PDA

View Full Version : Graal2001 future

Minoc
10-19-2001, 03:43 AM
I just wonder, would G2K1 be abandoned and become worse after Graal New World will come out? (Like what happened to classic after G2K1 came out)

KrAnKyP2P
10-19-2001, 03:45 AM
probably :(

grim_squeaker_x
10-19-2001, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Minoc
become worseDon't say the impossible.
(Just kidding ;) )

GrimMoogle
10-19-2001, 03:46 AM
better not do. If NewWorld is gonna be pay it might.. but otherwise I think 2k1 would still be king. Unless 2k1 got converteted to new world that is...

Metal-Slug
10-19-2001, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by GrimMoogle
better not do. If NewWorld is gonna be pay it might.. but otherwise I think 2k1 would still be king. Unless 2k1 got converteted to new world that is...

ya

KrAnKyP2P
10-19-2001, 03:51 AM
new world IS going to be p2p

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
10-19-2001, 04:51 AM
Stefan said New World will be part of the whole p2p package, I hope Graal 2001 doesn't get disbanded, I'd still like to back to my grass roots and play some good ol' new main

Sjc2k1
10-19-2001, 04:53 AM
if graal2001 stays up i will probably play that more than new world unless new world there is more rping

AlkarenHyralt
10-19-2001, 05:02 AM
I thought you wer going to outline what you thought the future of new main would be, based on the title. :)

Shorty2Dope
10-19-2001, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Sjc2k1
if graal2001 stays up i will probably play that more than new world unless new world there is more rping

yea im waiting to see a good RPing server.. im sick of thes elame servers with no plots and just throws things at you with evry staff perosn having LAT boots and a million staff NPCs.. i have only seen one sorda RPing server which looked good.. forget the name..

Sjc2k1
10-19-2001, 05:07 AM
i love rping since i try and get away from the real world as much as possible when i step into graal. and i hate seeing the same things you havea already mentioned graal2001 used to be good for rping when celts and kalaron just came out but after that it went down hill

Tyhm
10-19-2001, 05:10 AM
I thought Classic got much better...?

AlkarenHyralt
10-19-2001, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm

Not really. It's so laggy, I've been cheated out of 2 fullhearts.

Qwert616
10-19-2001, 05:14 AM
Classic never really was abandoned (It has about 200+ on at times) and it didin't really get worse content wise.

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
10-19-2001, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt

Not really. It's so laggy, I've been cheated out of 2 fullhearts.
YES!
Just gun it past the NPC's and the other little triggers and grab the heart

Vincent_TK
10-19-2001, 05:29 AM

Classic > Graal2001

Minoc
10-19-2001, 05:28 PM
ah... no!Some of the things you added might be good, but you deleted alot of good old stuff to put 'em.

RawPower
10-19-2001, 05:30 PM
Classic didn't get worse, it just got laggy...It's improving all the time.

Minoc
10-19-2001, 05:40 PM
Sure thats why so many people quit after Classic started to change.
Classic was always laggy, the removing of all the good things ruined it =\

NotoriousBLT
10-19-2001, 05:45 PM
Sure thats why so many people quit after Classic started to change.
Classic was always laggy, the removing of all the good things ruined it =\
The old days of Classic were better, I want Classic to be lag free. That would own.

JeffTL
10-20-2001, 12:10 AM
Yes, Tyhm...Classic has gotten really good under your reign. Yet Old Graal could be used more...tis a good storage receptacle for old levels people want to keep.

DarkPyro_2001
10-20-2001, 12:18 AM
Who said that Classic was abandoned? Normally it has over 2 times as many people on than G2k1. Out of the 900-some people who play Graal at a time, Classic and G2k1 make up over 33% of that.

I do agree that the lag can really be a problem too, and I have had some trouble, fullheart-wise. For some strange reason, the Midas Hera Hut (where the old fullheart in the Fairy Well was) is blocked by a golden sign. It's also the only hut that I haven't gotten a fulheart from...

DarkPyro_2001
10-20-2001, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by JeffTL
Yes, Tyhm...Classic has gotten really good under your reign. Yet Old Graal could be used more...tis a good storage receptacle for old levels people want to keep.
Yup. :D

Tyhm
10-20-2001, 04:28 AM
Old Graal is Chimpy's domain, talk to him. I figure if he ever quits, it'd make a good playerworld...but everyone who's requested the levels never comes back, so eh. Sorry if you guys miss the old stuff, I'm trying to be evenhanded about it...but bad stuff has to be fixed or removed. Bad tiling, quests that don't work, houses with bad warps, I dun care how accustomed people get to having to do a trick to get into a house, I'm fixing it. The stuff in Snow Town's area is only down temporarily, Gesh was in the middle of updating when his comp's power got struck by lightning, so that's been slightly delayed...and those of you who wanted Avalon and Destiny to stay the same place forever can cope, and those of you who liked all the quest items being in one giant cave can cope, 'cuz I ain't goin' back on those. I've explained the Hera shift too many times already...

TDK_RC7
10-20-2001, 04:42 AM
I love Graal Classic, I think it would be cool thought if they would make it so people with p2p accounts would be able to choose to play classic only with other p2pers, so there there would be hardly any lag on the server.

Minoc
10-20-2001, 04:43 AM
Old Graal is Chimpy's domain, talk to him. I figure if he ever quits, it'd make a good playerworld...but everyone who's requested the levels never comes back, so eh. Sorry if you guys miss the old stuff, I'm trying to be evenhanded about it...but bad stuff has to be fixed or removed. Bad tiling, quests that don't work, houses with bad warps, I dun care how accustomed people get to having to do a trick to get into a house, I'm fixing it. The stuff in Snow Town's area is only down temporarily, Gesh was in the middle of updating when his comp's power got struck by lightning, so that's been slightly delayed...and those of you who wanted Avalon and Destiny to stay the same place forever can cope, and those of you who liked all the quest items being in one giant cave can cope, 'cuz I ain't goin' back on those. I've explained the Hera shift too many times already...
=(

KrAnKyP2P
10-20-2001, 04:48 AM
i bet this is what will happen to graal... craig will have everyone banned because his friend made fake logs of hackers

JinZero
10-20-2001, 04:49 AM
I feel like quiting Graal 2001, but I can't. But when New World im leaving graal 2001and im going to order the first day :D
Graal 2001 won't be abandoned, it will be filled with newbies. There are alot of newbies on graal 2001 right now too, i miss the old graal 2001 when there was like only 40 people on a day, and that was like in Feb/March/April :(

TDK_RC7
10-20-2001, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by KrAnKyP2P
i bet this is what will happen to graal... craig will have everyone banned because his friend made fake logs of hackers ono!

Jerom
10-20-2001, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by JinZero
I feel like quiting Graal 2001, but I can't. But when New World comes out im going to order the first day :D
Graal 2001 won't be abandoned, it will be filled with newbies. There are alot of newbies on graal 2001 right now too, i miss the old graal 2001 when there was like only 40 people on a day, and that was like in Feb/March/April :(
I don't miss anything now.
I just don't want to see "SSJ99999 BOBBY", "1337 [email protected]", "The Game", "Person#23{married to themself}[proud member of paused]-=parent of person#32=-", etc

Minoc
10-20-2001, 04:52 AM
Tyhm, just answer this one question plz =P
WHY did you remove all those things from classic?

TDK_RC7
10-20-2001, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Jerom

I just don't want to see "SSJ99999 BOBBY", "1337 [email protected]", "The Game", "Person#23{married to themself}[proud member of paused]-=parent of person#32=-", etc I have never seen stupid people with those names. I did, however, meet Gohan{SuperSayan} on classic today, and I pked him.

Jerom
10-20-2001, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by TDK_RC7
I have never seen stupid people with those names. I did, however, meet Gohan{SuperSayan} on classic today, and I pked him.
oh, you must not have been playing very long.
Go on Classic and you'll see a bunch of em.

TDK_RC7
10-20-2001, 04:57 AM

oh, you must not have been playing very long.
Go on Classic and you'll see a bunch of em. I have, but most people on classic arent idiots, they just come from a different graal culture.

Jerom
10-20-2001, 04:58 AM
I have, but most people on classic arent idiots, they just come from a different graal culture.
Yeah....I remember those days.
I can still remember Santa's HOOOOOO train ;)

TDK_RC7
10-20-2001, 04:59 AM

I can still remember Santa's HOOOOOO train ;) I still get on classic every once in a while and harass people with One Stoned Kittah :D

DarkPyro_2001
10-20-2001, 05:02 AM

I just don't want to see "SSJ99999 BOBBY", "1337 [email protected]", "The Game", "Person#23{married to themself}[proud member of paused]-=parent of person#32=-", etc
Would you prefer me as an unhappy member of (paused)?

TDK_RC7
10-20-2001, 05:05 AM

I can still remember Santa's HOOOOOO train ;) shouldnt you take that GRAALIANS pic out of your sig?

Jerom
10-20-2001, 05:08 AM
shouldnt you take that GRAALIANS pic out of your sig?
Well since Lycia hasn't been around for a while(not sure if G.R.A.A.L.I.A.N.S. is active)... I guess I could.
I need to clean up my signature anyway.

JeffTL
10-20-2001, 05:11 AM
Y'know Tyhm...Chimp wouldn't be too upset if you went through and put some of the older houses (Honzo's Bar for instance) in Silmaria.

Jerom
10-20-2001, 05:12 AM
Y'know Tyhm...Chimp wouldn't be too upset if you went through and put some of the older houses (Honzo's Bar for instance) in Silmaria.
For some reason I keep wanting secret spot back... odd isn't it?

TDK_RC7
10-20-2001, 05:17 AM

Well since Lycia hasn't been around for a while(not sure if G.R.A.A.L.I.A.N.S. is active)... I guess I could.
I need to clean up my signature anyway. I think Lycia was banned.

Jerom
10-20-2001, 05:18 AM
I think Lycia was banned.
Uhm....*insert cuss word here to emphasize confusion*?

Minoc
I want old graal castle back =(
It was fun to go there and to kill all the people that were there over and over again.
Now its a stupid castle with some stupid LOG NPCs and with no pk zone script on most of its levels =\

TDK_RC7

Uhm....*insert cuss word here to emphasize confusion*? I dunno, I think she was, but I was around at the time.

CoolAnge
10-20-2001, 05:21 AM
Classic, Everyone says it's laggy, but I think they are just seeing things. Lag on Classic hasn't changed much in the past year, just login takes a month. Classic has taken a turn for the player worlds. Everything is starting to look player world like to me. And is it just me or are all the NPCs off there place and in the sides of the levels?
Graal2001, My guess is it will become Classic2 when New World comes out. A world that rots away. My second guess is it keeps up with more and more mini-games and maybe more jobs. My last guess is that they won't deleted. It may at some point leave p2p once it's so old and no one plays.

Jerom
10-20-2001, 05:22 AM
It was fun to go there and to kill all the people that were there over and over again.
Now its a stupid castle with some stupid LOG NPCs and with no pk zone script on most of its levels =\
Yes!! I remember when Vermain use to run in the castle with a different costume and name, then try to beat like...10 of us(always getting the crap beat out of him), but the important thing is that he RPed throughout it all =)
I too miss the fun battles with 213453215 people fighting for the throne.

Minoc
10-20-2001, 05:23 AM
Angu go on ICQ %@%@J&#

CoolAnge
10-20-2001, 05:23 AM

Oh yes Minoc is so right! Too many no PK zones! It makes everyone PK in level14! And I liked the old clastle too.

Jerom
10-20-2001, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by CoolAnge

Oh yes Minoc is so right! Too many no PK zones! It makes everyone PK in level14! And I liked the old clastle too.
You mean to tell me nobody ever PKs in level13.graal anymore??????:eek: :confused: :megaeek:

Minoc
10-20-2001, 05:25 AM

Yes!! I remember when Vermain use to run in the castle with a different costume and name, then try to beat like...10 of us(always getting the crap beat out of him), but the important thing is that he RPed throughout it all =)
I too miss the fun battles with 213453215 people fighting for the throne.
Yeah, I had so many wars in there, even sometimes me and a few others massed about a stupid "party" in the throne room, so after 20 newbies got there we killed 'em all.
I miss it =(

Jerom
10-20-2001, 05:27 AM

Yeah, I had so many wars in there, even sometimes me and a few others massed about a stupid "party" in the throne room, so after 20 newbies got there we killed 'em all.
I miss it =(
heh, we kind of did that with DARK LETTUCE on NewMain.
"
Mass Message:
quitting graal, giving out gralat at admin house"
We would block the doors with green gralats, then let the PK party begin. After a while the police would come(and some people with warpto), to break up the PKing and to get rid of the gralat blocking the door. When all was calm, we would get jailed for creating havoc :D

CoolAnge
10-20-2001, 05:31 AM
I was King of the Clastle a few times. I had some loyal guards who sucked but it was fun!

And PKing in level13 is rare.

Jerom
10-20-2001, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by CoolAnge
I was King of the Clastle a few times. I had some loyal guards who sucked but it was fun!

And PKing in level13 is rare. \
r...r-rare?......
Are we speaking of GRAAL right now????

Minoc
10-20-2001, 05:33 AM
I was king in graal castle too in the first months I played Graal, I even made a guild for it althrough only me and 3 other ppl were good out of 50 =P

Jerom
10-20-2001, 05:35 AM
I was king in graal castle too in the first months I played Graal, I even made a guild for it althrough only me and 3 other ppl were good out of 50 =P
Not to be mean or anything...
But when NBK first came out, you guys were sooo sooo dissed by everyone. You shouldn't have started the guild in the potion shop either, nobody really liked that, heh.:D

DarkPyro_2001
10-20-2001, 05:35 AM
People just like to PK by the bank and in Angel Clan more.
Of course, they still PK in level13, just not as much as before.

Btw, I miss the the thing where everyone claimed to be King of Graal, too. Me was King, but my fricking guards really SUCKED.

Minoc
10-20-2001, 05:39 AM

But when NBK first came out, you guys were sooo sooo dissed by everyone. You shouldn't have started the guild in the potion shop either, nobody really liked that, heh.:D
I wasn't in NBK back than.
I joined NBK almost 7 months ago and got kicked lately by Shayde cause I deleted Graal =(
When I was a newbie I didn't like NBK, I always had wars again it in the old graal castle :p

Jerom
10-20-2001, 05:40 AM

I wasn't in NBK back than.
I joined NBK almost 7 months ago and got kicked lately by Shayde cause I deleted Graal =(
When I was a newbie I didn't like NBK, I always had wars again it in the old graal castle :p
heh, well some of the first things I remember about NBK, was that they really liked taking over the Potion Shop and not letting anyone get potions without paying them first.

Minoc
10-20-2001, 05:43 AM
Graal was more fun in the good times of classic.
I'd rather pay for classic as it used to be instead of paying for g2k1.

Jerom
10-20-2001, 05:44 AM
Graal was more fun in the good times of classic.
Yes...
I don't know if I would pay for old Graal though.
I could just run to my friend's house to get my zip disk, and play on old Graal :)

Minoc
10-20-2001, 05:46 AM

Yes...
I don't know if I would pay for old Graal though.
I could just run to my friend's house to get my zip disk, and play on old Graal :)
Yeah but you can't play it online so its boring =\

Jerom
10-20-2001, 05:47 AM

Yeah but you can't play it online so its boring =\
Wanna bet?*opens up 1.27 server*
Thats as far back as I go when it comes to Gservers, the rest aren't worth it if you ask me.

Minoc
10-20-2001, 05:51 AM
Not enough people play on old graal servers, it won't be so fun =(

Tyhm
10-20-2001, 04:43 PM
I'd like to remind you all of an old whiner's convention: if you can't keep up with the news, you can't complain. Indeed, level13 is not a nopking zone, and further old graal castle has not been removed. If you guys paid even the tiniest smidge of attention you'd know that already, but noooooo, just because it isn't exactly the same as you remember it being a year ago....

Minoc
10-20-2001, 05:04 PM
I'd like to remind you all of an old whiner's convention: if you can't keep up with the news, you can't complain. Indeed, level13 is not a nopking zone, and further old graal castle has not been removed. If you guys paid even the tiniest smidge of attention you'd know that already, but noooooo, just because it isn't exactly the same as you remember it being a year ago....
You made a small secret opening on the new castle to enter the old one, I know it. But no one ever goes there cause only a few people know about this place, and the way is too long =(

Antago
10-20-2001, 07:34 PM

You changed it so much that we don't even know, or even care for that matter, what's going on anymore.

Minoc
10-20-2001, 07:40 PM
Yeah, changes in Graal are good, but not when they come instead of old better things. I don't care at all about the new things that come on classic cause good things always get removed.
Also, Graal is made for the players, if most players want the old levels to be back, than they should be back (unless there is a valid reason not to), if you will do what most people want alot of the old players will come back and Graal will be much better.

JeffTL
10-20-2001, 11:02 PM
The old Graal Castle wasn't too good anyway...and frankly you can never have too many zorbis. I think, actually, that there is a level in Old Graal that needs removing. A cheap, poor-made place that mimics a quest, it's right where the Moon Tower originally was, back in the Wong canyon that was replaced by Babord, at the Water for Wanderers sign. Most people remember that location as sheer rock as in levelpack 7/2000, or at least a green building as in levelpack 12/2000.

Minoc
10-21-2001, 03:21 AM
The old Graal Castle wasn't too good anyway...
No!
The old castle owned.
The new castle sucks, I think some LOG newbies made it.

joeycmoore
10-21-2001, 04:17 AM
damn those LOG newbies

Minoc
10-21-2001, 04:19 AM
Tyhm accepted it!
Its 75% his fault =(
It's so sad that now there are people that claim to be kings or queens (like Undine), and I can't kill 'em in the throne room =(

Tyhm
10-21-2001, 05:41 AM
Actually, I wound up making the whole thing myself. The old castle is still under the new castle because A) the new castle needs an NPC king to assign quests if we're ever going to have any sort of plot to the game and B) you guys insisted on it still existing. shockedfrog said part of the charm was how ludicrously difficult it was to get to; you can't get there from the north, or the east, and certainly not from the west, the only way in is to go all the way around through swamp town.

Plus it was messing up the river, broken in like a million places, redundant, mostly filler...if it hadn't got so many complaints, maybe it'd still be The Castle, but there would still be a king on the throne, and you whiners would still be complaining.
Where, then, would be a better central-graal location of obvious importance where the newbie player would naturally gravitate to when starting a quest?

Jerom
10-21-2001, 05:42 AM
The current castle system sucks because we can't hopelessly slaughter the royalty ;)

Tyhm
10-21-2001, 11:11 AM
yet. ^_~

AlkarenHyralt
10-21-2001, 11:28 AM
Does Undine still claim to be the Queen Of Graal, on classic?

Qwert616
10-21-2001, 11:40 AM
Hmmm the times that I were on I didn't see her...but I believe she is still claiming to be queen.

grim_squeaker_x
10-21-2001, 06:02 PM
Actually, I wound up making the whole thing myself. The old castle is still under the new castle because A) the new castle needs an NPC king to assign quests if we're ever going to have any sort of plot to the game and B) you guys insisted on it still existing. shockedfrog said part of the charm was how ludicrously difficult it was to get to; you can't get there from the north, or the east, and certainly not from the west, the only way in is to go all the way around through swamp town.Isn't the passage in the eastern guard room (The one with all the archer guys) there anymore?

thotijn
10-21-2001, 06:30 PM
Undine, lives in my city...sad me :(

Minoc
10-21-2001, 09:43 PM
Does Undine still claim to be the Queen Of Graal, on classic?
Undine was banned on downloading a trainer.

Minoc
10-21-2001, 09:46 PM
yet. ^_~
And we don't want to kill NPCs or people you will make "officialy" king\queen.
All people want is the same old castle in the same place it used to be.

AlkarenHyralt
10-22-2001, 01:44 AM

Undine was banned on downloading a trainer.

Hahahahahaha GOOD! I was hoping she would never upgrade her account.

Jerom
10-22-2001, 01:45 AM

Hahahahahaha GOOD! I was hoping she would never upgrade her account.
Word mah brotha!

Darkman2001
10-22-2001, 02:42 AM

Hehe We were hated because we were a new guild, we talked a LOT of ****, but we could actually back it up. Older players in more established guilds would call us newbies, we would ask them to spar, me or Draxi would own them, then they would feel stupid and hate us more. a vicious cycle.

The potion shop stuff was just fun though ;)

Darkman2001
10-22-2001, 02:44 AM
1.27 = Pinnacle of graal classic levels. In my opinion.

Vincent_TK
10-22-2001, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Darkman2001

Hehe We were hated because we were a new guild, we talked a LOT of ****, but we could actually back it up. Older players in more established guilds would call us newbies, we would ask them to spar, me or Draxi would own them, then they would feel stupid and hate us more. a vicious cycle.

What did happen to Draxi? I never could beat him =[

Tyhm
10-22-2001, 10:44 AM
Minoc, you are rapidly approaching the post of most depressingly ill-informed entity it has ever been my displeasure to meet. Read the posts. I have to have a hub to all quests. I am still willing to take any REASONABLE suggestions on other castle-like places in the middle of Graal that newbies naturally gravitate towards and start asking about quests. Maybe I'm the only one on this forum who has any memory of walking into the old castle and asking where the plot starts, but we've all done it at some point or another. When we started Graal, we looked for a storyline, a plot, a quest, some thread to follow. When it turned out not to exist, THAT's when we started having unofficial king-fights in the throne room.
But back to the point; the original idea was to keep the old castle there and put the new castle on the plateau by level15.graal.
That woulda been stupid, 2 big official castles within 5 levels of each other! So what? What do you want? You want me to just take out the king so you can say it's you? So you can fight like you used to when there was no point? Tough, I ain't gonna. You want me to move the quest somewhere else so you can have your castle back? Do you have any foresight at all?

Nearly every post added to this thread only increases my belief that the people who complain the loudest are the people who listen the least...

CoolAnge
10-22-2001, 11:04 AM
Minoc, you are rapidly approaching the post of most depressingly ill-informed entity it has ever been my displeasure to meet. Read the posts. I have to have a hub to all quests. I am still willing to take any REASONABLE suggestions on other castle-like places in the middle of Graal that newbies naturally gravitate towards and start asking about quests. Maybe I'm the only one on this forum who has any memory of walking into the old castle and asking where the plot starts, but we've all done it at some point or another. When we started Graal, we looked for a storyline, a plot, a quest, some thread to follow. When it turned out not to exist, THAT's when we started having unofficial king-fights in the throne room.
But back to the point; the original idea was to keep the old castle there and put the new castle on the plateau by level15.graal.
That woulda been stupid, 2 big official castles within 5 levels of each other! So what? What do you want? You want me to just take out the king so you can say it's you? So you can fight like you used to when there was no point? Tough, I ain't gonna. You want me to move the quest somewhere else so you can have your castle back? Do you have any foresight at all?

Nearly every post added to this thread only increases my belief that the people who complain the loudest are the people who listen the least...

Why I liked Graal when I first found it was because it didn't have a plot! It was fun looking for the quests and doing them in any order. Sure, sometimes I'd get mad because help was hard to find and without a storyline or anything to follow it was hard. I was playing a new account on Classic just last week and it takes 15-20 minutes just to have get out into the world and it's not like I can go everywhere just yet. I have to get lots of hera because and most of the stuff before I can go everywhere.

thotijn
10-22-2001, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Darkman2001

same thing happend to police on newmain...

when it first came out, we were hated so much by the ET and normal players, coz they said we are so corrupt and things like that.
Jack was policechief and me, ultimate the panda, and 2 other guys were police (Dont know there names anymore)...

MadBrad (then ET Admin) said to me once: ''Join the ET its much better then police''.
and look at the police now. Everyone wants to join it.
so i guess...
a new guild has to take it's time, before it will be accepted.:o

Minoc
10-23-2001, 03:41 AM

Couldn't you just stick with the old castle and just expend it and add things for the stupid plot you want? I don't even get why it needs a plot, many succesful online games don't have a plot, look at Ultima Online, people say its the best online game ever but it doesn't even have a small tiny plot.
And why did you remove destiny?

Fidel Castro
10-23-2001, 04:59 AM
when i started classic i walked out of the beginning learn how to do basic stuff levels and came out by the bank, which had like lycias house above it etc., don't remember much of a castle

Tyhm
10-23-2001, 08:22 AM
And just how exactly am I supposed to have the leader of the kingdom give players glove 1 and point them towards the gnome quest if there's a constant war in the throne room over who exactly the leader is?!? You see my dillema.

And why did you remove destiny?

Case in point: I DID NOT REMOVE DESTINY! IT'S STILL THERE, JUST MOVED! It's south of Swamp town now, and I audited the houses *mocking-gasp*, crushing the ones that would never have been uploaded were it not for Antago and should never have been approved in the first place. Even those are still on the server, just unlinked.

I'm willing to hear out any constructive criticism you guys have (why else would I be here? To hear my own voice, I can do that anywhere...), provided you guys have the tiniest clue what you're talking about. "YUO=***G0T 4 DELETX0RING DESTINY!" is neither constructive nor informed.

psihunter
10-23-2001, 08:37 AM
And just how exactly am I supposed to have the leader of the kingdom give players glove 1 and point them towards the gnome quest if there's a constant war in the throne room over who exactly the leader is?!? You see my dillema.

Case in point: I DID NOT REMOVE DESTINY! IT'S STILL THERE, JUST MOVED! It's south of Swamp town now, and I audited the houses *mocking-gasp*, crushing the ones that would never have been uploaded were it not for Antago and should never have been approved in the first place. Even those are still on the server, just unlinked.

I'm willing to hear out any constructive criticism you guys have (why else would I be here? To hear my own voice, I can do that anywhere...), provided you guys have the tiniest clue what you're talking about. "YUO=***G0T 4 DELETX0RING DESTINY!" is neither constructive nor informed.

Make me a temple on Graal Classic

Sp1
10-23-2001, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by psihunter

Make me a temple on Graal Classic
(Griffyn)
why do YOU get a temple??!!!128

psihunter
10-23-2001, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Sp1

(Griffyn)
why do YOU get a temple??!!!128

I am the demon god!

Sp1
10-23-2001, 08:54 AM

I am the demon god!
(Griffyn)
my temple

AlkarenHyralt
10-23-2001, 08:57 AM

I am the demon god!

Mr. Demon God, can the fallen angel have a place in your temple? :(

JeffTL
10-23-2001, 09:49 AM
Az's Nightclub? Zol's? The Area 13 Building? There's always Li's, the Moontower, Angel Clan, the bank, and so forth.

Shayde
10-23-2001, 09:25 PM
NBK still gets called newbies, but that's after I insult the person, prove them wrong, PK them, own them over and over or they are newbies themselves -.-

Minoc
10-26-2001, 03:43 AM

Why should Graal have a leader? You don't have to make that the "king" will give the gloves to the players.
About Destiny, you should have just said it before, don't get so mad =\
Maybe you should make signs to it or something cause about a month ago when I asked people where is Destiny cause it wasn't at the location I remembered they said it was removed =(

Tyhm
10-26-2001, 09:15 AM
1) It was in the news
2) It was on the level updates log
3) You had but to ask
4) For all you know there ARE signs saying where it is now. When's the last time you (or any unnewbified Graalian)'s bothered to read one?

Oh yeah, and regarding the king: players have come to expect royalty to play an integral part in any castle, or any kingdom. There's a good king, an evil king, or a helpless princess; hardly ever an empty throneroom where a bunch of pkers and trainers throw tiles and push statues around.

CoolAnge
10-26-2001, 11:36 AM
1) It was in the news
2) It was on the level updates log
3) You had but to ask
4) For all you know there ARE signs saying where it is now. When's the last time you (or any unnewbified Graalian)'s bothered to read one?

Oh yeah, and regarding the king: players have come to expect royalty to play an integral part in any castle, or any kingdom. There's a good king, an evil king, or a helpless princess; hardly ever an empty throneroom where a bunch of pkers and trainers throw tiles and push statues around.

I rarely go to te level updates log. And there are new signs you can read? Well put a feather in my hat and call it macaroni.

Qwert616
10-26-2001, 11:43 AM

I have a question about the whole giving the Antago NPC stones for the Destiny wall. Do you (or someone else) have an idea for that? For example, Lizardons actually creating a town there if the wall gets destroyed...or is it just there for now?

Just curious

Minoc
10-26-2001, 03:03 PM
So what?
The main point is: it was fun!

Minoc
10-27-2001, 06:20 AM
And who checks the levels logs anyway? I don't even know where the logs are.

Tyhm
10-27-2001, 06:21 AM
Yeah it was fun, but counterproductive. In a perfect world newbies and reviewers (pretty much all reviewers are newbies, mind) would come in and be thrilled by the total lack of flow, instead of writing it off as being "Unfinished" and never coming back--or upgrading.

The idea with the wall was if nobody ever gave him any stones, the wall would crumble eventually and there would be another attack. Too much work though.

AlexH
10-27-2001, 06:23 AM
Yeah it was fun, but counterproductive. In a perfect world newbies and reviewers (pretty much all reviewers are newbies, mind) would come in and be thrilled by the total lack of flow, instead of writing it off as being "Unfinished" and never coming back--or upgrading.

The idea with the wall was if nobody ever gave him any stones, the wall would crumble eventually and there would be another attack. Too much work though.

nothing is ever finished
there is always room for improvement somewhere
no matter how small an change

Minoc
10-27-2001, 06:29 AM

Reviewers won't give high rating for the game if they see people don't have fun in it.

Minoc
10-27-2001, 06:31 AM
And thats why I think there should be a server with old levels, that will be classic classic =P

Qwert616
10-27-2001, 07:26 AM
Oh, I get it. They would eventually move up into Swamp Town, etc. I drop off a rock every now and again if i'm walking by. Right now it is at -2000.