PDA

View Full Version : Sounds

btedji
04-18-2001, 11:09 PM
When graal is open, no other application can use sounds. Some apps make a click come from the system speaker. I have a sound card that is capable of multiple sounds a one time. (What is the name for that feature?) If I dont have graal open and two other applications that use sounds, they can use sounds at the same time. But if I have both those apps and graal, those apps cant use sound! I heard that I need to set up my sound card to use multiple sounds if it is capable but I do not know how. If there is a specific reason why graal seems to steal all the sound resources that would be helpful.

grim_squeaker_x
04-18-2001, 11:12 PM
I think it's just supposed to be the case that Graal takes over all your sound. At least I never hear anything else when I run Graal except when I've got my Graal sound disabled (F1>General Options>Disable Sound Effects).

freddyfox
04-18-2001, 11:53 PM
Huh? I was playing graal while listening to Zombo.com and I heard both sounds perfectly...

Hawk
04-19-2001, 10:11 AM
really?
yes, do all what Grim said....

G_yoshi
04-28-2001, 12:46 AM
i think it depends on what kind of sound card you have.....some can only support 1 app at a time......and some can run on several apps....like mine......i can run winamp and play graal at the same time.....my old laptop....i could run winamp....but i could not here sound from other apps

Spunky2000ca
04-29-2001, 01:36 AM
Mabye, but I have a pretty good sound card, though i forget what its called =D
But I dont bother to listen to the sounds on Graal cause they get horribly repeadative. I just run my music application and listen to music while playing. The only way i get it to work is if I open it before i opne graal. But I havent been able to get any other sounds working while graal is running first either.