PDA

View Full Version : Global Guild vs Local guild

Deophite18
01-03-2015, 06:02 AM
Are there rules somewhere that say you can't create a local guild with the same name as a Global guild? I mean haven't global guilds always trumped local? They originally cost money and creating local guilds with the same name obviously conflicts as you get unwanted members on your tag.

Anyone know for sure?

MysticalDragon
01-03-2015, 07:32 AM
I remember there being a rule that prevented playworlds from allowing the duplication of global guilds without the guild leaders approval. Not sure if it still stands.

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur
01-03-2015, 09:02 AM
last i heard there are no rules against it, but i certainly think it would be cheap to let someone create a global guild locally if they are not even a member or leader of it, and there are no excuses as this is possible to check

cbk1994
01-03-2015, 11:46 AM
It's been against the "playerworld rules" in most of the incarnations I've seen them in, e.g. this one from 2012 (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84379):

No local guild names should replicate any global guilds names.

-Ching
01-03-2015, 02:55 PM
It's Graal.. make your own rules up! and then break em!111

Deophite18
01-24-2015, 09:04 PM
It's been against the "playerworld rules" in most of the incarnations I've seen them in, e.g. this one from 2012 (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84379):

Here's an update. The rule was removed from the playerworld rules at the behest of a certain manager to spite me when I tried t have a local guild identical to one of my global ones removed.

So, if your favorite guild won't recruit you, feel free to just create an identical local version to become a member because you are apparently now free to do so. Common sense is obviously lacking in certain areas.

MysticalDragon
02-05-2015, 03:31 AM
I removed the rule not because of your specific situation but because on most servers global guilds are disabled entirely. Just about any server besides Zodiac allows global guilds I think. And on top of this, the global guild system is messed up in many ways. Sorry you think its personal.

Crono
02-05-2015, 07:49 AM
on most servers global guilds are disabled entirely.

Just about any server besides Zodiac allows global guilds I think.

Wat...MD pls.

MysticalDragon
02-05-2015, 09:12 AM
I ment doesn't my bad

Remonq
04-03-2015, 08:04 AM
As far as I know, Unholy Nation is the only standard server that still allows global guilds. Heck, even Classic has switched to local guilds, however, Thor has some very complex system that I don't understand that links the ownership of global to newly created global guilds that prevents guild theft. Like I said, I don't really understand it, but it works.

shrimps
04-03-2015, 11:40 AM
Kingdoms also allows global guilds again.