PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Club Racing System Idea for modern servers

KriosEthan
09-29-2012, 05:04 PM
This idea was presented to another server but sadly the idea was ignored so I am posting it for all to see and us if you like the idea. If you don't like the idea..well don't use it.

Midnight Club Racing System -
Being that Era has a decent sized city with plenty of turns and buildings, racing would work great in this environment. The general idea of this is to have players race and have fun but at the same time earn something out of racing. Not only will this encourage players to buy vehicles/fuel it will also give them something to do.

Initiating a race – In order to start a race a player must flash their headlights at another occupied vehicle (note races can only take place at night between 1200 Am – 6Am). Once this happens and the other player accepts by flashing their headlight back the race will then be imitated and a racing display screen will pop-up. One this display screen players will be able to view who has entered the race, now if a player has purchased a Underground Racing Radio and is in their vehicle when a race is imitated then they will get invited to the race. (only 6 people can be in a race at a time).

Being a racer or a viewer - If you are a racer you can bet on the race and obviously you would bet on yourself. As a viewer you can not only watch the race but also bet on racers, if the racer you bet on wins you will get some of the money. The rest of the prize money will go to the winner of the race.

Cops - Now I know that cops was introduced in Era quite some time ago. The advantage of have cops will always give players something to do. Who doesn’t love a cop chase or to hunt cops, now cops shouldn’t be over powered with weapons . Now maybe introducing some melee moved, handcuffs, and a standard pistol would work, but I suppose that can be explained later. When a race is imitated and has started it is up to the cops to stop the racers. How can cops stop the racers? Each cop car will come equipped with a emp that can last for 5 seconds. In order to bust the player the cops will have to RAM their car until the players vehicles health is down to 0 and the car stops working.

Getting rid of cops in a race – In order to disable a cops vehicle the player will have to ram them until their cars health is at 0. Now if you want to get a little crazy you can add add-ons for players vehicle’s that will only work when they are racing. For instance let’s throw a emp disabler on someone’s vehicle. This will allow them to disable the pursuing cops emp for 10 seconds.

Checkpoint System – If you have ever played midnight club or generally any racing game you will know they use a check point system. If you want you can have one racing type (a circuit race) or you can have several different types. When a race starts red or whatever color you choose) checkpoints will display on the minimap and on the players screen s they hit one checkpoint another checkpoint will show up. The last checkpoint should be the finish line and if you want to be classic you can do the checkered black and white finish line.

Hezzy002
09-29-2012, 07:19 PM
This would be cool if navigating the gmap wasn't impossible/awkward as Hell in a car.

Tim_Rocks
09-30-2012, 03:32 AM
Are you high?

papajchris
09-30-2012, 03:36 AM
http://almostdumb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/im-high-on-chromosomes.gif

KriosEthan
09-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Are you high?

"Cough" you are? Oh the guy that stole the fishing idea from another server and claimed he came up with the idea on his own. One last thing...Are you high?

Fulg0reSama
09-30-2012, 06:04 PM
http://i.imgur.com/B1kcd.png

No, but are you the devil incarnate?

Tim_Rocks
10-01-2012, 01:52 AM
"Cough" you are? Oh the guy that stole the fishing idea from another server and claimed he came up with the idea on his own. One last thing...Are you high?

I didn't steal anything from another server, I don't even bother playing other servers anyway. Plus all I did was complete a concept that was made on Era Dev along time ago. And I am always high, why even ask?

No, but are you the devil incarnate?

haha, sweet, I can't believe I forgot to screen shot that!

Hezzy002
10-01-2012, 02:26 AM
Tim_Rocks is a nerd.

Tim_Rocks
10-01-2012, 02:29 AM
Tim_Rocks is a nerd.

And?

Scoper
10-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Since nobody has actually offered criticism and this has just degenerated into insulting each other, here you go. All of these answers are assuming that this is implemented on era, or a server like it.

'Being that Era has a decent sized city with plenty of turns and buildings, racing would work great in this environment.'

No, it wouldn't. Who told you that? You? Too many shitty streets, and people. If anything, it should just be made into an event that people warp to after that initiation blah (not like we have a car race event or anything...>.>)

(note races can only take place at night between 1200 Am – 6Am)

That's the kind of arbitrary decision that everyone would hate. Sure, it kind of goes with the name you chose, but there's no practical reason to limit the time at which an event like this could be done.

now if a player has purchased a Underground Racing Radio and is in their vehicle when a race is imitated then they will get invited to the race.

If you're going to make it so 'anyone' can join a race and be notified about it, then you'd better implement some penalty for losing, or I'm going to sit there in a car on all my accounts and ruin the integrity of every race, as would any other jerk.

Cops - Now I know that cops was introduced in Era quite some time ago. The advantage of have cops will always give players something to do.

The obvious grammar issues aside..this isn't ****ing road rash. With everything else going on, unless you're gonna make an entire gmap (by that point you might as well just make a whole new server about it..?) for racing, keep it to strictly racing. I don't think the AI on any server in graal are competent enough to function well with something like this, anyway?

5 seconds
10 seconds

Leave specific times up to the staff who were crazy enough to try a project this big when they have to balance it out.

so I am posting it for all to see

Just a bit of personal curiosity, but are there even other modern servers that have a decent car system that aren't Era? I don't get out much.

You have..a decent start of an idea here.

Defensive blah blah about stealing noctorious' fishing system

Stop it. Stop wasting your time and feeding the trolls.

Zeus I wish i could +rep pretty much everything you say

Hezzy002
10-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Graal has some **** developers now.

KriosEthan
12-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Since nobody has actually offered criticism and this has just degenerated into insulting each other, here you go. All of these answers are assuming that this is implemented on era, or a server like it.

No, it wouldn't. Who told you that? You? Too many shitty streets, and people. If anything, it should just be made into an event that people warp to after that initiation blah (not like we have a car race event or anything...>.>)

That's the kind of arbitrary decision that everyone would hate. Sure, it kind of goes with the name you chose, but there's no practical reason to limit the time at which an event like this could be done.

If you're going to make it so 'anyone' can join a race and be notified about it, then you'd better implement some penalty for losing, or I'm going to sit there in a car on all my accounts and ruin the integrity of every race, as would any other jerk.

The obvious grammar issues aside..this isn't ****ing road rash. With everything else going on, unless you're gonna make an entire gmap (by that point you might as well just make a whole new server about it..?) for racing, keep it to strictly racing. I don't think the AI on any server in graal are competent enough to function well with something like this, anyway?

Leave specific times up to the staff who were crazy enough to try a project this big when they have to balance it out.

Just a bit of personal curiosity, but are there even other modern servers that have a decent car system that aren't Era? I don't get out much.

You have..a decent start of an idea here.

Stop it. Stop wasting your time and feeding the trolls.

Zeus I wish i could +rep pretty much everything you say

There are plenty of servers out there that do have decent car systems and can use such a system. This was just an idea one that others could change up and make it into something different. Making new gmaps isn’t very hard at all so im not sure what you were getting on about. With that being said this idea was posted to to get modern developers to open their eyes and start creating something that could make their server unique. It seems some people are afraid of change or just think it’s impossible so they choose one side but I don’t think that is the case at all. Anyways thanks for the feedback on this idea.