PDA

View Full Version : IS SPIDER THE BSET EVER?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Huggles
06-06-2001, 09:34 AM
www.geocities.com/captin_usa/Nothar.txt

Im personaly detailing all levels.... We have a scripters, Goku JF is main...

Stefan if you can help us script our boats to travel zones and really dock places that would be great......

Supporting Us,
King Clops and all of Baddies
Goku JF
Captain USA
Kain

Admins
06-06-2001, 09:48 AM
Oh an oldbie server?
Are you needing boats like the fisher boat
or do you better want to wait till I have added
the attach-object-to-object thing (where you can
move on the boat) ?

XilosTinsu
06-06-2001, 09:50 AM
OFF Subject but stefan where did you get your sig, is that Graal3D?

Admins
06-06-2001, 09:51 AM
Yes combination of Graal3D beta 2 and 3,
but geshtar & co are making very cool new
actor models that will beat my simple ninji
body&head

Lyndzey8000
06-06-2001, 10:21 AM
Oh an oldbie server?
Are you needing boats like the fisher boat
or do you better want to wait till I have added
the attach-object-to-object thing (where you can
move on the boat) ?

COOL! People might actually pay for the boat now =P

Huggles
06-06-2001, 02:00 PM
Il prefer to wait..... We want to get all levels detailed and done... Then we will focus on scripting our boats....... Thats our main importance as scripts....

Then we will add the quest npcs and then the races.... and if we feel up to it.... We will add classes....

I do plan on adding classes eventualy... I do not want to haste on my work making it messy......... =-)

freddyfox
06-06-2001, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Huggles

Supporting Us,
King Clops and all of Baddies
Goku JF
Captain USA
Kain
Vermain who made the whole freaking story

sandin
06-07-2001, 12:25 AM
i am the face monster, roar!

www.stinkybear.cjb.net/spos

Huggles
06-07-2001, 12:49 AM
Sorry vermain..... Forgot you put you in the credit...... Vermain made a GREAT story..... hes a great staff member and will be cherished..... BUT HES ALL MINE NOW!$!*#$*@#*%[email protected]

This is his Amazing Story he came up with.....
-----------------------------
STORY
When the creation of the many wonderous worlds in the universe began, a seemingly calm world that was known by the angelic bodies as Nothar. There were many gods that fought over the worlds, and eventually, several gods made their way to Nothar. The first to arrive was a woman by the name of Mana, and she created the continents and blessed this world with the ability of mana. She created the elves, magical creatures who adored the forest. The next god who came, Harlander, created the humans who were deposited on the biggest continent, which had no name at that moment. The humans, as they evolved, eventually named that continent Aonitar. They set up settlements in the North, East, and South. However, this planet could not go without seeing some sort of war. Eventually, the world attracted the likes of the evil demon Daemon, god of Terror. He created the orcs, powerful beings with magical properties. He also created the Bugs, odd humanoid creatures that were bread for war. From the living earth, he sculpted the islands of Grogg, which were inhabited by the Bugs and others of his evil creations. The other races were appalled by the newest races, and fled in terror from their sharp swords. The humans eventually crafted ships, and they sailed off from Aonitar. The first boat eventually arrived at the continent known as Dakfay, inhabited by the elves and the orcs. The elves taught the humans about magical powers, and the humans eventually learned how to use the powerful destructive force known as magic. The second boat that sailed went to the very cold north. Everyone except for 20 people and the leader of the ship, Argoth, died from the extreme frostbitten conditions. However, Daemon saw an opprotunity and offered to build a city for them and give them great magical powers in exchange for their souls. They agreed, and exchanged their wills for a city and great magic. Argoth had such great powers, he managed to keep the city warm while the outside remainded cold.

Now, here you are today, as more and more islands are being discovered. The Bugs are in continued conflict with the humans and the elves, while they continue construction on their grand palace. The elves still reside on Dakfay, while some have travelled to the human settlements. The orcs continue to lay waste to the beautiful Dakfay Forests. The sorcerers to the north in the frozen lands continue to worship the powerful Daemon, and are in constant battle with an unknown enemy to the west. The humans continue their arcane studies and set up marvelous cities. In this age of grand design, you are a mere soul. But what you do not know, is that your mere soul could change the very future of the world...

The year is now around 1856 A.D (After Daemon)
The Humans have now created 3 major cities. One in the North, East, and West.
The elves have created a city in the trees and now are in constant battles with the smelly orcs.
The Northern Sorcerers have gained super magics, but are not known about..... yet
The Bugs have crafted a grand palace to honor their leader, King Klaknek.
Many new races have come. To the far West, several meteorites have crashed, and out have crawled strange creatures known to the humans as "Bomy's"
Daemon has created a large palace known as Ragnor Rock and now resides there.
The many humans who have learned magic now study more vigoura

We will base Nothar on this story hes also coming up with stories for the bomys and the bugs, The Giants and the humans, The 2 dragons that take 10 people or more to kill that drop a heart and only reappear once per week.... if not killed will despawn......

Heres the Cyclops story he made....

--------------------------
Cyclops's are one eyed creatures that live far out on Grogg. They have immense physical strength and can use magical attacks. Their leader, King Clops, is the only cyclops that has a horn, which symbolizes he is king.

They are, however, in constant conflicts with the giants, since they believe they're the only "true" race that is desired on Nothar. Not much history is recorded, since they have no written language and are not known to outsiders.

The humans and elves often trade goods and battle tactics between eachother. The elves exchange magic scrolls for finely crafted human weapons such as swords and bows.

Not many wars have started in the past 600 years, since many of Daemon's forces were drawn back. Argoth and his group of humans, devoted to Daemon have little or no concern for the other races, except for the ones to the west of them.

Not all is peaceful though, as Daemon's troops patrol the continents, waiting for the time to strike. The orcs constantly attack the elves with their magic and weapons. The Bugs become more powerful and skilled everyday, and are the most common patrollers. Daemon continues to sprinkle the lands with monsters of his own design. Even the once peaceful animals now turn and snarl when a creature draws near. It is a time of fear, and only with strength will the lighter races survive the brutality of Daemon.

-----------------------------

Now heres the recruitment text I made......

Currently We are mainly looking for Duengen Designers, Scripters and GFX makers mainly.... So if you apply for a different job dont get your hopes up but if your good and talented I will hire you.

Jobs that are Opened:
ICQ: 82368987 (Note: If you dont want a job and just want my icq you will be put on ignore unless some one told you my ICQ or you need to talk to me)

Story Designers: Main Story Designer Taken, Assistant Story Designer job is open and then the regular Story Designer job is open...

Level Designers: You will make houses, castles insides, and add detail.

Scripters: As of now we have Goku (A great scripter) but he cannot script the entire world by him self so.

Duengen Designers: You need to be creative, need a interest in puzzles, mazes, etc.

GFX Makers: If you decide to help me make GFX I would love it, you would help make race bodies, weapons, armor, etc.

Now let me describe what I plan for my PW

Nothar will be a world unlike others we wont have a intro you will just start with which race you picked... We plan to make dragons that take 10 people to kill.... Quests that will be challenging.. Real tailoring and blacksmithing.. meaning you wont get body3.png without tailoring or blacksmithing it.

This wont be exactly roleplay server but try to roleplay a little atleast. PKing will be allowed ofcourse.

This playerworld includes 5 continents... 5+duengens
If your a good level designer you can be assigned to work on a continent personally.

We have beta phases
Beta 1-Level Design and Detail
Beta 2-Inside houses, towns, castles
Beta 3-Take storyline and script quests by storyline and so on
Beta 4-Adding the races, classes
Beta 5-Finishing touches and release of Nothar
------------------
We got alot of work before we put it online like other PWs =-)

------------------
So far we got as our crew. We hope you can join us!
Goku (JF)
Kain
King Clops
Captain USA
Vermain
Merlin
Chris Rubeus
Devine (Baddies)
Draco
Beowulf
-----------------
And Many others that contribute items, scripts, graphics, levels for us.......

Huggles
06-07-2001, 11:06 AM
Argh

Bomy player race is not allowed? I would like to talk to you sometime on Icq stefan..... We made a giant cave for bomys and bugs and they are at war and well its all neato ^_^

Macens
06-07-2001, 12:50 PM
Um, I would like to try-out for a LAT job on Nothar. It sounds very interesting and I think you can get somewhere with it.

Neonight
06-12-2001, 10:51 PM
Most of you should know this by now, but for those of you who don't:

All of the new playerworld servers. (Ter 'Dial,Dark Legions,Mystic Lands, and I think 1 more) are coming up with the new graal update. This will be Graal 2.04 (If I am correct) so I hope Geovanie sees this! Anyway, read my post about Mystic Lands!

Ne0Night "Ne0Nyght"

Neonight
06-12-2001, 10:53 PM
My bad. Mystic lands was RENAMED Dark Legions. Sorry :rolleyes:

activeconvict
06-12-2001, 10:57 PM
Hmm..

supersaiyanboo2
06-12-2001, 10:58 PM
BAH! U FORGOT AURORIA :) (no joke..)

Neonight
06-12-2001, 11:08 PM
:eek: Sorry! Hmmmmm yes hmmmmm somehow even tho I clicked submit threat 1 time.... it added 2. -_- Oh yea. When our server reaches 60 people (non-p2p demo of Dark Legion) I am going to give away:

1. A full 1 year pay to play account.
2. A bomy forever on Dark Legion
3. Honorary staff for 1 week as any job that you want with RC, but not FTP.

Sorry. If you win you can't be Head Admin,Co-Owner,Owner-GP Chief, etc. More like GP,LAT,NAT, and FAQ. RC will be at level one. Please give this address to this threat to everyone you know and tell them to get a p2p account so they can post here and even play on all servers. Thanks!

Ne0Nyght (Co-owner,Owner Dark Legion)

supersaiyanboo2
06-12-2001, 11:11 PM
AURORIA AND ALL OTHER SERVERS ROCK :D

-=Nil$=- (Owner of Auroria)

activeconvict
06-12-2001, 11:21 PM
OH YEAH DUDE, MIDDLE EARTH WILL r0x0r YOUR s0x0rz

supersaiyanboo2
06-12-2001, 11:26 PM
lol what is ur prob?

-=Nil$=- (Owner of Auroria)

Kaimetsu
06-12-2001, 11:28 PM
2. A bomy forever on Dark Legion

Stefan should ban playerworlds from using bomies.

Neonight
06-12-2001, 11:39 PM
Sorry again. Apparently I didn't make this clear. You have to be online at the time and on the server. When it reaches 60 people then I will double click someone's name. They win and I send the message!

Neonight
06-12-2001, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by la-la-la
u might as well make it level 3 rc and ftp and ne staff position cuz no new servers r eva gonna hit 60

Tell Graal3000 that James/Nate whichever one uses that account. Maybe you're right. Maybe you're wrong. This server is the most NPC Advanced server on Graal. Higher than Graal2001. We have Rodeos,pinball,parks, hosting shows, trivia palaces, and more. We have flamethrowers. Does any other server have that? I don't think so. The server isn't p2p for a while. It has weather and day/night. This IS going to end up as a p2p server so there CAN be bomys/bomies. I'm sorry. I've never heard of Middle Earth. Should I know about it? I've heard of Auroria and from what I've seen it looks pretty good! :D Congrats Niles!

Kaimetsu
06-12-2001, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Neonight

Tell Graal3000 that James/Nate whichever one uses that account. Maybe you're right. Maybe you're wrong. This server is the most NPC Advanced server on Graal. Higher than Graal2001.

I could script everything you mentioned and I'm sure Stefan could. I'll wager you couldn't manage the railroad tracks, though.

Neonight
06-12-2001, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

I could script everything you mentioned and I'm sure Stefan could. I'll wager you couldn't manage the railroad tracks, though.

I'll make ya the bet then. Script a whole new bomy,flamethrower, make ALL of the custom gifs that I have made, make 57 new bomy gifs, (not sent in yet), make the day/night work WITHOUT the overworld NPC server. THEN AND ONLY THEN will I believe you can do it. OO yea while ur at it make the swingset and the whole park! Hell! Even make the pinball! Go script a brand new bank system. Over 700 lines of scripting in a bank system. See if you can make it in 2 hours. I'd like to see ya try.

freddyfox
06-12-2001, 11:57 PM

I'll make ya the bet then. Script a whole new bomy,flamethrower, make ALL of the custom gifs that I have made, make 57 new bomy gifs, (not sent in yet), make the day/night work WITHOUT the overworld NPC server. THEN AND ONLY THEN will I believe you can do it. OO yea while ur at it make the swingset and the whole park! Hell! Even make the pinball! Go script a brand new bank system. Over 700 lines of scripting in a bank system. See if you can make it in 2 hours. I'd like to see ya try.

700 LINES?

KYLE IS GOING TO GO INTO SEIZURE MODE!

Neonight
06-13-2001, 12:01 AM
Yea lol over 700. I believe scripting can only hold about 1000. =/
The Ninja Night made it. You see, bomys/bomies walk over stuff if there isn't an NPC server online. :(

Kaimetsu
06-13-2001, 12:05 AM

I'll make ya the bet then. Script a whole new bomy,flamethrower, make ALL of the custom gifs that I have made, make 57 new bomy gifs, (not sent in yet), make the day/night work WITHOUT the overworld NPC server. THEN AND ONLY THEN will I believe you can do it.

You idiot. Try to do research on the people you diss, please. You have no idea how good I am, or you wouldn't have issued that challenge.

And what have gifs to do with scripting?

OO yea while ur at it make the swingset and the whole park! Hell! Even make the pinball! Go script a brand new bank system. Over 700 lines of scripting in a bank system. See if you can make it in 2 hours. I'd like to see ya try.

Again, you are an idiot. You don't show off about making an NPC with over 700 lines, you *****. THAT'S A BAD THING.

Neonight
06-13-2001, 12:13 AM
You STILL don't get it. The Ninja Night is the best scripter (other than Stefan and 2 staff members) in all of Graal. He scripted the day/night system from scratch. Okok make up our own pets right? Ok I see TOT has their own pets. That's cool but the only thing they do is follow you. Also, I don't give a flying f**k who I'm against. Yea I bet I could manage the railroad. I wouldn't even make it. It just lags up the screens. Yes it does provide transportation but if I HAD to put it up then I'd be the only one to use it. I HIGHLY doubt you could script 700 lines of 1 NPC in a bank system that follows you in your inventory as a weapon in 2 hours from nothing but scratch. GIFs have a lot to do. You have to script gifs in. if(weaponfired){ then script the gif here }
Frankly, I'd rather make a friend than an enemy, but it looks like I just made an enemy n e way. :(

freddyfox
06-13-2001, 12:25 AM
The Ninja Night is the best scripter (other than Stefan and 2 staff members) in all of Graal.

THAT IS HILARIOUS! HAHA!

Neonight
06-13-2001, 12:27 AM
-_- What's so funny? He is! Scripted the d/n out of scratch and made a weather system. Are their any other servers with weather (not just Sylvesters like on G2k1 but actual rain) ??? Nope. Sorry don't see em.

freddyfox
06-13-2001, 12:29 AM
-_- What's so funny? He is! Scripted the d/n out of scratch and made a weather system. Are their any other servers with weather (not just Sylvesters like on G2k1 but actual rain) ??? Nope. Sorry don't see em.

Rain lags up the screen. And I know scripters who are FAR ahead of Night Ninja and have made multiple NPC's for the NPC server and they all know how to make a Day/Night script.

Kaimetsu
06-13-2001, 12:30 AM
You STILL don't get it. The Ninja Night is the best scripter (other than Stefan and 2 staff members) in all of Graal.

Bwahaha!

I HIGHLY doubt you could script 700 lines of 1 NPC in a bank system that follows you in your inventory as a weapon in 2 hours from nothing but scratch.

I wouldn't use 700 lines, you dolt. Mine would probably be done in something like 50.

GIFs have a lot to do. You have to script gifs in. if(weaponfired){ then script the gif here }

That's not about making graphics, though. Just using them.

Kaimetsu
06-13-2001, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by freddyfox

Rain lags up the screen. And I know scripters who are FAR ahead of Night Ninja and have made multiple NPC's for the NPC server and they all know how to make a Day/Night script.

Rain doesn't have to lag. It depends on the scripting.

Yeah, and Neonight, ToT has a weather system and anybody with half a brain could make day & night.

freddyfox
06-13-2001, 12:38 AM

Rain doesn't have to lag. It depends on the scripting.

Yeah, and Neonight, ToT has a weather system and anybody with half a brain could make day & night.

If you've ever seen X's weather system, you'll know where my hate comes from.

I was one of the first people to experiment with day/night, didn't get too far, though. Managed to get it to change from night - day frequently. Of course, I'm better at levels than scripting.

Kaimetsu
06-13-2001, 12:39 AM
It all depends on how you define lag. By the traditional meaning (ie internet latency), it can be bypassed. You might mean clientside slowdown, though.

Neonight
06-13-2001, 12:43 AM
Kaimetsu is right. Rain doesn't HAVE to lag. Actually it's going to be pretty fast unless u have a modm that's about .5kps. I never saw ToT's system. I do, however, know that ToT is huge. I know it's pretty mum right now, but we'll find out soon enough. The 1st lvl in ToT lags like hell for me. I dunno why, but it just is. I REALLY hate to argue about ****, but the bank NPC HAS to be 700+ lines. Unless I want to make it a shitty one that takes about 5 minutes (which I don't) and SOMEHOW I still don't see anyone that can make a day/night system that runs in real time so it could be dark at 1:00 AM and light at 1:00 PM. Right now, (heh no one knows much about it because I haven't said much) I am making a time system that runs off of your computer. Say it's rainy in Chicago, yet hot and dry in Houston. The people in Chicago (or near such as Geovanie) will see rain, but people in Houston (Nate,King Arthur,Appolo) will see it is hot and dry.
modem*

Kaimetsu
06-13-2001, 12:48 AM
Kaimetsu is right. Rain doesn't HAVE to lag. Actually it's going to be pretty fast unless u have a modm that's about .5kps.

A good rain system won't lag no matter how slow your modem is because it's clientside.

I REALLY hate to argue about ****, but the bank NPC HAS to be 700+ lines. Unless I want to make it a shitty one that takes about 5 minutes (which I don't)

Alright, what does it do?

and SOMEHOW I still don't see anyone that can make a day/night system that runs in real time so it could be dark at 1:00 AM and light at 1:00 PM.

Easy. Timevar almost does that for us. We just need to make the time ratio 1:1. Of course, there's the problem with time zones...

Right now, (heh no one knows much about it because I haven't said much) I am making a time system that runs off of your computer. Say it's rainy in Chicago, yet hot and dry in Houston. The people in Chicago (or near such as Geovanie) will see rain, but people in Houston (Nate,King Arthur,Appolo) will see it is hot and dry.

Such a thing is impossible. Graal cannot access that information - it would have to be inputted manually. AND it would be a bad idea for many reasons.

Neonight
06-13-2001, 12:50 AM
Such a thing is impossible. Graal cannot access that information - it would have to be inputted manually. AND it would be a bad idea for many reasons.

Well I did it with a radio and was about to put it up on EL but my computer got wiped with a virus =(

Kaimetsu
06-13-2001, 12:51 AM
1: What does the bank do?
2: What did the radio do?

Nai
06-13-2001, 12:52 AM
Kaimetsu is right. Rain doesn't HAVE to lag. Actually it's going to be pretty fast unless u have a modm that's about .5kps. I never saw ToT's system. I do, however, know that ToT is huge. I know it's pretty mum right now, but we'll find out soon enough. The 1st lvl in ToT lags like hell for me. I dunno why, but it just is. I REALLY hate to argue about ****, but the bank NPC HAS to be 700+ lines. Unless I want to make it a shitty one that takes about 5 minutes (which I don't) and SOMEHOW I still don't see anyone that can make a day/night system that runs in real time so it could be dark at 1:00 AM and light at 1:00 PM. Right now, (heh no one knows much about it because I haven't said much) I am making a time system that runs off of your computer. Say it's rainy in Chicago, yet hot and dry in Houston. The people in Chicago (or near such as Geovanie) will see rain, but people in Houston (Nate,King Arthur,Appolo) will see it is hot and dry.
modem*

You can't do that with a weather system you fool. I bet have of your server is just test levels with the d/n script and weather script. If it is over 700+ lines, that is crap. You can make a very good one like in Graal Classics with only about 10-30 lines. If it is over 700+ he must have problems with scripting.

vergil
06-13-2001, 12:57 AM
HEY YOU GUYS I AM THE BEST TEST SCRIPTOR THERES NO DOUBTABOUT IT
if (playerenters) {hurt 23490238423490;}

pure GENIOUS

anyway in my expierence anyone who calls all images relating to Graal "gifs" doenst know what theyre talking about, GIF is an image format, its not the -only- one. and certainly not the only one in Graal

Neonight
06-13-2001, 01:00 AM
Fine whatever. I'm tired of *****ing with you guys. I'm not going to play "who can be the bigger ass."

Kaimetsu: The bank allows you to deposit,deposit all,withdraw,withdraw all,show balance. IT also has the script in it for the *system* NPC and will delete the script within it if you already have the system NPC. Say: you have the system NPC from the 1st lvl. If you buy the bank account , the system script inside the bank will not function because you already have one. I also added another script inside the NPC to keep cheaters/hackers to get money fast. I have encrypted the GT and MTC code inside the NPC so if you use it, it will give you newbie stats, take all of your money, and ban you. :D that's most of the script.
Radio: hooked up to a radio station near me (with permission) so you could ACTUALLY listen to real music and not little tiny 30 second long midis. Yes these buffer through my 2nd computer (cable so it runs all day long 24 hours a day) and it converts the songs into midis to run through your computer. Yes it had a bit of lag and I was going to put it up on Graal at the end of the summer, but like I said the virus wiped my C:\ drive.

vergil
06-13-2001, 01:02 AM
...um, do YOU even know what you just said?

Neonight
06-13-2001, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by vergil
HEY YOU GUYS I AM THE BEST TEST SCRIPTOR THERES NO DOUBTABOUT IT
if (playerenters) {hurt 23490238423490;}

pure GENIOUS

anyway in my expierence anyone who calls all images relating to Graal "gifs" doenst know what theyre talking about, GIF is an image format, its not the -only- one. and certainly not the only one in Graal

Yea I know but I make gifs more than png formats. There are about 20 different types in NEopaint (program that I use)

Kaimetsu
06-13-2001, 01:04 AM
Kaimetsu: The bank allows you to deposit,deposit all,withdraw,withdraw all,show balance. IT also has the script in it for the *system* NPC and will delete the script within it if you already have the system NPC.

Kaimetsu estimate: 30 lines needed.

I have encrypted the GT and MTC code inside the NPC so if you use it, it will give you newbie stats, take all of your money, and ban you. :D that's most of the script.

"GT" and "MTC"?

Radio: hooked up to a radio station near me (with permission) so you could ACTUALLY listen to real music and not little tiny 30 second long midis. Yes these buffer through my 2nd computer (cable so it runs all day long 24 hours a day) and it converts the songs into midis to run through your computer. Yes it had a bit of lag and I was going to put it up on Graal at the end of the summer, but like I said the virus wiped my C:\ drive.

You're saying it streams directly from a radio station onto Graal's servers?

Kaimetsu
06-13-2001, 01:04 AM

Um... I sometimes do that and I certainly know what I'm talking about.

Neonight
06-13-2001, 01:05 AM
GT and MTC are hacking tools. Yes u r correct about the radio. (Used a lot of space on my ocmputer tho. A little over 1 GB) No the GT and MTC codes are in the bank script. That itself takes about 550.

Neonight
06-13-2001, 01:07 AM

Yes. I think I know what I'm talking about.

Nai
06-13-2001, 01:09 AM
GT and MTC? You idiot, those are hacking programs for Graal! Also, they are Hard-Coded. You cannot Hard-Code DLLs into Graal NCP Scripts because it would say like, "Unkown Command, "sdkjsdkjsadj". What an idiot...

Kaimetsu
06-13-2001, 01:09 AM
GT and MTC are hacking tools. Yes u r correct about the radio. (Used a lot of space on my ocmputer tho. A little over 1 GB) No the GT and MTC codes are in the bank script. That itself takes about 550.

...you put some code for a hacking tool in your NPC?

vergil
06-13-2001, 01:13 AM

Um... I sometimes do that and I certainly know what I'm talking about.

in my expierence

i dont know you and ive never talked to you before

Neonight
06-13-2001, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Nai
GT and MTC? You idiot, those are hacking programs for Graal! Also, they are Hard-Coded. You cannot Hard-Code DLLs into Graal NCP Scripts because it would say like, "Unkown Command, "sdkjsdkjsadj". What an idiot...

IS THAT NOT WHAT I SAID? HACKING TOOLS? God damn vergil learn to read. It isn't a dll file it's converted to a PTF (I believe I don't remember) THEN converted to gif. All pictures are, are little scambled up letters and numbers. Like the binary code. If you convert a gif then open it in wordpad, it'll show you.

Kaimetsu

i dont know you and ive never talked to you before

You were saying that your experience suggested a statistical trend. I simply disproved this trend. I didn't say that your statement was incorrect.

vergil
Kaimetsu i think hes trying to say he put anti-cheating protection in his NPC. wooohoo thats hard..

Nai
06-13-2001, 01:15 AM
MTC AND GT ARE NOT NPCS! THEY ARE CODED DLLs AND OTHER CODING FILES! THEY HAVE FILES THAT RUN THROUGH OTHER THINGS SUCH AS GRAAL OR AIM! You cannot convert Coded Files into GIFs you idiot.

vergil
06-13-2001, 01:16 AM

IS THAT NOT WHAT I SAID? HACKING TOOLS? God damn vergil learn to read. It isn't a dll file it's converted to a PTF (I believe I don't remember) THEN converted to gif. All pictures are, are little scambled up letters and numbers. Like the binary code. If you convert a gif then open it in wordpad, it'll show you.

da what/ who..>? where???
i'm not Nai I'm vergil, Nai posted that..

Neonight
06-13-2001, 01:16 AM
Well everyone I'm gonna play 2k1 now. LOL Nice talkin to ya :-p

Nai
06-13-2001, 01:17 AM
Are you going to hack 2k1 considering you have GT and MTC?

Neonight
06-13-2001, 01:18 AM

da what/ who..>? where???
i'm not Nai I'm vergil, Nai posted that..

ER... sorry then I guess. ?

Kaimetsu
06-13-2001, 01:18 AM
Basically... it seems he has converted a hacking thingy into raw code, and placed it in his NPC. To prevent against errors, he has presumably commented out the whole thing. The question, then, is... Why?

Nai
06-13-2001, 01:19 AM
How can you stop hacking with a hacking tool though? Got ya there dont I!

vergil
Nai let me explain this to you.

I THINK Neoknight is trying to say that if someone uses GameTrainer of Magic Trainer creator, his NPC script will detect it. How is this possible? Well, if the trainer say... gives you 10000 rupees, its very easy for an NPC script to check for his rupee amount every 10 seconds and if it jumps from 0 to 10,000 rupees in 10 seconds, the NPC knows something is wrong, and the player's probably cheating to get that money. It will check for other values... like walking speed and sword power... and if it does think your cheating, it'll place you in jail or whatever punishment it sees fit.

Nai i think you have got this totally wrong.,.. this has nothing to do with what your describing..

Neonight
Originally posted by Nai

Oh yea *sarcastically* I really want to hack the server I'm trying to get a job on. Umm hmmm

Nai
06-13-2001, 01:20 AM
If you have hacking tools you wont get a job...

Neonight
06-13-2001, 01:21 AM
Nai let me explain this to you.

I THINK Neoknight is trying to say that if someone uses GameTrainer of Magic Trainer creator, his NPC script will detect it. How is this possible? Well, if the trainer say... gives you 10000 rupees, its very easy for an NPC script to check for his rupee amount every 10 seconds and if it jumps from 0 to 10,000 rupees in 10 seconds, the NPC knows something is wrong, and the player's probably cheating to get that money. It will check for other values... like walking speed and sword power... and if it does think your cheating, it'll place you in jail or whatever punishment it sees fit.

Nai i think you have got this totally wrong.,.. this has nothing to do with what your describing..

By George, he's got it! LOL THANK YOU!

Kaimetsu
06-13-2001, 01:22 AM
Gah, then why did you talk about "MFC and GT code"?

ANYWAY, you shouldn't bother with things like that. Stefan will include them himself if they become necessary.

vergil
06-13-2001, 01:24 AM
yeah i was wondering what he was talking about encrypting the code.. what..? heh.

T-Squad
06-13-2001, 02:01 AM
all ive got to say is:
ne0knight is a fool...

i scripted my day/night is about 15 minutes 2 days ago, using 0 NPC Server functions, but it will still work for all players...you know what is called? you are probably to much of an idiot to figure something this basic out...its called timevar....oh and gscript only reads gscript..not programming you fool....bank system is also easy to make...
for one thing, i wouldnt question Kai on his scripting knowledge, I myself can by far surpass this ninja guy, and kai can at this time easily surpass me......kai has mad tile altering skills for one, and is the 3rd best scripter i know of...Stefan being first and kyle0654 being second....anyway ne0night you sound like a damn n00b so please shut up you are very annoying, you are just making your server look bad

Kaimetsu
06-13-2001, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by T-Squad
kai has mad tile altering skills for one, and is the 3rd best scripter i know of...Stefan being first and kyle0654 being second....

Dang... looks like I've still got some beating to do...

activeconvict
06-13-2001, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Nai

Almost impossible with NPC Server.

activeconvict
06-13-2001, 02:51 AM
And actually Tyhm is probably the 2nd best...

Kaimetsu
06-13-2001, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by activeconvict
And actually Tyhm is probably the 2nd best...

I actually kinda hate it when non-scripters go around saying who is the best. In truth, the only people capable of gauging who is better than who are the expert scripters themselves.

And even then, great scripters don't necessarily know about other scripters. I don't know how good Tyhm is, for example, because I'd need to see some things that he has achieved. I'm really fuzzy on who exactly is the best, and certainly too fuzzy to make a definitive ordered list.

activeconvict
06-13-2001, 03:01 AM
I never said he was, I said he probably is, he's Graal Classics Lead Scripter last I knew.

Kaimetsu
06-13-2001, 03:03 AM
I never said he was, I said he probably is, he's Graal Classics Lead Scripter last I knew.

True, but that doesn't say anything in particular. Sure, it says he's good but can it assign him an arbitrary position? Nah. Plus, what about the NewWorlders? I bet they've got people even better than Stefan.

activeconvict
06-13-2001, 03:06 AM
They probably do, I know of a couple people that are in the New World Team, but I'm not going to leak it or tell anyone. Loriel's a pretty good scripter too. I script a little, I'm not the best, I need to take some C++ classes.

Kaimetsu
06-13-2001, 03:10 AM
They probably do, I know of a couple people that are in the New World Team, but I'm not going to leak it or tell anyone. Loriel's a pretty good scripter too. I script a little, I'm not the best, I need to take some C++ classes.

C++ isn't necessary. If anything, Graal is a good way to learn C++.

Huggles
06-13-2001, 03:12 AM
Update:

I decided and I hope the crew looks at this

We will use a different system for NPCW's list

Backpacks...... Like the trade system you will choose what elvel or what kind of weapon you will use and it will use it.....

Say Trade to drop it or sell it

There will be
Clothes Backpacks, Weapons, Work or Accesories, spells, and etc. =-)

Kaimetsu
06-13-2001, 03:16 AM

We will use a different system for NPCW's list

Copout! That feature isn't new.

Huggles
06-13-2001, 03:22 AM
I dont mind if its not new I just thought of it and how it would benefit my world......

T-Squad
06-13-2001, 04:20 AM
new system for NPCWs???? did i miss a graal update...?

CrazedMerlin
06-13-2001, 05:05 AM
So far we got as our crew. We hope you can join us!
Goku (JF)
Kain
King Clops
Captain USA
Vermain
Merlin
Chris Rubeus
Devine (Baddies)
Draco
Beowulf
yay

CrazedMerlin
06-13-2001, 05:14 AM
Kami=good scripter, very good I once doubted him, and i was wrong.
Neonight you are a fool, my prediction for your server is another world with 700+ generated levels with random flower tiles inserted.
A 700 line bank script is crazy it can be done in 50.
When stefan sees the need to prevent trainers he adds a way to prevent them in the next version of graal exe.

Munkey
06-13-2001, 06:53 AM
not everything in graal can be encripted. Strings, variables, over the head stuff. Some of that can be encripted, i seen my friend do it WITH gscript.

grim_squeaker_x
06-13-2001, 07:06 PM

If you've ever seen X's weather system, you'll know where my hate comes from.Yes I really need to change that once I have the time, but I first have to complete our super secret project thingumajig, then I'll start reducing the lag of the weather system (Which wasn't scripted by me but by The Night Ninja and was uploaded by our owner without asking first :rolleyes: ).

grim_squeaker_x
06-13-2001, 07:08 PM
new system for NPCWs???? did i miss a graal update...? No, it's actually been scriptable ever since the callweapon index,flag; command was added.

Neonight
06-13-2001, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by CrazedMerlin

Neonight you are a fool, my prediction for your server is another world with 700+ generated levels with random flower tiles inserted.
When stefan sees the need to prevent trainers he adds a way to prevent them in the next version of graal exe.

Ok I find this kind of funny actually. I see people saying "oh my god your server is gonna be generated bla bla bla." Well everyone I'm saying right here : I do NOT generate levels. I make them from scratch. Like I said before. Look at this

Originally posted by CrazedMerlin

Yes I know that. How many times have I said that in the board? Have you ever thought about Dan though? Dan's nickname is Pie. Hemakes trainers. Has ANYONE here at ALL thought that he might make one for the new version AFTER it's out?

[i]Originally posted by Munkey
not everything in graal can be encripted. Strings, variables, over the head stuff. Some of that can be encripted, i seen my friend do it WITH gscript.

Congratulations Munkey, you're a winner.

Actually, I'm working on learning ALL of C++ and pretty much Basic Programming. After that, I'll go back and review C and learn Advanced Programming. :D I think I'm gonna try to make myself a game. I doubt I'll get very far, but my cousin works at Nintendo LTD. in Japan and he said that if I learn all of programming I may be able to go in and help on future games. No this wouldn't put in me for a Zelda title most likely. I don't think they want newbies there. ;) I'm thinking more games like sports. Sorry sports fans but most of the sports games suck and I bet I won't mess it up any more than it was already. :p

Am I mistaken or did Stefan mass yesterday that he would put up 1-2 new playerworlds today? I could have sworn he said it last night when I asked about 2.04 and he said he didn't know when it would be out. (I don't find it reassuring but I'll go along with it)

XilosTinsu
06-14-2001, 03:35 AM
SK Made a weather system, I don't imagine it's that complicated, I think I Could make one if I wanted, the Day/Night Script isn't that tough, I've made one, so it can't be that hard. Flamethrowers aren't that special either, Shadow Dragons has one. And 700 lines for a bank system isn't a good thing, those aren't that complicated either, You can make a perfectly good bank system in 50-100 lines. Even with anti-cheating etc, it shouldn't be more then 150 max. A weather system that has the weather from a city nearby is impossible, no way could someone make it so that it actually works.

AlexH
06-14-2001, 03:42 AM
actually
ToT has a weather system :)

Brad0629
06-14-2001, 04:11 AM
Hey neo

im still working for your server right?!

I know it dont got alot to do with this topic but im just wondering...

also ive heard lots about new servers...

~BRaD~

PW Projects Team

Huggles
06-14-2001, 05:14 AM
Adding on

I will soon add a moon then I think we put stuff in and then other stuff ^_^

XilosTinsu
06-14-2001, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Gspeed2000
:D Yes ToT has weather...
I just need to add the bit where it can dynamically change the amount of drops easily (really easy to do) and the part where the rain moves from level to level (alittle more tricky but I could manage it).

Rain, snow, thunderstorms, clouds... uhm what else... maybe tornado but after I get all other weather working correctly. LOL Tornados would be AWESOME, have it sweep you off to a random level, and destroy houses.

Aknts
06-14-2001, 04:52 PM
Are you saying like the backpack thing like if you click the bag it goes to another screen liek the qq screen and it has different NPC in it or somethign I don't understand and if that is what your talking about how would you script that?

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 05:59 PM
Adding on

I will soon add a moon then I think we put stuff in and then other stuff ^_^ That island to the northeast looks a lot like a dragon.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by grim_squeaker_x
That island to the northeast looks a lot like a dragon.

And the top-left one looks like a rhino in a brown hat being sick.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 06:39 PM

And the top-left one looks like a rhino in a brown hat being sick. The bottom left one looks like a brown ball.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by grim_squeaker_x
The bottom left one looks like a brown ball.

The bottom right one just looks like a random landmass.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 09:28 PM

The bottom right one just looks like a random landmass. The middle ones look like a big and a small island.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 09:29 PM
The bits where there isn't land looks like water.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 09:32 PM
The bits where there isn't land looks like water. The bits where there isn't land or water look like nothing.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 09:33 PM
The bit right at the top looks like an Internet Explorer address bar.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 09:33 PM
The bit right at the top looks like an Internet Explorer address bar. The bit behind it looks like a desktop.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 09:37 PM
If I squint and turn my head at a funny angle, then I can see a taskbar at the bottom.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 09:38 PM
If I squint and turn my head at a funny angle, then I can see a taskbar at the bottom. If I point and click my mouse in the bottom left corner I can see another menu.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 09:40 PM
If I click the bottom item on that menu, the world of Nothar falls into a black hole!

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 09:42 PM
If I click the bottom item on that menu, the world of Nothar falls into a black hole! If I push a button near the place where I saw the menu the whole of creation starts over again!

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 09:45 PM
If I export the image into paint, then soon the whole world looks like a swirly colourful mess!

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 09:47 PM
If I export the image into paint, then soon the whole world looks like a swirly colourful mess! If I export the image into PSP the world soon is a lot of in-built effects.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 09:51 PM
If I print it out and apply my origami know-how, it becomes a giraffe!

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 09:54 PM
If I print it out and apply my origami know-how, it becomes a giraffe! If I unfold that giraffe and use scissors on it it'll soon become a string of paper dolls.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 09:58 PM
If I set fire to those dolls, and distribute the ashes outside, they soon become parts of local plant life!

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 10:02 PM
If I would spontanaously life in another place then London where they grow apple trees it might end up as apples.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 10:04 PM
If a person came along, cut down the apple tree and processed it in the proper fashion, it would become paper again.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 10:05 PM
If I gave the paper to Captain USA he would make the map again.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 10:06 PM
If I stole the paper when he wasn't looking, wrote "Memo to self: Must destroy Nothar. Signed, Cap'n USA" on it and slipped it back in his pocket, then his whole playerworld would be doomed.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 10:09 PM
If he stops working on nothar his staff will start working on a new playerworld.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 10:09 PM
If that server is called "Kaimetsuland" then I'll be famous!

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 10:10 PM
If you become famous even more people would ask for scripting help.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 10:19 PM
If I get pestered even more then I'm likely to break out the machine guns.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 10:20 PM
If you'd use the machine guns, you'd be in the newspaper.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 10:23 PM
If I was in the newspaper, I'd most likely be photographed at the worst possible time, like when I'm grinning like an idiot or something.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 10:27 PM
If you'd be grinning like an idiot on your picture people'd laugh at you.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 10:28 PM
If people'd laugh at me then I'd throw myself off a building.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 10:33 PM
If you'd throw yourself off of a building you'd be in the newspaper again.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 10:35 PM
If I was in the newspaper again, then I might inspire someone else to do the same as me.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 10:38 PM
If we assume that with every person jumping off of a building four other persons are inspired to do the same then eventually then more and more people would jump off of buildings nutil there is no one left in the world.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 10:39 PM
If there is nobody left in the world, the insects will take over!

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 10:44 PM
If the insects would take over ultimately one will get a couple of machine guns and use them, then apear in the newspaper looking idiotic after which it will jump off a building because it was laughed at and that would inspire other insects to do the same until there are no more insects left in the world.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 10:46 PM
If an insect jumped off a building, its small mass would mean that its terminal velocity was something like 1 m/s and thus it would not be harmed no matter what it dropped off. So it would be laughed at even more.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 10:48 PM
After it had been laughed at even more, it would become even more gloomy and suicidal and decide to commit suicide by shooting itself with one of the aforementioned machine guns.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 10:53 PM
After several failed attempts to ram the trigger and then scuttle around the the other end of the gun in time, it would jump into the sea.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 10:54 PM
If it'd jump in the sea it would turn into a whale because of rare spontaneous evolution.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 10:59 PM
If it turned into a whale, it would drown because it would not know how to use its... whale stuff.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 11:01 PM
If it'd drown it would finally have succesfully commited suicide.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 11:04 PM
If it successfully committed suicide, it would be blessed by the ant god for success in its efforts, and reincarnated.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 11:06 PM
If it would be reincarnated the whole thing would start over again.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 11:07 PM
If the whole thing started all over again. then we'd have an excuse to get even more posts!

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 11:09 PM
If we'd make even more posts I'd have an even higher number under my name.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 11:10 PM
If you had an even higher number, then I'd give you an evil stare for cheating and getting all your posts free with somebody else's account.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 11:11 PM
If you'd glare evilly at me for cheating I would jump off a building.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 11:12 PM
If you jumped off a building, I would run down and catch you so that the whole cycle did not start all over again.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 11:13 PM
If you'd catch me you'd come in the newspaper for a valiant rescue attempt.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 11:14 PM
If I was in the newspaper as a hero, then all the chicks would dig me.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 11:17 PM
if all the chicks would dig you your groupies would tear you apart in pieces while trying to tear of your clothes.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 11:18 PM
If I was attacked by groupies, then I'd employ my cool kung fu skills.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 11:20 PM
If you'd use your cool kung fu skills they'd attack you with even more enthusiasm.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 11:22 PM
If they attacked me with even more enthusiasm, then I'd run away and publically make a fool of myself to make them lose interest.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 11:22 PM
If you'd publically make a fool of yourself no more chicks would dig you.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 11:23 PM
If no more chicks digged me then at least I'd have some privacy.

CrazedMerlin
06-14-2001, 11:23 PM
If you to stoped posting, it would make the world a better place!

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 11:24 PM
If we'd stop posting it would ruin our fun.
And if you'd at least have some privacy then one alst remaining groupy will keep stalking you.

CrazedMerlin
06-14-2001, 11:25 PM
:((((((((((((((((

freddyfox
06-14-2001, 11:36 PM
Would you mind taking it to another topic, you two?

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 11:37 PM
Would you mind taking it to another topic, you two? I think Merlin interrupted the flow and stopped us from posting further

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 11:37 PM
I shall continue! If one final groupie continued to stalk me, then she better be hot.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 11:40 PM
But no she isn't hot, she looks like the photograph Gabriel once had in his signature while asking everyone for a signature.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 11:41 PM
If she looked like that, I'd discreetly kill her.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 11:43 PM
If you'd discreetly kill her, the body would be found, they'd do DNA tests on the body/on the bullet/on whatever and it would be clear that you killed her and you would be arrested.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 11:44 PM
If I was arrested, I'd hire the best lawyer in the land to prove that it was justified.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 11:46 PM
If it was justified then you would be in the newspaper once again for general imrpovement in the human race.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 11:48 PM
If I was in the newspaper again then I'd learn from my last mistake and make a half-silly face, so that people will neither like nor hate me.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 11:52 PM
If you had actually learned from your mistakes that would mean that reincarnation actually does happen which will increase the suicide rate overnight since people want to be something else.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 11:54 PM
If the suicide rate is increased overnight, then there would be fewer potential mothers, and insufficient numbers to cope with the influx of new souls wanting a body.

grim_squeaker_x
06-14-2001, 11:57 PM
And then the ghosts would get furious after which they return to their former bodies and then the whole world is infested with zombies.

Kaimetsu
06-14-2001, 11:59 PM
If the whole world was infested with zombies, then priesthood would get a huge surge of new interest.

grim_squeaker_x
06-15-2001, 12:01 AM
If priesthood got a suden surge of interest, the birth rate would decline since priests aren't allowed to marry/make love/anything else which is birth related not counting birthdays.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 12:03 AM
If the birth rate declined, then resurrection rate would decline too, and the zombies would triple in number. Eventually the bodies of dead priests would be possessed too, and it would be one long hopeless battle between zombies and priests.

grim_squeaker_x
06-15-2001, 12:06 AM
And that would cause a declining of our current culture, which would turn us into stark raving mad barbarians we can only think abut fighting.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 12:09 AM
If we turned into start raving barbarians who are only interested in fighting, then HOPEFULLY we'd have the sense to use two swords at once rather than spinning around like idiots with big hammers.

grim_squeaker_x
06-15-2001, 01:14 AM
If we'd have the sense to use two swords at once we'd be constantly under influence of frenzy.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 01:20 AM
If we were constantly under the influence of Frenzy, then the zombies wouldn't stand a chance.

grim_squeaker_x
06-15-2001, 01:29 AM
If the zombies wouldn't stand a chance then we could chop all the zombies into pieces and start working on revuilding civilisation.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 01:32 AM
It we chopped all the zombies into pieces then the pieces would decay and from the Earth would spring huge quantities of vegetation, so that mankind could once more return to its forest-based roots.

grim_squeaker_x
06-15-2001, 01:34 AM
And then instead of how we live now on the ground people wuld start living in trees and swinging from branch to branch except a few who just miss and swing from branch again tree.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 01:36 AM
And we would grow tails and become monkeys.

grim_squeaker_x
06-15-2001, 01:38 AM
Until after yet another 1000 years of evolving the monkey's will slowl loose their tales and become relatively hairless.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 01:39 AM
They would begin to chop down the trees, and harnest power from burning them. Civilisation would spring up once again.

grim_squeaker_x
06-15-2001, 01:43 AM
After a while the race that evolved from the monkeys, wuld have a strange thing referred to as "Internet" where they have "forums" for communication where people post a lot of things like philosophising about what might happen in the future.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 01:49 AM
If that happened, then oppressive moderators would threaten to remove their essential predictions.

grim_squeaker_x
06-15-2001, 01:50 AM
And people would complain about their predictions being useless.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 01:54 AM
And then their predictions would come true, and everybody would formally apologise to the two prophets.

grim_squeaker_x
06-15-2001, 01:54 AM
And the two prophets would come into a strange papery object which contains news.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 01:56 AM
Upon examining the paper, the prophets would find strange mimicrys of their appearances. And verily, both would be pulling stupid faces therein.

grim_squeaker_x
06-15-2001, 01:57 AM
Thus people would once again laugh at the prophets.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 01:59 AM
So, enraged by the incessant laughing, the prophets would train an army of gnats to attack their detractors.

grim_squeaker_x
06-15-2001, 02:02 AM
(Erm.. Gnats interesting.)
And the detractors would be so afraid of that action that they would call the asylum and that the two prophets would be shut in because they were clearly insane.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 02:07 AM
From the asylum, the prophets would convince others of their truths and incite a revolt against the wardens.

grim_squeaker_x
06-15-2001, 02:15 AM
And the revolt is of course an amazing succes, resulting in a new religion ultimately being born, a religion all to do about posting philosophies about the future on forums, and spreading the cosmic wisdom encaptured therein.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 02:20 AM
Soon, aliens discover that intelligent life has finally arrived on Earth, and make their appearance at last.

CrazedMerlin
06-15-2001, 02:21 AM
OK!
stop talking
this thread is about Nothar

grim_squeaker_x
06-15-2001, 02:24 AM
And when those aliens come they will be greeted by the automatic "Hello, welome to Earth. Enjoy your stay here and be sure to check out some of our travel brochures acquirable at NASA", which then turns out to be the worst possible insult in the aliens language after which they instantly declare war on Earth.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 02:38 AM
After war is declared, thousands will perish under the tyranny of the aliens, until peace is made when they realise how delicious pizza is, and how much of it humans can make.

grim_squeaker_x
06-15-2001, 02:40 AM
Then economy will show an increasing rise and in the stock market people will buy stocks for the different ingredients for pizza's.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 02:43 AM
A trade route will be set up, bringing alien slave girls in exchange for our twisted crust lovelies.

grim_squeaker_x
06-15-2001, 02:47 AM
But those alien slave girls only came in use as servants due to the fact that they were not in any way attractive to Earthlings.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 02:53 AM
Except for one young alien lass, who, quite endearingly, was thought of as ugly in the alien community. On Earth, she's the most beautiful thing imaginable.

grim_squeaker_x
06-15-2001, 02:56 AM
(Hmm, those aliens would probably like that last groupy :p)

But this young alien lass had no interest in working "under" a master and rebelled against the slavery.

Kaimetsu
06-15-2001, 03:00 AM
Running away, she found herself in the arms of the male prophet, who calmly told her "I have to go home now - college is closing. Seeya tomorrow," and disappeared into the sunset.

Neonight
06-15-2001, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Stefan
Yes combination of Graal3D beta 2 and 3,
but geshtar & co are making very cool new
actor models that will beat my simple ninji
body&head

lucky.... *grumble* I don't know how to take pix of G3D =/ I have the program yes (that IS legal isn't it?)

Geovanie Legend
06-17-2001, 12:10 AM
I know alot of people are waiting on the newest reviews, well i'll be doing them today and i'll post them here. the ones that i mark ass passed will be sent to Stefan so he can take a look at them.
Good luck to all of you who submitted playerworlds to me :)

SSmutz
06-17-2001, 12:30 AM
Review Delteria and delete it. The outside of NightFall's house is on there, and the inside is one of my really old houses, and it's even labeled as my house. And I never wanted a house on that server, and I never gave them permission to use my old house inside. Also, I told them several times to remove it and they refused! A playerworld like that.....well, hell...it's not even a playerword....needs to be removed.

Geovanie Legend
06-17-2001, 01:19 AM
- Middle Earth
I think i've heard this name before, however the levels are nice, but they have to many errors (signs overlaping bushes, misplaced tiles, etc), not quite enough levels. what would the players do? All I seen to do was hockey and that's an old thing that not many people care for anymore. If they make it a bit bigger with more things to do it would pass. There was also way to many empty houses.
- Failed -

- Illusion
Levels are improperly linked. Sidewalks take up most of the level, where are you gonna put the houses and such at with sidewalks that big?
Tile errors from time to time, not really noticable, but needs to be fixed.
Levels are to plain, add some decoration to make the more attractive :)
- Faled -

- Trabia
NPC Store was a dead link.
Levels are way to plain, just grass, bushes, and normal houses
Why was the level 2 glove right near the starting level? Is that giving the players something to do?
Spin blast NPC don't work properly
Level 3 glove is just near the level 2 glove. Why make it so easy to get stuff?
A level loaded with zora head npc's named Man that do absolutly nothing.
Kill 1 cave of yellow baddies to get a heart and 200 gralat, sorry but that's not exactly what i'd call a quest.
- Failed -

- Anubis (Isn't this a sailor moon name?)
Same stuff that was submitted last time, nothing has changed :(
- Failed -

- Murasamune
Not much to it yet but it looks to be a promising pw, let's just hope the owners can do a good job and not make me regret doing this :)
- Passed -

- No name (by oni-link)
5 levels, not even worth looking at, and it wasn't even zipped
- Failed -

- No name (From D Strader)
Again this one isn't zipped and it has far to few levels to even waste the time to look at them.
- Failed -

- Babylon (isn't this a movie or something?)
Nice plot.
used original weapons (boomerang, super bow, etc.)
Levels are rather plain.
There's a book called "Weight loss for fat people" - Isn't that being rather rude?
Broken level links.
- Failed -

- Xone
Houses are to plain (inside)
Excellent quality outside levels.
Well if there was something for the players to do and the houses were fixed up some this world might just make it.
- Failed -

manton
06-17-2001, 01:38 AM
It's sad that only 1 passed. =/

Tybalt
06-17-2001, 02:22 AM
I'd like to know what bozo put YOU, whose playerworlds have links done by two-yeat-olds and completely unoriginal ideas, levels, and NPCs in charge of judging other peoples' playerworlds.

fugitive316
06-17-2001, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by Geovanie Legend

- Babylon (isn't this a movie or something?)
Nice plot.
used original weapons (boomerang, super bow, etc.)
Levels are rather plain.
There's a book called "Weight loss for fat people" - Isn't that being rather rude?
Broken level links.
- Failed -

"used original weapons (boomerang, super bow, etc.)"

They are original because they are both on classic, and have been for years.

Geovanie Legend
06-17-2001, 02:24 AM
Tybalt grow up.. we aren't all as fortunate as you, i mean really we can't all be immature now can we? And Stefan put me in charge.. just because your jealous gives you no right to complain like a 5 year old.. bye

Geovanie Legend
06-17-2001, 02:41 AM
Send the images and levels in one e-mail but different zip files such as myworld-levels.zip and myworld-gifs.zip

activeconvict
06-17-2001, 03:49 AM
- Middle Earth
I think i've heard this name before, however the levels are nice, but they have to many errors (signs overlaping bushes, misplaced tiles, etc), not quite enough levels. what would the players do? All I seen to do was hockey and that's an old thing that not many people care for anymore. If they make it a bit bigger with more things to do it would pass. There was also way to many empty houses.
- Failed -

Thanks for the information, I'll be sure to add some more things to do. You may have heard it before, but I came up with the name (not saying someone didn't before me). I'll be sure to retile all of the errors. I may add my tennis court, it's a bit buggy right now but I'm sure I can make it work right.

Geovanie Legend
06-17-2001, 04:21 AM
What people say about my server has nothing to do with my judgement on other worlds, i go by the book and judge everything fairly.. i don't play the "he dissed me, payback time" game.

activeconvict
06-17-2001, 04:51 AM
There also is a quest if you didn't see it.

Tybalt
06-17-2001, 07:24 AM
I just think it's upsetting that the quality control officer for playerworlds, so to speak, owns playerworlds. Owns bad playerworlds. Putting the owner or staff of a playerworld in charge of evaluating playerworlds is the stupidest decision anyone could make.

RawPower
06-17-2001, 07:31 AM
YES! Murasamune has been excepted! I know for a fact that this server will be promising because I have seen some of the stuff and it is VERY good =)

fugitive316
06-17-2001, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by RawPower
YES! Murasamune has been excepted!

lol isn't excepted the opposite of accepted?

:)

SSmutz
06-17-2001, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Tybalt
...owns playerworlds. Owns bad playerworlds.
NPulse isn't a bad playerworld. It was better before 1.4 was released, but it's not that bad.

RawPower
06-17-2001, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by fugitive316

lol isn't excepted the opposite of accepted?

:)

*DOH*

ACCEPTED

Neonight
06-17-2001, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Tybalt
I'd like to know what bozo put YOU, whose playerworlds have links done by two-yeat-olds and completely unoriginal ideas, levels, and NPCs in charge of judging other peoples' playerworlds.
I also agree. Geo is nice and all,but my god! Yes he's right about Teir'Dal. I had high hopes, but there is nothing to do!!! The links are horrific, the System NPC could be deleted by hitting Delete, and it lagged the whole server! If you PK you get jailed. (which is wrong to me) The only NPC I know of=Elven Bow...... ummm it's a bow with a differen't gif... how nice.... The map was nice though..... I logged on again and the map didn't work -_-. N-Pulse is just plain bad to me. 3 of Elven Lands' NPCs were stolen. People on N-Pulse claimed EL stole lvls, yet I hadn't seen ANY of them on EL. Meditate was stolen. About 50% of Cyanide's NPCs were stolen from Smoogle.... (If you got permission my mistake) and the staff there stinks. I was fishing and got banned (yes banned) for fishing. I think that's kind of sad. -_-

T-Squad
06-17-2001, 10:08 AM
WILL YOU PEOPLE SHUT UP!!!!!!

Stefan keeps them up there, Stefan is a PROFESSIONAL!!! DO you know what that means? That means Stefan has a REAL job, Graal (obviously i dont know him, but this looks like his job) he knows what is good, and obviously if people still play graal he is doing his job!!! You people are just mad because you dont know how to script, build levels, or anything, and get mad when you see Geovannie rating servers...it gets very annoying and its time i posted how annoying it is, once you know how to program like stefan does, and once you build a game, maybe then you could decide what goes on your game...but Stefan decides things to make his game better, and doesnt put crap up...this is common sense people, otherwise graal would have 0 players and it wouldnt keep going like it does

Neonight
06-17-2001, 10:11 AM

Stefan keeps them up there, Stefan is a PROFESSIONAL!!! DO you know what that means? That means Stefan has a REAL job, Graal (obviously i dont know him, but this looks like his job) he knows what is good, and obviously if people still play graal he is doing his job!!! You people are just mad because you dont know how to script, build levels, or anything, and get mad when you see Geovannie rating servers...it gets very annoying and its time i posted how annoying it is, once you know how to program like stefan does, and once you build a game, maybe then you could decide what goes on your game...but Stefan decides things to make his game better, and doesnt put crap up...this is common sense people, otherwise graal would have 0 players and it wouldnt keep going like it does
No some people play Graal (Like me :p) because of boredom. I work at EB World and yes it's pretty busy (especially since it's Chicago) if there isn't anything else to do, nothing on TV, or you're just bored, wouldn't you whip out a nearly-all-free game that lets you kill people? Hell yes!

fugitive316
06-17-2001, 10:11 AM
I was fishing and got banned (yes banned) for fishing. I think that's kind of sad. -_-

Wow that isn't kind of sad, that is downright pathetic.

Neonight
06-17-2001, 10:13 AM

Oops forgot something. Hmm you must be right. I can't build levels. Even though I own a server (that hopefully gets done soon) I can't build levels. I can't script either right? Even though I made a new type of pet, scripted a whole new bank system, made pinball, made a rodeo, and edited bomies for personal use, I can't script. Right? Damn I must be dumb.

T-Squad
06-17-2001, 10:19 AM
you got it neo!!! You scripted a 700 line bank system, simply because you cant script worth crap, that wasnt sarcasm...good script = working and very short, not 700 lines a very laggy...pet system would be easy to make, you probably used n00b not online working commands...all the scripts you named can be made at any scripting level, only difference is one may not work online, be 500 lines, very laggy, use n00b things like putnpc, and be very ***....just shut up youve passed from getting annoying to being annoying

Neonight
06-17-2001, 10:21 AM
you got it neo!!! You scripted a 700 line bank system, simply because you cant script worth crap, that wasnt sarcasm...good script = working and very short, not 700 lines a very laggy...pet system would be easy to make, you probably used n00b not online working commands...all the scripts you named can be made at any scripting level, only difference is one may not work online, be 500 lines, very laggy, use n00b things like putnpc, and be very ***....just shut up youve passed from getting annoying to being annoying

Fine. Go script a pinball system, put it here, and let everyone laugh at it. Bank system already explained. You must not be able to read then.Hahaha n00b scripter. That's funny.

T-Squad
06-17-2001, 10:26 AM
you dont know who you talking to do you? ok im gonna make a pinball system in...hmm 30 minutes sound good? im gonna post it here to make you look like a fool, and im gonna let faheria have it.
have a nice day :-)

Neonight
06-17-2001, 10:31 AM
you dont know who you talking to do you? ok im gonna make a pinball system in...hmm 30 minutes sound good? im gonna post it here to make you look like a fool, and im gonna let faheria have it.
have a nice day :-)

*yawn* g'night then. Ill see it tomorrow!

LilbrojX
06-17-2001, 10:36 AM
umm, I editted this post, something about us being good, but now I'm discouraged by stefan

Admins
06-17-2001, 11:15 AM
Geovanie please say 'not good enough yet' instead
of 'failed', and 'good quality' instead of 'passed'.
An important thing of pw testing is to not
hurt people or making them too much hope
in getting the server up.
I have seen Murasamune some weeks ago,
I saw good baddies and weapons but
the overworld was ugly/chaotic, have you made
a new one? I would also need it to see if its really good.

RawPower
06-17-2001, 11:17 AM

hehe thats why I need to be PW Reviewer! J/k

Neonight
06-17-2001, 11:25 AM
It's been 30 minutes I think. I stayed up to see it and nothing LOL

vergil
06-17-2001, 11:31 AM
heres my little review :)

N-Pulse
Uses original weapons (bow and bombs!) this is very very bad.
(Minus 10 points)
Mixes gray tiles with cliffs making levels ugly. (minus 5)
Music doesnt fit the scene at all (have I heard that song before? hmmm). (minus 20)
Square lakes. (minus 10)
1000000000 flower tiles in one level. (minus 10)
Dirt paths are perfectly stragith with NO rocks in them. does someone sweep these things or something..? (minus 10)
90% of the houses are the stamp-down issue predefined red house (not surprising! minus 20)
Trees with halves missing. (Minus 5)
Bridges for side walks? ugggghhh! (minus 5)
Square swamps with -COWS- in them. (someone cut them? since when do cows eat swamp weed? minus 10)
Inside of some houses are gigantic, many levels for one room (minus 5)
Total: Negative 110.
-NOT GOOD ENOUGH-

Neonight
06-17-2001, 11:38 AM
heres my little review :)

N-Pulse
Uses original weapons (bow and bombs!) this is very very bad.
(Minus 10 points)
Mixes gray tiles with cliffs making levels ugly. (minus 5)
Music doesnt fit the scene at all (have I heard that song before? hmmm). (minus 20)
Square lakes. (minus 10)
1000000000 flower tiles in one level. (minus 10)
Dirt paths are perfectly stragith with NO rocks in them. does someone sweep these things or something..? (minus 10)
90% of the houses are the stamp-down issue predefined red house (not surprising! minus 20)
Trees with halves missing. (Minus 5)
Bridges for side walks? ugggghhh! (minus 5)
Square swamps with -COWS- in them. (someone cut them? since when do cows eat swamp weed? minus 10)
Inside of some houses are gigantic, many levels for one room (minus 5)
Total: Negative 110.
-NOT GOOD ENOUGH-

WRONG!!! You forgot the stolen NPCs! minus 10

Total: Necative 120

Tybalt
06-17-2001, 12:01 PM

Stefan, having Geovanie as a playerworld reviewer is really wrong because he owns two playerworlds himself, and they are not good playerworlds. He would be biased towards his own playerworlds and since the playerworlds he's produced aren't good, his standards cannot be right.

LilbrojX
06-17-2001, 12:06 PM

oh, thanks a lot stefan :) we're building that world, soul blade is doing that, i'm doing inside levels, we're doing good so far, how is it ugly anyway? we're starting off just like g2k1, with a virtually black unnessesarly large map, and builging off of it, once you here out story, see how our time travel system will work, and see the new boat we made, you'll be very amazed :) our levels we've worked on are g2k1 quality (random grass, holes, geographical features, flowes, random tiles that look good, etc) we have a lot planned for murasamune stefan.

anyway, you just did wut you told geovanie not to do, discourage me... thanks a lot man...

Geovanie Legend
06-17-2001, 12:07 PM
That's enough, I do my job and you kids blow it all out of proportion. If you don't like my reviews then heres the solution.. simply don't read them. So I make mistakes, are all of you perfect? If so where is god and why isn't he holding your hand?

Plain and simple every one of you need to get off theese childish arrogant acts and grow up no matter what your age. And when you go around critisizing someone elses playerworld all it does is show your own stupidity and self centernedness.

In the in it comes down to me test new pw's and you complaing about it, or me giving reviews on the current ones, and you complaining about it.
Is there something wrong with this picture? No it's just human nature to critisize everything that everyone else does cause you think you are better then them or you want to be better.

All I ask is that I do my job and you pople accept that, if this continues i will simply post my reviews on here and furtur ignore any activity on the forums so i don't have to put up with this.

LilbrojX
06-17-2001, 12:08 PM
hey listen to stefan and stop discouraging everyone, gosh, geovanie is cool, back off

LilbrojX
06-17-2001, 12:09 PM
anyway, stefan is very intelligent, don't you think if he felt geovanie uncapable, he would've been terminated a long time ago?

LilbrojX
06-17-2001, 12:20 PM
dont' forget homosexuality, I think... is that the town that abraham and those other ladies escaped from, the pillar of salt thing?

RawPower
06-17-2001, 01:03 PM
You know what I like about Geovanie? He very nice even when people push him to the limit. Leave him alone hes doing a good job he deserves the job hes done a lot of stuff for graalonline in the past.

fugitive316
06-17-2001, 01:03 PM
So I make mistakes, are all of you perfect? If so where is god and why isn't he holding your hand?

lol I find this quote to be amusing.

LilbrojX
06-17-2001, 01:31 PM
you do? wow, your amused way to easily, geovanie isn't an *******, so dont be an ******* to him

Tybalt
06-17-2001, 01:33 PM
Uh, I'm not being 'childish' or 'arrogant', I just think it's terribley unethical to have the owner of two (badly made) playerworlds in charge of judgment of other people's playerworlds

LilbrojX
06-17-2001, 01:38 PM
you know wut? I think your over it

Tybalt
06-17-2001, 01:41 PM
?

activeconvict
06-17-2001, 01:42 PM
Geovanie is doing a good job, he's not being too harsh. Saying failed and passed is just like a test. And he's the grader. He's marking out good points and the bad points which helps us make corrections to our mistakes.

G_yoshi
06-17-2001, 01:46 PM
i hope when i submit the stuff for my server that i get a good rating :D

Tybalt
06-17-2001, 01:48 PM
I'm not judging his evalutation methods or anything. I'm saying that grr..
Maybe you should just READ my posts instead of seeing them and saying

GEOEO VANIE SI COOL DONT DIS HIM HES NICE HE RUELZ!

vergil
06-17-2001, 01:53 PM
Geovanie please answer this do something for me.
Review your own playerworlds and post it here. You're the reviewer so it's your job. If you won't do it you arent doin your job =\

LilbrojX
06-17-2001, 01:53 PM
wutever dude, I'm kinda dissapointed at stefan though, discouraging me and all

Tybalt
06-17-2001, 01:55 PM
Geovanie please answer this do something for me.
Review your own playerworlds and post it here. You're the reviewer so it's your job. If you won't do it you arent doin your job =\

I agree.

LilbrojX
06-17-2001, 01:58 PM
look at my new sig :) OH CRAP, TYPO!!! oh well, I'm gonna go to bed now

fugitive316
06-17-2001, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by LilbrojX

Please leave the forums and never come back = )
Thanks = )

toad1413
06-17-2001, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by LilbrojX

lol, I like it.