2001, 10:46 PM
thats sort of like capturing bomys raising them or taking there shell and the pulp and sell it to someone shell for a protection like tool and pulp to eat =)

Psyker
04-21-2001, 08:35 AM
I don't think that's a good idea... if it were to be implemented, I think bomy pets would live a life, then die. (during its life you feed it, take it for walks, blah blah blah)

Olorin
04-21-2001, 09:35 AM
hmm not a half bad idea, they could like mate and become pregnet and then like a few days later there is one new bomy baby and you have to take it and sell it to a store maybe?

fugitive316
04-22-2001, 01:57 AM
I like the whole "buying slave girl" idea. :)

Tyhm
04-22-2001, 04:07 AM
Hee hee, naughty thoughts about Graalian lurv slaves aside, Bomy Pets constitutes slavery. Both Bomys and Humans are subsets of Players, so they're similar...Bomy Pets are like Human Pets. If Human Pets is wrong, Bomy Pets is wrong, and any other playable race as pets is wrong.
But like I said earlier, if the Bomy Pets are actually a completely different race that just LOOK like Bomys, that's alright...It'd be like if aliens came here and saw we have little monkeys for pets....they're thinking it's slavery, because one bipedal primate looks the same as the next to them, but naw, it's completely different...
*shrugs* Thoughts? Are Bomy Pets non-player Bomys, or are they really Domy Pets?

fugitive316
04-22-2001, 06:21 AM
Good point. Maybe instead of bomys, people can have cats, dogs, etc as pets. Maybe even maids and butlers (of course I have to mention maids hehe).

Back to the slavery thing! :)

Falcor
04-24-2001, 09:24 AM
if you knew the aspects of an NPC server youd understand that none of it is posible, at least not to my knowledge. BOmy pets must be manually created through the NPC server =\

Oh and I made Pets on Tempest of Time, Want to rent-apet for 15 mins while I set up the acually ones. There are 4 Rent-a-pets online.. Lol.. Maybe NM can have Rent a bomy! lol! now theres an Idea worth doing.

Psyker
04-24-2001, 09:27 AM
So that's why Godspeed got mad at me once for asking him to upload the new bomies.

Anyways, rent-a-bomy would be neat.

GexGecko
04-25-2001, 08:44 PM
There be bomy PLAYERS breeding? :D that'd be cool! Then they'd BOTH own the NPC bomy offspring!