Major improvements:
- Support for international text / UTF8
- Compatible with the latest versions for iOS, Android and Facebook
- Fixed several bugs

Cubical
09-18-2014, 11:40 AM
- fixed several bugs

in b4

can somebody who works on a mobile server pretend that bitwise operations are used on serverside so this can be fixed?

Matt
09-18-2014, 01:21 PM
Cool. ^^

samich
09-18-2014, 03:15 PM
Are there any official change logs available? I would really like to see what exactly was improved; as a dev, this matters to me!

Regardless, yay!

[Edit]: So yeah, finding quite a few bugs.

MysticalDragon
09-18-2014, 03:33 PM
awesome, great stuff. Does this include the bug fixes for the password issue?

NicoX
09-18-2014, 03:48 PM
Nice news :)

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur
09-18-2014, 04:31 PM
hello!

you might want to add this as an install package on the login server in order for in-game players to download the latest client, after all what is the point of allowing those with the newest client to use international characters when they cant be seen by those still using the older client?

-----------------------------

*EDIT*

having logged on to a server and tried this, the following messages was received in remote control even though the file is neither uploaded to or being requested from the server:

Requested file DroidSansFallback.ttf is larger than the maximum allowed file size (1048576)

Requested file DroidSansJapanese.ttf is larger than the maximum allowed file size (1048576)

this message keeps repeating itself in rc which is getting really annoying!

------------------------------

*EDIT 2*

the support for international characters doesnt work properly with guis, interfaces and rc logs, including when you attempt to paste international characters into the chat bar

luckily it appears this can be disabled by doing:

//#CLIENTSIDE

function onCreated()
enableutf8 = false;

it should really have been disabled by default!

-----------------------

*EDIT 3

the background for alert/notifications gui no longer appears, plus the text has changed to black which makes it harder to read -

http://i.imgur.com/anqwzNZ.gif

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur
09-18-2014, 05:42 PM
Are there any official change logs available? I would really like to see what exactly was improved; as a dev, this matters to me!

hello!

as the self-appointed new technical director of graal online i will post the new script capabilities

$pref::graal::utf8fontfile - string - the font file to use for utf8/unicode text (all code pages starting from 1)
disableapnoheal - boolean - makes it possible to heal if you are below 40 ap
disableapsaint - boolean - makes it possible to hurt the player if having ap 100
enableutf8 - boolean (default: true) - enables utf8/unicode text display
preloadleveldefaulttile - integer - the default tile used for preloading levels, by default 0
addutf8fontrange(str, int, int) - parameters are font file, start page and endpage; this defines a font to use for specific utf8 character pages
aes_decrypt(str, str, str) - returns string - decrypts data, parameters are the AES key, init vector (16 bytes) and the data, which must have a length of multiple of 16
aes_encrypt(str, str, str) - returns string - encrypts data, parameters are the AES key, init vector (16 bytes) and the data, which must have a length of multiple of 16 otherwise it will be filled with null bytes
clearutf8fontranges() - clears all utf8 font files previously defined with addUTF8FontRange()
des_decrypt(str, str) - returns string - decrypts data with DES algorithm, parameters are key and data
des_encrypt(str, str) - returns string - encrypts data with DES algorithm, parameters are key and data
findobject(str) - returns object - finds a global variable
getgamesubversion() - returns string - distribution platform (amazon, googleplay etc.)
gethttprequestforurl(str) - returns object - finds an active http request with the given url
gethttprequests() - returns object
getlastfiledownloadtime() - returns float - the last time a file or a chunk of a file has been received from the Graal server
getlastfilerequesttime() - returns float - the last time a file has been requested from the Graal server
getlastwebdownloadtime() - returns float - the last time a file or a chunk of a file has been received from a web server
getlastwebrequesttime() - returns float - the last time a file has been requested from a web server
getutctime() - returns integer - get's the local time in seconds since 1970, is the same as int(timevar2) on server-side
isstringutf8(str) - returns boolean - checks if a text is in correct UTF8 format (unicode)
rc4_cipher(str, str) - returns string - encrypts or decrypts data, parameters are the RC4 key and the data
rsa_decrypt(str, str) - returns string - decrypts data, parameters are the private RSA key and the data
rsa_encodesignature(str) - returns string - encodes a signature in DER format with SHA1 container (for verification)
rsa_encrypt(str, str) - returns string - encrypts data, parameters are the public RSA key and the data
rsa_sign(str, str) - returns string - generates a signature, parameters are the private RSA key and the data, the data usual is a hash of the actual data
rsa_verify(str, str, str) - returns boolean - verififies a signature, parameters are the public RSA key, the data and the signature
sha256(str) - returns string - calculates a sha256 hash on the specified string
saveimagetostring(str) - returns string - returns the raw image data, parameter is a filename to specify the image type (.png, .jpg, .bmp)
saveimagetostring2(str, int) - returns string - returns the raw image data, parameter is a filename to specify the image type (.png, .jpg, .bmp), second parameter is the bitdepth (24 or 32)
gamefile - string (read only) - the data will be saved as gamefile under this filename
lastdatatime - float (read only) - time when data has been received by the HTTP server
sslcipherlist - string - sets the SSL encryption and integrity check (e.g. AES-128-MD5)
sslprotocol - string - sets the SSL protocol (SSLv3, TLSv1 etc.), but normally not needed
sslverifycert - string - sets the SSL verification certificate or certificate chain (buffer not file)

removed:

putcomp(str, float, float)
putnewcomp(str, float, float, str, int)

theres a couple of neat small things that would benefit servers that use default systems, but it looks like default compus baddies were removed even though stefan knew full well they are still used on un

Cubical
09-18-2014, 05:46 PM
damn... putcomp was the base of my whole playerworld. how will i put new comps now...

alskdjfhg
09-18-2014, 06:05 PM
No UDP support? :(

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur
09-18-2014, 06:54 PM
in b4

bitwise operations are no longer working on clientside! (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1731216#post1731216)

Gold1
09-18-2014, 07:44 PM
Shitload of bugs.
Can't set guild tags with special characters in your nickname.
Open the Q menu and it boots me out.
Reset's GUI back to defaults as well as option settings every time I log on.
Please fix this.
It's annoying.

Cubical
09-18-2014, 07:52 PM
Shitload of bugs.
Please fix this.
It's annoying.

new features

Gold1
09-18-2014, 07:54 PM
new features

I'm not amused.
:whatever:

Gold1
09-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Also a small but cool addition would be, if Graal could support all special characters rather than a select few.
:)

alskdjfhg
09-19-2014, 01:29 AM
Shitload of bugs.
Please fix this.
It's annoying.

^ All true.

It also crashes. You need to test way more before you release.

Gold1
09-19-2014, 05:28 AM
^ All true.

It also crashes. You need to test way more before you release.

:asleep:

xAndrewx
09-19-2014, 05:51 AM
Shitload of bugs.
Please fix this.
It's annoying.

Please help us- which server are you experiencing this on?

Gold1
09-19-2014, 06:16 AM
Please help us- which server are you experiencing this on?

Unholy Nation

xAndrewx
09-19-2014, 06:45 AM
Works fine for me. UN is using a custom script isn't it? (not default)

alskdjfhg
09-19-2014, 06:56 AM
Works fine for me. UN is using a custom script isn't it? (not default)

It doesn't save the server settings or hotkeys. They reset after restarting the client.

When paused, after a short period of time it will automatically unpause.

The client will occasionally stop working and crash.

xAndrewx
09-19-2014, 07:18 AM
It all sounds like these are issues with the scripting not the client.

The pause issue seems to run on a 20 second timeout (counted). Again, this is a UN system. I've just been paused on NPulse till I unpaused.

Regarding the baddies, I am sure there are several baddy scripts in the code gallery which will replace the old baddies. Yes, some of the DEVs on UN will need to create scripts to check when all baddies are dead but it shouldn't be too difficult.

function onCreated() {
setTimer(1);
}

function onPlayerEnters() {
if (timeout <= 0) setTimer(1);
}

function onTimeout() {
if (players.size() <= 0) return;

//Baddy count
temp.c = 0;
for (temp.obj: findareanpcs(0, 0, 64, 64)) {
if (temp.obj.isinclass("baddy_core")) {

//Dead flag here
if (temp.obj.dead == false) temp.c++;
}
}

//If any baddies are alive-
if (temp.c > 0) {
this.chat = "BADDIES LEFT:" SPC temp.c;
} else {
this.chat = "No baddies left. Call another script";
}
setTimer(5);
}

p.s. thanks NPulse-dev for helping me test

Gold1
09-19-2014, 09:14 AM
Wait what?
N-Pulse is dead.
Wtf?

xAndrewx
09-19-2014, 09:22 AM
Check PM. Let's not get off track

Gold1
09-19-2014, 09:42 AM
I was getting excited..
:cry:

Cubical
09-19-2014, 10:27 AM
check email

MysticalDragon
09-19-2014, 11:49 AM
I can help UN prepare for an updated transition.

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur
09-19-2014, 04:36 PM
is it ever going to be acknowledged that bitwise operations are broken?

this is becoming like global guilds

alskdjfhg
09-19-2014, 04:38 PM
I can help UN prepare for an updated transition.

You'd probably be the only one willing to do it.

My question is, why is this updated client not being forced?

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur
09-19-2014, 04:42 PM
You'd probably be the only one willing to do it.

My question is, why is this updated client not being forced?

its probably a good thing that its not forced at the moment due to all the bugs that exist, as long as it doesnt turn into a situation reminiscent of the v5/v6 debacle where one of graals managers announced v6 as "released" while allowing people to carry on using v5 for another 9 months

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur
09-19-2014, 08:43 PM
hello!

there appears to be a bug with the latest client when comparing attr[] values which begin numerically but are strings

for example -

//#CLIENTSIDE
function something()
return player.attr[6] == "0 0 0";

i had to fix this problem by using the concatenation method such as follows -

//#CLIENTSIDE
function something()
return (@ player.attr[6]) == "0 0 0";

Tim_Rocks
09-19-2014, 10:20 PM
this message keeps repeating itself in rc which is getting really annoying!

Requested file DroidSansFallback.ttf is larger than the maximum allowed file size (1048576)
Default game file(s) found (relative to levels/, max 50 files):
mainfiles/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf: not downloadable because size is over download

It's starting to happen on Era now... I checked the folder, there's in it. COOOL

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur
09-22-2014, 06:20 PM
how am i supposed to efficiently toggle flags for showstats(); and enablefeatures(); now that bitwise operations are broken?

i really do not want to have to keep a separate copy of what stats/features should be enabled and generate the bit-flags accordingly

xAndrewx
09-28-2014, 03:47 PM
All the UN bugs appear to be fixed. I think the baddies are in development

MysticalDragon
09-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Default game file(s) found (relative to levels/, max 50 files):
mainfiles/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf: not downloadable because size is over download

It's starting to happen on Era now... I checked the folder, there's in it. COOOL
It's not saying they don't exist it's saying the filesize is to big oddly.

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur
09-28-2014, 05:31 PM
its because less privileged servers have a lower download size limit than official projects such as mobile servers

these files should really be made as a download package on the login server, or packaged with the clients installation software

Tim_Rocks
09-28-2014, 05:58 PM
Id like the file size limit increased. It really prevents me from uploading quality maps on Era.

alskdjfhg
10-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Updates on when bugs will be fixed in this version will be forced?

Tim_Rocks
10-01-2014, 06:10 PM
It's not saying they don't exist it's saying the filesize is to big oddly.

Well, what I meant was that the file wasn't appearing on my file browser when I gave myself proper rights to view the directory. Either way it's still happening. If anyone knows how to detect whose using that font I can force them to use Graals default font.

Stowen
10-25-2014, 08:35 PM
This new client creates many more bugs for the default (Classic) systems. For example, on UN, with the updated client say2() signs, and the default Inventory (Q) are completely broken. The signs will close themselves within seconds of opening, and the same goes for the Inventory. As a result of these bugs, we have discouraged updating to the new Client. We checked our systems for possible causes, and couldn't find anything that would interfere. The issue lies with the Client. Please fix this, as some of our player's are worried about NaS's exploit whilst operating the old client.

Tim_Rocks
10-25-2014, 11:50 PM
Pro tip: don't use the default Graal systems if you don't have to.

Stowen
10-26-2014, 05:33 PM
It's UN. lol

We've created a custom Inventory, and a GUI to match. We also gave the option to use it, or not. The players that opted not to use it reported the issues. I downloaded the updated client to try to recreate the issues, and I didn't have to do much. They are there, and they are prevalent.

callimuc
10-26-2014, 05:44 PM
probably should update when the 'update' button appears, or rename it to 'downgrade'
http://i.imgur.com/jRtIf81.png

Tim_Rocks
10-26-2014, 05:50 PM
It's UN. lol

We've created a custom Inventory, and a GUI to match. We also gave the option to use it, or not. The players that opted not to use it reported the issues. I downloaded the updated client to try to recreate the issues, and I didn't have to do much. They are there, and they are prevalent.

That's why I force my updates. That way everyone can have an equal game experience across the board instead of creating multiple systems that just end up being confusing for players.

Crow
10-26-2014, 06:57 PM
Seriously, even the idea of giving players a choice to use a different system for something as basic as an inventory is unprofessional.

Stowen
11-16-2014, 05:02 PM
Seriously, even the idea of giving players a choice to use a different system for something as basic as an inventory is unprofessional.

Essentially, it's the same Inventory. Just colored differently. When it was originally released, the option was given to see how the players would react to a new inventory system. It was a "beta" of sorts. We just never disabled the default Inventory, and now I have no idea what's going on since UN is in an extreme case of disarray.

MattKan
11-16-2014, 09:09 PM
As if UN wasn't enough of a mess before different players started having different core systems...

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur
12-07-2014, 09:07 PM
does any one else sometimes get disconnected after using the default "update level" command?

Tim_Rocks
12-07-2014, 10:06 PM
does any one else sometimes get disconnected after using the default "update level" command?

Yes

Supaman771
12-19-2014, 10:28 PM

I get disconnected updating levels using the command, using online editors, and also just by going between level links sometimes.

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur
12-20-2014, 08:40 AM
I get disconnected updating levels using the command, using online editors, and also just by going between level links sometimes.

ive since noticed that it happens for me after a setlevel2 as well, seems completely random

Urahara112
12-20-2014, 03:09 PM
Would like my Unholy Nation weather and hotkey options to save when I log back on. Hasn't ever since 6.113...

Tim_Rocks
12-20-2014, 08:24 PM
Would like my Unholy Nation weather and hotkey options to save when I log back on. Hasn't ever since 6.113...

This is Era, not some noob server.

Crono
12-20-2014, 09:11 PM
This is Era, not some noob server.

This isn't the Era subforum...

Tim_Rocks
12-20-2014, 09:20 PM
This isn't the Era subforum...

LOL -- my bad.

Ceasar
12-20-2014, 09:38 PM
I disconnect on the new client every time the gmap level changes, so moving around the overworld would have a chance to disconnect me.. this is extremely annoying, hopefully it is addressed soon!

Urahara112
12-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Does anyone have a link to Graal V6.037? I can't stand the bugs in 6.113

Urahara112
12-28-2014, 04:47 AM
feel free to PM me a link to a download to it... thanks...

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur
12-28-2014, 06:36 PM
feel free to PM me a link to a download to it... thanks...

hello!

here is a temporary download link:

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/d019aa2850aca5cbf32058604cd8ac6f20141228210429/7dc1ee

you can currently get it any time by going to Login > Start > Install Packages such as follows:

http://i.imgur.com/s48Bwjj.gif

Urahara112
12-28-2014, 07:25 PM
hello!

here is a temporary download link:

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/d019aa2850aca5cbf32058604cd8ac6f20141228210429/7dc1ee

you can currently get it any time by going to Login > Start > Install Packages such as follows:

http://i.imgur.com/s48Bwjj.gif

Appreciate! <3

Ceasar
12-31-2014, 09:46 PM
I would really like to use 6.037 but some servers like delteria requires you to use 6.113

I hope the disconnections will be solved soon, it's worse in delteria

Also a small but cool addition would be, if Graal could support all special characters rather than a select few.
:)

I would like this supported so I could translate foreign languages without it appearing as boxes when im trying to help foreigners.

cbk1994
12-31-2014, 10:57 PM
I would really like to use 6.037 but some servers like delteria requires you to use 6.113

I hope the disconnections will be solved soon, it's worse in delteria

I wonder if there's a reason for that? I wasn't able to log on to Delteria since they don't allow the latest Linux version (6.037).

MysticalDragon
01-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Whats the error msg? I guess when we did the latest version check we assumed linux had the same revision.

cbk1994
01-01-2015, 02:02 PM
Whats the error msg? I guess when we did the latest version check we assumed linux had the same revision.

"Please update your Graal version!"

The latest Linux version is 6.037, unfortunately.

Jakov_the_Jakovasaur
01-04-2015, 01:52 PM
some times when these random disconnects happen, i press f2 and open 'net' and it says something like this:

Received invalid data (2) from game server

RuthlessVillain
01-06-2015, 11:13 PM
Nice :)

Logababy
01-20-2015, 01:32 AM
Awesome, thanks

Urahara112
01-20-2015, 06:23 PM
Bugs on Unholy Nation since switch to V6.113

- Server settings will not save. Eg. Weather effects/Hotkeys etc.

- You may randomly disconnect/reconnect after running through a level link.

- The client crashes more often.

- You automatically UNPAUSE after a few seconds.

- Inventory (Q Menu) closes automatically after a few seconds.

- Reading a sign resulting in it closing quickly making it near impossible to read them at all.

- A head/sword or image file may suddenly open while the client is open. Wtf?

Tim_Rocks
01-20-2015, 07:23 PM
Sounds like a perfect time to switch to Era.

Zongui
01-23-2015, 02:59 PM
i'm getting random disconnects as well. something is up. this wasn't happening in the previous version for me. i only play era btw.

shrimps
01-24-2015, 12:21 AM
I get random disconnects on Era and GK now. Mostly when I'm running on the Gmap or changing levels.

WillaWonka
01-29-2015, 01:01 AM
Still have not fixed the email I should receive when trying to access my account from a different computer. Otherwise the client looks brand new, very sleek.

dmhabe
01-31-2015, 03:40 PM
Revert to V5 and make everyone happy

shrimps
01-31-2015, 03:46 PM
V2.

Tim_Rocks
01-31-2015, 05:16 PM
Are there even going to be updates to Graal now that Stefan is gone?

cyan3
02-01-2015, 11:01 PM

It looks like the current Linux client isn't supported on any server right now as it seems that 6.113 is required to connect to the login server.

[email protected]:~$ cd /mnt/storage/graal/graal4/
[email protected]:/mnt/storage/graal/graal4$ ./Graal_6.037-64
Direct Rendering is enabled, Graal should run smoothly.
Data directory: /mnt/storage/graal/graal4/
User data directory: /home/michael/.graal/graal4/
Scanning files ...
Scanning done.
Graal has been activated!
Loading tile definitions for server Login
Connecting to the game server...
Done.
Please update your Graal version!
Initialized OpenGL.
[email protected]:/mnt/storage/graal/graal4$

Draenin
02-02-2015, 07:39 AM
Yeah, Mallard was having issues with that too.

Meph
02-07-2015, 11:23 PM
It looks like the current Linux client isn't supported on any server right now as it seems that 6.113 is required to connect to the login server.

Yep, same here.

Looks like us Linux users get the shaft.

User data directory: /home/patrick/.graal/graal4/
Scanning files ...
Scanning done.
Done.
Initialized OpenGL.

Stowen
02-13-2015, 09:08 PM
Yep, same here.

Looks like us Linux users get the shaft.

User data directory: /home/patrick/.graal/graal4/
Scanning files ...
Scanning done.
Done.
Initialized OpenGL.

It also looks like they don't care enough to fix the issue. Pity. My Windows update landed me a broken client. Tried a re-install, twice. All 3 times, Graal booted into a black screen and nothing at all happened for 32 minutes.

Urahara112
02-15-2015, 09:52 PM
V6 is a complete step backwards, this is an absolute joke. It only appears to be getting worse.

Is there anyone that can confirm whether or not there's currently staff working on improving the clear problems with the current client?

shrimps
02-15-2015, 10:03 PM
I still constantly get disconnected when changing levels, it's annoying.

dmhabe
02-19-2015, 11:41 AM
lets go back to V5

Kamaeru
02-24-2015, 07:21 PM
What gives? I downloaded the latest Graal client a few days ago and wasn't even able to install it without the installer crashing every time in Windows 8.1.
I would like to add that I have been downloading and installing this game since the summer of 1999 and this is the first time I have had such an issue.

Tim_Rocks
02-24-2015, 07:37 PM
Fix disconnect glitch.

Nikwal
02-26-2015, 06:38 PM
As much as I like the new changes, it would be better to go back to the version previous to Graalv6.113, or at least we shouldn't be forced to use the newest version. There are times where I can't play for hours [on Zodiac] because of connection issues that never occured before the update.

Though that's been said already, I'd like to bring it up again

Kamaeru
02-26-2015, 11:11 PM
My previous post was in query of support, should I have posted elsewhere? I was hoping someone would come along with a solution to my problem.

Elk
02-26-2015, 11:49 PM
Fix disconnect glitch.

I'm thinking the disconnect glitch has something to do with the timeouts overlapping and causing a disconnect :0

only occured to me when in levels with lots of npcs with different timeouts and randoms

always when the player enters the level or its updated and trying to read all at once

Kamaeru
02-27-2015, 05:38 AM
Has anyone else had problems with the installer not working?

Urahara112
02-27-2015, 05:59 PM
Graal needs some serious quality assurance control.

Stowen
02-27-2015, 07:12 PM
Still unable to Login to Graal. I am STILL met by a completely black screen.

I get this:
http://i.imgur.com/IDcP14k.png

Then this forever:
http://i.imgur.com/NDdeJXb.png

MysticalDragon
03-13-2015, 03:18 AM
Above was fixed btw

Cubical
03-13-2015, 01:47 PM
2015 graal is best graal

Ceasar
03-14-2015, 04:34 AM
I am still waiting on the client disconnect fix

Tim_Rocks
03-14-2015, 04:43 PM
I am still waiting on the client disconnect fix

Agreed.

Ceasar
03-29-2015, 03:12 AM
Just released Graal version 6.113 for Windows :D

You can download as usual from our web site:
http://www.graalonline.com/playerworlds/downloads/

Major improvements:
- Fixed several bugs

http://i.imgur.com/5qPsEgY.jpg?1 !pissed!

it's been doing this for 6 months since September 18 2014...

ffcmike
04-09-2015, 05:14 PM
Just got disconnected a single time and F2/Net output this:

Received invalid data (3) from game server

Draenin
04-11-2015, 03:48 AM
it's been doing this for 6 months since September 18 2014...For emphasis.

Tim_Rocks
04-11-2015, 01:23 PM
Sorry, creating a new forum is far more important than resolving your game breaking bugs.

Draenin
04-11-2015, 09:24 PM
Sorry, creating a new forum is far more important than resolving your game breaking bugs.
You mean the new one that was supposed to happen months ago? :mad:

Ceasar
04-23-2015, 07:48 PM
I would also like to see the homepage for graal to be up to date.

it still mentions about a 5 hour trial when they removed that years ago which is causing most of the new players to not bother trying to start graal

Tim_Rocks
04-23-2015, 10:07 PM
While we're at it we should try and find a more engaged and active administration.

Draenin
04-24-2015, 04:01 AM
I would also like to see the homepage for graal to be up to date.

it still mentions about a 5 hour trial when they removed that years ago which is causing most of the new players to not bother trying to start graal
Yeah, I'd like to see more updates on the website as well. I actually made a little mockup of what a new site could look like using Squarespace (out of laziness) and I've got to say that a lot of 'website builder' services out there are kind of getting impressive.

The site just needs to be a little more sleek and 'web 2.0'-ish, and would be fantastic if it were community-centered like it was back in 2002 (http://web.archive.org/web/20020325041257/http://graalonline.com/) or so.

Screens below.

http://s7.postimg.org/y51xi9ksn/Untitled.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/y51xi9ksn/) http://s21.postimg.org/9zcs0hjs3/Untitled2.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/9zcs0hjs3/)

bradigger
05-23-2015, 08:16 AM
So I see the lack of working GNU/Linux client was briefly mentioned here, but no one replied. Why is this not being handled seriously? What in the hell are you guys doing that makes it hard to put the game on all platforms? I can't imagine there are major differences between the Mac OS and GNU/Linux ports considering they're both unix-like operating systems.

The lack of professionalism going on is not only disgusting, but really hard to believe.

Minoc
05-26-2015, 04:03 PM
Out of curiosity, who's actually working on the client these days?

Breezed
05-28-2015, 09:23 AM
Out of curiosity, who's actually working on the client these days?

No idea. :confused:

Cubical
06-01-2015, 10:11 AM
Does Graal work on Windows 11.1 SE?

Tim_Rocks
06-21-2015, 02:45 PM
Where the **** is the linux client update, or the new forum everyone was so concerned about getting released?

PhantosP2P
06-23-2015, 06:16 PM
Does Graal work on Windows 11.1 SE?

I thought you may have meant window mobile editions, but it never reached 11.1. Same with Win 10 mobile. Do you mean Windows 10 server edition? If so, it does work on that platform. Although you'll most likely be RDPing into it, so your graphics will break and not work unless you're in a very specific environment.

The lack of linux option means we can't run it on raspberry pi which would be amazing.

As for forum updates, you guys may hate VBulletin 5.X if they are going that route. The only thing wrong with this forum is its organization and participation, not the software below it. Although VBulletin 4.X is amazing compared to this version.

Cubical
06-24-2015, 11:10 AM
i meant what i said. windows 11.1 CE or die

cyan3
06-24-2015, 11:22 AM
The lack of linux option means we can't run it on raspberry pi which would be amazing.

It wouldn't run on a Raspberry Pi regardless because the Graal client was complied for x86 and the Raspberry Pi uses an ARM processor.

Cubical
06-24-2015, 11:25 AM
He can do anything he puts his mind to

Ceasar
07-02-2015, 09:59 AM
Attention, we have 2 more months left to celebrate our very first year anniversary of our highly appreciated disconnection content!

:noob:

Rob
07-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Hello.

I'd like to take a moment to address the complaint regarding disconnects on the PC client.

First, I'd like to notify server developers of some specifics. From internal testing, these disconnections appear isolated to entering a new level, whether it be via a warp (ie, level link) or a script (eg, setlevel2). Additionally, they only seem to occur when the player enters the level for the first time (specifically, when their client first loads the level from the server).

What this means is, for the time being, that you can mitigate the damages by minimizing level-changing events or scripts. Good examples of areas to to avoid for now would be some kind of overworld-wide game (such as Tag or a race) or a multi-level, repeatable instance (due to instance levels each being unique and "new," regardless of repetition).

That aside, Unixmad has been brought up to speed on this issue. Though no specifics are available to be shared, I'd like to note that, due to the cause being a fault within the client, any possible solutions for this bug won't be rolled out until the next Graal client update.

scriptless
07-08-2015, 04:49 PM
Hello.

I'd like to take a moment to address the complaint regarding disconnects on the PC client.

First, I'd like to notify server developers of some specifics. From internal testing, these disconnections appear isolated to entering a new level, whether it be via a warp (ie, level link) or a script (eg, setlevel2). Additionally, they only seem to occur when the player enters the level for the first time (specifically, when their client first loads the level from the server).

What this means is, for the time being, that you can mitigate the damages by minimizing level-changing events or scripts. Good examples of areas to to avoid for now would be some kind of overworld-wide game (such as Tag or a race) or a multi-level, repeatable instance (due to instance levels each being unique and "new," regardless of repetition).

That aside, Unixmad has been brought up to speed on this issue. Though no specifics are available to be shared, I'd like to note that, due to the cause being a fault within the client, any possible solutions for this bug won't be rolled out until the next Graal client update.

Is the level changed in any way when I update a weapon npc? I also experienced this disconnect bug when hitting the apply button on a script window. Usually at which I log back on and press it again (several times) as well as on all other script windows (several times) just to ensure that it does save the level. Not sure if you have looked into this also or not in connection to the bug?

Tim_Rocks
07-08-2015, 09:32 PM
That's good to hear, Rob. Thank you for the update. I can vouch for scriptless. The disconnect bug does happen while applying script changes to weapons that result in the weapon being re-added to you via script.

Rob
07-09-2015, 02:06 AM
If receiving Weapon NPC data alone were enough to trigger a disconnect, you would assume players would frequently get disconnected simply for logging onto the server (where they simultaneously receive literally hundreds of WNPC scripts on some servers).

I would be interested if these WNPCs in question were doing something unusual that might have contributed to it... I've made several thousand script updates in the last months, often with two clients online at the same time, and have never experienced that problem.

However, I appreciate this information and have forwarded that tidbit to Unixmad as well. If you can narrow down possible functions or interactions that might be causing it in those WNPC updates, that could potentially make the solution very easy.

ffcmike
07-09-2015, 04:43 AM
they only seem to occur when the player enters the level for the first time (specifically, when their client first loads the level from the server).

This is not true, it can occur when a level has already been loaded, as well as entered within the same online session.

What I've noticed is that it is more likely to occur when there are higher number of players around, which also cause a higher number of these lines to be logged:

I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with how player attr[] values were being stored and synchronised, as this has been somewhat bugged since the last client.

Minoc
07-09-2015, 10:22 AM
Why not just roll back to the previous version?

Tim_Rocks
07-09-2015, 10:50 AM
There's multiple variables involved here. I've been disconnected for hitting the save button to an npc level editor in game.

scriptless
07-09-2015, 07:33 PM
I haven't been disconnected recently for updating a weapon but yes, I've also experienced it entering a level I already had entered in. Usually when logging on GK inside bomber trade and going outside, then going back inside.. But the weird thing is the bug does not occur every time you do it. So there has to be some other variables involved too. But looking for commonalities is definitely a good way to trouble shoot the problem. I would be inclined to suggest looking into the TPlayer, and TServerPlayer objects. It's possible that they are receiving, or sending, a corrupt packet.

Elk
07-09-2015, 08:33 PM
oh that old problem

its because of various local scripts overriding each other that have different timeout loops, thats what causes the disconnects (lots of moving lighteffects = d/c)

ffcmike
07-12-2015, 05:29 PM
Out of curiosity I toggled the server option disconnectifnotmoved to TRUE and then back to FALSE, and found that the random disconnects after entering a level give me the disconnect message "You have been disconnected because you didn't move.". This also shows up within F2 log, along with the usual "Received invalid data (2) from game server".

Is it possible that these "random" disconnects have actually been a case of bugged idle detection from the server all along?

ffcmike
07-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Out of curiosity I toggled the server option disconnectifnotmoved to TRUE and then back to FALSE, and found that the random disconnects after entering a level give me the disconnect message "You have been disconnected because you didn't move.". This also shows up within F2 log, along with the usual "Received invalid data (2) from game server".

Is it possible that these "random" disconnects have actually been a case of bugged idle detection from the server all along?

With serveroptions.disconnectifnotmoved set to FALSE I just spent 15 minutes roaming around as many levels as possible, including gmaps and non-mapped levels, and was disconnected 4 times.

I then repeated this process with serveroptions.disconnectifnotmoved set to TRUE for 60 minutes, and was not disconnected a single time.

Tim_Rocks
07-12-2015, 09:20 PM
That's interesting you mention that. I did disable disconnections a while back on Era.

Ceasar
07-14-2015, 07:07 AM
With serveroptions.disconnectifnotmoved set to FALSE I just spent 15 minutes roaming around as many levels as possible, including gmaps and non-mapped levels, and was disconnected 4 times.

I then repeated this process with serveroptions.disconnectifnotmoved set to TRUE for 60 minutes, and was not disconnected a single time.

yeah this might be why era doesnt disconnect like delteria, kingdoms, zodiac

Ceasar
07-22-2015, 01:34 AM

it was tested on zodiac and it actually made the disconnections worse, people started disconnecting for idling (when they weren't even idling) there were people that started getting The game server could not be reached. errors
http://i.imgur.com/QpvhPgy.png

it may still be something that has to do with the idle detection but it might be the scripts overriding each other like elk said.

I also noticed i have 100 more ms or even higher on zodiac for no reason when it's fine on era.

ie: 160 ms on era, 280-500 ms on zodiac.. i seen many people that don't lag on era lag hardcore on zodiac, i have no idea why this occurs hmm...

ffcmike
07-22-2015, 04:43 AM
it was tested on zodiac and it actually made the disconnections worse, people started disconnecting for idling (when they weren't even idling)

This is also what I experienced immediately after changing server options, and is what led me to investigate the idle detection. After restarting the client however I have not experienced a disconnect in over a week.

Since I posted this however it has been said that the cause is known, and it does appear unrelated. It may be the case that disabling the idle disconnect doesn't cause the problem, but rather helps trigger it.

Rob
07-22-2015, 03:46 PM
Yeah. It seemingly has nothing to do with entering a level so much as loading the scripts from that level. I have been making a new gmap recently and despite crossing fresh level links hundreds (if not thousands) of times recently, I haven't been disconnected once (because it's a fresh gmap with no NPCs)

Era has had disconnectifnotmoved as false since at least 2014, but the players on that server have reported disconnecting as frequently as players from UN, who have had disconnectifnotmoved as true the entire time.

scriptless
07-22-2015, 05:14 PM
Yeah. It seemingly has nothing to do with entering a level so much as loading the scripts from that level. I have been making a new gmap recently and despite crossing fresh level links hundreds (if not thousands) of times recently, I haven't been disconnected once (because it's a fresh gmap with no NPCs)

Era has had disconnectifnotmoved as false since at least 2014, but the players on that server have reported disconnecting as frequently as players from UN, who have had disconnectifnotmoved as true the entire time.

Hmm, what if you are entering between 2 levels both of which have 0 npc's in them per say, however are part of a larger gmap, in which there are npc's in other surrounding levels? I recently had 2 disconnects within the same level just trying to walk thru it and it didn't have any npc's in it.

Ceasar
08-17-2015, 10:29 AM
oh that old problem

its because of various local scripts overriding each other that have different timeout loops, thats what causes the disconnects (lots of moving lighteffects = d/c)

how old of a problem was the disconnections? this has been happening since last year september after this thread was created. i wonder what is causing this..

when is the linux version being updated?

shrimps
08-17-2015, 07:37 PM
It started happening around when the last client update came, (I think?) The first client update pushed out after Stefan was gone.

Tim_Rocks
08-17-2015, 07:47 PM
When is Mac getting their RC3?

shrimps
08-17-2015, 08:42 PM
Mmm Big Macs, now I'm hungry.

bradigger
09-10-2015, 03:34 PM
Is the GNU/Linux client going to be updated? My thread on the matter was deleted, and this one is still here, so I guess I'll post here. This is one of my favorite games and I'm itching to play. Recently been thinking that if I was able to play right now I'd be working on learning GS2 to potentially help dev for Era.

It seems that it's difficult to get in touch with the developers who would be in charge of updating the GNU/Linux client. Can I just get an official announcement on this? I'm so desperate I've even considered learning C++ and asking if I can work on the client update myself.

Tim_Rocks
09-10-2015, 10:05 PM
Is the GNU/Linux client going to be updated? My thread on the matter was deleted, and this one is still here, so I guess I'll post here. This is one of my favorite games and I'm itching to play. Recently been thinking that if I was able to play right now I'd be working on learning GS2 to potentially help dev for Era.

It seems that it's difficult to get in touch with the developers who would be in charge of updating the GNU/Linux client. Can I just get an official announcement on this? I'm so desperate I've even considered learning C++ and asking if I can work on the client update myself.

The Linux client hasn't been available for a year now...? If you're not going to support the client, then stop wasting our time and announce it's end of life.

Ceasar
09-17-2015, 08:36 PM
09-18-2014
Just released Graal version 6.113 for Windows :D

You can download as usual from our web site:
http://www.graalonline.com/playerworlds/downloads/

Major improvements:
- Fixed several bugs
- Disconnects for a whole year

https://ducksnpucks.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/1yearanniversary-yellow.jpg

Ceasar
09-24-2015, 03:05 AM
so after the one year anniversary on the disconnection bugs it seemed to be doing worse

the game disconnects then says the game server cannot be reached for 5-10 minutes and this isn't my internet issue (im sure there are only a few players who can't reach game server.)

http://i.imgur.com/MJ4rHJN.png
http://i.imgur.com/TU3vS0d.png

shrimps
09-24-2015, 05:59 AM
I still only get disconnected when changing levels, if I idle I never disconnect, but yeah it's still annoying.

bradigger
11-16-2015, 03:53 AM
Any news on the GNU/Linux client getting an update?

Crono
11-17-2015, 06:13 AM
Any news on the GNU/Linux client getting an update?

what makes you think it's gonna happen?

Cubes
11-17-2015, 12:55 PM
I heard it was scheduled for sometime after 11/26 but before 12/25. Apparently there is a huge overhaul that's been done to the client and they are bringing back a more optimized 3D that can be used on mobile.

bradigger
11-23-2015, 01:08 AM
what makes you think it's gonna happen?

I cannot allow myself to think it'll never happen because I love this game more than any other. Also they've left the download for it up and never said anything about dropping support. I know Graal has been embarrassingly low quality in recent years, but even they should realize that's too far if they are just gonna drop support.

Crono
11-23-2015, 08:04 AM
I cannot allow myself to think it'll never happen because I love this game more than any other. Also they've left the download for it up and never said anything about dropping support. I know Graal has been embarrassingly low quality in recent years, but even they should realize that's too far if they are just gonna drop support.

I don't think anyone's really filled in Stefan's shoes so...

xXziroXx
11-23-2015, 05:03 PM
I don't think anyone's really filled in Stefan's shoes so...

Wasn't Novo supposed to become that guy?

Tim_Rocks
11-24-2015, 12:40 AM
Can we try and find someone who actually cares about the game to be the successor? It's still a great game to play.

shrimps
11-24-2015, 01:10 AM
You mean could be a great game to play again?

Tim_Rocks
11-24-2015, 01:51 AM
You mean could be a great game to play again?

Yeah, at it's current form it's a dud.