PDA

View Full Version : Serverlist Update

Admins
06-03-2013, 02:53 AM
Some of your might have already noticed the updates to the serverlist:

- The gold servers now also appear on the general "Playerworld" list, subscriptions don't change - to raise above level 10 or leave the main island you need to buy the Gold subscription which costs around 3 or 4 $ per month

- You see all dev servers where you are staff on in the "Special" server category

devilsknite1
06-03-2013, 03:56 AM
Maybe change the Special category to Favorites or something. Might make it a bit more convenient for developers, but it's not really for most of PC users. Right clicking servers on F8, or allowing GUI input with the taskbar "start" menu, or even adding it to F3 would help for servers that aren't classic.

Fulg0reSama
06-03-2013, 04:00 AM
I agree with devilsknite, that would be great.

fowlplay4
06-03-2013, 07:12 AM
I think it's really confusing that you would put it under Playerworlds but leave the subscription model exactly the same.

I also think special should be at the bottom of the list as well.

NicoX
06-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Im pretty sure that we will see a payment model change soon :) Atleast seeing something is gettin done even if it is slow.

Draenin
06-03-2013, 01:36 PM
I would love a 'Favorites' option if it's possible. :D

NicoX
06-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Some of your might have already noticed the updates to the serverlist:

- The gold servers now also appear on the general "Playerworld" list, subscriptions don't change - to raise above level 10 or leave the main island you need to buy the Gold subscription which costs around 3 or 4 $ per month

- You see all dev servers where you are staff on in the "Special" server category

Sorry for posting again, but doesnt access on Kingdoms Debug and Kingdoms Iphone being shown on the "Special" tab? Would be nice if its listing ALL hidden servers in this tab.

Thank you!

Emera
06-03-2013, 02:43 PM
That special category is fantastic. Thank you.

Spiker
06-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Woohoo for new stuff happening. Let's hope the subscription change happens quicker than some things usually take. I wanna see this micro-transaction thing work.

scriptless
06-03-2013, 05:06 PM
I agree with these people. Make it "favorites" not special, maybe add a feature to the start button to add? Right click and remove from F8 maybe.. and yeah what nico said, kingdoms iPhone and Debug not showing up :(

-HateD-
06-03-2013, 06:34 PM
I don't think you realize how many people would play kingdoms/zone if they were free or could be accessed by classic accounts.

Cubical
06-03-2013, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I personally don't ever plan on paying for gold again due to the lack of content and constant updates on Gold servers. I'll chill at level 10 for the rest of the time I play GK unless someone upgrades me.

edit: i guess ex gold servers i should say

Pandar
06-04-2013, 11:41 PM
Keep the dream alive, Stefan. That list of 10 to 15 people who will actually keep forking over their money to play a 2D RPG will surely stay strong.

knightfire35
06-05-2013, 12:00 AM
I don't think you realize how many people would play kingdoms/zone if they were free or could be accessed by classic accounts.

I certainly would hop on GK occasionally if classic accounts were given full access.

Fulg0reSama
06-05-2013, 12:33 AM
I certainly would hop on GK occasionally if classic accounts were given full access.

likewise.

But then there'd be no point to gold status.

Gos_pira
06-05-2013, 12:55 AM
likewise.

The solution would be to remove it and add lifetime again or start with micropayments on all servers.

Fulg0reSama
06-05-2013, 01:16 AM
The solution would be to remove it and add lifetime again or start with micropayments on all servers.

I personally like the simple idea of most microtransaction games (i.e: Maplestory would fit well)

Pay for vanity items that can be used cross realm (little toys that you can show off), play any server for free and finally make it so you can play cross platform, you'd have a game that could flourish as a f2p community.

knightfire35
06-05-2013, 01:43 AM
likewise.

In my opinion there's no point to gold status currently anyways. Graal is simply not in the position to be asking that amount of money for a subscription. And if life-time classic didn't exist, the player-count would be almost non-existent. I think the subscription system needs to change. Bring back the one-time payment system or micro-transactions. (Or a mixture of the two)

Cubical
06-05-2013, 12:46 PM
In my opinion there's no point to gold status currently anyways. Graal is simply not in the position to be asking that amount of money for a subscription. And if life-time classic didn't exist, the player-count would be almost non-existent. I think the subscription system needs to change. Bring back the one-time payment system or micro-transactions. (Or a mixture of the two)

Unless you have some kind of inside information about Graal's current 'financial' situation saying that it is not in the position to be asking for that amount of money then that is just speculation. While I agree with the micro transactions the 'one-time' payment idea i ridiculous due to Graal's low PC player base and they may make money for a few months off of it from existing players but eventually it would dwindle unless they somehow attracted more players. Micro-transactions is where it's at. It's much easier to justify spending $5 or $10 here and there 10-20+ times then it is to spend $50 all at once.

Twinny
06-05-2013, 12:56 PM
For some reason, I only see one of the two servers I have RC access to . I don't see N-Pulse in my special category :(

Fulg0reSama
06-05-2013, 02:29 PM
For some reason, I only see one of the two servers I have RC access to . I don't see N-Pulse in my special category :(

Maybe special refers to something else...
:blush:

Crono
06-05-2013, 03:32 PM

N-Pulse isn't special. :)

NicoX
06-05-2013, 04:21 PM

It seems like only the REAL UC servers are in that special tab, I can't see Kingdoms Debug and Kingdoms Iphone either

-HateD-
06-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Unless you have some kind of inside information about Graal's current 'financial' situation saying that it is not in the position to be asking for that amount of money then that is just speculation. While I agree with the micro transactions the 'one-time' payment idea i ridiculous due to Graal's low PC player base and they may make money for a few months off of it from existing players but eventually it would dwindle unless they somehow attracted more players. Micro-transactions is where it's at. It's much easier to justify spending $5 or $10 here and there 10-20+ times then it is to spend $50 all at once.

Alright this is ****in gold.
Basically, Graal can ask us to pay for it if we end up paying for it. If you really think graal isn't in the position to ask that kind of money then you must not be one of the like 2000+ people that pay at least something every month to play.
Micro transactions are better honestly. More money goes it which would (hopefully) provide more updates/better ****. That being said, graal is notorious for not delivering on that base and since they offered the option of lifetime accounts at one time, they should honor it and at least have some pride in maintaining PC (long in need of attention).

fowlplay4
06-05-2013, 10:25 PM
I think the Gold subscription could be a lot more popular if it actually provided benefits and perks instead of just removing the restrictions put on the game with a positive spin on it.

My 'business plan' for Graal would be to convert it to 3/4 levels.

Guest - No Head Customization or Community Name, one time purchase altogether. Game is still playable.
Community - After making the one time purchase you essentially have the same access as Classic accounts do today.
Developer - A one time purchase so you can work on servers and what not.
Gold - Server-specific benefits. I.e. on Zodiac +EXP Gain, Free Class Resets, and other niceties.

Under my idea, classic accounts would be converted to community accounts with developer access.

I think Server Rental needs an improvement to be more attractive to new developers looking to learn. I.e. Those looking to develop should be able to buy a 'Micro' server instance with a per-hour/day billing model with limited access, also staff only and only 3-5 people allowed in the staff= list.

Fulg0reSama
06-05-2013, 10:44 PM
I think the Gold subscription could be a lot more popular if it actually provided benefits and perks instead of just removing the restrictions put on the game with a positive spin on it.

My 'business plan' for Graal would be to convert it to 3 levels.

Guest - No Head Customization or Community Name, one time purchase altogether. Game is still payable.
Community - After making the one time purchase you essentially have the same access as Classic accounts do today.
Gold - Server-specific benefits. I.e. on Zodiac +EXP Gain, Free Class Resets, and other niceties.

Under my idea, classic accounts would be converted to community accounts with developer access.

I think Server Rental needs an improvement to be more attractive to new developers looking to learn. I.e. Those looking to develop should be able to buy a 'Micro' server instance with a per-hour/day billing model with limited access. I.e. Staff only and only 3-5 people allowed in the staff= list.

+rep when I have the chance.

Cubical
06-06-2013, 05:08 AM
Alright this is ****in gold.
Basically, Graal can ask us to pay for it if we end up paying for it. If you really think graal isn't in the position to ask that kind of money then you must not be one of the like 2000+ people that pay at least something every month to play.
Micro transactions are better honestly. More money goes it which would (hopefully) provide more updates/better ****. That being said, graal is notorious for not delivering on that base and since they offered the option of lifetime accounts at one time, they should honor it and at least have some pride in maintaining PC (long in need of attention).

You obviously didn't read my post or the one I quoted. Also 2000+ people? you are aware that it's free to play the mobile servers and players can buy in game currency and other perks?

knightfire35
06-06-2013, 08:06 AM

Let me re-phrase that, by the one-time payment I was referring to a small fee for a classic account like we've seen in the past. A basic account without the restrictions. Then from there it can be determined whether micro-transactions or a remodeled Gold system (such as the one fowlplay presented) would work better. As long as the micro-transactions or Gold "benefits" don't provide a pay-to-win situation and just provided shiny perks to merit the extra fee.

Tricxta
06-06-2013, 11:06 AM

My 'business plan' for Graal would be to convert it to 3/4 levels.

Guest - No Head Customization or Community Name, one time purchase altogether. Game is still playable.

I think Server Rental needs an improvement to be more attractive to new developers looking to learn. I.e. Those looking to develop should be able to buy a 'Micro' server instance with a per-hour/day billing model with limited access, also staff only and only 3-5 people allowed in the staff= list.

I like this idea, I assume gold would be periodic payments as it is now? And also that it'd grant all underlying account benefits in addition to what you stated?

-HateD-
06-06-2013, 03:22 PM
You obviously didn't read my post or the one I quoted. Also 2000+ people? you are aware that it's free to play the mobile servers and players can buy in game currency and other perks?

Pretty sure that the vast majority of iOS users spend money on the game (that counts into the 2000+ ;))

You must not have read what I said either.

knightfire35
06-07-2013, 12:21 AM
Pretty sure that the vast majority of iOS users spend money on the game (that counts into the 2000+ ;))

You must not have read what I said either.

The iOS servers aren't the problem, they are doing fine. PC Graal is what needs the subscription re-working, and that's what he was referring to. Not to mention those are micro-transactions and not required to play the game, thus people will be more inclined to purchase some gralats occasionally because they aren't paying the monthly fee for a gold subscription. I'm actually curious as to how many people per month actually pay for a gold subscription, maybe it's more than we think, but in my opinion the current gold system is not the best way to approach it.

-HateD-
06-07-2013, 01:40 AM
The iOS servers aren't the problem, they are doing fine. PC Graal is what needs the subscription re-working, and that's what he was referring to. Not to mention those are micro-transactions and not required to play the game, thus people will be more inclined to purchase some gralats occasionally because they aren't paying the monthly fee for a gold subscription. I'm actually curious as to how many people per month actually pay for a gold subscription, maybe it's more than we think, but in my opinion the current gold system is not the best way to approach it.

I couldn't agree more. I don't really see why money that the iOS makes can't be allocated to PC to help out there, but I'm not in charge. In the end, it would kill graal to revoke classic status completely and force people to pay to play (that's pretty ****ed up). Even if graal did, I for one wouldn't pay to play afterwards, but some might who's to say?

Merge ios and pc problem solved.

DustyPorViva
07-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Is there any chance you can remove the case-sensitive account checks that are going on when listing servers?

In order for a server to show up you have to type in your account exactly as it is in serveroptions, which can be a bit confusing for anyone who doesn't know what's going on. I know I went a couple weeks without access and had no idea this change was in place. It just adds one layer of confusion that isn't necessary.

devilsknite1
07-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Merge ios and pc problem solved.

That's essentially saying "bye bye PC servers"

Crono
07-29-2013, 07:58 PM
That's essentially saying "bye bye PC servers"

pc sparrers are frolicing on iclassic~

Admins
07-29-2013, 09:39 PM
Is there any chance you can remove the case-sensitive account checks that are going on when listing servers?

In order for a server to show up you have to type in your account exactly as it is in serveroptions, which can be a bit confusing for anyone who doesn't know what's going on. I know I went a couple weeks without access and had no idea this change was in place. It just adds one layer of confusion that isn't necessary.

Didn't know you can login with account name written wrongly, can maybe lower-case the staff list before checking if the player account is inside

devilsknite1
07-31-2013, 10:38 PM
pc sparrers are frolicing on iclassic~

Deservedly so :p

Rave_J
08-01-2013, 02:32 AM
lol anybody else notice some times it says Special tab and other times it says Staff on

Admins
08-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Login2 has been updated a few days ago so it should always show the new serverlister now.