PDA

View Full Version : Mining Idea!

sac
10-04-2001, 04:13 AM
people are always trying to steal and pk you while you're trying to mine and by the time police comes they already ran off.I think stefan should make 8 new mining zones(2 for gold,iron,diamond,and durby) and players can rent the mining zone by saying "rent mining zone"it would cost 1G and the player will be wrap inside it .the only eay to leave is say "leave" or "unstick me" or "unstuck me" and the mining zone will automatically close so people can't rent all of them and leave it for fun.after like 20 real minutes or all the rocks are gone you'll be automatically wrap out and other persons can rent it.

also you should make the mining zones no pking and have a fence around it too.

btedji
10-04-2001, 04:14 AM
and maybe you can allow whoever you want in the zone

Tyhm
10-04-2001, 04:24 AM
/me wonders what would happen if the mines were coded via updateboard to expand with each blast, ie the wall receeds until you reach like a gnome town or something....and if there were multiple mines, so that people could hypothetically make their OWN network of underground mines....and they required special expensive supports or they'd collapse when they get too long/wide so they have to stay efficient...
Then anyone would be able to mine pretty much anywhere, but risk a cave-in if they mine someplace stupid...

ZORG1986
10-06-2001, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
/me wonders what would happen if the mines were coded via updateboard to expand with each blast, ie the wall receeds until you reach like a gnome town or something....and if there were multiple mines, so that people could hypothetically make their OWN network of underground mines....and they required special expensive supports or they'd collapse when they get too long/wide so they have to stay efficient...
Then anyone would be able to mine pretty much anywhere, but risk a cave-in if they mine someplace stupid...
dont type /me before actions it looks *** use *either side* or ::either side::

Tyhm
10-06-2001, 06:28 AM
...right, and people wonder why we go off topic.

Anyone else think making your own mines would kick asterisk?

Admins
10-08-2001, 05:56 PM
the only problem is that its repetitive
(you know, the original mines were
meant to be that way that you can mine
your way through the rocks)

But the idea with the cave is destroyed when
you mine too much is nice :) then new rocks
would fall down and you would die and
some gralats would rest between the stones

Jerom
10-08-2001, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Stefan

some gralats would rest between the stones
*cough*
In the latest NewMain headlines, an earthquake was felt across the lands.
New caves have been formed in Mt.Antora. Local Graalians have explored the caves and have found minerals.
*cough*
wow, an earthquake caused NewMain to get some new mining areas, wow ;)

toad1413
10-08-2001, 06:45 PM
Tyhm's idea is good, but here's an idea I'd like to come into effect before that.

It's a little thing called MINING FOR BOMYS.

Thank you. :)

cds96
10-08-2001, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Stefan

some gralats would rest between the stones Then people would mine with no money on them

Juron Pilo
10-13-2001, 11:38 PM
Hrm hes using /me cuz several programs like IRC use it to do emotes.... and I know of one program due to past experience that uses it... and I suspect he is using that.... which makes me wonder if he works for a certain secretive group=D. Heh heh
dang I should stop ignoring rumor...

Anyways if you want people to be able to work in groups then I advise that mining areas we "walled off" after bombing till all rocks are gone... this will prevent anybody else from stealing while allowing for you to mine together.... heh heh as for thym... thym that would be fine so long as the tunnels reset when the server does... otherwise I think its quite possible for us to eventually destroy every bit of wall in the place leaving only a big empty crater to walk around. Also might bad for the people and buildings above wouldn't u say? Still I like the idea of tunneling so long as we put it back in the mines...

Link188
10-14-2001, 02:35 AM
I like the idea but Stefan is right... Plus it waould take too much time for one to mine...