PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone! Old graal player coming P2P!

wark2
10-20-2001, 05:31 AM
Hey everyone.. its me Graal Legend.... umm I just got p2p finally ... also ive been on graal since version 1.2.... i bet most of you know me!?!?

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
10-20-2001, 05:35 AM
Nope...

JinZero
10-20-2001, 05:35 AM
Umm No Please Go Away your name is ***.

AlexH
10-20-2001, 05:36 AM
no idea who you are

Jerom
10-20-2001, 05:37 AM
Well now that he's gotten a taste of present Graal...
Welcome to the Graal Communication Center. Would you like to be beaten like a rag doll, hung like a pair of pants on a clothing line, or kicked in the groin like a congressman?

thotijn
10-20-2001, 05:37 AM
no mr dave..and wtf graallegend..f*ck off
i am a graallegend..:o

LilNiglet
10-20-2001, 05:39 AM
I have absolutly no idea who you are.

ZanderX
10-20-2001, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Jerom
Well now that he's gotten a taste of present Graal...
Welcome to the Graal Communication Center. Would you like to be beaten like a rag doll, hung like a pair of pants on a clothing line, or kicked in the groin like a congressman?

I'll take the hung like a pair of pants bit, thanks! :D

Jerom
10-20-2001, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

SCREEEEEEEEECH!!!*gives you a monster weggie, then hangs you on a tree branch by your undies*
You have just been hung like a pair of pants on a clothsline ;)

LilNiglet
10-20-2001, 05:41 AM

X_X!

ZanderX
10-20-2001, 05:45 AM

SCREEEEEEEEECH!!!*gives you a monster weggie, then hangs you on a tree branch by your undies*
You have just been hung like a pair of pants on a clothsline ;)

Comfy.

Jerom
10-20-2001, 05:46 AM

Comfy.
*softly pushes you*
weee
*watches you swing back and forth*

Metal-Slug
10-20-2001, 05:48 AM
hi

Jerom
10-20-2001, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Metal-Slug
hi
1, 2, or 3?

TDK_RC7
10-20-2001, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by JinZero
Umm No Please Go Away your name is ***. Umm No You Go Away your name is ***.

Jerom
10-20-2001, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by TDK_RC7
Umm No You Go Away your name is ***.
Your name can only be ***, if you were born with that name or you have had it legally changed to "***".

spi
10-20-2001, 05:53 AM
There was a Junior High Gym/Guidance teacher named "***."

TDK_RC7
10-20-2001, 05:55 AM

Your name can only be ***, if you were born with that name or you have had it legally changed to "***". that's why he is ***

spi
10-20-2001, 05:58 AM
It was a she. And she looked quite nice, and was straight.

Brandon_Bravo
10-20-2001, 06:00 AM
Come on now, is that any way to welcome a player to Graal 2001? :(

TDK_RC7
10-20-2001, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by spi
It was a she. And she looked quite nice, and was straight. my friend's mom's name is ***la

spi
10-20-2001, 06:02 AM
WHERE DO YOU LIVE?

Sigla
10-20-2001, 06:10 AM
After reading this particular thread, I can say with some assurance that almost everyone who has posted here agrees on two things:

A) We are not aware of who 'wark2' is and thus he has no legendary status, despite his claims to the contrary

and

B) Your name cannot be "***" unless it is either your given name, or you have legally changed it.

End.

smallballn13
10-20-2001, 06:13 AM
Who are you??

Sigla
10-20-2001, 06:26 AM
Sigla - the man once known as the enigmatic Muad'Dib. Or were you talking to someone else? lol

cds96
10-20-2001, 06:32 AM
i call my sister maud, she dosent like it

Sigla
10-20-2001, 06:36 AM
Muad'Dib is pronounced "Moo-awe-deeb." There really isn't anything sounding like "Mod" involved here, but just for the sake of commenting, I wouldn't like to be called Maud either.

cds96
10-20-2001, 06:37 AM
maud from maudellin.

Sigla
10-20-2001, 06:40 AM
As if it would be from somewhere else? lol

Sp1
10-20-2001, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Brandon_Bravo
Come on now, is that any way to welcome a player to Graal 2001? :(
(Griffyn)
yup, it is the proper way

Sigla
10-20-2001, 06:49 AM
New staff initiations are always fun too. lol

TDK_RC7
10-20-2001, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by spi
WHERE DO YOU LIVE? NEW BRIGYHTION.

Sigla
10-20-2001, 06:53 AM
I live in a state of near insanity.

AlkarenHyralt
10-20-2001, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by wark2
Hey everyone.. its me Graal Legend.... umm I just got p2p finally ... also ive been on graal since version 1.2.... i bet most of you know me!?!?

You automaticly claiming you've been playing since 1.2 has ruined it for you. When the first post by someone, includes them saying that they're an oldbie and have been playing since ZO, or 1.2, etc makes me think you are a newcomer to graal, trying to get respect by lieing on which version you started in. I don't care what version you started i, and you will get no more respect from me, then someone who's been playing since..say.. 2.1. Going around telling everyone you're an oldbie and have been play from so and so version has already lowered my respect for you.

Jerom
10-20-2001, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt

You automaticly claiming you've been playing since 1.2 has ruined it for you. When the first post by someone, includes them saying that they're an oldbie and have been playing since ZO, or 1.2, etc makes me think you are a newcomer to graal, trying to get respect by lieing on which version you started in. I don't care what version you started i, and you will get no more respect from me, then someone who's been playing since..say.. 2.1. Going around telling everyone you're an oldbie and have been play from so and so version has already lowered my respect for you.
Ya know I've got some great quotes in my signature ;)

Sp1
10-20-2001, 06:59 AM

(Griffyn)
ive said so many qouteable things its nto even funny

Chrismas
10-20-2001, 07:00 AM
HAh teh grallll welcum comittttee.

Jerom
Originally posted by Sp1

(Griffyn)
ive said so many qouteable things its nto even funny
Or perhaps some of them were funny ;)

Sigla
I'd have to agree with that. Oldbie-ism is more than just having played for long amounts of time anyway. It's a state of mind. I don't really care if a person has played since the very beginning, if they're an immature *******, 'n00b' is still going to pop into my mind. Real oldbies don't normally try to show it off.

Jerom
10-20-2001, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Sigla
I'd have to agree with that. Oldbie-ism is more than just having played for long amounts of time anyway. It's a state of mind. I don't really care if a person has played since the very beginning, if they're an immature *******, 'n00b' is still going to pop into my mind. Real oldbies don't normally try to show it off.
Oldbie stuff isn't fun anymore.
It was cool at first, but then too many people kept making it stupid by making it a social class seperation in Graal.
Take this thread for instance. Somebody who we don't seem to have ever met, comming onto Graal saying they started in whichever version(we do not care what version you started in).

Zulithe
10-20-2001, 07:05 AM
Hey everyone.. its me Graal Legend.... umm I just got p2p finally ... also ive been on graal since version 1.2.... i bet most of you know me!?!? Welcome wark! It doesn't matter what version you started, you're still a newbie here ^_^

AlkarenHyralt
10-20-2001, 07:06 AM

You need to rotate them some; bring in some "fresh" ones.

Sp1
10-20-2001, 07:07 AM

(Griffyn)
<coughs stimulanisly(SPEELING?)>

Chrismas
10-20-2001, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Zulithe
Welcome wark! It doesn't matter what version you started, you're still a newbie here ^_^
hah Zulithe owns us all.

Sigla
10-20-2001, 07:08 AM
In my opinion, you stop being a newbie whenever it is you finally get the hang of things and begin to truly fit in. The more honorable you are, the faster this will happen. I recall that it didn't take me long to pass out of n00bism fairly quickly, but the real question is, when does oldbieism begin? >=P

Jerom
10-20-2001, 07:08 AM

True(read the other thread, I wanna quote something you said).
And I might get rid of some of them, but I still want to keep a few of em so that I can always have a constant reminder of common sense to all those who read my signature.

Sp1
10-20-2001, 07:09 AM
but the real question is, when does oldbieism begin? >=P
(Griffyn)
woah, deep man, deep

Sigla
10-20-2001, 07:09 AM
The truly sad thing is sometimes people DO need to be reminded of what so-called "common" sense is.

AlkarenHyralt
10-20-2001, 07:13 AM

Oldbie..newbie...these don't make you anymore different, then the next person playing Graal. We are all players of Graal, who cares when we started? Does starting sooner then another make someone better then a newer player? Does the "title" oldbie, mean someone is better then a "newbie"--a "n00b"? Also, there is no "oldbie-ism"; that's just something to make someone feel better about themself. "Real oldbies don't normally try to show it off", what's up with that statement? It should not make a difference what version you started in; wether you are an "oldbie" or a "newbie". People seem to think that an "oldbie" is better, more intelligent, better respected, etc then a newer player. And that thinking has lead to all these newer players thinking that the only way they'll be respected, is by claiming they started playing Graal long ago...and people wonder why new players claim they are "oldbies".

AlkarenHyralt
10-20-2001, 07:15 AM

True(read the other thread, I wanna quote something you said).
And I might get rid of some of them, but I still want to keep a few of em so that I can always have a constant reminder of common sense to all those who read my signature.

Pardon me, my mistake. I never mind being quoted (something I said is "good" enough to be quoted?)

Jerom
10-20-2001, 07:16 AM
"Real oldbies don't normally try to show it off", what's up with that statement? It should not make a difference what version you started in; wether you are an "oldbie" or a "newbie". People seem to think that an "oldbie" is better, more intelligent, better respected, etc then a newer player.
Basically, the people who are really elders of the game, know who the other elders of the game are, and have no need to "show off" themselves as being oldbies. So I guess the main point is...oldbies was a stupid fad that was created for fun, but ended up becomming a stupid classification which no longer has any good meaning to it.

Jerom
10-20-2001, 07:19 AM
(something I said is "good" enough to be quoted?)
Check the latest quote in my signature for more details.

Sigla
10-20-2001, 07:21 AM
Perhaps my point was not made entirely clear. lol What I was trying to establish is that the terms 'oldbie' and 'newbie' are, at least in the linear sense, outdated. It is my belief that they should be reapplied in terms of how a player 'carries himself' and the level of maturity that they show in their dealings with others. Under this system, the term 'newbie' would be applied to those who seem to be somewhat, shall we say, immature, while the term 'oldbie' falls to those who play the game with chivalry.

wark2
10-20-2001, 07:24 AM
OK! Yall dont know me... but i know you guys... so just god damn say you know me... i seen almost every conversation in the Communtication center and i know what you guys are like.... so ill be on... just remember [email protected]!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sigla
10-20-2001, 07:27 AM
Most of the time you can't say you truly 'know' someone until you've talked to them at length and they have shared some of themselves with you. I'm sorta doubting that's the case here.

spi
10-20-2001, 07:28 AM

Sigla
10-20-2001, 07:30 AM
That's what I said, just in a few more words. =p

revalation
10-20-2001, 07:33 AM
OK! Yall dont know me... but i know you guys... so just god damn say you know me... i seen almost every conversation in the Communtication center and i know what you guys are like.... so ill be on... just remember [email protected]!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You could atleast say hi.
:(

- I am the one, and only Legend of Graal!
That makes me not like you.

spi
10-20-2001, 07:34 AM
he says he is "kronan."
Kronan started around the 1.41-2.01

LoneWolf_Mithica
10-20-2001, 07:34 AM
Truth Sigla, for example, two months ago I thought you were a complete *******, now look... I'm backing you up! LOL!

Sp1
10-20-2001, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by spi
he says he is "kronan."
Kronan started around the 1.41-2.01
(Griffyn)
yOor stoopid, itz kromangansixies brothior

Sigla
10-20-2001, 07:36 AM
Just goes to show you, even YOU are wrong sometimes, right Lone? I think the problem was we were both a little too sarcastic for our own good. lol Looking back, it was actually kind of fun. *whap*

LoneWolf_Mithica
10-20-2001, 07:39 AM
pfft, sarcasm is a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands, and watch who you're whapping. Don't make me pull out the railgun toting penguin!!

James
10-20-2001, 07:41 AM
oh god im seriously dying here ahaha

Sigla
10-20-2001, 07:41 AM
We'd better keep it down. If Silver gets word of this, it's liable to become Whap War III... actually, this time I'm on equal playing ground, so bring it on! lol

LoneWolf_Mithica
10-20-2001, 07:43 AM
Don't challange Silver! He'll bring his hardware based girlfriend!!! AHHHHHH

Sigla
10-20-2001, 07:48 AM
You mean his "little server o' lovin'?" Silver left her some time ago actually... or so his says. If I were her, I'd be glad. From what she tells me (I'm sort of her confidante) his SCSI cable really is 'low bandwith.'

Jerom
10-20-2001, 07:49 AM
You mean his "little server o' lovin'?" Silver left her some time ago actually... or so his says. If I were her, I'd be glad. From what she tells me (I'm sort of her confidante) his SCSI cable really is 'low bandwith.'
PLAYED!!!

LoneWolf_Mithica
10-20-2001, 07:49 AM
Actually I heard the NPC Server decided to go out with a hot IIS Server... then it crashed on her during the "after data special"

Sigla
10-20-2001, 07:53 AM
This just in, she says that his 'upload time' was too fast, as well.

Jerom
10-20-2001, 07:55 AM
This just in, she says that his 'upload time' was too fast, as well.
Not enough RAM either, right?

AlkarenHyralt
10-20-2001, 07:56 AM

You're making no sense to me.

Sigla
10-20-2001, 07:59 AM

Not enough RAM either, right?

Exactly. And we all know that in some cases 'Virtual' memory just won't get the job done. >=P

Jerom
10-20-2001, 08:00 AM

Exactly. And we all know that in some cases 'Virtual' memory just won't get the job done. >=P
I guess his processing chip would overload too quickly, eh?

Sigla
10-20-2001, 08:08 AM
He just doesn't have the clockspeed, so-to-speak.

JinZero
10-20-2001, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by TDK_RC7
Umm No You Go Away your name is ***.
Umm No, What kind of name is Graal Legend? This guys ego must be bigger than the empty levels on Graal 3000.

Sigla
10-20-2001, 08:40 AM
Is that even possible? O_O

Shayde
10-20-2001, 08:43 AM
I am an oldbie, pretty much.. I've been around for over 2 years.. I present myself reasonably intelligent in the forums, but I act like a fool on graal, it's just who I am.
Newbies..oldbie, they matter. The older players are obviously treated with a higher level of respect and are far more well known than someone called Bob9070953 that has been playing for 3 minutes to someone like Lord Chimp, Antago, SuperNick who has been playing for yonks.

The newer players than claim to have been playing since the beginning make it blatently obvious by saying 'AWW I STARTED IN ZO BUT LEFT AND CAME BACK TODAY' or something similarly stupid. Being a 'newbie' or an 'oldbie' is completely different. When we started were the good days of graal, we're just the decendants of the old and preferred graal, back in the day of the bottle, dash attack, classic guild to guild wars.

I don't think you should wonder why the newer players want to known as oldbies, it is obvious, what we should be asking is why they bother with the pithy excuses they make and why they must degrade themselves by making lies to be cool to the graal community.

(replying to AlkarenHyralt's post)

AlkarenHyralt
10-20-2001, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Shayde
I am an oldbie, pretty much.. I've been around for over 2 years.. I present myself reasonably intelligent in the forums, but I act like a fool on graal, it's just who I am.

You're missing my point I think; I could be wrong though.
It shouldn't matter when someone started, it should only matter how they act...

Newbies..oldbie, they matter. The older players are obviously treated with a higher level of respect and are far more well known than someone called Bob9070953 that has been playing for 3 minutes to someone like Lord Chimp, Antago, SuperNick who has been playing for yonks.

No they don't matter... it's used either as a title for someone people should automaticly repsect, and who must be super smart because they've been playing for a year or two.. or soemone who has just begun to play... The titles themselves should have never been introduced to Graal (I guess newbie couldn't be helped). But the term "newbie" and/or "n00b" is used, almost in a derogatory(sp) sense now-a-days. Do you judge someone by their online hours also? Does more hours = greater respect? better yet, how about all these "newbies" have to have a large buble on them so everyone knows they're new and can automaticly begin to make fun of them, and put them down, on site.

The newer players than claim to have been playing since the beginning make it blatently obvious by saying 'AWW I STARTED IN ZO BUT LEFT AND CAME BACK TODAY' or something similarly stupid. Being a 'newbie' or an 'oldbie' is completely different.

No it isn't...all that is different is the changing of three letters..and automatic assumation an "oldbie" is better then a "newbie".

When we started were the good days of graal, we're just the decendants of the old and preferred graal, back in the day of the bottle, dash attack, classic guild to guild wars.

I don't think you should wonder why the newer players want to known as oldbies, it is obvious, what we should be asking is why they bother with the pithy excuses they make and why they must degrade themselves by making lies to be cool to the graal community.

(replying to AlkarenHyralt's post)

Possibley because of people like you, who seem to think there is...light years of differnce between someone who is a "newbie" and someone who is an "oldbie".

Shayde
10-20-2001, 09:00 AM
Oldbies don't claim anything, most of us are titled by others.
So, what you're trying to say, is someone that just started then should be respected because he acts intelligent, smart and all the rest of it, that to me, seems wrong.
(I have a way of twisting words, but when you think about it, it's right.)

AlkarenHyralt
10-20-2001, 09:07 AM
So, what you're trying to say, is someone that just started then should be respected because he acts intelligent, smart and all the rest of it, that to me, seems wrong.

Yes. Intelligence, maturity, etc = respect. If anyone respects me, I should hope that's how I eanred it.

Sigla
10-20-2001, 09:21 AM

I concur. By the way, what do you call someone who's not a n00b, and isn't yet in the oldbie range? lol

LoneWolf_Mithica
10-20-2001, 09:18 PM
a Midbie, I have been called this in many many games, it's not bad, but you still get no respect LOL!

Sigla
10-20-2001, 10:09 PM
There are a hell of a lot of midbies runnin' around then. lol