PDA

View Full Version : Sign question

brokk
12-23-2012, 01:02 AM
I wasn't sure whether to put this in the 'NPC scripting' section or not but I think the rules for signs and showtext are the same.

How do you go the next space down. Sounds dumb but I can't figure it out haha. :confused:

I think it has to do with the #

I checked the Graal editor to see all the sign functions but they didn't show any for next line down. I only want about 5 words per line.

callimuc
12-23-2012, 01:06 AM
you mean like a new line? you can always use #b which should work

example:

Hey#b
this is a new line

should also work for the say2() script command

brokk
12-23-2012, 01:37 AM
you mean like a new line? you can always use #b which should work

example:

HTML Code:
Hey#b
this is a new line
should also work for the say2() script command

I'm doing it in a showText :(
so it didn't work.

Sorry I should of specified

Hezzy002
12-23-2012, 01:41 AM
\n

brokk
12-23-2012, 01:53 AM
\n

I did this and got an error of missing semi-colon?

"test, test, test" /n "next line";

DustyPorViva
12-23-2012, 01:55 AM
\n should be part of the string(in quotes). If you want it outside of the string then use NL.

So:
"test, test, test\nnext line";

Or

"test, test, test" NL "next line";

cbk1994
12-23-2012, 02:38 AM
Are you sure showtext can display multiple lines of text? I'm pretty sure it won't and you'll just have to show multiple lines of text as separate images ("showtexts") with a different index.

DustyPorViva
12-23-2012, 02:51 AM
Are you sure showtext can display multiple lines of text? I'm pretty sure it won't and you'll just have to show multiple lines of text as separate images ("showtexts") with a different index.
Honestly I'm not sure, but don't care to bother testing it myself. At first I thought you were right and that it didn't... but now I'm not entirely sure. It may just work, but if it doesn't you're right, he'll have to go the individual images route(in which case if he wants flexibility he'll be parsing a line break anyways).