PDA

View Full Version : Server Idea

Petey84
10-18-2001, 10:07 AM
Graalonline should get a server host in the US or Canada. Doing this, would cause less lag.

AlexH
10-18-2001, 10:11 AM
if stefan could afford it im sure he would
but he cant so he wont

TDK_RC7
10-18-2001, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Petey84
Graalonline should get a server host in the US or Canada. Doing this, would cause less lag. or maybe a P2P mirror, so those who pay can play classic or other good free servers with less lag and less idiots

yoshee15
10-18-2001, 10:18 AM
Hell i cnat wait for new version to come out it will be so much better for spreading playes out :)

James
10-18-2001, 10:19 AM
i think they set one up here, not sure, maybe that was somewhere else

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
10-18-2001, 10:37 AM
I don't think the location is the main problem for lag

ZanderX
10-18-2001, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by _0AfTeRsHoCk0_
I don't think the location is the main problem for lag

It isn't. It's the amount of bandwidth the server can provide and the amount being used by players that causes lag.

Petey84
10-18-2001, 10:39 AM
WEll, you are right there with the lag part, but Ping takes alot of lag aswell. Having a server in the Us, or Canada would take alot of ping off.

ZanderX
10-18-2001, 10:40 AM
WEll, you are right there with the lag part, but Ping takes alot of lag aswell. Having a server in the Us, or Canada would take alot of ping off.

Ping IS lag. Ping refers to the number of packets you lose per second in the upstream/downstream from the particular server you're connected to...It's the way the server is set up, the server's bandwidth, and how many other users are online at the same time that matters.

NotoriousBLT
10-18-2001, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

Ping IS lag. Ping refers to the number of packets you lose per second in the upstream/downstream from the particular server you're connected to...It's the way the server is set up, the server's bandwidth, and how many other users are online at the same time that matters.
Kamuii knows what he is talking about :D he's the man.

ZanderX
10-18-2001, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by NotoriousBLT

Kamuii knows what he is talking about :D he's the man.

Hehe. ^_^

The image in your sig = working now!

James205
10-18-2001, 11:32 AM
Graalonline should get a server host in the US or Canada. Doing this, would cause less lag.

Why not next door to me!

NotoriousBLT
10-18-2001, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by James205

Why not next door to me!
That would be sweet! Next door to meee *jumps up and down*

ZanderX
10-18-2001, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by NotoriousBLT

That would be sweet! Next door to meee *jumps up and down*

Heh. That'd be good for manual editing of server cfg's and other stuff, but just cause it's next door wouldn't mean anything. :) Now, if you were NETWORKED to it...that's a different story. ;D

FatherDante
10-18-2001, 12:15 PM
Actually, the ping rating is the number of milliseconds for a packet to reach its destination and return confirmation. I suppose it can be used as a reliability test but it only sends 5 test packets, and it's usually all or nothing.

Wing
10-18-2001, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by FatherDante
Actually, the ping rating is the number of milliseconds for a packet to reach its destination and return confirmation. I suppose it can be used as a reliability test but it only sends 5 test packets, and it's usually all or nothing.

latency?

CoolAnge
10-18-2001, 12:46 PM
Didn't Graal Online have a server in Detroit, Michigan? Or am I just so far I'm it's stupid?

Petey84
10-18-2001, 11:17 PM
If Graalonline/Cyber Jourer was next door to me, id be going in there all the time, brining Stefan, and Unixmad Coffee. ^_^

Birdbird_0
10-18-2001, 11:24 PM
The Frame Check Sequence (FCS) field contains a number that is calculated by the source computer and is based on the data in the frame. When the destination computer receives the frame, it recalculates the FCS number and compares it with the FCS number included in the frame. If the two numbers are different, an error is assumed, the frame is discarded, and the source is asked to retransmit. So if these Frames are currupted over the geographical obsitcal such as EMI, AC, and RFI interferance goiing from Europe to user, that can cause lag ;\

Isn't their servers ISP based? 1000's of miles from France?

I thought that he had a server in the USA... I duno, For some reson I feel lear nid today :-X

LEARED.

grim_squeaker_x
10-19-2001, 02:34 AM
Actually I believe that both Graal2001, Classic and N-Pulse are run on a server in the US, the playerworlds other then N-Pulse are run on two European servers.

BruceLee2000
10-19-2001, 02:43 AM
i think it is in vermont or virginia or something!

FatherDante
10-19-2001, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Birdbird_0
The Frame Check Sequence (FCS) field contains a number that is calculated by the source computer and is based on the data in the frame. When the destination computer receives the frame, it recalculates the FCS number and compares it with the FCS number included in the frame. If the two numbers are different, an error is assumed, the frame is discarded, and the source is asked to retransmit. So if these Frames are currupted over the geographical obsitcal such as EMI, AC, and RFI interferance goiing from Europe to user, that can cause lag ;\

Isn't their servers ISP based? 1000's of miles from France?

I thought that he had a server in the USA... I duno, For some reson I feel lear nid today :-X

LEARED. I think that's the wrong Protocol, Birdbird. You copy that right out of your semester 2 curriculum?

LilNiglet
10-19-2001, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by ZanderX

Hehe. ^_^

The image in your sig = working now!
YOU ARE WRONG MY FRIEND.

Ping is the time (in milliseconds) it takes for a packet to be sent to the server, and the time for the server to respond. K, thanks, bye.