PDA

View Full Version : Paid to Develop

ryo1234456
08-29-2012, 08:02 PM
Paid Developer Information

N-Pulse is still looking for developers and we are willing to pay for their time and talent within their primary development field. If you are interested in becoming a paid developer for N-Pulse you must register at our website http://www.npulse-graal.com

Once you've done that and your account has been verified as an existing GraalOnline account, you'll need to fill out our 'Paid to Develop' form which can be found by clicking the link below.

Paid to Develop Form: http://www.npulse-graal.com/forms.php?do=form&fid=5

Next months assignments will include a lot of development around our economy.

Specific Paid Develop Openings

NAT (NPC Administration Team)
GFX (Graphics Team)
SFX (Sound Effects Team) *Note that this can be Sound Effects or Actual Music Written*

Requirements are as follows:

A non-shared GraalOnline Account as it's against GraalOnline Rules to share accounts.
A PayPal account; this is how you will receive payment for your assignments and projects.
At least 2 completed assignments or projects for us to be eligible to receive payment.

Payments will vary between $5.00 USD to $75.00 USD which is to be determined after an evaluation of the assignment which is done by Administration.

Questions, comments, and concerns are welcome !

Tim_Rocks
08-29-2012, 11:02 PM
I would rather be paid in gum.

fowlplay4
08-30-2012, 12:16 AM
I will take one of your assignments.

scriptless
08-30-2012, 01:10 AM
The problem with this is they already claim to have enough scripters, thus got rid of some for arguing PC was a bigger priority and were willing to script for free. But the BIG problem is you'll end up with 10 scripters with 10 different scripting styles, and then when you want to change one to interact with another you'll have to pay someone else to fix or edit it. Kinda a waste of money but I know you'll get some intrest out of people for money. Just hopefully they finish there scripts, lol.

Crono
08-30-2012, 01:13 AM
I will take one of your assignments.

Gotta do 2 first before getting paid.

At least 2 completed assignments or projects for us to be eligible to receive payment.

scriptless
08-30-2012, 01:25 AM
Gotta do 2 first before getting paid.

That's assuming they don't tell you they have no assignments and find someone else. If everyone does 1 assignment all assignments will be done and no one will get paid.

NicoX
08-30-2012, 01:37 AM
That's assuming they don't tell you they have no assignments and find someone else. If everyone does 1 assignment all assignments will be done and no one will get paid.

lolol

fowlplay4
08-30-2012, 02:20 AM
I just want to see what the $:work ratio is, it wouldn't surprise me if they had an assignment that took six to ten hours and the payout was $20.

scriptless
08-30-2012, 02:44 AM
I just want to see what the $:work ratio is, it wouldn't surprise me if they had an assignment that took six to ten hours and the payout was $20.

Well, a scripter such as yourself could grind out several scripts with ease. But you also gotta remember one of there main scripters is Emera, and I have witnessed his scripting skills while not crappy he has a long way to go to match your skill level. And making your systems compatable with his could be quite interesting.

I would def like to see people helping N-Pulse out, even if they change there mind every 5 days. According to post's on these forums iphone is priority but then again they say on there forums pc is. It's kinda back and forth I would assume both finish at the same time tho.

cbk1994
08-30-2012, 03:48 AM

I was going to say the same thing. I can't really see these ever-more-common payment schemes working too well. Most servers can't pay developers enough to keep them working if they're not interested in the server. Not sure about the other development fields, but I can't imagine $30 sustaining a decent scripter for more than an hour at the very most.

scriptless
08-30-2012, 04:56 AM
I was going to say the same thing. I can't really see these ever-more-common payment schemes working too well. Most servers can't pay developers enough to keep them working if they're not interested in the server. Not sure about the other development fields, but I can't imagine $30 sustaining a decent scripter for more than an hour at the very most.

dude $30 for an hour? lol they would pay maybe $30 for several projects (which maybe, depending on the scripters talent, can be accomplished that quickly)...

Well like I said, they had scripters that were willing to work for free, actually more active then they were.. but they pushed them away because of emotions..

and i don't think they mind at all. I think they only care about projects getting done then actually maintaining staff.. i mean i guess they can finish the server that way then throw crapy staff and say they have enough to meet PWA requirments or something. and yes actually become classic.

maximus_asinus
08-30-2012, 05:21 AM
you are more negative than I am

maximus_asinus
08-30-2012, 05:22 AM
and that says a lot

cbk1994
08-30-2012, 05:38 AM
dude $30 for an hour? lol they would pay maybe $30 for several projects (which maybe, depending on the scripters talent, can be accomplished that quickly)...

Which is why I said it's not sustainable and a better idea is to convince scripters that the server is a worthwhile project.

scriptless
08-30-2012, 05:44 AM
Which is why I said it's not sustainable and a better idea is to convince scripters that the server is a worthwhile project.

Well, I am a scripter. And having seen at least early plans, I was highly interested.

Matt
08-30-2012, 06:03 AM
Well with all that said, i hope the adults or anyone for that matter can see scriptless as the 'angry staff member that got fired for childish acts'. That's that.

Anyway, we have a good steady flow of assignments. Most assignments with payouts will be completion of entire systems. Example, for a sophisticated guilds system with a lot of specs, i would most likely offer a minimum of $20.00.

Now lets say there's no large projects to be completed, the assignment with the payout would consist of more smaller pieces of work. It really all depends on what will need to be done, hence my evaluation(s). Our management and administration realize that in this age in GraalOnline developers are limited and some have average quality, some have extremely good quality of work and were going to do what we must to obtain quality content. There's obviously many ways to gain ones interest, even if not interested.

After an assignments is completed, and verified as completed by Ducati, myself, or Ogodei, the payment would be sent within 1-5 days.

TStorm
08-30-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm interested in this...
I can develop both Music and Sounds and will be more than happy to contribute :)

Crow
08-30-2012, 10:13 AM
Well with all that said, i hope the adults or anyone for that matter can see scriptless as the 'angry staff member that got fired for childish acts'. That's that.

Can't really see that, nope.

Anyway, we have a good steady flow of assignments. Most assignments with payouts will be completion of entire systems. Example, for a sophisticated guilds system with a lot of specs, i would most likely offer a minimum of $20.00.

I understand that you want to pay developers. But motivation is achieved either by being interested in the project or due to money. And 20 bucks for a system one will most likely spend several hours on is just not enough.

Ducati_Link
08-30-2012, 10:47 AM
I'm happy to put more in, and up the price personally if the standard we are after is meet.

Crow
08-30-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm happy to put more in, and up the price personally if the standard we are after is meet.

I don't think you should. I don't like Graal's concept of developing for nothing at all, but that's how it has been all the time. You should find a couple of developers that do enjoy the work on N-Pulse, that would develop for free. Then you can pay those some extra bits of money for their effort.

NicoX
08-30-2012, 11:53 AM
I don't think you should. I don't like Graal's concept of developing for nothing at all, but that's how it has been all the time. You should find a couple of developers that do enjoy the work on N-Pulse, that would develop for free. Then you can pay those some extra bits of money for their effort.

I agree here. I had a very good Scripter when Esteria was heading Iphone. Paid him 40-50 EUR a week, and he did ALOT of work. He finished all basic systems and such. (Works great, already tested)

But yeah then I understood Graal is not worth all the money, lack of support, ignored by Management and such.
But maybe I can get you in contact with that Scripter, if he wants to work of course.
He could definately do all your scripting work alone.

Ducati_Link
08-30-2012, 01:03 PM
I also agree - but N-Pulse doesn't have the fan base, nor the '<insert dev dept here>' to interest others.

Fulg0reSama
08-30-2012, 01:15 PM
I also agree - but N-Pulse doesn't have the fan base, nor the '<insert dev dept here>' to interest others.

Read my PM to you, please think about this and also consider changing your wording, because that is a morale destroyer of a sentence right there.
Don't EVER say that kind of sentence when your thread's primary goal is to get people to help to your cause, that's literally as good as saying "I give up."
Because no one is going to just say "Okay, so we'll help it become something!" This community isn't good for that kind of generosity anymore.

Last thing I want to say is that you guys could very easily make something of it if you only consider every option and utilize it.
Also be smart about what you're trying to convey.

Ducati_Link
08-30-2012, 01:26 PM
I had a quick read - but will read it in full in a bit.

I just wanted to quickly say that I certainly didn't mean to come across like that. I am have means to give up on the project at all. I just meant that some servers have a top developer that helps pull in people because they either like working for them, or to learn off them. Because we have offered payments, we have got a couple of good people that are helping us.

I will reply more in detail in a bit :)

xXziroXx
08-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Read my PM to you, please think about this and also consider changing your wording, because that is a morale destroyer of a sentence right there.
Don't EVER say that kind of sentence when your thread's primary goal is to get people to help to your cause, that's literally as good as saying "I give up."
Because no one is going to just say "Okay, so we'll help it become something!" This community isn't good for that kind of generosity anymore.

Last thing I want to say is that you guys could very easily make something of it if you only consider every option and utilize it.
Also be smart about what you're trying to convey.

I think it's just you over-analyzing what she wrote. :oo:

Fulg0reSama
08-30-2012, 09:51 PM
I think it's just you over-analyzing what she wrote. :oo:

I took it face-value for what was stated, I merely suggested to reword how she wrote it, because no way is the context of that statement a positive thing. I think myself advising what I did wasn't being over-analytical.

As for the PM if you decided how you replied to me in any way based on that PM, that was for the thread, not her statement.

scriptless
08-31-2012, 05:12 AM

Yeah, I enjoyed developing for them. Was on EVERY day. Untill they abandoned there plans and went all iPhone crazy.

That's false. Not only does it have a fan base that enjoys a server when theres things to do (not events, for the sake of god not just events)... but you also have loyal staff.. or had I guess. I know I, and a few others are no longer with the project.

Tim_Rocks
08-31-2012, 05:44 AM
it have a fan base

You'd probably have a bigger fan base if you paid them in gum.

scriptless
08-31-2012, 06:00 AM
You'd probably have a bigger fan base if you paid them in gum.

agreed.

Ducati_Link
08-31-2012, 10:58 AM
Scriptless - we removed you from the project and if i'm honest.. possibly still not very welcome.. You still seem bitter and very negative.

If anyone is interested in helping our project, please let us know :)

Dumdumdidi
08-31-2012, 11:53 AM
i am interested to know if this offer is still up in about 3 months time

xXziroXx
08-31-2012, 06:17 PM

This man gets my recommendation.

ryo1234456
09-07-2012, 08:16 PM

If we're still needing people to develop then yes.

Gold1
09-11-2012, 05:08 AM
Well well. Look who decided to show. Aly, I know you probably pissed at me for several reasons. But the past is the past so let it be water under the bridge. I'm here because I hear N-Pulse is still in tact and I'm personally curious as to what the progress is. I would like to know more information as it comes about and I have no problem with you or anyone. I would just like to know if my old server will ever return or not. So. Get back with me.
Thanks

scriptless
09-11-2012, 05:19 AM
Well well. Look who decided to show. Aly, I know you probably pissed at me for several reasons. But the past is the past so let it be water under the bridge. I'm here because I hear N-Pulse is still in tact and I'm personally curious as to what the progress is. I would like to know more information as it comes about and I have no problem with you or anyone. I would just like to know if my old server will ever return or not. So. Get back with me.
Thanks

You can signup and read there forum's for updates. They occasionally repost stuff over here but you'll get much more details over there.

http://www.npulse-graal.com/

Gold1
09-11-2012, 05:22 AM
Alright

Tim_Rocks
09-11-2012, 05:34 AM
Alright

That post was probably just about as worthless as this one.

Matt
09-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Alright

Just hop on player, i'll give you insight once i see you. Account validated on the site.

DarkReaper0
10-07-2012, 09:55 PM
As someone who used to play graal frequently.

.....wow, how on earth did it get here....

Matt
10-08-2012, 03:49 AM
The maximum payout has increased to $50.00. If you feel our offer isnt enough let Ducati or myself know and I'm sure we can work something out.

Fulg0reSama
10-08-2012, 04:51 AM
The maximum payout has increased to $50.00. If you feel our offer isnt enough let Ducati or myself know and I'm sure we can work something out.

I seriously have to ask, how do you guys afford paying that for something like this?

Tim_Rocks
10-08-2012, 06:59 AM
I seriously have to ask, how do you guys afford paying that for something like this?

They could have bought a decent hooker and had a good time for that kind of money.

Fulg0reSama
10-08-2012, 06:47 PM
They could have bought a decent hooker and had a good time for that kind of money.

Well of course.
But all I'm saying is this revenue is mysterious.

Tim_Rocks
10-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Well, if I remember correctly, they described Graal as a hobby and lots of other people in the real world spend all kinds of money on their hobby, so why not Graal? The only issue I see with this is the fact that you don't physically have anything to show for it. Just wasted money on a dying game.

Matt
10-09-2012, 12:33 AM
Well of course.
But all I'm saying is this revenue is mysterious.

An extremely large, and expected tax return.

scriptless
10-09-2012, 02:57 AM
An extremely large, and expected tax return.

IRS Gonna pwn you this year fool, and santa knows you kids have been bad... :o muhahahahaha

psh, paying for work people offer for free...

Matt
10-09-2012, 03:47 AM
Not when the expected return is because certain people are employed. ^^

Hezzy002
10-09-2012, 04:24 AM

whoa $50

lets not break the bank now

scriptless
10-09-2012, 05:14 AM
whoa $50

lets not break the bank now

I know right, I only got $1,250 ... and I feel broke as hell.