PDA

View Full Version : I would like...

konidias
10-16-2001, 01:56 PM
to know where the info for topstats and things are stored.

I plan on making a nifty website where players can have their own player page for graal2001.. I was wondering if somehow I could grab the stats from player profiles, like how it's done when you look at a member in the guildcp (well it used to work)

I'm just wondering where the information for the players is stored so I can put it in php and access that info. Does anyone know?

NotoriousBLT
10-16-2001, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by konidias
to know where the info for topstats and things are stored.

I plan on making a nifty website where players can have their own player page for graal2001.. I was wondering if somehow I could grab the stats from player profiles, like how it's done when you look at a member in the guildcp (well it used to work)

I'm just wondering where the information for the players is stored so I can put it in php and access that info. Does anyone know?
Someone asked this loong ago, I heard it was REALLY hard to do. Galen did it for Classic, ask him over icq or something.

KrAnKyP2P
10-16-2001, 02:19 PM
graalclassic.com
then goto topstats ;p

konidias
10-16-2001, 02:26 PM
It's all php though.. you can't tell where it's coming from.. I want to know where the php gets the information.

KrAnKyP2P
10-16-2001, 02:29 PM
It's all php though.. you can't tell where it's coming from.. I want to know where the php gets the information.
i...c...
well since your reading this maybe u can tell me how to go offroad on go-karts ;)

konidias
10-16-2001, 03:09 PM
Get jailed while you're on one.. and lets not go off topic here.. I just want my question answered >_<;

Sir Triclops
10-16-2001, 10:14 PM
That would be taking up bandwidth; would it not? I don't think Unix would care for that. Who knows........

Shayde
10-16-2001, 10:17 PM
bandwidth schmandwidth

Shorty2Dope
10-16-2001, 10:24 PM
Get jailed while you're on one.. and lets not go off topic here.. I just want my question answered >_<;

oo good idea.. i will try that!

Birdbird_0
10-16-2001, 10:37 PM
me wana help NOW.

cds96
10-16-2001, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Shayde
bandwidth schmandwidth <3

konidias
10-17-2001, 12:15 AM
Ehh obviously it's just saving info to text files and the php is reading from them... It can't be that draining of bandwidth to get a few lines of text. :(

I just want a more organized user stat viewer with topstats and some additional fields for the users.. like a personal journal type thing built into it all. :)

It's always fun seeing who has the most kills or money and stuff.. :cool:

Admins
10-17-2001, 01:50 AM
Topstats would need special scripts on the
server computer, but npcs can save data in the
database, like race results, which can
be displayed by php on graalonline.com,
which then would need to be included in your
php script

konidias
10-29-2001, 04:08 PM
Old topic but now I want to make the site again :(

What exactly is it getting the info from?

I'm guessing from the server itself.. I just want to be able to get basic user info and display it on a webpage away from the graal server.

I mean, how is it shown on the guild member pages? Where you see the name and head and things.. What is the url to the info where this data is stored? Or would telling me be a security risk like if it's tied into actual server data I could be seeing more then I need to see?

I just want to make my page so when you search for a player it shows the stats like you would see if you right clicked them in the game.. What would I need to do? :confused:

I know the whole topstats thing is created with php and then reading from the database (to organize highest stats) I just want to know what database so I can use it :)
Maybe if it is a private database with other info that you don't want people seeing, you should make a public database.. this way people could make their own little website somewhere and put in one line of php to add in their account info like:

Here is my graal profile:
<php link here>

or something.. maybe php links to hearts, money, spar rating.. etc. :)

konidias
10-29-2001, 06:43 PM
Stefan.. reply I know you can give me a solid answer! :)

Slaktmaster
10-29-2001, 07:51 PM
Maybe:

Each playerworld gets 10 megs of space or something for a webpage at:
playerworldname.graalonline.com

Wich allows to connect php scripts to the Graal servers. :)

AlkarenHyralt
10-29-2001, 08:48 PM
It's all stored in a database (Like MySQL). You'd have to have topstats on the graal webpage itself to work. I think

Sir Triclops
10-30-2001, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by AlkarenHyralt
It's all stored in a database (Like MySQL). You'd have to have topstats on the graal webpage itself to work. I think

I was just about to say that; until I scrolled that last little bit and seen your post. :D

Rone
10-30-2001, 08:12 AM
Koni.. I Might be able to help if I knew what you were trying todo

RamiAharonov
10-30-2001, 08:18 AM
i tihnk hes trying to get the top stats for 2001 server, like on graal classic

but he has no clue where to get this info from and the exact script....thats all i understand

konidias
10-30-2001, 05:00 PM
Erm I want to get stats PERIOD.. don't have to be topstats.. I mean like profile stats for an account.. their nick, hearts, money, that sorta thing.. stefan you're on now, ANSWER!