PDA

View Full Version : UN's iServer

nightslayer317
05-17-2014, 11:45 AM
I'm just wondering if UN ever does make it to the wonderful world of iDevices, would it be this server (levels, NPCs, quests) or would it be a seperate server? Basically I'm wondering if it would be a clone of this server or if a seperate server would have to be developed.

Ph8 was working on an iUN server awhile ago, and it was a whole seperate project. The TC there looked nothing like the TC here.

Also, would a staff member please provide the status on the migration to the iWorld. Is it being worked on, who is in charge of development, is development moving forward, is there an ETA, will there ever be an ETA (for the idiots, I am asking for a time frame not an events team admin)? Also, does it have to be managed by this staff team? Can like lets say greezi, and I know it would be a disaster, along with RuneDevil and Millions decide they want to make iUN and do it themselves or do they have to have permission from this staff team.

Cubes
05-17-2014, 01:27 PM
It's about 95% complete

PhantosP2P
05-17-2014, 03:36 PM
Interesting to hear! I hope UN does well on iDevices / Facebook. I think it has the most potential for that platform, as a more quest and social leaning server.

BlueMelon
05-17-2014, 06:21 PM
Will it be more mini-game/event oriented?

PhantosP2P
05-18-2014, 01:10 AM
Assuming they get peak 1,000 players, they'd need to rely on quests more so than events. Unless they plan on having a dozen or so event staff, which isn't out of the question but I wasn't sure who kept that many people hired these days.

Cubical
05-21-2014, 10:50 PM
Events on mobile devices aren't hard to get hosted. Finding events that a crap ton of people can participate in at one time is the hard part.

PhantosP2P
05-22-2014, 02:34 AM
I can imagine you'd need a big team to run multiple events, or make them not need an event coordinator and just program it a bit smarter.

HarDKoRe1234
06-18-2014, 10:50 PM
I'm pretty sure it will be event oriented.

NicoX
06-19-2014, 12:10 AM
I'm pretty sure it will be event oriented.

Already in development ?

lTBSl
06-19-2014, 07:45 AM
Already in development ?

Read up it says 95% complete.

NicoX
06-19-2014, 10:59 AM
Read up it says 95% complete.

Not sure if thats sarcasm lol

Stowen
07-12-2014, 05:18 AM
iUN is far from complete, but definitely in development. It is NOT 95% complete. As of now, iUN is going to be Events/Quests/Social oriented. It will have a storyline, along with a series of quests aimed at teaching the player the basic mechanics of Graal, and the server itself. We are unsure of how much of current UN we are going to be using, scripting/system-wise. Much of UN is outdated for the current era. We are heavily leaning towards re-coding from the ground up. As for levels, we are going to keep some of the look of current UN, placed differently on a new gmap. A makeover of sorts. More updates soon, as we are still finalizing our plans for development.

PhantosP2P
07-12-2014, 05:48 AM
UN is my second favorite server beyond my own, I really look forward to seeing what you guys create.