PDA

View Full Version : New Scripted RC

unixmad
09-23-2014, 03:00 AM
The scripted version of RC has been updated to be more similar to the external RC. It can be accessed by pressing F6 or by clicking to Start->RemoteControl in the client.

Changes:

More minimalistic gui interfaces for a clean feel.
Commands such as /openrights and /opencomments use the user's account if nothing is specified
Outdated and less used features and buttons have been removed.
A new text editor is used for all text in the new RC, which includes word wrap options and find/replace.
Scripts of all types are now listed similar to the external RC.

New options added:

Console Font Size - Font size of the rc chat console
Console Buffer Lines - Cutoff for lines of rc chat; use 0 for no limit
Log scriptfiles/<server>/rcchat.txt - Log all RC chat to the rcchat.txt file specific to the server folder
Disconnect on close - Disconnect from RC when closing the window

Improvements:
We plan to improve the new version of RC further by adding working irc tabs and quick typing to search script lists, among other improvements. We are also planning to include an updated development tools, like the level editor and the gani editor, to be accessed directly from RC.

We plan also to make it compatible with iOS and Android client.

Old RC:
The old RC can't be updated and is incompatible with new server version, we will have to disable it in the forthcoming days.

Feel free to tell us what features you want to be added before we disable old RC.

Scripting:
The text editor tool used by the new RC is available by script for convenience.
For normal text editing:

Update: Removed for now because of incompatibilities

fowlplay4
09-23-2014, 03:19 AM
I want to be able to login to RC without being on client, if I can't do that with the new RC then I don't know what I'm going to do. I know Stefan described making a special RC game client, at least do that if you're going to force us to stop using RC2_2006.exe.

scriptless
09-23-2014, 03:47 AM
Wait the external rc or the old scripted rc is being dissabled?

fowlplay4
09-23-2014, 03:50 AM
Wait the external rc or the old scripted rc is being dissabled? Devistating if you remove external. Scripted rc does not work on kingdoms debug where I script for. GG well played!

RemoteControl2.exe is on the chopping block.

Old Scripted RC is dead already and the new Scripted RC has taken it's place.

scriptless
09-23-2014, 04:08 AM
RemoteControl2.exe is on the chopping block.

Old Scripted RC is dead already and the new Scripted RC has taken it's place.

Okay, few suggestions.

Allow me to set the char window background to white
The weapons button brings up a window with mismatched gui profiles between button and the window its in, 1 is blue 1 is red
Allow me to use custom images instead of the graal kingdoms image for my background
give me line numbers in scripting window, so when rc complains about line number what ever i can actually find it in a 4000 line script
File Browser by default has Name, and R/W rights coloms so close that long names dont create a space and you can hardly read the "r/w" rights. Can this be centered or padded?

Those right now are the negative impressions for the first 60 seconds using it.

Sorry, quick edit. This new scripted-rc does actually work on Kingdoms Debug. Weird at first I swore it didn't. The old one definately did not.

[Edit again]
Every time I type it changes my text in rc chat to what I typed clearing everything else.. is this intentional, or a bug?

PiX
09-23-2014, 04:15 AM
In your F3 options, try setting external window style to vplusblue or something nicer than 'Default'.

Elk
09-23-2014, 04:35 AM
Maybe add a feature like Ctrl+J to jump to a specific line or so

shrimps
09-23-2014, 04:41 AM
How do I make it look like the non graphical option in RC? I like that look.
Also when downloading larger files, the client likes to (not respond) and end up crashing/disconnecting you.

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur
09-23-2014, 05:22 AM
if only people who developed their own new-and-improved external rc didnt get banned all the time...

scriptless
09-23-2014, 05:40 AM
if only people who developed their own new-and-improved external rc didnt get banned all the time...

Making it, and distributing it are 2 separate things. It's distributing it that gets you banned I'm pretty sure.

Crono
09-23-2014, 08:29 AM
I want to be able to login to RC without being on client, if I can't do that with the new RC then I don't know what I'm going to do. I know Stefan described making a special RC game client, at least do that if you're going to force us to stop using RC2_2006.exe.

I agree here. :)

Maybe add a feature like Ctrl+J to jump to a specific line or so

I am quite like this feature or so x-x.

Rufus
09-23-2014, 09:27 AM
Some things:
Font looks cleaner in external RC. I don't know what it is, but I would like client RC to use it.
If a line of text has no wrapping in it, it will wrap it, but moves the block of text under your name.
Paste "Lorem Ipsum 사용할 수있는 구절 많은 변화가 있지만, 대부분의, 주입 유머로, 어떤 형태의 변경을 입었거나 조금이라도 믿을 보이지 않는 단어를 무작위. 당신은 Lorem Ipsum의 통로를 사용하려는 경우, 당신은 텍스트의 가운데에 숨겨진 뭔가 당황 없다는 확신해야합니다." into the chat bar and it will turn most characters into boxes. It shows the correct text in the chat window once it has been submitted, with the exception of a few characters. The characters that do not show will appear if they are entered in individually or as part of a smaller piece of text.
Japanese font choice could be better.
Options for RC should probably match the style of F3 settings or playerlist options. There's a lack of visual consistency throughout.
Would prefer it if items were highlighted more like external RC: only when you click on an item, no hover over effect, and inverted font color.
I dislike how script windows open up directly over the listing windows. Would be nicer if they acted like other software windows generally do.
File Browser should be in alphabetical order and it doesn't have a very nice appearance overall. Would probably benefit from an overhaul visually.
File Browser isn't using the new text editor.
Can't drag and drop in File Browser.
A big one for me is the ability to double click on levels in RC, and when I save them, they are automatically uploaded. I guess the *new* level editor will be integrated in this way?
There appears to be a character limit in the chat box now. I don't think there is one in external RC.
Player count only shows the number of players that you have seen on your screen. It should show the overall player count.
NC buttons don't indicate the NPC server being down like they do on external RC.

Some ideas:
Separate tab for NC spam, only accessible by those with NC rights.
Ability to tile, cascade or tab windows instead of just tabbed.
View community names instead of nicknames in chat as an option.
Local timestamps in chat as an option.
"/clear" in chat as a feature.
A few IRC clients offer the ability to add alerts to a list of keywords that you specify. In places where there is lots of discussion it is nice to be able to receive alerts for topics that you are interested in, especially when you're referred to. Have always wanted this on RC.
Would personally like to see an area that shows you who is on RC (again, like IRC clients) but that type of layout change might be too controversial.
Is it possible to show separate external windows as individual taskbar windows? I'm sure I seen that once.

Portal
09-23-2014, 10:08 AM
being able to open rc without having to be in client would be nice if possible.
It could be a massive pain to have to be in client every time i wanted to be in rc

BlueMelon
09-23-2014, 10:51 AM
Who is in charge of these updates?
It's a good start, but it's no where near upto par with the external RC. Why is the text editor background blue? ...
If external RC is disabled, this would only hinder development on many servers. Do not disable external RC

fowlplay4
09-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Who is in charge of these updates?
It's a good start, but it's no where near upto par with the external RC. Why is the text editor background blue? ...
If external RC is disabled, this would only hinder development on many servers. Do not disable external RC

You need to use vplusblue to get a 'white background' and stuff. Attached my mod which is a bit better than it.

Request: Write an API or something so we can make our own RCs.

zod
09-23-2014, 01:41 PM
being able to open rc without having to be in client would be nice if possible.
It could be a massive pain to have to be in client every time i wanted to be in rc

Same here.

xAndrewx
09-23-2014, 03:10 PM
I think it's great. Tested on my pc and mother in laws, all fine no issues.

I would like to see a better functioning file directory- you can't download multiple files (only one at a time) same with deleting.

Great job

Matt
09-23-2014, 03:37 PM
Very good work and i'm excited to see a bit more focus on RC for iOS and Android, although i do not support the external RC being disabled. Any reason for it?

Tim_Rocks
09-23-2014, 04:33 PM
I really don't want external RC going away. How exactly am I supposed to restart a server when all the serverside scripts are inactive until the server starts up?? Plus I am constantly experiencing disconnections on player which would result in lost time, script progress, and updating comments... Plus I don't wanna deal with an upload menu for files, I drag and drop files all day. Anyway, bad idea. You need to figure out some way to create a new external RC.

DustyPorViva
09-23-2014, 04:40 PM
Do you want to lose the last few scripters on Graal, 'cause this is a very good way to make that happen in my opinion.

Tim_Rocks
09-23-2014, 05:01 PM
Do you want to lose the last few scripters on Graal, 'cause this is a very good way to make that happen in my opinion.

Dusty is right, a lot of development staff are going to quit.

Operation kill PC is in full effect.

fowlplay4
09-23-2014, 05:44 PM

backing this.

There are tons of people willing to put effort into building a new external RC, make an API or something available so we can create secure third-party RCs.

The lack of OS native GUI elements and terrible font rendering pretty much makes any scripted RC inferior in that regard.

xAndrewx
09-23-2014, 05:56 PM
I can't see it happening. Instead of opening RC you'll open the client. What makes you think it will have an impact?

Most new players on Graal have no idea what external RC is or how to use it.

Maybe I'm looking at it from an iOS environment....

DustyPorViva
09-23-2014, 06:10 PM

That is a horrible, horrible justification.

fowlplay4
09-23-2014, 06:15 PM
I can't see it happening. Instead of opening RC you'll open the client. What makes you think it will have an impact?

Maybe I'm looking at it from an iOS environment....

That's the problem I don't want to be on client.

Unless there's plans to fix the font rendering and bring native-styled GUI elements (vPlusBlue is ****ing garbage) to the client. A client-based Scripted RC will always be inferior.

And how many good devs legitimately use client RC for developing? I've never encountered someone who uses it for anything more than editing flags or a minor edit on a script or a GP using it so they don't have to open external RC.

Why impose an inferior development environment on the last remaining good devs on this platform?

Meph
09-23-2014, 06:24 PM
I personally prefer the external RC as well.

For some reason, the Client-RC causes me to lag whenever a message or echo flies through on RC.

Whenever I accidentally hit the F6 button on iEra, I have to reconnect, because it severely effects my FPS.

Also, I dislike how Client-RC displays everything.
Chat, Trades, Reports, etc. It all populates in the same box, and there's no way to isolate it.
I prefer the tabs on the external RC.

This may be something that could be adjusted on our server; but it's another huge turn-off with Client-RC as of right now.

Tim_Rocks
09-23-2014, 06:33 PM
What makes you think it will have an impact?

It will affect every developer. I wouldn't trust an internal RC over fear of losing progress due to a disconnection (and it's not my connection, it's Graal). Say the server crashes, can the external RC even get online to start the NPC-Server?

DustyPorViva
09-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Also, multi-tasking with scripted RC is near impossible. I usually have 8+ scripts open at any given time... has anyone tried to do that with scripted RC? Because of the way they're made you can't exactly pull the graal window over them... it's just a huge hassle.

Most of the problems come back to how poorly the GUI's are implemented in Graal, and all the scripting in the world isn't going to fix that.

It will affect every developer. I wouldn't trust an internal RC over fear of losing progress due to a disconnection (and it's not my connection, it's Graal). Say the server crashes, can the external RC even get online to start the NPC-Server?
This is a very good point. I experience disconnections all the time... if I lost my progress every time this happened I would never get anything done.

Matt
09-23-2014, 07:20 PM
That's the problem I don't want to be on client.

Unless there's plans to fix the font rendering and bring native-styled GUI elements (vPlusBlue is ****ing garbage) to the client. A client-based Scripted RC will always be inferior.

And how many good devs legitimately use client RC for developing? I've never encountered someone who uses it for anything more than editing flags or a minor edit on a script or a GP using it so they don't have to open external RC.

Why impose an inferior development environment on the last remaining good devs on this platform?

Agreed 100%

BlueMelon
09-23-2014, 07:39 PM
backing this.

There are tons of people willing to put effort into building a new external rc, make an api or something available so we can create secure third-party rcs.

The lack of os native gui elements and terrible font rendering pretty much makes any scripted rc inferior in that regard.

+1

MysticalDragon
09-23-2014, 08:57 PM
This just killed my motivation. I'll probably be finishing up my projects, and going my separate way. I been around this community since i was 15 years old (I'm 29 now), and it took graal nearly 9 years to update RC2. Since the start of IOS Development, Graal has been promising these new great developer tools to ease this development stress with removing these makeshift tools that hardly get the job done. In your post you list a bunch of features that in all honestly don't help with anything and I personally would never use the. I was waiting for the "ooo, ahhs" and all i heard come out my mouth was "what the **** is this"?

I know it probably took a lot of effort creating this system, but Why? Thats my main concern, you explain its better? We disagree? Fill us in tell us why? We're still waiting on the first set of development tools that we was promised 6 years ago? Should we watch you destroy the last thing we actually use and wait another 11 years for something solid to replace it? I just don't get it, and just want to know why we're heading this way.

shrimps
09-23-2014, 10:16 PM
Can't update comments either with ClientRC. I get this after I hit save.

http://i.gyazo.com/f7247074b074de3edb2c18412335d526.png

unixmad
09-23-2014, 10:32 PM
I am trying to find solutions to keep the external RC and still get compatibility with our new server code. For now we have some technical problems that don't allow this.

I will do my best to keep the external RC available and if possible release the code to some of you to improve it. The GUI could need a full rewrite because it is using GTK++ and is hard to recompile.

Contact me by Email if you have the skills to work on it and if you are not afraid to sign some confidentiality paper work.

Spiker
09-23-2014, 10:33 PM
This is a really bad idea.

Also, love that the only "tags" for this topic is "worst thing ever".

I am trying to find solutions to keep the external RC and still get compatibility with our new server code. For now we have some technical problems that don't allow this.

I will do my best to keep the external RC available and if possible release the code to some of you to improve it. The GUI could need a full rewrite because it is using GTK++ and is hard to recompile.

Contact me by Email if you have the skills to work on it and if you are not afraid to sign some confidentiality paper work.

FINALLY Unixmad is acknowledging us as players/developers.

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur
09-23-2014, 10:39 PM
what happens when you script something which either accidentally or due to a bug crashes the client?

how are you then supposed to log back on remote control and remove the problem which crashes your client?

MysticalDragon
09-23-2014, 10:49 PM

Awesome that's a great Idea, gives the community the option to become apart of the project if they want it to remain.

MysticalDragon
09-23-2014, 11:22 PM
Can't update comments either with ClientRC. I get this after I hit save.

http://i.gyazo.com/f7247074b074de3edb2c18412335d526.png

Updating to the new client fix's it.

[8:06:42 PM] PiX: http://graalonline.com/playerworlds/downloads/file?name=GraalSetup.exe

scriptless
09-24-2014, 12:12 AM

Skills working with gtk++ specifically or any general programming language? Gtk isn't to hard to work with, but I've never heard of gtk++. Only gtkmm, gtk+, gtk+2.x and 3.x.

shrimps
09-24-2014, 12:16 AM
@MysticalDragon, okay thanks. I'll try it.

super_matt89
09-24-2014, 01:28 AM
Some ideas:

Local timestamps in chat as an option.
"/clear" in chat as a feature.
A few IRC clients offer the ability to add alerts to a list of keywords that you specify. In places where there is lots of discussion it is nice to be able to receive alerts for topics that you are interested in, especially when you're referred to. Have always wanted this on RC.
Is it possible to show separate external windows as individual taskbar windows? I'm sure I seen that once.

I really would love to see these features followed up please, as well as the "Ctrl+J" line-jump feature. Having a separate external window is another big reason I use external RC, you see my Laptop is rather old and sometimes struggles with the client running but I can run external RC with a breeze and also using a WiFi Hotspot through my Cell Phone as internet, the client sucks up my downloads but RC is fine..

scriptless
09-24-2014, 01:38 AM
I really would love to see these features followed up please, as well as the "Ctrl+J" line-jump feature. Having a separate external window is another big reason I use external RC, you see my Laptop is rather old and sometimes struggles with the client running but I can run external RC with a breeze and also using a WiFi Hotspot through my Cell Phone as internet, the client sucks up my downloads but RC is fine..

Lol and yet you are always afk idle on gk both player and rc. :p

super_matt89
09-24-2014, 02:16 AM
Lol and yet you are always afk idle on gk both player and rc. :p

I'm not afk the idle icon comes up even when I'm buying in a shop at Hotaru in one spot for too long, I'm monitoring the server as GP Admin.. You're not online enough to know..

PhantosP2P
09-24-2014, 02:40 AM
This sounds like a good opportunity for the very talented and very active public scripters to get attached so that we can see some good work done. My opinions have to follow people like Fowlplay, I know they have the good of the community at heart. This is built up over a long time of being active and productive.

Matt
09-24-2014, 07:38 PM

Great idea, glad your going the community involvement route. :)

Elk
09-24-2014, 07:49 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to unixmad again.

Sry bro

alskdjfhg
09-24-2014, 08:26 PM
Great idea, glad your going the community involvement route. :)

Kappa

BlueMelon
09-25-2014, 08:58 PM
You need to use vplusblue to get a 'white background' and stuff. Attached my mod which is a bit better than it.

Request: Write an API or something so we can make our own RCs.

This does improve the over-all look of... everything.

Thanks.

snoop413
09-26-2014, 10:08 PM
What about people who are jailed and need to speak to a staff member?

scriptless
09-27-2014, 01:03 AM
On mac when you talk it seems to replace the whole rc with just what you chat rather then adding your text as a new line. On windows it appears to be fine. Please fix.

shrimps
09-27-2014, 01:45 AM
What about people who are jailed and need to speak to a staff member?
Could the Jail system not be just edited to allow PMs to any staff account?

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur
09-27-2014, 05:52 AM
what happens when you script something which either accidentally or due to a bug crashes the client?

how are you then supposed to log back on remote control and remove the problem which crashes your client?

am i the only person who sees this problem?

if it involves a system weapon then it wont be as if you can contact a pwa to come over and remove the problem on your behalf, as they will become crashed too!

Brickster
09-27-2014, 06:04 AM
I'm not sure if this is just a problem on iClassic, but the received uploads notifications show up in the rc chat tab instead of the uploads tab. Makes conversations a little difficult

Tashkin
09-27-2014, 02:24 PM
I'm not sure if this is just a problem on iClassic, but the received uploads notifications show up in the rc chat tab instead of the uploads tab. Makes conversations a little difficult

Tabs are being worked on to fix this issue.

alskdjfhg
09-27-2014, 06:08 PM
It's good that Unixmad is wanting to get the ball rolling. But he's clearly rushing this too fast

Tim_Rocks
09-27-2014, 07:15 PM
I like the changes with the updated CLIENTSIDE RC, this should have been done a long time ago. I was able to location scripts a lot faster through the type to search feature. Aside from that, I did get disconnected and all my windows did close with it. There has got to be a way to A) Save changes locally to my files (likely scriptfiles folder) or B) keep my windows open to at least recover progress.

I've lost connectivity using the external RC a couple times and it always leaves my windows open. Realistically I'd like both of these features implemented.

samich
09-27-2014, 07:24 PM
Well I'd be interested in getting things going on the external RC. I'm sure we could all figure something out. And at the least, if we get the current code, things will definitely move a lot faster since we're the ones who actually actively use the tools.

scriptless
09-27-2014, 07:41 PM
I like the changes with the updated CLIENTSIDE RC, this should have been done a long time ago. I was able to location scripts a lot faster through the type to search feature. Aside from that, I did get disconnected and all my windows did close with it. There has got to be a way to A) Save changes locally to my files (likely scriptfiles folder) or B) keep my windows open to at least recover progress.

I've lost connectivity using the external RC a couple times and it always leaves my windows open. Realistically I'd like both of these features implemented.

That's where my bad habit of pressing apply every time I write 1 or 2 lines or script pays off lol. Floods the rc for sure but I don't lost progress that way.

xAndrewx
09-28-2014, 03:44 PM
Love the updates! I use it a lot more than before.

Thank you

r3ckless
10-12-2014, 01:48 AM
Some of the window features and such can be modified. Open the options on the internal RC, and at the bottom there is a drop down menu. The menu contains all the window and GUI variables, which can be easily modified to your likings.

Draenin
10-12-2014, 05:05 AM
We are also planning to include an updated development tools, like the level editor and the gani editor, to be accessed directly from RC.Excellent! This is exactly the kind of functionality that needs to be made available through client RC.

Which level / gani editor will be integrated, though?

MysticalDragon
10-12-2014, 09:05 AM
Excellent! This is exactly the kind of functionality that needs to be made available through client RC.

Which level / gani editor will be integrated, though?

The Scripted Editors, Pixel Perfect Editor and Probably The latest Gani editor in my opinion.

*Used Jerrets gani editor for the first time the other day its pretty sweet.

Love the updates! I use it a lot more than before.

Thank you
I agree

scriptless
10-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Nice updates. Keep them comming.

Tim_Rocks
10-12-2014, 06:25 PM
I've noticed after my client gets disconnected that my windows will stay open now. Good job.

scriptless
10-12-2014, 09:12 PM
I've noticed after my client gets disconnected that my windows will stay open now. Good job.

I haven't been disconnected yet but that's awesome. Now o lyrics to make it let you change servers that it's connected to? So you can connect to servers that your player cannot or do work on one server while you play on another.

fowlplay4
10-13-2014, 05:19 AM
dat future external rc update
pls hype

sneak preview

http://puu.sh/cafsK/df4ae13678.jpg

Crow
10-13-2014, 09:42 AM
I need to spread some rep you ****ing genius.

xAndrewx
10-13-2014, 05:31 PM
pls hype

sneak preview

Cool

Are we getting any new features?

scriptless
10-13-2014, 06:37 PM
Cool

I noticed timestamping. I dunno about anything else.. but nice to hear it won't be retired.

Draenin
10-14-2014, 02:59 AM
I actually started up an Admin Panel tool on my server which is designed to bind several editors and tools together, but Remote Control is really more ideal because everyone has access to it.

Editors help tremendously for streamlining the development process, but not everyone has the same stuff installed on their servers. Making some of our best tools available through RC should hopefully make the whole process easier, which is something we should definitely be striving for.

fowlplay4
10-14-2014, 04:11 AM
Cool

A few, and some fixes to certain annoying behaviors. I'm very pleased with the progress I've made so far.

alskdjfhg
10-14-2014, 06:33 PM
UDP pls

Inari
10-14-2014, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure what UDP would be good for on the Scripted RC?

Elk
10-14-2014, 07:43 PM

My thoughts lol

callimuc
10-14-2014, 09:11 PM

for the extra work

Crono
10-15-2014, 01:40 PM

He means he wants UDP back as an option on the Graal client.

alskdjfhg
10-16-2014, 12:07 AM
he means he wants udp back as an option on the graal client.

:d

fowlplay4
10-19-2014, 05:52 AM
http://i.imgur.com/vc6GMIZ.jpg

Crow
10-19-2014, 07:40 AM
:d

Capslock filter at its best. Fix pls.

Inari
10-19-2014, 10:07 AM
He means he wants UDP back as an option on the Graal client.

Then this is the wrong thread though?

Tim_Rocks
10-19-2014, 04:12 PM
Can I be Mac beta tester?

scriptless
10-19-2014, 06:33 PM
Nice update. Adding link support is definately nice.

Can I be Mac beta tester?

What os x are you using? I wouldn't mind testing either. I'm using both 10.9.5 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite.

Tim_Rocks
10-19-2014, 06:39 PM
What os x are you using? I wouldn't mind testing either. I'm using both 10.9.5 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite.

10.10 Yosemite. I'm really enjoying it so far, nice improvements.

Elk
10-19-2014, 07:26 PM

RC Leak, you're fired

scriptless
10-19-2014, 08:56 PM
10.10 Yosemite. I'm really enjoying it so far, nice improvements.

Completely agree. It looks so much nicer then Mavericks. I wonder tho.. If they will let FP4 work on the external RC is unixmad willing to let people update the level editor maybe ... mac support maybe?

Elk
10-19-2014, 09:00 PM
Completely agree. It looks so much nicer then Mavericks. I wonder tho.. If they will let FP4 work on the external RC is unixmad willing to let people update the level editor maybe ... mac support maybe?

Not without insurance... this is no open source project

scriptless
10-19-2014, 09:22 PM
Not without insurance... this is no open source project

Yeah I know but still he's letting the rc be updated would be nice for level editor and other tools.

fowlplay4
10-19-2014, 09:42 PM
I have a Macbook Air coming this week so I'll be able to build and test it when that arrives, everything I've added so far should be compatible with the other platforms.

scriptless
10-19-2014, 10:09 PM
I have a Macbook Air coming this week so I'll be able to build and test it when that arrives, everything I've added so far should be compatible with the other platforms.

Oh nice. Which air? I just got my 13" air last week. Upgraded the memory and ram to biggest they offer and went with the 256 gb harddrive. I can say I love it it's amazing. Make sure you either use an early build target or compile multiple so people who aren't running 10.9 or 10.10 can still use it.

fowlplay4
10-19-2014, 10:49 PM
Oh nice. Which air? I just got my 13" air last week. Upgraded the memory and ram to biggest they offer and went with the 256 gb harddrive. I can say I love it it's amazing. Make sure you either use an early build target or compile multiple so people who aren't running 10.9 or 10.10 can still use it.

Refurbished 13" Air 2013 Model w/ 256 GB and 4 GB RAM.

The minimum version is set to 10.5 so it will probably be fine.

scriptless
10-19-2014, 11:17 PM
4 gb of ram might be a problem. Just running the os my mac mini used about 3 gb of ram and the air has everything soldered

Loriel
10-19-2014, 11:21 PM

If only there was a free-software level editor that people could update for better mac support!

scriptless
10-19-2014, 11:33 PM
If only there was a free-software level editor that people could update for better mac support!

If gonstruct had all the libraries provided and didn't require you to download install and setup to compile I'd opt to update that. But the problem is which version of libraries and such

Inari
10-19-2014, 11:42 PM
I guess i'd just use Tiled and write a converter tool to NW

Elk
10-20-2014, 12:29 AM
did you notice that this thread has the tags "worst thing ever"?

Loriel
10-20-2014, 12:34 AM
I guess the best plan would be to make a level editor in javascript to avoid the whole "installing software" problem. As a bonus it would potentially not look like **** on OS X. I can't really bring myself to be excited about the prospect, chances are there's like five people left in total who still Edit Levels and two of them probably hate me and the other three use iphones.

Elk
10-20-2014, 12:41 AM
I prefer to use the offline level editor to the online versions, much better control over levels(tiles) single/gmap atleast

I heard there was some layers-workaround in gonstruct but I think I never really got into the program

scriptless
10-20-2014, 01:55 AM
I guess the best plan would be to make a level editor in javascript to avoid the whole "installing software" problem. As a bonus it would potentially not look like **** on OS X. I can't really bring myself to be excited about the prospect, chances are there's like five people left in total who still Edit Levels and two of them probably hate me and the other three use iphones.

Actually I would agree that a web language would probably be the way to go. I was thinking of using HTML5 and making a gmap based level editor. Imagine the power you could have if you could edit a level, or a gmap and zoom out to see the whole project. Edit it all as if it's 1 level. You could then include tools like dusty's tree generator. And maybe we could collaborate with other developers to add other cool tools like cliff generators and such.It could help make levels a lot faster. And by using web-based tools you could also have multiple users editing it live. You could lock rights to certain levels for certain people. I was thinking of starting a project like this almost half a year to a year ago but just wasn't sure on the idea yet. I was working on understanding the graal and zelda level formats before I actually did anything which now I know more about.

If anyone is interested in a project like that maybe I can start something and allow people to give feedback and help with it maybe?

Tim_Rocks
10-20-2014, 03:54 AM
Hey guys, nice little bug with the clientside RC. It's super easy to do, just enable word wrap while editing serveroptions, hit apply and presto! You broke your server.

Stephen
10-20-2014, 02:24 PM
Hey guys, nice little bug with the clientside RC. It's super easy to do, just enable word wrap while editing serveroptions, hit apply and presto! You broke your server.
ouch

Cubical
10-20-2014, 02:26 PM
pls hype

sneak preview

http://puu.sh/cafsK/df4ae13678.jpg

needs more icons for like calculators and minesweeper... block.png pref

Tim_Rocks
10-20-2014, 03:04 PM

I'd like to see the following integrated into the external RC:

http://www.graal.us/tools/generatelevels.html
http://fp4.ca/gs2beautifier/
http://wiki.graalonline.com/index.php/Creation/Dev/Script/Starting_Guide
http://wiki.graalonline.com/index.php/Creation/Dev/Script/Client/GuiControl
NW2PNG
GraalEditors

Edit: Anyway to make tabs flicker as content is added to them?

Elk
10-20-2014, 03:35 PM
Remote Control requires someone to be staff on a Server though

NW2PNG or GraalEditors should remain standalone for offlineuse aswell

Cubical
10-20-2014, 03:43 PM
AuToCoMpLeTe AnD CoOl FoNt StuFs

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1566219&postcount=3

srsly tho, auto complete would be nice

callimuc
10-20-2014, 04:39 PM
http://fp4.ca/gs2beautifier/

isnt there like a command on RC which works like /style scriptType scriptName? Even tho it's not the nicest one and needs some configuration through serveroptions, the tool already exists :p

Tim_Rocks
10-20-2014, 04:42 PM
NW2PNG or GraalEditors should remain standalone for offlineuse aswell

I'm not so sure, if tools are easier to use then they'll likely be used. It would be super easy if all I had to do on RC was type era_present.gmap into a box, hit apply and wait for it to generate a whole new map image and have it already uploaded.

isnt there like a command on RC which works like ? Even tho it's not the nicest one and needs some configuration through serveroptions, the tool already exists :p

I'd prefer a button within the scripts window, that command isn't exactly user friendly nor does it do as well of a job as Fp4s web version. There's no reason not to include this functionality.

scriptless
10-20-2014, 07:32 PM
isnt there like a command on RC which works like ? Even tho it's not the nicest one and needs some configuration through serveroptions, the tool already exists :p

I am having a total brain fart. Is there a style button in the scripting windows in rc? If not there should be.. like there is in the offline version.

callimuc
10-20-2014, 09:50 PM
I am having a total brain fart. Is there a style button in the scripting windows in rc? If not there should be.. like there is in the offline version.

it's a command - you have to specify if you're using a class/npc/weapon and the name of it

I'd prefer a button within the scripts window, that command isn't exactly user friendly nor does it do as well of a job as Fp4s web version. There's no reason not to include this functionality.

yea I do agree with you, just wanted to point it out again, you never know if someone wants to mess around with it

Tim_Rocks
10-23-2014, 12:36 AM
Anyway we can update this function to provide an account name of who uploaded a file.

function onLevelFileUpdated()

fowlplay4
10-23-2014, 01:06 AM
Anyway we can update this function to provide an account name of who uploaded a file.

function onLevelFileUpdated()

That's probably a server-side thing but I could probably have a npc command fired off when someone uploads something.

Tim_Rocks
10-23-2014, 01:52 AM
That's probably a server-side thing but I could probably have a npc command fired off when someone uploads something.

Yes, it's triggered every time a level or more specifically any file that's uploaded through the file browser. I am not sure about the clientside RC though. Never tested it. I am simply trying to find a better way to monitor uploads.

fowlplay4
10-24-2014, 12:16 AM
My air came in today, upgraded to Yosemite and installed f.lux, and will make an attempt on compiling RC for it sometime next week.

scriptless
10-24-2014, 02:25 AM
My air came in today, upgraded to Yosemite and installed f.lux, and will make an attempt on compiling RC for it sometime next week.

Awesome, yeah I am using yosimite also. What are you going to be using to compile it? If you have any questions with Xcode feel free to ask I use it daily.

MysticalDragon
10-24-2014, 11:05 AM
Anyway the timestamp can be optional?

fowlplay4
10-24-2014, 05:05 PM
Anyway the timestamp can be optional?

It is and so will separating NC messages from RC.

Tim_Rocks
10-24-2014, 05:43 PM
It is and so will separating NC messages from RC.

With this change, will we have better support for seeing when scripts were updated and by who even while I'm offline?

fowlplay4
10-24-2014, 05:50 PM
With this change, will we have better support for seeing when scripts were updated and by who even while I'm offline?

Pretty sure you can write your own RC chat parser and track this information already. I.e.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1719829&postcount=16

xXziroXx
10-26-2014, 07:20 PM
Can you make it so that when you're editing scripts and press tab, all the currently selected text gets two spaces infront of each line? Additionally, selecting shift + tab, removes two spaces infront of each line. These are two functions that I keep having to open NotePad++ in order to use that would be incredibly nice to have implemented into RC.

It would also be nice if the "Edit as Text" option from right clicking on a file in the filebrowser actually had all the features of any other code window on RC. Not even ctrl+z works in them at the moment...

scriptless
10-26-2014, 10:17 PM
Can you make it so that when you're editing scripts and press tab, all the currently selected text gets two spaces infront of each line? Additionally, selecting shift + tab, removes two spaces infront of each line. These are two functions that I keep having to open NotePad++ in order to use that would be incredibly nice to have implemented into RC.

It would also be nice if the "Edit as Text" option from right clicking on a file in the filebrowser actually had all the features of any other code window on RC. Not even ctrl+z works in them at the moment...

Those would be cool. I would also like to see mac have the ability to use command+z to undo instead of ctrl+z because we already have to use command+c and command+p for copy and paste. And it would be nicer to stick to the same keys.

While we're talking about the script windows. Is it possible to show the image of weapon you are editing as well as the image name? Or even show an icon in the weapon list? Sometimes it's easier to spot things by icon then by a wall of just text when your just not quite sure the name to use the search function.

Torankusu
10-30-2014, 10:04 AM

bro, i am on the fence as far as my feelings towards you, and i don't use an iphone.

please proceed with gonstruct developments. ;P

attached are a few reasons why you should...

xXziroXx
10-30-2014, 11:04 AM
shame on u for not making the waterfall tiles transparent, sticks out like a sore thumb

Cubical
10-30-2014, 11:22 AM
ye^

Crono
10-30-2014, 12:01 PM

ilu

Elk
10-30-2014, 10:25 PM
bro, i am on the fence as far as my feelings towards you, and i don't use an iphone.

ohmy

scriptless
10-31-2014, 12:28 AM

Nice work, thats impressive. But yeah ziro is right should have been transparent too.. =p

fowlplay4
10-31-2014, 03:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/unyVbDM.gif

Tim_Rocks
10-31-2014, 03:13 AM
Really diggin that background.

Stephen
11-01-2014, 06:54 PM
reel big animated image
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to fowlplay4 again.

Stowen
11-01-2014, 07:01 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to fowlplay4 again.

If I could, I would. Really excited for a new RC, though. It's been needed for a very long time.

scriptless
11-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Let's see some mac love in the next screen shot. Have you managed to compile it on OS X Yosemite yet?

fowlplay4
11-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Let's see some mac love in the next screen shot. Have you managed to compile it on OS X Yosemite yet?

no been busy all week.

Stowen
11-12-2014, 11:58 PM
Feature request:

Could this be updated to be compatible with FP4's RC3 #ALERT features? As of now, using any of the #ALERT features just outputs it in Client-RC as plain-text. No need for the "flashing" window, maybe an alert sound? Definitely the red alert text, though.

Tim_Rocks
11-13-2014, 12:11 AM
Noticed another fun bug with client RC. Sometimes it will clear your rights after hitting apply.