PDA

View Full Version : Detect a Built in function

MysticalDragon
01-28-2015, 08:49 PM
Is there anyway to detect if a built in function was called such as updateboard? I'm trying to add the OLE to testbed and want to make sure updateboad only works in that system.

xAndrewx
01-29-2015, 02:43 PM
scriptlogfunctions

in server options maybe. Other than that, no.

callimuc
01-29-2015, 03:28 PM
detecting them and having them continue to work - no
detecting them and blocking them - yes

MysticalDragon
01-29-2015, 06:07 PM
Ahh thank you Andy and Calli.

Crow
01-30-2015, 10:19 AM
Actually gave this a try myself, since I hadn't used GS2 in a long time, and to my surprise, it's absolutely impossible to hook functions. Such a shame.

BlueMelon
01-30-2015, 07:35 PM
Actually gave this a try myself, since I hadn't used GS2 in a long time, and to my surprise, it's absolutely impossible to hook functions. Such a shame.

Heh
We have stray echo on Era that could be hiding in a script or in a level somewhere... I guess we'll never find it.

Tim_Rocks
01-30-2015, 07:44 PM
Heh
We have stray echo on Era that could be hiding in a script or in a level somewhere... I guess we'll never find it.

I've spent a good amount of time hunting that one down. Still haven't found it.

Cubical
01-30-2015, 07:53 PM
on login initiate a script that pm's everyone every 30-60 seconds 'pls email [email protected] prior 2 using updTEboard'. that should resolve ur issue in no time

scriptless
01-31-2015, 02:50 AM
I've spent a good amount of time hunting that one down. Still haven't found it.

What you guys might try is running all files on era thru a phraser to check for echo script. I did such a thing on another server with a program I made to read all .nw files and check if the links were aligned neatly around the edge of the level and if they all linked to .nw levels instead of .graal. I think it was some couple hundred files it scanned. Jaw dropping fast job literally makes your job effortless.

Tim_Rocks
01-31-2015, 03:30 AM
I did that a while ago. Theres a lot of **** to look through on Era.

Elk
01-31-2015, 09:44 AM
I did that a while ago. Theres a lot of **** to look through on Era.

eh i dont think theres that many levels though,

MysticalDragon
01-31-2015, 10:36 AM
Great start would be to just start removing the echo's all together lol.

BlueMelon
01-31-2015, 03:08 PM
What you guys might try is running all files on era thru a phraser to check for echo script. I did such a thing on another server with a program I made to read all .nw files and check if the links were aligned neatly around the edge of the level and if they all linked to .nw levels instead of .graal. I think it was some couple hundred files it scanned. Jaw dropping fast job literally makes your job effortless.

We've grep'd everything to hell with many different patterns, there is a lot of **** on era.

xAndrewx
01-31-2015, 04:46 PM
scriptlogfunctions

in server options maybe. Other than that, no.

Can't you use this?

MysticalDragon
01-31-2015, 08:08 PM
Yea that logs it, but doesn't prevent it from being used. Thats what I was aiming for specifically was o prevent it from being used in other systems besides the one I want it to work. Something I might consider is not sure if its possible. Check everytime a script is updated to see if updateboard exist in that file.

Tim_Rocks
01-31-2015, 11:47 PM
In other words you'd like an option in serverops that might say: allowedscript$echo()=-MDEditor

xAndrewx
02-01-2015, 05:24 AM
Yea that logs it, but doesn't prevent it from being used. Thats what I was aiming for specifically was o prevent it from being used in other systems besides the one I want it to work. Something I might consider is not sure if its possible. Check everytime a script is updated to see if updateboard exist in that file.

Sorry, I was referring to the Era echo spam

BlueMelon
02-01-2015, 02:31 PM
Can't you use this?

Not for echo..

/listscriptlogfunctions

Script functions that can be logged:
write player.nick, write player.guild, write player.kills, write player.onlinetime, write player.deaths, write player.rating, write player.ratingd, write player.gralats, call level.putnpc2, call player.setlevel2, call npc.warpto, call player.addweapon, call player.removeweapon, call npc.toweapons, call sendtonc, call sendtorc, call player.sendpm, call copylevel, call deletelevel, call npc.sendtext, call npc.requesttext, call deletefile

xAndrewx
02-03-2015, 02:43 AM
If you'd like me to investigate add me some rights and I'll log on :)

MysticalDragon
02-03-2015, 06:42 AM
I can add you rights, you will have them by tommorrow.