PDA

View Full Version : Delteria Sneak Peak

MysticalDragon
12-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Delteria is at a great moving pace but we need some more devs to finish a handful of dungeons, and quest chains. Novo had a great plan that i thought was a terrible idea, at first. He said lets make in game tools so Staff positions such as GATs, LATs and Quest Designers could do the work with out the assistance of scripters or other capable devs. Now these in game tools are a superior asset to Delteria and its Developers. Here is a snapshot of some of the many in-game staff editors.

Entity Editor - The reason novo calls it a entity editor is because it contains alot more then just baddys. You can also use the entity editor to create traps and gadgets.
http://i46.tinypic.com/34o7fnr.png

Item Editor -This Editor contains all the items as well as the value's (worth) and property's of items. Property's can be added to add special values for the items.
http://i48.tinypic.com/nch4eu.png

Quest Designer (Editor) - Quest Designer is really amazing and brings Questing life so much easier to delteria for the dev staff. I got this idea from a good friend Ziro. This quest designer is really in depth and the possibilities with it is endless.
http://i47.tinypic.com/14szi1s.png

What we need help on delteria mostly is Quest Chains and Dungeons. Our Dungeons are broken into 2 type of instances, Party and Single Instances. To create a Dungeon using the instance is easy as in in-game tool.

this.instance.tutorial = {
TYPE.SINGLE,
{"deltlite_portshipbelowdeck-%s.nw", "deltlite_portshipinterior-%s.nw"},
{"deltlite_portshipbelowdeck-%s.nw", 19.5, 24}
};
this.instance.pig_dungeon = {
TYPE.SINGLE,
{"kaljundungeon_1-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon_2-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon_3-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon_3a-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon_4-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon_5-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon_6-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon_7-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon_8-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon_9-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon_10-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon_11-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon_boss-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon_hidden-%s.nw"},
{"kaljundungeon_1-%s.nw", 21.5, 52}
};
this.instance.water_dungeon = {
TYPE.ADHOC_PARTY,
{"kaljundungeon2_1-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_2-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_3-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_4-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_5-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_6-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_7-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_8-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_9-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_10-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_11-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_12-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_13-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_14-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_15-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_16-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_17-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_18-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_19-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_20-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_21-%s.nw", "kaljundungeon2_22-%s.nw"},ll
{"kaljundungeon2_1-%s.nw", 31.5, 49}
};

Here is a few snapshots of Unique Dungeons we have completed!

Most dungeons will not be your smash bang and move on, but contain all different types of puzzles and if it's a party dungeon, team work puzzles.
http://i49.tinypic.com/2czollh.png
http://i46.tinypic.com/2iowu9.png
http://i50.tinypic.com/5ean1d.png

Unique Bosses and Traps
http://i48.tinypic.com/2e1f85l.png
http://i49.tinypic.com/65z81w.png

As well as a fully documented wiki site for the players and fully documented staff section on how to use any of the staff tools.
www.delteria.net

We're currently looking for the Dev Staff Below
-Level Designers (Will be reporting to MattKan)
-Graphic Designers (Will be reporting to me)
-Scripters (Will be reporting to me)
-Ganiers (Will be reporting to me)
-Story Writers (Will Report to Reno or Novo)

To Apply for anyone of these positions you can either forum pm me or email [email protected]

Good Luck!
~MysticalDragon (Developer Manager)

P.S This thread was ripped from graalians

Matt
12-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Amazing, can't wait ! Very proud of the staff team. As a Delterian since 02' i've been waiting for Delt to return!

smirt362
12-15-2012, 10:39 PM
I thought y'all have had these done for awhile?

MysticalDragon
12-15-2012, 10:42 PM

graphics yes, now its all scripted and in action...

smirt362
12-15-2012, 10:53 PM

Oh neat.

bioboi
12-16-2012, 12:22 AM

Yeah that's what I was going to say. Not to be a negative nancy but like these are all the same screenshots we saw 3 years ago. The item system looks very nice and Delteria itself is a very nice server. Excited to actually see some action on it, maybe show us a video of the action?

Matt
12-16-2012, 01:28 AM
I support video preview :p

scriptless
12-16-2012, 01:33 AM
Is this going to be iDelteria or PC Delteria? They asked me to assist on scripting a few years ago but then switched to iPhone style and I left. Would be nice to see more PC servers.

xXziroXx
12-16-2012, 01:51 AM
You know I wish you guys the best of luck and stuff, but showing off an editor...? Really? That's not really impressive, it's something that would be expected from any half serious server.

MysticalDragon
12-16-2012, 05:03 AM
You know I wish you guys the best of luck and stuff, but showing off an editor...? Really? That's not really impressive, it's something that would be expected from any half serious server.

I was showing off the in-game staff tools as I'm trying to get developers, I think its a great attempt. Its also great to let possible soon to be staff know what type of tools they will be working with since delterias development is not the same as any typical server.
And yes the tiles are the same, but absolutely nothing was scripted at that time. Delteria only consisted of sexy images and well thought out levels. Now we have polished systems to compete with those levels and graphics. The Snapshot of the dungeon above was showed previously on the forums, but now that current dungeon is scripted and put into a instance so its ready to be played.
Again there is so much more that can be showed, my main point of this thread is to show Developers what type of tools they will be using and the outcome of it.
I also support a video of possible a dungeon or 2 :P, maybe ill make one up in a few and post it.

Is this going to be iDelteria or PC Delteria? They asked me to assist on scripting a few years ago but then switched to iPhone style and I left. Would be nice to see more PC servers.

Sorry to disappoint you but delteria plans on going to the iDevice still:'(. Stefan played delteria briefly and enjoyed delteria. He wants to contribute to delteria before its release and he said he wont have time to do that until after xmas.

BlueMelon
12-16-2012, 04:48 PM

We all know PC servers aren't going anywhere. Why spend all that work creating a new server for a 50-90 playercount?

scriptless
12-16-2012, 05:14 PM
We all know PC servers aren't going anywhere. Why spend all that work creating a new server for a 50-90 playercount?

Prepare for the iPhone crash? As people switch over to Android devices. Stocks down 700 to almost below 500.. Market Cap down from 600B to 500B.. Apple is in danger of loosing it's grip, how long can iGraal hold it together?

Why build a server with the only concern of having more players? 1000 players just kinda exploring seems less fun then 10 players questing, sparing, and having fun. I've owned 3 iPhones and the graal experience is severely lacking. Moving your player, sparing, and almost every other aspect seems a bit less then pc.. Get graal on Intel AND arm processors and into the Windows 8 phone and you will see much higher then 50-90 playercount like graal. You SHOULD see almost a mirror in playercount. (but that depends on how Win8 Phone compares to Win8 PC and Tablet.)

Players on iPhone seem to logon for a few minutes and log off.. All you guys are doing is making a new market for them to shove subscription plans down your throat and eurocenter makes a huge profit. u dont think it will happen but people of pc didnt think it will happen either.

Don't believe me? Watch iGraal over the next 4 years ;)

fowlplay4
12-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Prepare for the iPhone crash?

The majority of folks are kids playing on iPod Touches and I don't see an Android device that's comparable to it other than tablets. The playercount itself has also been going up (http://statistics.graal.us/server/show/1216).

While Stefan & co are kind of terrible estimating I do feel they'll at least get an Android-capable client out in the next 4 years which should result in another bump to the playercount of the mobile servers. The 'iGraal' servers of today will have no problem supporting another mobile platform.

scriptless
12-19-2012, 05:11 PM
The majority of folks are kids playing on iPod Touches and I don't see an Android device that's comparable to it other than tablets. The playercount itself has also been going up (http://statistics.graal.us/server/show/1216).

While Stefan & co are kind of terrible estimating I do feel they'll at least get an Android-capable client out in the next 4 years which should result in another bump to the playercount of the mobile servers. The 'iGraal' servers of today will have no problem supporting another mobile platform.

True, however alot of folks are using there iDevice because there is no Android client. People actually believe the only update on the iPhone 5 is the bigger screen -_- aparently they don't know about the lense, A6 processor, and other countless enhancements..

Alot of people with iPhones (rather then iPods) are also switching over to bigger screen phones such as the Galexy S3, the Note, and etc.. If the android and the iPhone servers are linked, the playercount will rise dramatically. But if they are seperate servers, the iPhone may take a hit (while still small).. Over the last year apple has reached incredible heights ranking among the top 3 tech companies. it even passed exxon mobile to become most valuable company.

But back to the iPod vs android.. the reason I say there will be an impact is because most likely the person with the iPod, doesnt have an iPhone or they would be using the iphone for graal instead... more then likely they will be android (if even smart phone).. and yes i do know apple made record sales for there iphone 5.. i have been following apple for a LONG time now.. just keep an eye on them im sure it gets interesting.

MysticalDragon
12-19-2012, 05:18 PM
True, however alot of folks are using there iDevice because there is no Android client. People actually believe the only update on the iPhone 5 is the bigger screen -_- aparently they don't know about the lense, A6 processor, and other countless enhancements..

Alot of people with iPhones (rather then iPods) are also switching over to bigger screen phones such as the Galexy S3, the Note, and etc.. If the android and the iPhone servers are linked, the playercount will rise dramatically. But if they are seperate servers, the iPhone may take a hit (while still small).. Over the last year apple has reached incredible heights ranking among the top 3 tech companies. it even passed exxon mobile to become most valuable company.

But back to the iPod vs android.. the reason I say there will be an impact is because most likely the person with the iPod, doesnt have an iPhone or they would be using the iphone for graal instead... more then likely they will be android (if even smart phone).. and yes i do know apple made record sales for there iphone 5.. i have been following apple for a LONG time now.. just keep an eye on them im sure it gets interesting.

Just curious why would it be different servers? From my understanding when the android client is released the iphone servers will be sharing the same server. Maybe I'am wrong, but I don't think so.

scriptless
12-19-2012, 05:23 PM
Just curious why would it be different servers? From my understanding when the android client is released the iphone servers will be sharing the same server. Maybe I'am wrong, but I don't think so.

I don't think it will be different servers, however I do have to ask myself how hardware limitations could affect it. At least with iPhone, if it runs on 1 it will run on them all (of same version). So I can't really assume either way.

Why would PC and iPhone be seperate?

foxstar70
12-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Terribly mediocre graphics, hope the gameplay makes up for it though.

Graphics*, it's*.

Please, for Christ sake, did you ever go to school? As a server manager you are giving such an amateur impression it hurts. Good luck on the server though.

papajchris
12-19-2012, 11:41 PM
looks great MD

Fulg0reSama
12-20-2012, 12:40 PM
The majority of folks are kids playing on iPod Touches and I don't see an Android device that's comparable to it

That's hilarious.
Because one product is more aged and had more time to establish an image, does not make it the better product.

papajchris
12-20-2012, 05:49 PM
I play GTA Vice City, Mass Effect, etc on my droid. Im sure it can handle Graals graphics.

foxstar70
12-20-2012, 08:29 PM
I play GTA Vice City, Mass Effect, etc on my droid. Im sure it can handle Graals graphics.

Graal lags more than World of Warcraft on my machine, believe it or not.

MysticalDragon
12-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Graal lags more than World of Warcraft on my machine, believe it or not.

It actually depends on the specs of your PC. I use to have a PC that could handle graal and everytime i tried to run wow it would crash.

Matt
12-22-2012, 07:48 PM
It actually depends on the specs of your PC. I use to have a PC that could handle graal and everytime i tried to run wow it would crash.

Same here, it sucked.