PDA

View Full Version : Collaboration Entity Project

Carlito
01-19-2015, 06:30 PM
I been doing a lot of thinking, we really don't have many projects like this. Where the community can build upon with different Modules. I was thinking we could develop a base, and the community if interested could develop different modules for this base system or new and current servers to use. Basically on Delteria we use a Baddy System, that has the ability to add different modules to it. Such as attacks, ranged baddies, baddies that protect certain zones. Players can pick and choose easily what module they want there baddies to use. Novo originally created this system that I added numerous modules with ease. If people are interested I could take it a step further and we an collaborate to create some great things.

xAndrewx
01-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Should this go in the Delteria forum?

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=232

MysticalDragon
01-20-2015, 03:35 PM
No? The baddy system would be for the community use and something we can build upon over time.

xAndrewx
01-20-2015, 04:16 PM
Ok, if that's the case can you

Post in the code gallery the Delteria Baddy System which Novo created
Give us an example of how it's used and ask people to post any modules which they create

BlueMelon
01-20-2015, 07:41 PM
Ok, if that's the case can you

Post in the code gallery the Delteria Baddy System which Novo created
Give us an example of how it's used and ask people to post any modules which they create

I think this thread is for judging the interest in such a project... I assume there might be modifications needed to the base source before it can be used on all servers. Also posting source in the code gallery is hard to manage versions and frequent changes from the community (if there will be any).

Draenin
04-24-2015, 07:33 AM
I am all for this idea. Whenever we release World of Tomorrow, I have already decided that I want to try to release as much of it to the public as I can so we can make development easier for other people.

This is a common goal we really need to be striving toward, because constantly losing useful assets to the passage of time is something Graal tends to struggle with.