PDA

View Full Version : Are Tsockets enabled?

JohnnyChimpo
07-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Does anyone know if TSocket class is enabled or disabled by default? Basically trying to make a connection from a webserver to a Graal server.

Note: This isn't the correct forum but if anyone is interested in developing a C# application with me let me know. It requires you to be well versed in C# or have experience with OOP.

scriptless
07-16-2014, 09:54 AM
That might be one of those things that Stefan has to enable.

fowlplay4
07-16-2014, 01:38 PM
They were in the past but have since been disabled, along with most outgoing (cURL, requesturl) communication methods.

JohnnyChimpo
07-16-2014, 02:41 PM
But can this functionality be enabled again? Does any current servers have this feature enabled? Is there any highlighted security risks?

Side rant, can we please update the SQLite version to include table references? This will greatly reduce a lot of boilerplate code that is already surrounded by database work.

Gos_pira
07-16-2014, 05:44 PM
I believe they can be enabled on request and Stefan has to approve the address / port.

BlueMelon
07-16-2014, 06:25 PM
PC Era has been trying to communicate with stefan for a while regarding this topic, no response.

JohnnyChimpo
07-16-2014, 08:48 PM
Well hopefully this will get resolved quickly for both Era and I. I plan on developing an open source web-based application for all of graal to use. Like I said previously if you or anyone you know has experience with C# ASP.net MVC I would love to welcome you/them. I am also welcoming advanced GS2 programmers as well, as there will be some work to do there as well. But in order for me to design this system, I will need support for sockets. I realize this is a dwindling community, however I'm going to try to start the flame once again.