PDA

View Full Version : Hat Prices....

KrAnKyP2P
10-12-2001, 12:43 AM
Stefan Said...
Again some new hats have been added, e.g. special a police hat and a hat for judges (actually it's hairs). In the future we will not put up so many hats, and if we add hats then they will be of a lower count, so it doesn't destroy the hat trading market.
That means that hat prices should be going up people...
we are not going to get very many new hats and stefan wont be restocking as much as he did in the past..
So save your hats because in the future the prices may go up

ZORG1986
10-12-2001, 12:54 AM
Hat prices will go up when the demand for hats go up, they wont start going up yet though!

Keyan
10-12-2001, 12:56 AM
uh....duh?

konidias
10-12-2001, 01:04 AM
Here is a sure fire way to make a ton of money.. Buy hats as cheap as you can get them.. (since hats aren't worth much at the moment) Then buy as many as possible. Then hold on to them until people actually want one and then they will be rare and you can sell them for high prices.

The second idea is to buy them and never sell them therefore raising the hat value.

The third idea is for everyone to start pricing hats higher.. the reason the hats dropped in the first place was when all the new hats came out (like 15-20 at the same time) Then all the people with small ammounts of money bought about 4 or 5 hats, and sold them at the stand for a mear 10 gralat more than store price. This triggered a chain reaction and eventually nearly all but some of the very first hats sell for the same or LESS then store price.. The hats are worth what you want to sell them for.. heck if everyone started pricing each hat at 100+ and wouldn't go lower, the hats would all be worth 100+ (the half decent ones anyway)

Admins
10-12-2001, 02:01 AM
Yes if less people sell hats then the prices will go higher :-)

konidias
10-12-2001, 02:35 AM
Graal's economy needs to be more like a real economy.. Things have minimum prices in real economies..

You see on Graal people kept going lower than their competitors to sell their hats. The prices kept getting lower until the hats were nearly worthless and you see people saying "BOO WHAT A RIPOFF I CAN GET IT FOR 10!" But in a real economy the item has a minimum price.. such as all hats should go no lower than 50.. if you sell lower you're a fool.
Take for example a car dealership:

If the car dealership says "we will lower our price to beat our competitors!" they will lower it, but not by much.. they will not continue to go lower. Trust me, find two dealerships that both say that same thing, and see if they will keep going lower :D

Go to one, say the other is asking less, then they lower their price, then go to the other and say the other is asking less now, and see if they lower their price.. LOL they won't because that is bad business.. the point isn't to just sell the merchandise, it's to sell it at the most profit that you can make, and without losing money or coming out even. ;)

Admins
10-12-2001, 02:46 AM
Yes all items should be produces by players instead of being
put in the game from an npc, then the prize will
not get too low because they would remember all the hard
work to make it and to protect it (from being stolen)

habek
10-12-2001, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by konidias

The second idea is to buy them and never sell them therefore raising the hat value.

ARGH! i shouldn't have sold my hats >.<

Fidel Castro
10-13-2001, 02:12 AM
don't fret little ones, if i decide to NOT upgrade my account (it expires in 15 or so days) i will not sell or give away the many many hats i have been purchasing/aquiring lately so they will just disappear into whatever void my account goes into. :)

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
10-13-2001, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Fidel Castro
don't fret little ones, if i decide to NOT upgrade my account (it expires in 15 or so days) i will not sell or give away the many many hats i have been purchasing/aquiring lately so they will just disappear into whatever void my account goes into. :)
Please give one to me :)

And konidias, regarding to your lengthy post, I don't think they should have a set price. This is free enterprise, if people want to give their hats away for dirt cheap then let them do so. This gives the bargain hunters a chance to dig in. You only say these things because you have two or three of every single hat on Graal. Hats were a fad and it's over now.

It's like clothing styles, you don't see competitors forcing high prices on bell bottoms and rainbow suspenders because they are out of style, no one wants them anymore. Keep in mind markets are designed for bartering

KrAnKyP2P
10-13-2001, 06:54 AM
Everybody should see this... i know im not supposed to do this to my own thread but...
*Bump*

spi
10-13-2001, 06:57 AM
TORAN:
anna, can i have the black gangster i bought for you back if you do give your hats away? :(

KrAnKyP2P
10-13-2001, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by spi
TORAN:
anna, can i have the black gangster i bought for you back if you do give your hats away? :(
x.x Stay on topic plz..

Fidel Castro
10-13-2001, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by spi
TORAN:

for the 4th time, no